Author Topic: Left-Wing Hate Speech  (Read 92677 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Left-Wing Hate Speech
« Reply #150 on: May 25, 2011, 12:37:06 PM »
Straw is the typical left wing progressive bullshit artist. 

Well now we know why a DB like Schultz has an audience, however small (minded). 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #151 on: May 25, 2011, 12:38:56 PM »
Well now we know why a DB like Schultz has an audience, however small (minded). 

Straw - please tel us why you think Laura I i a POS?   Give specifics. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #152 on: June 21, 2011, 11:30:38 AM »
Liberal tolerance in full display again (calling Governor Christie "Adolf Hitler"). 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #153 on: June 21, 2011, 11:42:11 AM »
who cares, obama gets compared to hitler so did bush and so did clinton.  Actually looking back a little, hitler appears to be an all time favorite jab at opponents lol on both the left and right pretty constantly since WWII.  There also seems to be people on both sides who cry foul.  So rather than be one of the people crying about the other side...

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #154 on: June 21, 2011, 12:00:33 PM »
At least this liberal hypocrite had the decency to apologize.

Reich and Wrong in New Jersey
Published June 17, 2011 | Special Report | Bret Baier

Reich and Wrong

A union boss has apologized for comparing Republican Governor Chris Christie to Adolf Hitler and New Jersey to Nazi Germany.

Chris Shelton of the Communication Workers of America was complaining about a bill backed by Democrats that would increase pension and health benefit costs to public workers. Shelton told the crowd -- quote -- "Welcome to Nazi Germany... It took World War II to get rid of the last Adolf Hitler. It's gonna take World War III to get rid of Adolf Christie."

Others at the rally distanced themselves from the comments. And after local Holocaust survivors complained, Shelton apologized.

http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/special-report/2011/06/17/reich-and-wrong-new-jersey

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #155 on: June 21, 2011, 01:14:30 PM »
BB, are all liberals hypocrites on this issue?  Wouldn't the person actually be a hypocrite if they had complained about others doing it and then did it too?

If I compare bush to hitler, am I a hypocrite?

I don't even get how this is "hate speech" but maybe you can explain how it's automatically hypocrisy first...

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #156 on: June 21, 2011, 01:21:22 PM »
BB, are all liberals hypocrites on this issue?  Wouldn't the person actually be a hypocrite if they had complained about others doing it and then did it too?

If I compare bush to hitler, am I a hypocrite?

I don't even get how this is "hate speech" but maybe you can explain how it's automatically hypocrisy first...

No, all liberals are not hypocrites on this issue.  It's pretty obvious that liberals are always talking about "tolerance."  They condemn "hateful" rhetoric.  They try and blame numerous acts of violence on "right wing" hate speech.  (Just look at the Arizona shooting for example.)  What this thread shows is liberals are anything but tolerant when it comes to opposing viewpoints.  They engage in the same, if not worse, speech directed at people who happen to disagree with them.  And no, I don't mean all liberals.   

You would be a hypocrite if you embraced the typical liberal "tolerance" line, then engaged in hate speech like this guy.  Do you do that?  I have no idea.   

Comparing someone to arguably the worst human being who ever lived because you disagree with them about a public policy issue is hate speech IMO.  But like I said, at least he apologized. 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #157 on: June 21, 2011, 01:55:54 PM »
No, all liberals are not hypocrites on this issue.  It's pretty obvious that liberals are always talking about "tolerance."  They condemn "hateful" rhetoric.  They try and blame numerous acts of violence on "right wing" hate speech.  (Just look at the Arizona shooting for example.)  What this thread shows is liberals are anything but tolerant when it comes to opposing viewpoints.  They engage in the same, if not worse, speech directed at people who happen to disagree with them.  And no, I don't mean all liberals.   

You would be a hypocrite if you embraced the typical liberal "tolerance" line, then engaged in hate speech like this guy.  Do you do that?  I have no idea.   

Comparing someone to arguably the worst human being who ever lived because you disagree with them about a public policy issue is hate speech IMO.  But like I said, at least he apologized. 
According to what you just said, you personally must know of a time when this guy gave a speech on "tolerance" and condemned "hateful" rhetoric.  Since you called him a hypocrite and said not all libs are hipocrites on the issue, could you post the tidbit you have seen or read from him that makes him a hypocrite?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #158 on: June 21, 2011, 02:17:21 PM »
According to what you just said, you personally must know of a time when this guy gave a speech on "tolerance" and condemned "hateful" rhetoric.  Since you called him a hypocrite and said not all libs are hipocrites on the issue, could you post the tidbit you have seen or read from him that makes him a hypocrite?

Nope.  I'm making an assumption about him in particular, which could be right, could be wrong. 

