Author Topic: Could you beat up a welterweight boxer  (Read 33738 times)

chess315

Re: Could you beat up a welterweight boxer
« Reply #125 on: December 04, 2011, 09:17:01 PM »
  most people dont realise the graices owned the ufc during its first years royces opponents where hand picked to fail. There where many other fighters in the world at that time that where excluded.  Marco ruas was excluded and few russians and some people from pancraes the first ufcs where nothing more then hand fed low level fighters to the gracies. People say what about ken shamrock he was a bodybuilder with very crude submisson wrestling skills at that time. Dan severn is another hand picked loser. Dan severn or shamrock should have never even been there being although the did make a career out of the whole thing.

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #126 on: December 04, 2011, 10:58:27 PM »
Too bad some guys are just going to have to learn the hard way.

Don't ever  under-estimate your opponent ~ it might be your last time.

aesthetics

• Getbig IV
  • ~lil' cutey~
« Reply #127 on: December 04, 2011, 11:04:15 PM »
nearly every city has mma and boxing gyms why dont you guys go to one and try it most of them charge $50 dollars a month some less.

because that just means you are paying $50 a month to be a sparring partner for a sweaty brazillian guy who will be sticking his sweaty smelly ass in your face for an hour while he puts you in various locks

aesthetics

• Getbig IV
  • ~lil' cutey~
« Reply #128 on: December 04, 2011, 11:05:42 PM »
you guys are so right. 

justin beiber could totally take out michael clark duncan if beiber had the speed, technique, and epxerience trainiing in martial arts that a top professional fighter has.

size, strength, and the ability to take a hit mean jack shit.

anyone who thinks size can outweigh technique is so stupid. thanks for enlightening me.

Do not talk shit about the Bieber.

20inch calves

• Getbig V
« Reply #129 on: December 05, 2011, 12:36:13 AM »
NO. even at my strongest i know better. a boxer knows how to turn on his punches..with his technique he would knock my head off. besides you don;t have muscle on your chin...what is it like 8 lbs of pressure to knock someone out?

irongearco.com

Darren Avey

• Getbig V
« Reply #130 on: December 05, 2011, 01:54:57 AM »
NO. even at my strongest i know better. a boxer knows how to turn on his punches..with his technique he would knock my head off. besides you don;t have muscle on your chin...what is it like 8 lbs of pressure to knock someone out?

That just shows you how damn tough Rocky was, Drago hit with something like 2000lbs of pressure and hit Rocky non stop for nearly a full 15 rounds and Rocky just kept getting back up

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #131 on: December 05, 2011, 02:10:29 AM »
Hell yes I could... With one of these.

;D

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #132 on: December 05, 2011, 06:10:33 AM »

Technically yes, but according to Tbombz, if you get knocked out there, you have a weak chin, cause he used to sit in class and punch himself in the sweet spot to scare his teachers  :o :o :o

BILL ANVIL

• Getbig IV
« Reply #133 on: December 05, 2011, 12:17:19 PM »
 most people dont realise the graices owned the ufc during its first years royces opponents where hand picked to fail. There where many other fighters in the world at that time that where excluded.  Marco ruas was excluded and few russians and some people from pancraes the first ufcs where nothing more then hand fed low level fighters to the gracies. People say what about ken shamrock he was a bodybuilder with very crude submisson wrestling skills at that time. Dan severn is another hand picked loser. Dan severn or shamrock should have never even been there being although the did make a career out of the whole thing.

The Gracies avoided Abbott at all costs

BiGHer

• Getbig IV
« Reply #134 on: December 05, 2011, 02:25:03 PM »
Yeah, I think a pro bodybuilder could beat down the lighter weight boxer in a street fight.  Of course, not in every case.  It would honestly come down to if the boxer could get a punch in or not.  If a pro boxer gets a clean bare knuckled shot in your face, 140 or not, you're probably going down.  I used to train for boxing under a world light weight champion, Luis Resto, who unfortunately was made famous for having cheated in a fight.  The guys hands were like bricks! 

If the bodybuilder could grab the guy or maybe even take the fight to the ground, the smaller boxer is going to have a tough time.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #135 on: December 05, 2011, 02:27:13 PM »
Nope, a welterweight boxer would be pummel me.  Too fast, too skilled.  My only chance would be power and the boxer would be too fast.

maxkane69

• Getbig IV
  • PALUMBOISM DESTROYED BODYBUILDING!
« Reply #136 on: December 05, 2011, 02:35:15 PM »
no matter how tough they seem on stage they only weigh 140 lbs. could you hulking beefcakes dispose of them? do you think the average 230lb pro bber could beat them up in a street fight? is technique alone enough to make up for 90+ lbs in muscular bodyweight?

