Author Topic: CrossFit - Nadia Shatila's 100 Pull-ups in 2:53  (Read 74167 times)

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
Re: More Crossfit Nonsense
« Reply #400 on: June 06, 2013, 01:55:37 PM »

the first guy is the best.  this is why powerlifting is bad for you.  just an injury waiting to happen.  horrible trainng methodology.  this is my proof.

I think most of the people on that video would be better described as crossfitters than powerlifters or bodybuilders.

Crossfit = Dangerous because of sloppy technique executed at break-neck speed.

Powerlifting = Dangerous because of extreme poundages.

Bodybuilding = Dangerous because it attracts Schmoes.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #401 on: June 07, 2013, 07:46:44 AM »
i've felt all light headed like that before after i pull.  never done that though!!!  LOL!!!

That was seriously intense

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #402 on: June 07, 2013, 11:09:02 AM »
I think most of the people on that video would be better described as crossfitters than powerlifters or bodybuilders.

Crossfit = Dangerous because of sloppy technique executed at break-neck speed.

Powerlifting = Dangerous because of extreme poundages.

Bodybuilding = Dangerous because it attracts Schmoes.

how do you figure?  i saw maybe one clip that looked like it was at a crossfit gym or looked like someone "doing crossfit".  again.  you've never lifted at a crossfit gym.  all you know is what you see on youtube.  i worked out at a crossfit gym for about a year and a half.  i did the burner WODS where you do all the high rep shit but mostly we did a lot of oly work and they were cool with me doing mostly powerlifting.  i met a bunch of really good oly lifters at the one i went to as well.  and now they have a really good and competitive oly club there.  there were idiots there too.  but they are everywhere.  and i've done the crossfit gym thing, i've done the commercial gym thing, and now for the past 3 years i've been doing mostly all my lifting in my garage with my powerlfiting friends.  when its real cold i go to an LA Fitness.  so i've been at all of these places and i can say with the utmost confidence that the wannabe bodybuilders are WAY more annoying then the wannabee crossfitters.

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #403 on: June 07, 2013, 03:31:48 PM »
how do you figure?  i saw maybe one clip that looked like it was at a crossfit gym or looked like someone "doing crossfit".  again.  you've never lifted at a crossfit gym.  all you know is what you see on youtube.  i worked out at a crossfit gym for about a year and a half.  i did the burner WODS where you do all the high rep shit but mostly we did a lot of oly work and they were cool with me doing mostly powerlifting.  i met a bunch of really good oly lifters at the one i went to as well.  and now they have a really good and competitive oly club there.  there were idiots there too.  but they are everywhere.  and i've done the crossfit gym thing, i've done the commercial gym thing, and now for the past 3 years i've been doing mostly all my lifting in my garage with my powerlfiting friends.  when its real cold i go to an LA Fitness.  so i've been at all of these places and i can say with the utmost confidence that the wannabe bodybuilders are WAY more annoying then the wannabee crossfitters.

Didn't read, lol.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
Re: CrossFit - Nadia Shatila's 100 Pull-ups in 2:53
« Reply #404 on: June 08, 2013, 02:57:08 AM »
100 pullups in under 3 minutes.  ::)

load of Bollocks.... ::) great shoulder blaster.... ???

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
« Reply #405 on: June 08, 2013, 04:41:01 AM »
Didn't read, lol.

Why should you?

Of course, all CF-ers are weak...I keep having to tell myself that

pedro01

• Getbig V
  • Hello Hunior
« Reply #406 on: June 08, 2013, 05:39:13 AM »

No, but then again, regular lifting or powerlifting does not promote this...

This must be part of some elaborate insurance scam, right?

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #407 on: June 08, 2013, 05:53:31 AM »
lol how did i miss this thread

pics just screams midlife-crisis-trying-to-look-cool

gives them a reason to put up pics of themselves on facebook doing dumb workouts right

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #408 on: June 08, 2013, 06:45:31 AM »
OK...OK... when i read Kranks log...i can dig it but some of the BS you see nowadays is insane.. stupid injury stuff... ::)

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #409 on: June 08, 2013, 07:20:26 AM »
This must be part of some elaborate insurance scam, right?

Again, one guy fucking around and having fun and suddenly the uninformed think that this is something that is practiced.  I could point out a dozen stupidity pictures from bodybuilding.

lol how did i miss this thread

pics just screams midlife-crisis-trying-to-look-cool

gives them a reason to put up pics of themselves on facebook doing dumb workouts right

Mid life crisis at 25yo?  Interesting.  Also, the CF crowd is so far less douchey than bodybuilding and fitness.  I have blocked my share of the fitness/bodybuilding bitches for posting their meals on their contest prep, the constant uplifting and positive message for the day.  Then you have the guys and the posts of how hardcore they are.  The constant variations of "Go heavy or go home"...the "light weight"...all that shit.  The innundation of contest prep photos taken in just the right light so they can kind of make out the abs from being a fat fuck for the last 10 mos.  I was a bodybuilder for 25 years, I have yet to see the douche-ism of bodybuilding get matched.  Show me ONE CFer that attributes adding 50lbs to their C&J, snatch, dead, bench, etc to the predigested, tripled filtered, super mega ionized, reverse micronized whey protein they take within 14.3792493mins ending their workout.

