Author Topic: 100 Dead Blacks vs 5000 Dead Blacks - what gets more coverage?  (Read 15032 times)

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
Re: 100 Dead Blacks vs 5000 Dead Blacks - what gets more coverage?
« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2014, 06:56:42 AM »
Not true at all. Black, college educated male in early 30s living in NYC with solidly middle/upper middle class income, absolutely no criminal record. Have been stopped and frisked 11 times since 2009. All in different parts of the city- midtown, Harlem , UES, Billyburg . Yes, if you are white, it is easy to have next to nil contact with cops.

And do you know why?   They are stopped more frequently because blacks and Hispanics commit the overwhelming number of gun crimes in New York  city and are more likely to be in high risk areas where gun crimes have occurred.  

The Crime Enforcement Activity in New York City,” shows that minority-group members also represent 89% of murder victims — and 86% of murder suspects. There are similar numbers for felony assaults — 81% of victims are minorities, as are 88% of the suspects.
But there is a sharp disparity for robberies, with blacks described as suspects in 70% of the cases, while they are victims in 33% of the crimes.

You want to find a rich guy who is engaging in insider trading you don't go to Harlem.

http://www.nyc.gov/html/nypd/downloads/pdf/analysis_and_planning/2012_year_end_enforcement_report.pdf

A

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
A

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2014, 07:04:23 AM »
Not true at all. Black, college educated male in early 30s living in NYC with solidly middle/upper middle class income, absolutely no criminal record. Have been stopped and frisked 11 times since 2009. All in different parts of the city- midtown, Harlem , UES, Billyburg . Yes, if you are white, it is easy to have next to nil contact with cops.

Who you?  11 times?  Come on now. 

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #28 on: August 21, 2014, 07:16:07 AM »
And do you know why?   They are stopped more frequently because blacks and Hispanics commit the overwhelming number of gun crimes in New York  city and are more likely to be in high risk areas where gun crimes have occurred.  

The Crime Enforcement Activity in New York City,” shows that minority-group members also represent 89% of murder victims — and 86% of murder suspects. There are similar numbers for felony assaults — 81% of victims are minorities, as are 88% of the suspects.
But there is a sharp disparity for robberies, with blacks described as suspects in 70% of the cases, while they are victims in 33% of the crimes.

You want to find a rich guy who is engaging in insider trading you don't go to Harlem.

http://www.nyc.gov/html/nypd/downloads/pdf/analysis_and_planning/2012_year_end_enforcement_report.pdf

AG released a report not too long ago that less than  5% of s&Fs result in arrest and conviction. Statistically, your post isn't a justifiable explanation. It's as bad as saying cops should be allowed to go into homes on fishing expeditions in certain neighborhoods. They'd probably have a higher arrest and conviction rate.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: August 21, 2014, 07:17:08 AM »
AG released a report not too long ago that less than  5% of s&Fs result in arrest and conviction. Statistically, your post isn't a justifiable explanation. It's as bad as saying cops should be allowed to go into homes on fishing expeditions in certain neighborhoods. They'd probably have a higher arrest and conviction rate.

On the flip side - not saying one way or the other - the fear of being tossed led a lot of the dealers and thugs to no longer carry. 

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #30 on: August 21, 2014, 07:20:00 AM »
It's a book

https://www.ncjrs.gov/App/publications/abstract.aspx?ID=135589
So, no context, no explanation of methodology, no explanation of the study's conclusions, not even an excerpt of the study's finding verbatim. Worthless reference. Every mention of the study that I found that popped up on google basically parroted the same few sentences with the same agenda. And you've shown that you are willing to buy into any interpretation of a dataset as long as it fits what you already believe.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #31 on: August 21, 2014, 07:20:42 AM »

It's a wide net for sure but it explains why your being stopped.   The intent of stop and frisk isn't just to arrest but to deter. Do I believe stop and frisk is constitutional, I do not.  Do I think your being stopped because of racist cops, nope.  It's a numbers game and your demographic just so happens to be the ones most likely to commit a gun crime.
A

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #32 on: August 21, 2014, 07:22:05 AM »
On the flip side - not saying one way or the other - the fear of being tossed led a lot of the dealers and thugs to no longer carry. 