But the broader issue is liberal hypocrisy when it comes to tolerance. 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #159 on: June 21, 2011, 02:53:14 PM »
I'm making an assumption about him in particular, which could be right, could be wrong. 
HAHA... wow... You sound like Samson lol...  Just make shit up and custom fit it to your statements...  Well, at least you admit it which is better than Samson.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #160 on: June 21, 2011, 02:57:00 PM »
HAHA... wow... You sound like Samson lol...  Just make shit up and custom fit it to your statements...  Well, at least you admit it which is better than Samson.

::)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #161 on: June 21, 2011, 03:11:33 PM »

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #162 on: June 21, 2011, 03:19:40 PM »

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #163 on: June 21, 2011, 03:24:34 PM »
Go for 3 eye rolls, you can do it.  You were busted but at least you owned up to it.

Now this I totally understand calling out:  I know Ed Schultz must remember the liberals that showed up in mass comparing Bush to Hitler.  No way he missed that happen, it happened all the time so what he says in this clip is absolute 100% hypocrisy.  That doesn't means it's ok to just make shit up about someone so you can label them a hypocrite.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #164 on: June 21, 2011, 03:26:56 PM »
Go for 3 eye rolls, you can do it.  You were busted but at least you owned up to it.

Now this I totally understand calling out:  I know Ed Schultz must remember the liberals that showed up in mass comparing Bush to Hitler.  No way he missed that happen, it happened all the time so what he says in this clip is absolute 100% hypocrisy.  That doesn't means it's ok to just make shit up about someone so you can label them a hypocrite.

::) ::) ::)

This is comical.  But hey whatever makes you feel good.  lol 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #165 on: June 21, 2011, 03:35:14 PM »
::) ::) ::)

I'm comical.  But hey whatever makes me feel good after I make shit up. I love the eye roll

fixed

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #166 on: June 30, 2011, 06:31:54 PM »
Not exactly hate speech, but more that liberal tolerance on full display. 

Gutfeld: Glenn Beck Harassed by Intolerant Coward
Published June 30, 2011 | Red Eye | Greg Gutfeld

So, on Tuesday, Glenn Beck talked about how he and his family were harassed while catching an outdoor movie in Manhattan's Bryant Park.

Here, Glenn got emotional.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP FROM "GLENN BECK")

GLENN BECK, HOST: But here we are, surrounded when my wife and daughter decided they had to get up and go to the bathroom. Now, this is -- oh, jeez, I don't know, halfway across the park. How do people even know halfway across the park? And that's when a man as they came back and told me with my daughter with tears in her eyes that another man stood up and pointed at them and shouted, "We hate conservatives."

It wasn't too much longer that the people that were sitting behind us accidentally spilled an alcoholic beverage all over our blanket, all over my wife's back. They laughed about it.

I thought to myself, boy, mom and dad must be proud.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

Now, Glenn gets upset, a lot, so you never know how much is theater.

But then Lindsey Piscatell wrote a letter, saying she was seated behind him. Some excerpts -- "...while the crowd was certainly not 'thrilled' that he had shown up, his family was left completely alone, and for the most part, he was too. Conversely, it was his security detail... that seemed to be unnecessarily prickly with the crowd, scolding myself and my friends for acrobatics and other harmless activities..."

Acrobatics? Everyone does that before a movie, right?

She goes on -- "It was my friend that spilled the... wine...and I can assure you that it was a complete accident. A happy one, to be sure, but nonetheless a complete and utter accident. As soon as the wine spilled ...apologies were made and my friends pretty much scrambled to give ... napkins..."

Of course.

So I contacted this Lindsey person, via e-mail to follow up. But she never got back to me.

I wanted to ask her why, in her letter, she doesn't mention her tweet. You know, the one where she wrote "F**king asshole Glenn Beck is sitting next to me... get the f**k out of my city."

And what of the tweet from a friend, suggesting Lindsey spill wine on Beck, "accidentally"?

Yeah, a coincidence.

Now, Lindsey's letter showed up all over (as well as the creepy pics she took of Beck's family), without scrutiny.

But why should there be? It was Beck.

Which gets to my main point.

Bullying is cowardice exploiting opportunity.

Lindsey went after Beck because she knew she could.

She's safe, among a mob. The bully need not a spine to toss the wine.

And that wine wasn't spilled. It was projected.

Finally, Lindsey hides behind the coward's cloak -- tolerance -- claiming she's really accepting, as long as you agree with her.

But, if you really think this is the way "New Yorkers" act -- targeting someone because they're different-- you aren't a New Yorker.

You're a fascist.

Or from Philly.