Donny : yes, some of the shit CFers do is stupid.  It is retarded.  It makes no sense.  They do want the attention.  I ask though, how does that differ from bodybuilding?  Do you think someone pumping 2000mg of UG gear per week is safe?  I really do look at CF and WSM as very similar.  Competitive exercise.  CF is more for us twinks ;)

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #410 on: June 08, 2013, 07:23:08 AM »
Again, one guy fucking around and having fun and suddenly the uninformed think that this is something that is practiced.  I could point out a dozen stupidity pictures from bodybuilding.

Mid life crisis at 25yo?  Interesting.  Also, the CF crowd is so far less douchey than bodybuilding and fitness.  I have blocked my share of the fitness/bodybuilding bitches for posting their meals on their contest prep, the constant uplifting and positive message for the day.  Then you have the guys and the posts of how hardcore they are.  The constant variations of "Go heavy or go home"...the "light weight"...all that shit.  The innundation of contest prep photos taken in just the right light so they can kind of make out the abs from being a fat fuck for the last 10 mos.  I was a bodybuilder for 25 years, I have yet to see the douche-ism of bodybuilding get matched.  Show me ONE CFer that attributes adding 50lbs to their C&J, snatch, dead, bench, etc to the predigested, tripled filtered, super mega ionized, reverse micronized whey protein they take within 14.3792493mins ending their workout.

Donny : yes, some of the shit CFers do is stupid.  It is retarded.  It makes no sense.  They do want the attention.  I ask though, how does that differ from bodybuilding?  Do you think someone pumping 2000mg of UG gear per week is safe?  I really do look at CF and WSM as very similar.  Competitive exercise.  CF is more for us twinks ;)

meltdown

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #411 on: June 08, 2013, 07:26:41 AM »

meltdown

If meltdown means thoughtful and articulate counter to your post, you're right.
Y

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #412 on: June 08, 2013, 07:28:21 AM »

meltdown

My post must have hit home for you Maxine   ;)

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #413 on: June 08, 2013, 08:27:44 AM »
Krank..i agree with you on some Points... believe me. I have never taken steroids or do i understand how to use them. Therefore i can´t really comment on this subject because i do not know enough. I have always and will always Train natural . The Posts about Steroids i find intresting because i can read through the lines, who really knows and who experiments. as for Cross Training being for twinks i do not think so. Remember i come from a martial arts Background and am not a Big Guy...but i move very fast. I utilize everything to my Advantage.

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #414 on: June 08, 2013, 11:10:41 AM »
"The key is to put it all in your groin and your back.  Take you legs totally out of the equation.  Lift with your lower back in a jerking twisting motion."

- Crossfit coach Peter Griffin

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #415 on: June 08, 2013, 11:22:10 AM »
load of Bollocks.... ::) great shoulder blaster.... ???
Pretty good forearm workout! Would hit!

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #416 on: June 08, 2013, 11:24:39 AM »
This moron thought it would be a good idea to carry a Fridge on his back.

when asked about his leg and if it was broken ... franco said that he is a chiropractor and he knows his leg is not broken ... show the replay hahahahah
L

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #417 on: June 08, 2013, 12:35:14 PM »
"The key is to put it all in your groin and your back.  Take you legs totally out of the equation.  Lift with your lower back in a jerking twisting motion."

- Crossfit coach Peter Griffin

"You can build just as much muscle using a 20lb weight as you can using an 80lb weight!!!"
-  IFBB Pro Ben Pakulski

"HMB..feels like Deca"
- Bill Phillips

((I could add at least 10 more if you like))

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #418 on: June 08, 2013, 01:44:18 PM »
"You can build just as much muscle using a 20lb weight as you can using an 80lb weight!!!"
-  IFBB Pro Ben Pakulski

"HMB..feels like Deca"
- Bill Phillips

mate,,,Bodybuilders have been using These principles for years........... ;D

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #419 on: June 08, 2013, 01:48:55 PM »
Krank please pm me with your thoughts. really

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #420 on: June 08, 2013, 03:21:42 PM »
-  IFBB Pro Ben Pakulski

"HMB..feels like Deca"
- Bill Phillips

Yes, add more! These are great!!