Author Topic: Stephen Hawking: God didn't create universe  (Read 54827 times)

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
Re: Stephen Hawking: God didn't create universe
« Reply #425 on: September 05, 2010, 08:55:36 PM »
what would be the point in creating life-only to enslave them to your will?  the reason we love god is because he gave us all the freedom to do as we please. 

EwaBeachBoy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #426 on: September 05, 2010, 08:56:00 PM »
How do you know all this  ???

There has been so many examples from history.

Christians being fed to the lions, Jesus being beaten and whipped by the romans because his own people the jews abandoned him, Mother Teresa  feeding the poor and destitute, innocent babies being murdered, so many examples.

Do you actually think a loving God wants to see suffering especially for people that love him? The answer is no.

He gave mankind free will to either choose the right or wrong thing. We have the choice to either stop the wrongs or right the wrongs.

If God took away our free will, He wouldnt be a God of love but a god of enslavement.

ThaRealist

• Getbig IV
  • Team REal LiFe
« Reply #427 on: September 05, 2010, 08:56:20 PM »
Haha, you guys are ridiculous on your excuses for the all mighty...If at one point jesus could walk on water and turn water into wine than surely, keeping pedophiles from raping children would be no feat at all...I guess your god lets this happen to just grieve and make man understand his true self. How about making up revelations after going to heaven wasn't enough for christians to practice the religion....

Look it up you die hard christians, hell was made up to give an alternative to not going to heaven....Challenge me on it....You will see the scriptures about revelations were written to give a dark side....
You Can't Do It!!!

ThaRealist

• Getbig IV
  • Team REal LiFe
« Reply #428 on: September 05, 2010, 08:59:31 PM »

Christians being fed to the lions, Jesus being beaten and whipped by the romans because his own people the jews abandoned him, Mother Teresa  feeding the poor and destitute, innocent babies being murdered, so many examples.

Do you actually think a loving God wants to see suffering especially for people that love him? The answer is no.

He gave mankind free will to either choose the right or wrong thing. We have the choice to either stop the wrongs or right the wrongs.

If God took away our free will, He wouldnt be a God of love but a god of enslavement.

If god gave us free will, (which christians preach) than god wouldn't mind us practicing whatever....God strike me down if I am wrong....tick tock tick tock
You Can't Do It!!!

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #429 on: September 05, 2010, 09:00:29 PM »
Look it up you die hard christians, hell was made up to give an alternative to not going to heaven....Challenge me on it....You will see the scriptures about revelations were written to give a dark side....
what does that have to do with anything? because "hell" was made up the universe caused itself to happen? or because hell was made up, good can exist without evil? hahaha..    do you think about what yoru going to post before you post it??  ;D

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #430 on: September 05, 2010, 09:01:37 PM »
God allows bad things to happen but He isnt the one that causes them to happen.

Bad things happen such as rape or murder because of the bad in this world and the free will He gives everyone one of us.

I could choose to kill and hurt everybody but it wasnt God that made it happen...I made it happen.

In the end..because of my choice of doing wrong, God grieves and so does the victims of the family member that I have hurt or destroyed.

It is not God that makes it happen but people...please understand that

Agreed, God could have prevented me from falling, but I fell and my situation went from bad to worse.  Now at my worst hour he did divinely intervene and save me and in the process drew my entire family and friends closer to him.  No telling who else may have been positively influenced by my situation.  I still have a lot physical therapy to go through for my leg and I'll be on blood thinner therapy for 6 mos to a year, but I have renewed confidence that with faith in him I can be saved from even death.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #431 on: September 05, 2010, 09:01:57 PM »
If god gave us free will, (which christians preach) than god wouldn't mind us practicing whatever....God strike me down if I am wrong....tick tock tick tock
your literally defeating your own argument with your own argument.. hahahahah if you had free will god wouldnt strike you down

EwaBeachBoy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #432 on: September 05, 2010, 09:03:15 PM »
He is an example Realist:

Jesus didnt have to die on the cross. At any given moment, the jews could have fought for him. Pilate could have let Jesus go because he knew that Jesus was an innocent man. Jesus could have called down fire from heaven. God could have prevented Jesus from dying as well

But God left it up for us to do the right thing...The Jews had a choice to save Jesus. They were given scripture to recognize that Jesus was the Messiah but they turned a blind eye even though mahy of them knew that Jesus was the messiah.

According to the Bible, the Bible says that Jesus suffered the most out of any human being.

We all on this earth deserved to die  because we all are inherently evil and sinful. But Jesus was the only innocent person who never did wrong to anyone whose life was taken from him.

I ask you, why did God allow Jesus to suffer?

Because we allowed it to happen just like we allow all the wrongs in this world to happen wether its by our perverted nature or our sicks minds or because we have no courage to fight the wrongs...

