Author Topic: THE OFFICIAL RICK PERRY ELECTION THREAD  (Read 6862 times)

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
THE OFFICIAL RICK PERRY ELECTION THREAD
« on: September 13, 2011, 07:17:41 PM »
I have had some ambivalence toward Rick Perry ....I'm not too aware of his politics but have been slowly learning about the man.....I didn't like his characterization of Social Security as a "ponzi scheme"...I thought it was a stupid thing to say and was his way of scaring the electorate..but some other things came out during the debates that made me look at him in a more positive light

I like that fact that he does support financial aid for the students of illegal immigrants....these kids are here through no fault of their own and by giving them the ability to get an education he prevents more serious problems down the road

I also like that he gave an executive order making it mandatory to have girls innoculated against the HSV virus so that they would not later develop pussy cancer (sorry, don't know how else to put it)...anything that makes girls less vulnerable to this is a good thing since girls are going to have sex with multiple partners as they grow up

I really think Perry is a different kind of Republican...he actually has some humanity and doesn't just look at the bottom line (money)..both of the above were the right thing to do for the public and he had the guts to do it..makes me change some of the negativity I had toward him and it makes me consider voting for him if there is a total implosion by Obama

I thought Michele Bachmann was very insensitive about the above and tied to rip Perry a new asshole..but she was wrong and came off to me as uncaring..just as most Republicans do..Perry could conceivably get Democratic votes if he stays moderate and doesn't back down from the the more hard-line elements of his party

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
Re: THE OFFICIAL RICK PERRY ELECTION THREAD
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2011, 07:19:14 PM »
Rick Perry sucks.

GigantorX

• Getbig V
  • GetBig's A-Team is the Light of Truth!
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2011, 07:19:19 PM »
I have had some ambivalence toward Rick Perry ....I'm not too aware of his politics but have been slowly learning about the man.....I didn't like his characterization of Social Security as a "ponzi scheme"...I thought it was a stupid thing to say and was his way of scaring the electorate..but some other things came out during the debates that made me look at him in a more positive light

I like that fact that he does support financial aid for the students of illegal immigrants....these kids are here through no fault of their own and by giving them the ability to get an education he prevents more serious problems down the road

I also like that he gave an executive order making it mandatory to have girls innoculated against the HSV virus so that they would not later develop pussy cancer (sorry, don't know how else to put it)...anything that makes girls less vulnerable to this is a good thing since girls are going to have sex with multiple partners as they grow up

I really think Perry is a different kind of Republican...he actually has some humanity and doesn't just look at the bottom line (money)..both of the above were the right thing to do for the public and he had the guts to do it..makes me change some of the negativity I had toward him and it makes me consider voting for him if there is a total implosion by Obama

I thought Michele Bachmann was very insensitive about the above and tied to rip Perry a new asshole..but she was wrong and came off to me as uncaring..just as most Republicans do..Perry could conceivably get Democratic votes if he stays moderate and doesn't back down from the the more hard-line elements of his party

Uh, "IF there is a total implosion by Obama?

Where have you been?

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2011, 07:21:42 PM »
Rick Perry sucks.

he does suck just a little...but that's my point.....the other Republicans suck all the way!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2011, 08:08:34 PM »
perry served in congress as a dem and had a lifetime of liberal positions - until it became politically convenient (the bush gov era) to be conservative.

VOILA!

He stole the Bush swagger, behavior, and eventually, governor job!

But, when given the job, what did he do?  He let his lib colors show!

He TRIPLED the TX debt.
He used his executive order to FORCE those HPV shots.
He RAISED Taxes.
He SUPPORTS obama's DREAM ACT@
He has BOTH positions on the afghanistan war.

Sorry yall, but Perry is a lib.  An angry lib who is trying his best to act like a smug tea partier.

An actor who is sucking up to ignorant ass base voters.  That's it!

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2011, 08:08:39 PM »

Do you teach college level?

I've been thinking about this one a lot.

I'm thinking way too dictatorial, especially given that he was not enforcing an existing law.  When Presidents and govenors utilize executive orders, not to enforce existing laws, but to make their own, I think it goes well beyond the bounds.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2011, 08:31:31 PM »
We're gonna tell the EPA we don't need you monkeyin' around and fiddlin' around and gittin' in our bidness on every kind of regulation that you can dream up. Yer doin' nothin' more than killin' jobs. It is a cemetery for jobs at the EPA and Mr. Cain hit the spot tonight when he said you need to put someone in there who's gonna be a pro jobs, pro American Administrator and tell 'em every day this is gonna be about creatin' jobs in America."

English - do you speak it, MFer?

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2011, 09:26:48 PM »
perry served in congress as a dem and had a lifetime of liberal positions - until it became politically convenient (the bush gov era) to be conservative.

VOILA!

He stole the Bush swagger, behavior, and eventually, governor job!

But, when given the job, what did he do?  He let his lib colors show!

He TRIPLED the TX debt.
He used his executive order to FORCE those HPV shots.
He RAISED Taxes.
He SUPPORTS obama's DREAM ACT@
He has BOTH positions on the afghanistan war.

Sorry yall, but Perry is a lib.  An angry lib who is trying his best to act like a smug tea partier.

An actor who is sucking up to ignorant ass base voters.  That's it!

I think you are being somewhat harsh on him but what you are saying here is essentially true..I might vote for him if he takes back what he said about Social Security being a ponzi scheme

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2011, 09:29:46 PM »
I think you are being somewhat harsh on him but what you are saying here is essentially true..I might vote for him if he takes back what he said about Social Security being a ponzi scheme

Krugman said it's a ponzi scheme too.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2011, 09:30:07 PM »
Do you teach college level?