A 230lb bodybuilder would wake up in hospital wondering why he even thought about fighting a boxer!!! ;)

seCrawler

• Getbig IV
« Reply #137 on: December 05, 2011, 02:48:45 PM »
 ::)

If 5'4" manny can beat the snot out of Margarito at 6'0" 170 at the bell or whatever, then what would Mayweather or Sugar Ray Leonard or Thomas Hearns (especially this one) at 147 do to a 230 lb weight lifter/bodybuilder?

howardroark

• Getbig IV
  • Resident Objectivist & Autodidact
« Reply #138 on: December 05, 2011, 02:51:42 PM »
Grappling > Boxing

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #139 on: December 05, 2011, 02:53:13 PM »
Grappling > Boxing

That's contingent on whose the boxer and whose the grappler

howardroark

• Getbig IV
  • Resident Objectivist & Autodidact
« Reply #140 on: December 05, 2011, 02:54:36 PM »
Anyone with a decent takedown game would wreck the shit of even the best boxers, unless the boxer got lucky.

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #141 on: December 05, 2011, 03:29:12 PM »
The Gracies avoided Abbott at all costs

The wild boar would have torn them a new one.

seCrawler

• Getbig IV
« Reply #142 on: December 05, 2011, 03:30:48 PM »
Anyone with a decent takedown game would wreck the shit of even the best boxers, unless the boxer got lucky.

Yep, three guys in a hotel lobby got wrecked by Mike Tyson.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #143 on: December 05, 2011, 03:33:05 PM »
Ok. I've given this issue some more thought, and I want to change my answer from 'not a chance in hell,' to 'yes, and without breaking a sweat.'  

BILL ANVIL

• Getbig IV
« Reply #144 on: December 05, 2011, 03:47:09 PM »
The wild boar would have torn them a new one.

Indeed lol. Wild bore always beats the anaconda.

Would've stomped a mud hole in em

deadz

• Getbig V
  • Liberals..Dumbest People on the Planet! MAGA
« Reply #145 on: December 05, 2011, 04:11:17 PM »
no matter how tough they seem on stage they only weigh 140 lbs. could you hulking beefcakes dispose of them? do you think the average 230lb pro bber could beat them up in a street fight? is technique alone enough to make up for 90+ lbs in muscular bodyweight?
maybe, maybe not
T

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #146 on: December 05, 2011, 05:58:54 PM »
That's contingent on whose the boxer and whose the grappler
Excatley. Just like it depends on who is the boxer and who is the BB.

Big N

• Getbig V
  • Veteran Fella
« Reply #147 on: December 05, 2011, 06:23:55 PM »
Now, who's hot who not
Tell me who rock who sell out in the stores
You tell me who flopped who copped the blue drop
Who jewels got robbed who's mostly Goldie down
To the tube sock, the same ol' pimp
You know ain't nuttin change but my limp
Can't stop till I see my name on a blimp
Guarantee a million posts pullin all the love
You don't believe in our World fella double up
We don't play around it's a bet lay it down
Fella didn't know me ninety-one bet they know me now
I'm the young fella with the Goldie sound
Can't no Ph.D. fellas hold me down, Cooter
Schooled me to the game, now I know my duty
Stay humble stay low blow like Hootie
True pimp fellas spend no dough on the booty
And then ya yell there goes your playa there goes your cutie
#

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #148 on: December 06, 2011, 09:20:05 AM »
It all depends on the bodybuilder and what they're capable of. A guy like Jay cutler would get kfto by a 140-150 pound boxer I would put the bank on it. If it's a bodybuilder who wrestled in highschool has some actual streetfights under his belt and does some functional training he stands a chance. Tbomz your comparisons make no sense.
Exactly.
Trained/some training is one thing.
Trained vs no training is a no brainer, doesnt matter how much bigger someone is.

my original comment was that the big guy would have to mentally handicapped to lose

if you dont understand what i meant by that...    at the very least the guy would have to understand to let adrenaline take control, dodge when a strike is coming, and strike when theres an opening.. no hesitation and holding nothing back...   this is basic shit that even a fucking retard should know and be able to do in a fight.. no training necessary

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #149 on: December 06, 2011, 09:47:35 AM »

my original comment was that the big guy would have to mentally handicapped to lose

if you dont understand what i meant by that...    at the very least the guy would have to understand to let adrenaline take control, dodge when a strike is coming, and strike when theres an opening.. no hesitation and holding nothing back...   this is basic shit that even a fucking retard should know and be able to do in a fight.. no training necessary

Bob Sapp a trained MMA fighter got destroyed by a 170 pound guy.

What the hell are you going on about?