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #433 on: September 05, 2010, 09:03:50 PM »

When did you see God grieving  ???

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #434 on: September 05, 2010, 09:04:18 PM »
think of why you dismiss all other gods but the one of your choosing....thats why I dismiss yours...

Yea I know...oh oh oh but my gods different...please...pat hetic beings...
DAWG

ThaRealist

• Getbig IV
  • Team REal LiFe
« Reply #435 on: September 05, 2010, 09:04:59 PM »
what does that have to do with anything? because "hell" was made up the universe caused itself to happen? or because hell was made up, good can exist without evil? hahaha..    do you think about what yoru going to post before you post it??  ;D

Absolutely, I am stating "facts" quoted by christians.....I know there is evil and good in the world, I just can stand christians pushing their bullshit on the world
He is an example Realist:

Jesus didnt have to die on the cross. At any given moment, the jews could have fought for him. Pilate could have let Jesus go because he knew that Jesus was an innocent man. Jesus could have called down fire from heaven. God could have prevented Jesus from dying as well

But God left it up for us to do the right thing...The Jews had a choice to save Jesus. They were given scripture to recognize that Jesus was the Messiah but they turned a blind eye even though mahy of them knew that Jesus was the messiah.

According to the Bible, the Bible says that Jesus suffered the most out of any human being.

We all on this earth deserved to die  because we all are inherently evil and sinful. But Jesus was the only innocent person who never did wrong to anyone whose life was taken from him.

I ask you, why did God allow Jesus to suffer?

Because we allowed it to happen just like we allow all the wrongs in this world to happen wether its by our perverted nature or our sicks minds or because we have no courage to fight the wrongs...

And what if you found out this wasn't true??
You Can't Do It!!!

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #436 on: September 05, 2010, 09:07:48 PM »
think of why you dismiss all other gods but the one of your choosing....thats why I dismiss yours...

Yea I know...oh oh oh but my gods different...please...pat hetic beings...
all religions worshipped the same god, whether they knew it or not

big L dawg

• Getbig V
« Reply #437 on: September 05, 2010, 09:08:41 PM »
all religions worshipped the same god, whether they knew it or not

if you say so it must be true
DAWG

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #438 on: September 05, 2010, 09:09:30 PM »
Absolutely, I am stating "facts" quoted by christians.....I know there is evil and good in the world, I just can stand christians pushing their bullshit on the world

not facts, but fact. singular. you quoted one fact. "hell was made up." and that has no consequence for the subject being discussed. so its a meaningless contirbution. thanks..  :(  ;D

EwaBeachBoy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #439 on: September 05, 2010, 09:10:43 PM »
And what if you found out this wasn't true??

If God isnt real, should we all just kill each other? Show no compassion or love for those who have nothing?

According to  Darwinism, evolution means survival of the fittest and there is no such thing as laws or compassion, it means that there was no wrong when Hitler killed many jews, it means that I could go on the street and kill anyone...that means that retarded people dont deserve to be alive, or people missing limbs dont deserve food and shelter, ect

But you know what? God is real because where there is faith, there is hope, love and compassion.

Look around you...this is no accident

ThaRealist

• Getbig IV
  • Team REal LiFe
« Reply #440 on: September 05, 2010, 09:12:29 PM »
If God isnt real, should we all just kill each other? Show no compassion or love for those who have nothing?

According to  Darwinism, evolution means survival of the fittest and there is no such thing as laws or compassion, it means that there was no wrong when Hitler killed many jews, it means that I could go on the street and kill anyone...that means that retarded people dont deserve to be alive, or people missing limbs dont deserve food and shelter, ect

But you know what? God is real because where there is faith, there is hope, love and compassion.

Look around you...this is no accident

Pray to god when you have a knife to your kneck....By the way Jews don't believe in hell if you didn't know....
You Can't Do It!!!

EwaBeachBoy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #441 on: September 05, 2010, 09:14:44 PM »
When did you see God grieving  ???

The bible tells of many accounts of God grieving:

When he saw the wickedness of men and saw men commit murder and saw the wickedness of men, he was sorry he made them...thats a quote from the Bible

ThaRealist

• Getbig IV
  • Team REal LiFe
« Reply #442 on: September 05, 2010, 09:17:56 PM »

When he saw the wickedness of men and saw men commit murder and saw the wickedness of men, he was sorry he made them...thats a quote from the Bible

Let me ask you what happened before the scripture was written and mankind was around before???
You Can't Do It!!!

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #443 on: September 05, 2010, 09:18:23 PM »

The Bible  ::)

big L dawg

• Getbig V
« Reply #444 on: September 05, 2010, 09:19:07 PM »

Daniel son told pony boy to stay golded on the outsiders....
DAWG

EwaBeachBoy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #445 on: September 05, 2010, 09:19:30 PM »
Pray to god when you have a knife to your kneck....By the way Jews don't believe in hell if you didn't know....