And if you disagree with me, you're worse than Hitler.

http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/red-eye/transcript/gutfeld-glenn-beck-harassed-intolerant-coward

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #167 on: August 02, 2011, 04:49:59 PM »
Biden: Tea partiers like 'terrorists'
Politico ^ | 8/1/11 | JONATHAN ALLEN & JOHN BRESNAHAN

Vice President Joe Biden joined House Democrats in lashing tea party Republicans Monday, accusing them of having “acted like terrorists” in the fight over raising the nation’s debt limit.

Biden was agreeing with a line of argument made by Rep. Mike Doyle (D-Pa.) at a two-hour, closed-door Democratic Caucus meeting.

“We have negotiated with terrorists,” an angry Doyle said, according to sources in the room. “This small group of terrorists have made it impossible to spend any money.”

Biden, driven by his Democratic allies’ misgivings about the debt-limit deal, responded: “They have acted like terrorists,” according to several sources in the room.

(Excerpt) Read more at politico.com ...

A number of other liberals also called Tea Party members "terrorists."   ::)

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
« Reply #168 on: August 02, 2011, 04:55:37 PM »

A number of other liberals also called Tea Party members "terrorists."   ::)

This is funny, since we can't actually call terrorist, terrorist anymore. I guess expecting the government to be bound by the constitution is no an extremest position. A sad day for America.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #169 on: August 02, 2011, 04:59:40 PM »
This is funny, since we can't actually call terrorist, terrorist anymore. I guess expecting the government to be bound by the constitution is no an extremest position. A sad day for America.

It is.  Even the president has me talking to the TV whenever I try and listen to a little of what he has to say. 

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
« Reply #170 on: August 02, 2011, 05:01:58 PM »
It is.  Even the president has me talking to the TV whenever I try and listen to a little of what he has to say. 

I have never been able to listen to Obama, his whole delivery is so deliberate, dramatic pause after dramatic pause. I would rather listen to some run their finger nails across a chalkboard.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #171 on: August 02, 2011, 05:21:14 PM »
I have never been able to listen to Obama, his whole delivery is so deliberate, dramatic pause after dramatic pause. I would rather listen to some run their finger nails across a chalkboard.

Same here.  I haven't been able to listen to him for about a year.  I lost my mind and listened to a few minutes this morning:  "Blah blah blah raise taxes on the "rich" blah blah blah class warfare blah blah blah spend taxpayer money blah blah blah . . . .

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #172 on: August 24, 2011, 07:01:24 PM »
Tea Party Group Slams Rep. Waters Over 'Straight to Hell' Outburst
Published August 22, 2011
FoxNews.com

A national Tea Party group urged Democrats to adhere to their own calls for civility after Democratic Rep. Maxine Waters told a restless crowd over the weekend that the "Tea Party can go straight to hell."
Mark Meckler and Jenny Beth Martin, who lead the Tea Party Patriots, suggested President Obama should step in to put a check on the overheated rhetoric.

"We've had Democrats calling American citizens 'terrorists' and 'hostage takers,' and now an elected Democratic representative says that we can 'go straight to hell.' The president and all leaders of the Democratic Party, who have called for civility in the past, are neglecting to censure their own. Is civility only required from their opponents?" they asked in a statement. "Perhaps it's time for a new-NEW era of civility. ... The president's silence on these latest violations of civility has been deafening, but not surprising."

Waters was ratcheting up her rhetoric as she and other lawmakers are confronted with the epidemic of joblessness in their home states. The California Democrat last week told a Detroit crowd that she was frustrated with the Obama administration's approach to the economy, urging voters to "unleash" her on the White House.

But at a forum in Inglewood, Calif., on Saturday, Waters directed her ire at the Tea Party.

"I'm not afraid of anybody. This is a tough game. You can't be intimidated. You can't be frightened. And as far as I'm concerned, the Tea Party can go straight to hell," she said.
Video of her remarks was captured by the ABC affiliate in Los Angeles.

Waters and other lawmakers at the event were faced with a series of questions from residents about what the government can do to fuel job creation.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/08/22/rep-waters-tea-party-can-go-straight-to-hell/

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #173 on: August 24, 2011, 07:02:29 PM »
Tea-party terrorists!
Aug 2nd 2011, 21:51 by W.W. | IOWA CITY

THE idea that the tea-party faction in congress is a band of "terrorists" seems to be catching on. Joe Biden is accused of having affirmed a comparison of the tea-party Republicans to terrorists in a meeting. Politico reports:

Biden was agreeing with a line of argument made by Rep. Mike Doyle (D-Pa.) at a two-hour, closed-door Democratic Caucus meeting.“We have negotiated with terrorists,” an angry Doyle said, according to sources in the room. “This small group of terrorists have made it impossible to spend any money.”Biden, driven by his Democratic allies’ misgivings about the debt-limit deal, responded: “They have acted like terrorists.”

Mr Biden has denied using "the terrorism word", though as far as I know Mr Doyle hasn't.

