Author Topic: Stimulus Plan will "Lower American Wages" - Congressional Budget Office  (Read 3677 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: Stimulus Plan will "Lower American Wages" - Congressional Budget Office
« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2011, 10:27:08 AM »
Dude you are too easy.... When CBO says something pro obama.. youre all like "who are they.. they suck any way" when its anti Obama.. you agree with it..

Wrong fool - the CBO scores what is put before them.   the bama Junta put before them a pack of lies on ObamaCare that Ryan sliced and diced and left the Looter in Chief speechless.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2011, 10:29:25 AM »
I don't watch them because virtually every time I've watched one of you videos it's been worthless

if you want to post an article then you should be prepared to discuss it in your own words

If you're incapable of doing so then maybe you should just stick with your delusional rants about secret muslim marxists intent on collapsing the country.    That's really your breaad and butter topic

LMFAO!!!!! 

Ha ha ha ! ! ! !

WTF! 

I post videos of people who called this TO THE MOFO TEE and you say they are wortheless while every single program you supported has failed miserably.   WTF dude? 

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2011, 10:31:17 AM »
In the debate over the nation's rising debt, rhetoric trumps reality. In January 2001, the U.S. budget was balanced for the first time in decades and the Congressional Budget Office was forecasting surpluses totaling $5.6 trillion by 2011. A decade later, the national debt is larger, as a percentage of the economy, than at any time in U.S. history except for the period shortly after World War II.
So what happened?

In classic Washington style, neither party wants to take responsibility. “Washington has a spending problem, not a revenue problem,” House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) said in April.

“Republicans made the contradictory promises that cutting taxes would lead to higher revenues and would force lower spending,” House Minority Leader Steny Hoyer shot back in a speech later the same month. “They did neither.”

The reality falls somewhere in between. In fact, 75 percent of the members currently serving in Congress voted for at least one — and in most cases more than one — of three policies that contributed to fully one-third of the $12.7 trillion swing from projected surpluses to real debt: President George W. Bush's 2001 and 2003 tax cuts, funding for the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq and President Obama's 2009 stimulus bill.

There was never any surplus.  who said this  333386

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2011, 10:31:26 AM »
Wrong fool - the CBO scores what is put before them.   the bama Junta put before them a pack of lies on ObamaCare that Ryan sliced and diced and left the Looter in Chief speechless.

still no answer to any of Ryans meaningless statements

how about this

why should we be worried about a projected decline in GDP in 2014 of 0 to .2% ?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2011, 10:34:46 AM »
LMFAO!!!!! 

Ha ha ha ! ! ! !

WTF! 

I post videos of people who called this TO THE MOFO TEE and you say they are wortheless while every single program you supported has failed miserably.   WTF dude? 

your videos are the only ones I don't watch

I've watched videos you posted, like the one where you said Krugman said there would be death panels and he said nothing of the sort.

That was when I realized that you simply hear whatever you want so you proved to me that it's pointless to watch anything you post

I've told you this before but I keep giving you the beneif of the doubt

If you have somethg to say then say it yourself.  Use your own words

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2011, 10:35:34 AM »
still no answer to any of Ryans meaningless statements

how about this

why should we be worried about a projected decline in GDP in 2014 of 0 to .2% ?

Because we will have the added debt of the Stim Bill on top of the existing load with zero benefit whatsoever.    

Do you even think the national debt is a problem?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2011, 10:37:21 AM »

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #32 on: August 23, 2011, 10:37:47 AM »
Because we will have the added debt of the Stim Bill on top of the existing load with zero benefit whatsoever.    

Do you even think the national debt is a problem?

false statement

refer to all the Repubs who said it created or saved jobs

if you're concerned about the source of our continuning debt and deficit you can refer to this

All this debt comes with continued interets payments

Virtually all of Obama's contribution is related to continuing bush's programs (Bush Tax cuts and Bush wars) or trying to do something to help the crippled economy that was handed off to him by Bush

Those are the facts

I know it's a buzz kill for Obama haters but that's what you're stuck with

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: August 23, 2011, 10:38:33 AM »
Have i EVER defended bush spending? 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #34 on: August 23, 2011, 10:42:08 AM »
Have i EVER defended bush spending?  

beats me

but you do ignore that it happened and that we're continuing to pay for it RIGHT NOW

you ignore that the majority of the Obama deficit is the result of Bush policies which we have to continue paying for and the cratering GDP was the result of the Bush era as well

you IGNORE all of that and somehow pretend that our problems were somehow created by Obama

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: August 23, 2011, 10:46:03 AM »
beats me

but you do ignore that it happened and that we're continuing to pay for it RIGHT NOW

you ignore that the majority of the Obama deficit is the result of Bush policies which we have to continue paying for and the cratering GDP was the result of the Bush era as well

you IGNORE all of that and somehow pretend that our problems were somehow created by Obama

No I dont - I take into account the Dems took over the congress in 2007 and held both chambers for 4 years and never did a damn thing about it but make matters drastically worse, especially since bama took office. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #36 on: August 23, 2011, 10:48:28 AM »
333 - you've posted these many times before

why do you ingore the fact that GDP started cratering under Bush and that is what was handed to Obama

do you think GDP just fell off a cliff the day Obama took office

btw - the Republican plan to do nothing would have made GDP EVEN WORSE which would make those charts look even worse

why do you ignore that reality?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #37 on: August 23, 2011, 10:53:02 AM »
333- why do you continually ignore that the growing deficit is almost entirely due to Bush policies

Even half of Obama's tiny fractional contribution is mostly due to the stimulus which was a response to try to shore up the economy as a result of the Bush policies

why do you ignore the fact that all the debt accumulated under Bush and the continuing interest payments on that debt are make up the vast majority of the deficit under Obama?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: August 23, 2011, 10:54:43 AM »
333- why do you continually ignore that the growing deficit is almost entirely due to Bush policies

Even half of Obama's tiny fractional contribution is mostly due to the stimulus which was a response to try to shore up the economy as a result of the Bush policies

why do you ignore the fact that all the debt accumulated under Bush and the continuing interest payments on that debt are make up the vast majority of the deficit under Obama?

