Author Topic: TNA No Surrender  (Read 8959 times)

cobra_4

• Getbig II
Re: TNA No Surrender
« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2009, 05:00:50 AM »
Thats another thing WWE needs to do. They need to kill that whole DX angle. Its GAY especially since WWE is PG now. Its not nearly even close of the DX of the ninties and never the less, Michael's and HHH are better on their own. Lately they've been taking lousy beatings and they look like two old washed up men in the ring. The need to split them up, turn HHH heel again and let Michael's do his own thing.

I don't know I like having them together. Granted they aren't being used 100% like they should but I still enjoy watching them. I think bringing in a couple of new members would be kinda cool. Although I guess your right it would be hard for one of the main things that brought in the attitude and tv-14 era to survive in the pg era.

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2009, 06:00:42 AM »
Thats another thing WWE needs to do. They need to kill that whole DX angle. Its GAY especially since WWE is PG now. Its not nearly even close of the DX of the ninties and never the less, Michael's and HHH are better on their own. Lately they've been taking lousy beatings and they look like two old washed up men in the ring. The need to split them up, turn HHH heel again and let Michael's do his own thing.

I'm not a fan of DX anymore either, you're right about them looking like two old men.  Like Cobra said though, they could freshen it up by bringing in a couple of new members.  Some sort of, "Well if we can't beat you, then we know someone who can..." angle.  Could be a way to bring some new talent up to the main event level.

cobra_4

• Getbig II
« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2009, 06:27:03 AM »
I'm not a fan of DX anymore either, you're right about them looking like two old men.  Like Cobra said though, they could freshen it up by bringing in a couple of new members.  Some sort of, "Well if we can't beat you, then we know someone who can..." angle.  Could be a way to bring some new talent up to the main event level.
Good idea. Kinda like Trips and Flair did with Batista and Orton in Evolution.

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2009, 07:52:33 AM »
I don't know I like having them together. Granted they aren't being used 100% like they should but I still enjoy watching them. I think bringing in a couple of new members would be kinda cool. Although I guess your right it would be hard for one of the main things that brought in the attitude and tv-14 era to survive in the pg era.
With regards to the attitude era, you can thank two wrestlers as these two IMO made the attitude era what is was...

Stone Cold Steve Austin
The Rock

As for DX, it was a thing of the past. Adding "new members" would do the same thing it did to the horsemen. Make them look desperate and ridiculous. For example: The original horsemen were Tully, Arn, Ole & Flair back in 1985-1987. The tried to do this with Flair, Arn, Mongo McMichael & Jeff Jarrett in WCW 1994-1995 and it just didn't have the same VaVoom.   

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2009, 11:05:49 AM »
Suppose they did split up DX? They can put Michaels anywhere and the fans would accept it and enjoy it. HHH has got to headline. If DX split what is done with HHH? Maybe fight Orton again. That'd be cool. Or how's about against Cena. They never fueded before have they? Batista? Big Show? Truth is there's nothing else left for HHH except to turn heel and face HBK, Undertaker, or split with Steph and fight the Macs. The guy is played out and has to turn. Only way he's gonna stay on top.

Michaels is always over... He's just such a talent. HHH is fine as a face still, but I agree that he needs some new people to fight with. Cena is not a bad idea, but I think he has gone down that road.

What about CM punk over on Smackdown, he could have a good run there. It's at least something new and fresh.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: September 23, 2009, 12:18:12 PM »
I always preffered HHH as a heel. Better fueds and better crowd reaction because he's such a "prick" as a heel.

cobra_4

• Getbig II
« Reply #31 on: September 23, 2009, 12:49:25 PM »
A good HBK/HHH fued in the months leading up to mania ending in a hell in a cell would be awesome.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: September 23, 2009, 12:52:29 PM »
A good HBK/HHH fued in the months leading up to mania ending in a hell in a cell would be awesome.
It would.....I was thinking the same thing. Problem is it would really take its toll on Michaels. He missed 4 months after his match with undertaker at WM and it was only a regular match. Imagine a Hell in the Cell?

cobra_4

• Getbig II
« Reply #33 on: September 23, 2009, 01:50:57 PM »
It would.....I was thinking the same thing. Problem is it would really take its toll on Michaels. He missed 4 months after his match with undertaker at WM and it was only a regular match. Imagine a Hell in the Cell?

Might be worth it though, I mean how many more big time mania matches does the guy have left?

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #34 on: September 23, 2009, 01:57:58 PM »
Might be worth it though, I mean how many more big time mania matches does the guy have left?

I would love to see Michaels get a big run ending at Mania.  The only thing left in the WWE that might get me interested.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: September 23, 2009, 04:47:46 PM »
There's no doubt these guys are gonna go at it again. But how will they spark it? I mean if it starts now they'll split DX. Then DX is gone for good? Michaels has one more Hell in the Cell left in him. Not talking about this one coming up either. One more good one either against Undertaker or HHH. One last HBK showing that will again set the standard.

Maybe start something where HHH wants to take something "too far" and complains that Michaels has "gone soft" and doesn't deserve the title of DX.  I don't know, just off the top of my head.

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #36 on: September 23, 2009, 06:10:28 PM »
HHH vs Michaels at Wrestlemania would be awesome.

There was talk of turning DiBiase face in time for the release of The Marine 2, so they could maybe work with DX, where Ted turns face and Shawn accepts him as friend.  HHH doesn't believe he's changed, and over a series of weeks Shawn comes to the aid of Ted instead of HHH.  Eventually HHH gets sick of it and turns on Shawn (think Barbershop!) and teams with Cody.  They could do all sorts with the 4 of them leading up to HHH vs HBK at Wrestlemania, with DiBiase vs Rhodes also on the card somewhere.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: September 24, 2009, 04:51:01 AM »
HHH vs Michaels at Wrestlemania would be awesome.