Some Jews did believe in hell. Some Jews believed that when you died, there is no afterlife and youre just gone forever.

In Old Testament times, the Hebrew term "Sheol" (the abode of the dead) contained two compartments separated by an impassable gulf. The righteous awaited resurrection in the "Bosom of Abraham" (Paradise), while the unrighteous awaited resurrection in "Gehenna" (Hebrew) or "Hades" (Greek) a place of torment.

Many Jews today deny the existence of hell and Satan, yet there are many passages of Scripture in the Old Testament to support the literal existence of both hell and Satan.

Job 2:7
So Satan went out from the presence of the LORD and afflicted Job with painful sores from the soles of his feet to the top of his head.

Psalm 109:6
Appoint an evil man or [the Evil One]] to oppose him; let an accuser or [let Satan]] stand at his right hand.

Zechariah 3:1
Then he showed me Joshua ; the high priest standing before the angel of the LORD , and Satan [ accuser ] standing at his right side to accuse him.

Zechariah 3:2
The LORD said to Satan, "The LORD rebuke you, Satan! The LORD, who has chosen Jerusalem, rebuke you! Is not this man a burning stick snatched from the fire?"

The Old Testament does speak of hell and the Devil although many Jewish people and even rabbis would deny the literal existence of either Satan or eternal torment. There are also a number of Christian cults which falsely teach that hell is a place of annihilation. In the New Testament we find 81 references to hell, devils or Satan. It is clear from the following passage from the Book of Daniel that both the righteous and the unrighteous will be raised to experience eternity.

ThaRealist

• Getbig IV
  • Team REal LiFe
« Reply #446 on: September 05, 2010, 09:20:27 PM »
The Bible  ::)

I know this is an endless battle....They are idiots that view a blind eye to stories of a jesus like figure written about in other cultures hundreds of years before jesus lol
You Can't Do It!!!

ThaRealist

• Getbig IV
  • Team REal LiFe
« Reply #447 on: September 05, 2010, 09:21:12 PM »

Some Jews did believe in hell. Some Jews believed that when you died, there is no afterlife and youre just gone forever.

In Old Testament times, the Hebrew term "Sheol" (the abode of the dead) contained two compartments separated by an impassable gulf. The righteous awaited resurrection in the "Bosom of Abraham" (Paradise), while the unrighteous awaited resurrection in "Gehenna" (Hebrew) or "Hades" (Greek) a place of torment.

Many Jews today deny the existence of hell and Satan, yet there are many passages of Scripture in the Old Testament to support the literal existence of both hell and Satan.

Job 2:7
So Satan went out from the presence of the LORD and afflicted Job with painful sores from the soles of his feet to the top of his head.

Psalm 109:6
Appoint an evil man or [the Evil One]] to oppose him; let an accuser or [let Satan]] stand at his right hand.

Zechariah 3:1
Then he showed me Joshua ; the high priest standing before the angel of the LORD , and Satan [ accuser ] standing at his right side to accuse him.

Zechariah 3:2
The LORD said to Satan, "The LORD rebuke you, Satan! The LORD, who has chosen Jerusalem, rebuke you! Is not this man a burning stick snatched from the fire?"

The Old Testament does speak of hell and the Devil although many Jewish people and even rabbis would deny the literal existence of either Satan or eternal torment. There are also a number of Christian cults which falsely teach that hell is a place of annihilation. In the New Testament we find 81 references to hell, devils or Satan. It is clear from the following passage from the Book of Daniel that both the righteous and the unrighteous will be raised to experience eternity.

And the story of a jesus type chacter was written by other cultures hundreds of years before the scripture>....What do you have to say about that...??? written and recorded word....
You Can't Do It!!!

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #448 on: September 05, 2010, 09:25:51 PM »
I know this is an endless battle....They are idiots that view a blind eye to stories of a jesus like figure written about in other cultures hundreds of years before jesus lol
im not a believer in jesus, never saw him, but why would similar stories from other cultures refute jesus? that would only strengthen his story in my eyes. totally different cultures coming to a very similar story ?? how does that happen, if they are related in some way?  

just wondering.. you dont believe the actual person jesus christ ever lived, or you just dont believe that he was "magical" and the son of god?

EwaBeachBoy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #449 on: September 05, 2010, 09:27:24 PM »

False historians want to disprove that other religions had a messianic figure way before Judaism and Christianity. But Jesus fulfilled so many prophesies of the Bible. If the Bible is made up, how can he have fulfilled so many prophesies? What are the chances?