I dont blame the POTUIS alone - again - the Dems ran congress for 4 years.   Tell me what they did or even attempted to do to mitigate the problems? 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #39 on: August 23, 2011, 10:59:42 AM »
I dont blame the POTUIS alone - again - the Dems ran congress for 4 years.   Tell me what they did or even attempted to do to mitigate the problems? 

and could the Dems have repealed the Bush tax cuts
Could they have just walked in and stopped funding all the wars immediately

the answer of course is no

so we keep accumulating the cost of the Bush policies

when Obama came into office was he just so bored that there was nothing to do that he decided to do stimulus plan

No, he needed to do something to try to mitigate the effects of the disaster that was handed to him by Bush

We just learned earlier this month the reduction in GDP was much greater when Obama took office than originally estimated.

Again, you just choose to ignore all this because it doeesn't fit in with your hatred of Obama

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: August 23, 2011, 11:02:42 AM »
and could the Dems have repealed the Bush tax cuts
Could they have just walked in and stopped funding all the wars immediately

the answer of course is no

so we keep accumulating the cost of the Bush policies

when Obama came into office was he just so bored that there was nothing to do that he decided to do stimulus plan

No, he needed to do something to try to mitigate the effects of the disaster that was handed to him by Bush

We just learned earlier this month the reduction in GDP was much greater when Obama took office than originally estimated.

Again, you just choose to ignore all this because it doeesn't fit in with your hatred of Obama

Did they even try to stop the wars?   

Did they even try to cut the crazy spending? 

And the first 2 years of bama admn with dem run congress - they never did shit but pile on and did not even pass a budget! 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #41 on: August 23, 2011, 11:15:47 AM »

Did they even try to stop the wars?   

Did they even try to cut the crazy spending? 

And the first 2 years of bama admn with dem run congress - they never did shit but pile on and did not even pass a budget! 

again - was there any will in the country to stop all the wars immediately

Other than Bernie Sanders and a few other like him, who would have been behind this in the house and Senate. 

Would they have gotten one Replican to get on board?

The Bush tax cuts were going to sunset at the end of 2010

was there enough support in both parties to repeal them early and/or raise taxes

You know full well the answer to all those questions is NO so stop pretending otherwise

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: August 23, 2011, 11:20:39 AM »
again - was there any will in the country to stop all the wars immediately

Other than Bernie Sanders and a few other like him, who would have been behind this in the house and Senate. 

Would they have gotten one Replican to get on board?

The Bush tax cuts were going to sunset at the end of 2010

was there enough support in both parties to repeal them early and/or raise taxes

You know full well the answer to all those questions is NO so stop pretending otherwise

Its called leadership Straw.   

Same thing with the debt ceiling.   the dems could have passed a clean debt celing increase in 2010 and decided to push it off thinking they could make political hay out of it.   

The Senate and house Dems have been a disaster as much if not more than bama himself. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #43 on: August 23, 2011, 11:28:50 AM »

Its called leadership Straw.   

Same thing with the debt ceiling.   the dems could have passed a clean debt celing increase in 2010 and decided to push it off thinking they could make political hay out of it.   

The Senate and house Dems have been a disaster as much if not more than bama himself. 

again - if you believe the Dems could have just stopped the wars and rolled back the Bush tax cuts then you a simply living in your own make believe reality

something I've told you many times before

they didn't have the votes needed in either chamber to get that done and perhaps you've forgotten that Bush was still POTUS

again dude - you live in your own make believe reality and you wonder why you're the only one who can really "see" what is going on

GigantorX

• Getbig V
  • GetBig's A-Team is the Light of Truth!
« Reply #44 on: August 23, 2011, 12:02:29 PM »
In the debate over the nation's rising debt, rhetoric trumps reality. In January 2001, the U.S. budget was balanced for the first time in decades and the Congressional Budget Office was forecasting surpluses totaling $5.6 trillion by 2011. A decade later, the national debt is larger, as a percentage of the economy, than at any time in U.S. history except for the period shortly after World War II.
So what happened?

In classic Washington style, neither party wants to take responsibility. “Washington has a spending problem, not a revenue problem,” House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) said in April.

“Republicans made the contradictory promises that cutting taxes would lead to higher revenues and would force lower spending,” House Minority Leader Steny Hoyer shot back in a speech later the same month. “They did neither.”

The reality falls somewhere in between. In fact, 75 percent of the members currently serving in Congress voted for at least one — and in most cases more than one — of three policies that contributed to fully one-third of the $12.7 trillion swing from projected surpluses to real debt: President George W. Bush's 2001 and 2003 tax cuts, funding for the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq and President Obama's 2009 stimulus bill.

There was never any surplus.  who said this  333386

Note the key word. And believe me, the 1990's were one of the only times this nation came close to balancing its books. But a "Forecasted" surplus isn't at all the same as an actual surplus on the books.