Author Topic: Are bodybuilders overfed????  (Read 16494 times)

sarcasm

• Getbig V
  • The Luke loves Dungeons and Dragons
Are bodybuilders overfed????
« on: June 01, 2006, 07:28:58 PM »
when you read about the amounts of food that some of these guys eat you have to wonder this, i mean most of the time all these guys are doing is lifting weights for an hour is 500 grams of protein really necessary, i think this is the main reason for the bloated stomachs on most of these guys nowadays.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
Re: Are bodybuilders overfed?????????????????????????????????????
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2006, 07:37:37 PM »
Yeah but you curl 145 pounds lol so its safe to say your opinion doesn't mean much. ;D
just push some weight!

gcb

• Getbig IV
  • you suffer, why?
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2006, 07:43:09 PM »
sarcasm eats a whole big mac so he can grow - what a beast

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2006, 07:46:43 PM »
sarcasm eats a whole big mac so he can grow - what a beast

I hear he likes extra cheese on his!
just push some weight!

Praetor Fenix

• Getbig IV
  • Capable of strong empathy and tremendous rage
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2006, 07:51:22 PM »
when you read about the amounts of food that some of these guys eat you have to wonder this, i mean most of the time all these guys are doing is lifting weights for an hour is 500 grams of protein really necessary, i think this is the main reason for the bloated stomachs on most of these guys nowadays.

Keep in mind that anabolic steroids drastically accelerate protein synthesis.
The bloated stomachs are a byproduct of drugs, not food.
BGWell Is Back.Invariably

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2006, 07:56:57 PM »
I found this picture of sarcasm on the net - there is no way he curls 145
lmao oh man thats terrible.
yes i think they are probably overfed. the magazines certainly exaggerrate how much you need to eat.

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2006, 08:09:15 PM »

good post

tehy are definitely eating too much and I believe this causes them to take on vast amounts of IAF (intra-abdominal fat).  They end up dieting long enough to lose the subcutaneous fat but they never get rid of the IAF and each year they accumulate a little more until one year it is just obviously out of control and they have developed giant "GH guts"

body88

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2006, 08:11:14 PM »
I think people just dont want to accept the fact that muscle takes TIME to build. People feel good if they can toss on 15 lbs in a relivley short amount off time. Bottom line is you only need so many cals to build muscle. So yes I think these guys over eat.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2006, 08:12:44 PM »
i saw a piece on fox news today... ppl that eat 1000 calories per day could in theory, by blood comp algorithms, live 50% longer than those of us who eat much more.

I dunno if weighing 120 pounds can really be considered 'living', though.

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2006, 08:15:01 PM »
hmm but you got guys like meso that only eat two meals a day and look pretty good at 150 so.. its possible!
just push some weight!

gcb

• Getbig IV
  • you suffer, why?
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2006, 08:16:06 PM »
On a serious note ...

Yeah it is easier to put on muscle when you are gaining weight and the extra protein makes sure that your body always has the required building blocks, but I too am not sure it is necessary to consume the amount of protein these guys take in. For most of us who aren't competeing and don't want to be as big as some of these guys it is not necessary.

Also the extra protein can be really hard on the kidneys.

BallzDeep69

« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2006, 08:19:54 PM »
I agree alot of the pro's are drastically over-fed. 

Shit, alot of people on these boards are too!

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2006, 01:13:52 AM »
They end up dieting long enough to lose the subcutaneous fat but they never get rid of the IAF and each year they accumulate a little more until one year it is just obviously out of control and they have developed giant "GH guts"
Actually the "IAF" aka visceral fat is the first to be metabolized on a diet. It's the first fat to go.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2006, 01:31:29 AM »

I dunno about it being the main reason, but the current protein obsession is brutal.

Carbs are easier for the body to use as energy. It's all about choosing the right kind of carbs.

I'm sure Milos can tell you more on this. ;D

But eating more than 300 g proteins per day? That's bullshit.

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2006, 02:31:26 AM »
I found this picture of sarcasm on the net - there is no way he curls 145

That's not classy at all, shame on you.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2006, 02:53:30 AM »
I dunno about it being the main reason, but the current protein obsession is brutal.