There was talk of turning DiBiase face in time for the release of The Marine 2, so they could maybe work with DX, where Ted turns face and Shawn accepts him as friend.  HHH doesn't believe he's changed, and over a series of weeks Shawn comes to the aid of Ted instead of HHH.  Eventually HHH gets sick of it and turns on Shawn (think Barbershop!) and teams with Cody.  They could do all sorts with the 4 of them leading up to HHH vs HBK at Wrestlemania, with DiBiase vs Rhodes also on the card somewhere.
From what I understand, Di Biase is supposed to have a face turn at Survivor Series.
But again, anything is subject to change.

cobra_4

• Getbig II
« Reply #38 on: September 24, 2009, 04:59:15 AM »
I think a good way to lead into it would be to build DX up a little, maybe put a belt on them for a bit, keep them winning going into the Royal Rumble. Then have them both enter the rumble, have HHH come out pretty early and build it up to where he is gonna go through all 29 other wrestlers and make it to the end. About mid match have him get in trouble and start to look like he is gonna get thrown out. Then have Micheals come in at this point all pumped up and have him save HHH. Then when it gets down to the last six or so have Micheals make a simple mistake that gets HHH thrown out, then a upset Micheals gets thrown out too. That should be a good kick off to a three month program going into Mania. Have Micheals refuse to fight Triple H for the next month or so until Triple H just does one thing after another too him until finally Micheals can't take it anymore.

cobra_4

• Getbig II
« Reply #39 on: September 24, 2009, 05:00:27 AM »
One more thing I think they should have the tag belts on them at the Rumble, then loose them the next night on raw to help ignite the fued.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: September 24, 2009, 05:01:52 AM »
I think a good way to lead into it would be to build DX up a little, maybe put a belt on them for a bit, keep them winning going into the Royal Rumble. Then have them both enter the rumble, have HHH come out pretty early and build it up to where he is gonna go through all 29 other wrestlers and make it to the end. About mid match have him get in trouble and start to look like he is gonna get thrown out. Then have Micheals come in at this point all pumped up and have him save HHH. Then when it gets down to the last six or so have Micheals make a simple mistake that gets HHH thrown out, then a upset Micheals gets thrown out too. That should be a good kick off to a three month program going into Mania. Have Micheals refuse to fight Triple H for the next month or so until Triple H just does one thing after another too him until finally Micheals can't take it anymore.

I really like that last part cobra.  Gives HHH a chance to be the smartass heel that he plays so well, who is willing to do anything.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: September 24, 2009, 05:18:20 AM »
Problem with all this is that they have done it already. HHH turned on Michael's back in 2002 when they had their epic street fight at SS and Michaels won the match but HHH sledgehammered him at the end of the match.

cobra_4

• Getbig II
« Reply #42 on: September 24, 2009, 06:07:02 AM »
Problem with all this is that they have done it already. HHH turned on Michael's back in 2002 when they had their epic street fight at SS and Michaels won the match but HHH sledgehammered him at the end of the match.
Yeah but how many of todays casual fans actually remember back to 2002?

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: September 24, 2009, 07:13:12 AM »
And with the territories gone, so that there isn't a good flow of wrestlers on a regular basis, I really don't think there is much new they can do.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: September 24, 2009, 07:25:33 AM »
Yeah but how many of todays casual fans actually remember back to 2002?
Alot...believe me.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #45 on: September 24, 2009, 08:55:03 AM »
I wonder what percentage of WWF’s fan base right now is casual vs. regular followers.

When the product rocks like in the 80’s and later the “attitude era,” I think you see a lot more casual viewers.
But with ratings as shitty as they’ve been, I suspect the audience is primarily diehard marks who will watch no matter what.

The marks remember.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: September 24, 2009, 09:49:15 AM »
I'll always watch it no matter how bad it sucks. I have been watching it for more then 25 years and believe me it really sucks right now.
Me too. I've always been a vivid follower of the WWE. I watch other wrestling promotions because I like wrestling but WWE has always been #1 for me. Since 1984.

Chef, i'm surprised you haven't got any tickets for Raw this monday. Its in Albany, NY. Or do you?

cobra_4

• Getbig II
« Reply #47 on: September 24, 2009, 10:05:46 AM »
My #1 was always NWA/WCW. I followed Raw and kept up with it but I was always a Nitro watched and flipped to Raw on commercials. I followed Raw up until pretty much when Flair retired. After that I watch it every now and again. Ill buy Wrestlemania once a year, follow what is happening on the internet, but that is about it. I try and watch TNA every week though.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #48 on: September 24, 2009, 10:12:06 AM »
I wonder what percentage of WWF’s fan base right now is casual vs. regular followers.

When the product rocks like in the 80’s and later the “attitude era,” I think you see a lot more casual viewers.
But with ratings as shitty as they’ve been, I suspect the audience is primarily diehard marks who will watch no matter what.

The marks remember.

I guess I would be an in-betweener. I've watched it since I was a kid, yet, never went to the matches, but, I can't remember a time when I've cared less about the WWE.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: September 24, 2009, 11:44:29 AM »
My #1 was always NWA/WCW. I followed Raw and kept up with it but I was always a Nitro watched and flipped to Raw on commercials. I followed Raw up until pretty much when Flair retired. After that I watch it every now and again. Ill buy Wrestlemania once a year, follow what is happening on the internet, but that is about it. I try and watch TNA every week though.
Back in the eighties they only aired NWA / WCW on saturday nights at like 4 in the morning here in Toronto so I never really got to watch it until the late eighties.

WWE was on 3 times on Saturday. Noon, 1pm and again at 7pm and if you were lucky a SNME at 11:30pm.