Author Topic: Are bodybuilders overfed????  (Read 16318 times)

BallzDeep69

Re: Are bodybuilders overfed?????????????????????????????????????
« Reply #75 on: June 03, 2006, 03:18:35 AM »
Do you have any idea how much meat you would have to eat to get in 400 grams of whole food protien, without supplementation?

You would have to eat roughly 10-12, 4 oz. chicken breasts a day, EVERYDAY!  Dont forget heating the meat degrades its protien content so to get 400 grams you would probably have to eat even more than that. I didnt even mention carbs and fats yet!! I personally find it hard to believe that any human being could do this consistantly enough to be of any value, not to mention eating that much food just cant be healthy.

Yup, he's just another over-fed, bloated gut delusional bodybuilder...

BallzDeep69

« Reply #76 on: June 03, 2006, 03:22:51 AM »
I think bodybuilders as a group are way too obsessed with nutrition and eating. Quality muscle is built through hard work in the gym, not by stuffing yourself with protein shakes. It's pretty funny to read about all these guys on the boards who eat 6 meals a day, but they can't even bench press 300 lb. Only a tiny fraction of the protein you ingest will ever be incorporated into muscle tissue. The rest is converted into lipids and carbohydrates. The only way you can increase protein synthesis is by training harder or by taking steroids. Everything else is just a scam.

You my friend are a fucking genius!  Well said.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #77 on: June 06, 2006, 02:23:49 AM »
gym owner big nbame in bbuilding back in 50s-early 80s. he sed they all sed he took nothing. he trained with peral and numerous others. he says this and he sells the stuff.

And the name of this guy would be.......

spotter

• Getbig III
  • Off the Hook
« Reply #78 on: June 16, 2006, 07:36:52 PM »
Gary also said that he liked the wind blowing in his hair after a long day of doing Back exercises ... and we know how much truth there is to that !!

lol

Sculpter

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #79 on: June 16, 2006, 08:42:35 PM »
I don't believe that a person needs to take in 500-700 grams of protein a day to build a decent physique.Also don't believe in the eat every 2-3 hrs rule of thumb neither.As a 16 yr old I built a decent body w/just mom's regular 3 squares a day plus snacks.You do need protein & have to eat but it also depends on how many calories per day you are expending also.A person that simply trains while another that trains but is also involved in other sports will need more protein (overall calories actually).I myself like to eat only when I feel hungry, average probably every 4hrs.I feel that as long as you eat your meals but "snack" in between them & make sure protein is a part of all meals you eat you will make gains.By snacks I don't mean a bag of Hostess chips either but let's say a simple chicken sandwich w/maybe a glass of skim milk.Saying this, the pros if true how they eat must keep a plunger next to their toilets always at the ready!

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #80 on: June 17, 2006, 02:33:39 AM »
I don't believe that a person needs to take in 500-700 grams of protein a day to build a decent physique.Also don't believe in the eat every 2-3 hrs rule of thumb neither.As a 16 yr old I built a decent body w/just mom's regular 3 squares a day plus snacks.You do need protein & have to eat but it also depends on how many calories per day you are expending also.A person that simply trains while another that trains but is also involved in other sports will need more protein (overall calories actually).I myself like to eat only when I feel hungry, average probably every 4hrs.I feel that as long as you eat your meals but "snack" in between them & make sure protein is a part of all meals you eat you will make gains.By snacks I don't mean a bag of Hostess chips either but let's say a simple chicken sandwich w/maybe a glass of skim milk.Saying this, the pros if true how they eat must keep a plunger next to their toilets always at the ready!

That's as a 16-year old. Keep in mind that you don't start out eating that much; it's a gradual thing. The pros about whom you read that consume that much protein have done so over a space of time. A teenager will likely do well with about 200 grams of protein, unless he's a twig with a flame-thrower metabolism. In such a a case, he may need 300 grams of protein (maybe more) to get bigger.

I've gone as high as 500 grams of protein for a brief period of time. But, that was a gradual progression. I ate 350 grams for several months. When I stalled, I bumped it up to 375 grams and stayed with it, until that stalled, and so on. As for the pros, they don't have "decent" physiques; they have massive ones, which requires FAR more nutrients.

Sculpter

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #81 on: June 17, 2006, 03:36:21 AM »
Nope, remains true, even to this day, at the age of 39.Actually, I eat less than I did back then & will gain.At this age of mine I actually consider myself more of a grazer than anything & will gain.I only make sure that each time I eat I make sure that protein is in the food i'm eating.Where did you consider that a lot of food btw?3 square meals a day w/maybe a sandwich or 2 during the day.Doesn't seem so much to myself as compared to what you see/hear competitive bb'ers eating.

DAISUKE

• Getbig II
« Reply #82 on: June 17, 2006, 03:59:07 AM »

Why ask Milos? Apparently he had Dennis James on 580 g of protein leading up to the contest in his first training video.

All I could think was 600g of protein a day!!!!! Say good bye to your kidney function.

Yes, why ask Milos ?

DAISUKE

• Getbig II
« Reply #83 on: June 17, 2006, 04:01:08 AM »
Shari eats some meals at mc donalds.
Shahriar said he eats all his meals at restaurants.

DAISUKE

• Getbig II
« Reply #84 on: June 17, 2006, 04:10:36 AM »
no no no no NO wrong AGAIN. the food has nothing to do with the bloat and smooth big powerfull look, the lifts doesnt have anything directly to do with it either. indirectly YES directly NO. i will say it once and for all here. this is what makes us bloat and look big yet smooth

1. thai anabol pinks and or NAPOSIM
2. testex elmu or any other pharma test out there
3. norma/organon deca
4. LEGIT GH (optional slin)

REAL PHARMA SPORT DRUGS!!thats what makes us big smooth and BLOAT.

You are quite right. And another result is important troubles
of the endocrine glands.

Hurricane Beef !

• Getbig V
  • Beat Coach, Wes & Chaos So Bad . . .
« Reply #85 on: June 17, 2006, 05:52:14 AM »
i actually got the BI tag over there because i posted what i ate for breakfast which was 10 eggwhites, 2 yolks a cup and a half of oatmeal and fruit and one of Massive g's butt buddies Razorsharp came on and said that was a small meal so i disagreed with him and i got the tag.

Not that it means much to this discussion Sarcasm, but Razorsharp is/was a high placing Mr. Olympia competitor. He went head to head with Dorian.

The Beef

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: June 17, 2006, 06:08:56 AM »
That doesn't neccesary means he knows something about nutrition.

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
  • there can only be one...
« Reply #87 on: June 17, 2006, 06:31:34 AM »
hmm but you got guys like meso that only eat two meals a day and look pretty good at 150 so.. its possible!
i'm 195lbs
choice is an illusion

sarcasm

• Getbig V
  • The Luke loves Dungeons and Dragons
« Reply #88 on: June 17, 2006, 07:16:13 AM »
Not that it means much to this discussion Sarcasm, but Razorsharp is/was a high placing Mr. Olympia competitor. He went head to head with Dorian.

The Beef
of course he is sweetie. ::)
Jaejonna rows 125!!

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: June 17, 2006, 08:15:11 AM »

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
Re: Are bodybuilders overfed????
« Reply #90 on: June 19, 2006, 03:46:15 AM »
Bump for this interesting thread.