Carbs are easier for the body to use as energy. It's all about choosing the right kind of carbs.

YIP
Zack

i dunno... with shakes i get 300 or more some days... not really that hard to do

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2006, 02:56:21 AM »
i dunno... with shakes i get 300 or more some days... not really that hard to do

I meant, the need for more than 300 grams of protein? Bullshit!

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2006, 03:07:21 AM »
I meant, the need for more than 300 grams of protein? Bullshit!

YIP
Zack
yeah, i htink you're right... there is also a lot of evidence that bodybuilding causes increased protein utilization, meaning that we might need less than non-bbers because our bodies absorb it more efficiently...  one way or the other 600g, expecially if it's all food, is stupid

BallzDeep69

« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2006, 03:13:45 AM »
Any more than a gram of protein per lb of LMB is a waste of calories that could be in the form of carbs which are more anabolic anyway.  UNLESS you are dieting, then maybe 1.5g of protein per lb of LBM would help you.

Don't be delusional with your protein.  Excessive protein lowers test levels, which hurts your gains and recovery even more than inadequate protein intake!

Samourai Pizzacat

• Getbig IV
  • Meeoow!!
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2006, 03:17:54 AM »
i saw a piece on fox news today... ppl that eat 1000 calories per day could in theory, by blood comp algorithms, live 50% longer than those of us who eat much more.

That's caloric restriction, The problem is the extra time you gain is spent on your meals that have a certain buildup over 2-3 hours. The years you win are at the end of your life, qualitywise the least of them all. Don't bother, eat healthy, and LIVE!

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2006, 03:25:44 AM »

for perspective...

120lbs

is more than

you would weight on stage

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2006, 03:45:02 AM »
for perspective...

120lbs

is more than

you would weight on stage

Too harsh man.

I think he would weigh around 165-175 in ripped condition.

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

TheGoldenPrince

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2006, 04:03:43 AM »
Any more than a gram of protein per lb of LMB is a waste of calories that could be in the form of carbs which are more anabolic anyway.  UNLESS you are dieting, then maybe 1.5g of protein per lb of LBM would help you.

Don't be delusional with your protein.  Excessive protein lowers test levels, which hurts your gains and recovery even more than inadequate protein intake!

Utter garbage; BB is a rich man's sport because you need copious amounts of protein and calories if you want to maintain, and then build upon even, huge amounts of muscle, you need to eat BIG. I don't care if you are natural or not, 400g of high quality, whole food protein is the bare minimum for any top pro worth his salt, and even that is a pitiable amount. I would shoot for close to 600g of protein and 5000 calories a day. Carbs being more more anabolic than protein, the building blocks of the body and muscle? Ok, hahaha! Excessiuve protein lowers test levels?  ::) These jokers all want to hear that you can build a championship-calibre physique on a low (in BB terms) food intake and no money, and if you folks keep on buying into this drivel, bullcrap is what will be the defining trait of your "physiques". Look at Mark Dugdale and how small he is in relation to Ronnie who chows down 4500-6500 cals a day; grab the latest copy of European Flex and check out Mark's appallingly low protein and total cal intakes, even in the offseason (no added bulk there on 325 g of protein daily!) , and sparse post-workout protein intake. Carbs and good fats have their supplementary places but protein must always be the cornerstone (50% at least) of the diet; you need all 3 components with protein being the main course, carbs coming second, then your good fats. Throw the friggin' Glutamine and BCAA supplements outta da window and get yourself some beef steak now, will you? You need to have good meal portion sizes, timing, organisation and good bacteria to digest all this chow too...BB is a tough sport! No wonder fellows like Alexxx can't grow when their daily diets won't suffice to feed me for a few hours , in the morning! As Lee Haney said, "you can't train like a horse, and eat like a bird!" Now, for all who will hed this message, monster gains lie in store.
Team Goodrum!

ether

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2006, 05:14:38 AM »

YIP
Zack

Why ask Milos? Apparently he had Dennis James on 580 g of protein leading up to the contest in his first training video.

All I could think was 600g of protein a day!!!!! Say good bye to your kidney function.

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2006, 05:18:38 AM »
Alot of BB are overfed dick on a regular basis....Like all the guys who lift at Colesium Gym
L