I've been thinking about this one a lot.

I'm thinking way too dictatorial, especially given that he was not enforcing an existing law.  When Presidents and govenors utilize executive orders, not to enforce existing laws, but to make their own, I think it goes well beyond the bounds.

I don't have a problem with it because he was trying to strengthen public health.....I myself would make my daughters take that vaccine to save them from all the nasty men out there..LOL....and anyway, the government already does what Perry did through their making it mandatory for all kids to get vaccination before being able to attend school....

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2011, 09:31:50 PM »
Krugman said it's a ponzi scheme too.
Krugman is bright but if he said that then he's wrong as well....you have to show me proof that he said that..that doesn't sound like a quote he would make

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2011, 09:34:07 PM »
Krugman is bright but if he said that then he's wrong as well....you have to show me proof that he said that..that doesn't sound like a quote he would make

Go check my Rick perry thread on this.   Verbatim. 

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2011, 09:34:43 PM »
I think I might vote for Perry.....depending on what happens in the next few months with the economy....I really think Mitt Romney comes across as a rich momma's boy who doesn't have the fire to fight for a nomination that by all rights should be his..he let Bachmann and Perry come in and take his thunder

Freeborn126

• Getbig III
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2011, 03:41:45 AM »
I think I might vote for Perry.....depending on what happens in the next few months with the economy....I really think Mitt Romney comes across as a rich momma's boy who doesn't have the fire to fight for a nomination that by all rights should be his..he let Bachmann and Perry come in and take his thunder

Ricky Perry sucks dude.  Get informed.  When is it right for one man to decide that millions of little girls get a potentially harmful vaccine?  Big government at its worst.  Strange how so many Americans want to go back to 16th century England where a King rules over everyone's lives.
Live free or die

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2011, 04:50:43 AM »
Ricky Perry sucks dude.  Get informed.  When is it right for one man to decide that millions of little girls get a potentially harmful vaccine?  Big government at its worst.  Strange how so many Americans want to go back to 16th century England where a King rules over everyone's lives.

I think you are the one who needs to get informed.....vaccines are always being maligned by crazy people who think that they are potentially dangerous,.,,,but the fact is serious injury or death rarely results from vaccines..thats a really big myth that you are trying to continue here....

people thought that vaccines were the cause of autism..that has since been proven wrong....

the government has the right to protect its citizens from disease...they ordered all children to be vaccinated against mumps, measles, chicken pox etc....are you against that too?>???

Rick Perry did the right thing..you have been brainwashed by the right wing to believe that the government shouldn't make us do anything....

I would take my daughters in for this shot in a second and I plan on doing so.....if you are unwilling to protect your daughters from a cancer that is totally preventable then you must be absolutely out of your fucking mind!!!!!!.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2011, 05:02:46 AM »
Something about perry I don't like. 
Can't describe it.  I prefer romney to perry at this point if those two are the choice.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2011, 07:08:10 AM »
Something about perry I don't like. 
Can't describe it.  I prefer romney to perry at this point if those two are the choice.

Romney is weak....rich momma's boy who never had to fight for anything..the presidency is way too big for him

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2011, 07:10:29 AM »
Romney is weak....rich momma's boy who never had to fight for anything..the presidency is way too big for him

I prefer Paul and Bachmann - and probably like Bachmann more at this point just because Ron Paul simply does not really want to win.   

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2011, 07:38:59 AM »

WTF did Perry have to "fight for"?

The dude wins elections by running as whatever is popular at the moment.  He an ACTOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He's won 10 or 11 elections - Half as a Dem, 1/4 as a moderate, and the last 1/4 as a tea partier. 

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2011, 07:49:39 AM »

I like that idea too, after we give financial aid to every single American student!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2011, 08:00:06 AM »
I like that idea too, after we give financial aid to every single American student!

maybe rick perry has a reason for wanting to give more breaks to illegals than legals.

can any of our resident Perry supports explain?

Wait, I don't think we have any resident perry supporters.  I think they're like "We like him more than obama, but jeez louise, why does this crop of candidates suck so bad''?

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2011, 08:02:00 AM »
I prefer Paul and Bachmann - and probably like Bachmann more at this point just because Ron Paul simply does not really want to win.   

Ron Paul has no inner fire and does not have the campaign chops to win..he sounds good in debates and on the internet but thats as far as it goes....he doesn't campaign well and he killed himself when he said that he would let a young man die if he didn't have health insurance

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2011, 08:05:06 AM »
WTF did Perry have to "fight for"?

The dude wins elections by running as whatever is popular at the moment.  He an ACTOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He's won 10 or 11 elections - Half as a Dem, 1/4 as a moderate, and the last 1/4 as a tea partier.  

Thats his business.....I'm going by what the man has done...which is impressive by Republican standards....all politicians are actors.......Romney won't even defend his own healthcare plan which he enacted in Mass.....Perry is not perfect by any means....but would you prefer Bachmann or Palin or Gingrich as prez???

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2011, 08:05:59 AM »

every single American student CAN get financial aid if they are eligible

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2011, 08:07:37 AM »

Thats his business.....I'm going by what the man has done...which is impressive by Republican standards....all politicians are actors.......

But not all politicians have COMPLETELY FLIPFLOPPED like this.   I mean, you can't list a further flipflop than 1) Working to make Al Gore president to 2) Running as a loud mouth tea partier.

but would you prefer Bachmann or Palin or Gingrich as prez???

Bachmann or Newt - Absolutely!