Joe Nocera of the New York Times doesn't exactly say the tea party is a terrorist movement, but he pretty clearly whistles it:

You know what they say: Never negotiate with terrorists. It only encourages them.These last few months, much of the country has watched in horror as the Tea Party Republicans have waged jihad on the American people.

Mr Nocera concludes:

For now, the Tea Party Republicans can put aside their suicide vests. But rest assured: They’ll have them on again soon enough. After all, they’ve gotten so much encouragement.
Ladies and gentlemen, the New Civility! I guess when one's own side wins a standoff, it's brinkmanship. When the other side wins, it's terrorist intimidation. Just one more data point in favour of the proposition that politics makes us stupid. 

Predictably, Jonah Goldberg asks us to put the shoe bomb on the other foot:

magine if this was Dick Cheney calling the Progressive Caucus (or whatever they’re called) a “bunch of terrorists” on the day Giffords returned to the Congress. Would the mainstream media notice or care? Would Meet the Press debate whether this raises “troubling questions” about the White House’s sensitivity? Would Andrea Mitchell find some way to blame Sarah Palin for Dick Cheney’s viciousness? Would Keith Olbermann explode like a mouse subjected to the Ramone’s music in Rock and Roll High School? Something inside me hidden away shouts, “Hell yes they would!”

Though I don't disagree with Mr Goldberg, I find this dialectic incredibly tedious. It is not surprising that the right plays the victim when slandered by the left. American conservatism is fixated on the idea that the country's most numerous and powerful group identity—white, right-leaning, Christian—is under relentless attack by the "cultural elite". These nasty, moronic comparisons of tea-party Republicans to terrorists are high-octane fuel on the right's raging identity-politics bonfire. And that's the thing. Why are liberals so eager to invigorate the right by justifying its grievances? It completely baffles me. I can see how a bunch of frustrated Democrats in a closed-door meeting could get a bit loose with the epithets. But what in tarnation is Joe Nocera doing? Who does he think he's helping by insinuating that tea-party Republicans are the sort of people America has officially committed itself to eliminating without mercy or due process? Does he suppose the readers of the Times, emboldened by his incendiary rhetoric, will rally to defeat this steely-eyed menace to deficit-spending? I don't get it.

For once I find myself in agreement with Michael Gerson of the Washington Post:

Tossing around a word like “terrorist” slips a little more poison into our political discourse. But so does the taking of exaggerated offense–the political equivalent of flailing in dramatic reaction to a basketball foul.

He's right. Sadly, nobody cares.

http://www.economist.com/blogs/democracyinamerica/2011/08/inflammatory-rhetoric

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #174 on: September 01, 2011, 12:33:10 PM »
Andre Carson: Tea party wants blacks 'hanging on a tree'
By JAKE SHERMAN | 8/31/11

A top lawmaker in the Congressional Black Caucus says tea partiers on Capitol Hill would like to see African-Americans hanging from trees and accuses the movement of wishing for a return to the Jim Crow era.

Rep. Andre Carson, a Democrat from Indiana who serves as the CBC’s chief vote counter, said at a CBC event in Miami that some in Congress would “love to see us as second-class citizens” and “some of them in Congress right now of this tea party movement would love to see you and me ... hanging on a tree.”

Carson also said the tea party is stopping change in Congress, likening it to “the effort that we’re seeing of Jim Crow.”

The explosive comments, caught on tape, were uploaded on the Internet Tuesday, and Carson’s office stood by the remarks. Jason Tomcsi, Carson’s spokesman, said the comment was “in response to frustration voiced by many in Miami and in his home district in Indianapolis regarding Congress’s inability to bolster the economy.” Tomcsi, in an email, wrote that “the congressman used strong language because the Tea Party agenda jeopardizes our most vulnerable and leaves them without the ability to improve their economic standing.

“The Tea Party is protecting its millionaire and oil company friends while gutting critical services that they know protect the livelihood of African-Americans, as well as Latinos and other disadvantaged minorities,” Tomcsi wrote. “We are talking about child nutrition, job creation, job training, housing assistance, and Head Start, and that is just the beginning. A child without basic nutrition, secure housing, and quality education has no real chance at a meaningful and productive life.”

Carson is hardly the first lawmaker to use heated rhetoric. Rep. Joe Wilson (R-S.C.) yelled “you lie” as President Barack Obama was addressing Congress. Rep. Randy Neugebauer (R-Texas) yelled “baby killer” at former Rep. Bart Stupak (D-Mich.) as abortion was being discussed during the health care debate.

Carson, who represents Indianapolis, is the second Muslim to ever serve in Congress. He has been in office since 2008 and took the seat that was held by his late grandmother — Democratic Rep. Julia Carson.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0811/62396.html