GOD WOULD COME TO EARTH

BE BORN AS A HUMAN MALE

Isaiah 9:6-7 [6] For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. [7] Of the increase of his government and peace there will be no end. He will reign on David's throne and over his kingdom, establishing and upholding it with justice and righteousness from that time on and forever. ...  700 B.C.

Mark 1:1 The beginning of the gospel about Jesus Christ, the Son of God.

John 1:1-3, 14 [1] In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. [2] He was with God in the beginning. [3] Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made.  [14] The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

BORN OF A VIRGIN

Isaiah 7:14 Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign: The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and will call him Immanuel.  700 B.C.

Mattthew 1:20-23 [20] But after he had considered this, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream and said, "Joseph son of David, do not be afraid to take Mary home as your wife, because what is conceived in her is from the Holy Spirit.   [21] She will give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus, because he will save his people from their sins."  [22] All this took place to fulfill what the Lord had said through the prophet: [23] "The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel" --which means, "God with us."

FROM THE HOUSE OF JUDAH

Isaiah 37:31 Once more a remnant of the house of Judah will take root below and bear fruit above.  700 B.C.

Matthew 1:1-2, 16 [1] A record of the genealogy of Jesus Christ the son [descendant] of David, the son of Abraham: [2] Abraham was the father of Isaac, Isaac the father of Jacob, Jacob the father of Judah and his brothers, [16] and [a later] Jacob the father of Joseph, the husband of Mary, of whom was born Jesus, who is called Christ.

FROM THE ROOT AND STUMP OF JESSE

Isaiah 11:10 In that day the Root of Jesse will stand as a banner for the peoples; the nations will rally to him, and his place of rest will be glorious.  700 B.C.

Isaiah 11:1-5 [1] A shoot will come up from the stump of Jesse; from his roots a Branch will bear fruit. [2] The Spirit of the LORD will rest on him-- the Spirit of wisdom and of understanding, the Spirit of counsel and of power, the Spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the LORD-- [3] and he will delight in the fear of the LORD. He will not judge by what he sees with his eyes, or decide by what he hears with his ears; [4] but with righteousness he will judge the needy, with justice he will give decisions for the poor of the earth. He will strike the earth with the rod of his mouth; with the breath of his lips he will slay the wicked. [5] Righteousness will be his belt and faithfulness the sash around his waist.  700 B.C.

Romans 15:12 And again, Isaiah says, "The Root of Jesse will spring up, one who will arise to rule over the nations; the Gentiles will hope in him."

Matthew 1:1-2a, 5-6, 16 [1] A record of the genealogy of Jesus Christ the son of David, the son of Abraham: [2] Abraham was the father of Isaac, ... [5] ... Obed the father of Jesse, [6] and Jesse the father of King David. [16] and Jacob the father of Joseph, the husband of Mary, of whom was born Jesus, who is called Christ.

FROM THE HOUSE OF DAVID

Isaiah 16:5 In love a throne will be established; in faithfulness a man will sit on it--one from the house of David--one who in judging seeks justice and speeds the cause of righteousness.  700 B.C.

Matthew 1:1-2A, 6, 16 [1] A record of the genealogy of Jesus Christ the son of David, the son of Abraham: [2] Abraham was the father of Isaac, ... [6] and Jesse the father of King David. [16] and Jacob the father of Joseph, the husband of Mary, of whom was born Jesus, who is called Christ.

BORN IN BETHLEHEM EPHRATHAH

Micah 5:2 But you, Bethlehem Ephrathah, though you are small among the clans of Judah, out of you will come for me one who will be ruler over Israel, whose origins are from of old, from ancient times.  700 B.C.

Matthew 2:1 After Jesus was born in Bethlehem in Judea, during the time of King Herod, Magi from the east came to Jerusalem

Over the years there have been a number of "Bethlehems" in Israel.  At the time of Jesus' birth, Bethlehem Ephrathah, referred to in Matthew as "Bethlehem in Judea", was a village about five miles south of Jerusalem, and there also was a town named Bethlehem about seven miles northwest of Nazareth.  (Per footnote Matthew 2:1 of the Zondervan NIV Study Bible, 10th Anniversary Edition, (c) 1995)

BE FROM NAZARETH OF GALILEE

Isaiah 9:1-2 [1] Nevertheless, there will be no more gloom for those who were in distress. In the past he humbled the land of Zebulun and the land of Naphtali, but in the future he will honor Galilee of the Gentiles, by the way of the sea, along the Jordan -- [2] The people walking in darkness have seen a great light; on those living in the land of the shadow of death a light has dawned.  700 B.C.

Matthew 2:22-23 [22] But when he heard that Archelaus was reigning in Judea in place of his father Herod, he was afraid to go there. Having been warned in a dream, he withdrew to the district of Galilee, [23] and he went and lived in a town called Nazareth. So was fulfilled what was said through the prophets: "He will be called a Nazarene."