By that logic, you can make sure no one commits a crime if police can just do mass housesweeps at their discretion. Legally, what is the difference?

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #33 on: August 21, 2014, 07:23:26 AM »
So, no context, no explanation of methodology, no explanation of the study's conclusions, not even an excerpt of the study's finding verbatim. Worthless reference. Every mention of the study that I found that popped up on google basically parroted the same few sentences with the same agenda. And you've shown that you are willing to buy into any interpretation of a dataset as long as it fits what you already believe.

"AG released a report not too long ago that less than  5% of s&Fs result in arrest and conviction"

And you provided a very concise breakdown of this particular report?
A

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #34 on: August 21, 2014, 07:23:59 AM »
It's a wide net for sure but it explains why your being stopped.   The intent of stop and frisk isn't just to arrest but to deter. Do I believe stop and frisk is constitutional, I do not.  Do I think your being stopped because of racist cops, nope.  It's a numbers game and your demographic just so happens to be the ones most likely to commit a gun crime.

Whether or not the cop is racist, the policy is racist, so it makes no substantive difference.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #35 on: August 21, 2014, 07:26:51 AM »
Whether or not the cop is racist, the policy is racist, so it makes no substantive difference.

It would be racist to unnecessarily stop and frisk whites when blacks and Hispanics disproportionately commit crimes in the city of New York by a wide margin.   You go where the crime and perpetrators are.
A

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #36 on: August 21, 2014, 07:27:09 AM »
"AG released a report not too long ago that less than  5% of s&Fs result in arrest and conviction"

And you provided a very concise breakdown of this particular report?

If you want to find those statistics or statistics or if you have info that those stats are wrong, you can easily find it with google. You are referencing a decades old study that is not available in even excerpted form online to try to grasp at some straws from an earlier post.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #37 on: August 21, 2014, 07:28:48 AM »
If you want to find those statistics or statistics or if you have info that those stats are wrong, you can easily find it with google. You are referencing a decades old study that is not available in even excerpted form online to try to grasp at some straws from an earlier post.

Show a little initiative.  I don't know why its so hard for you to acknowledge that blacks commit crimes against whites at a much higher rate than whites against blacks, in all categories.
A

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #38 on: August 21, 2014, 07:28:59 AM »
See this gets me, We "say" were Americans and want to protect the constitution but then we praise the total violation of the 4th Ammendment. And think the ends justify the means. Thats the exact shit that made our forfathers create this nation. Ends Dont Justify the Means. We have a set of laws and rights that cant be violated.

Amazing

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #39 on: August 21, 2014, 07:29:47 AM »
It would be racist to unnecessarily stop and frisk whites when blacks and Hispanics disproportionately commit crimes in the city of New York by a wide margin.   You go where the crime and perpetrators are.

No, that would not be racist. Not by any definition.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: August 21, 2014, 07:30:48 AM »
By that logic, you can make sure no one commits a crime if police can just do mass housesweeps at their discretion. Legally, what is the difference?

I get what you are saying and agree - but the sad truth is that left to their own devices - most people can live and function and not need fear of being arrested or tossed to live like a normal person.

Not true for certain populations in NYC.  

Again - I live here too remember?  

If the animals and barbarians would behave themselves - no need for any of this shit

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #41 on: August 21, 2014, 07:34:11 AM »
Show a little initiative.  I don't know why its so hard for you to acknowledge that blacks commit crimes against whites at a much higher rate than whites against blacks, in all categories.

Initiative? You mean like you? Just making things up? Pulling numbers out of my ass. You posted exact statistics which were a lie. If you want to make the argument that black on white crime rates are higher than white on black, then you might have a case. When you say that black crime rates are greater by exponentials of 10 and whites are so miniscule that they have to be rounded down to zero, that's obvious bullshit.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #42 on: August 21, 2014, 07:35:56 AM »
No, that would not be racist. Not by any definition.

Yes it would be.  By stopping more whites, you are singling out a particular demographic not because they commit the crimes in high numbers but exclusively because of their race.  
A

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #43 on: August 21, 2014, 07:37:23 AM »
Initiative? You mean like you? Just making things up? Pulling numbers out of my ass. You posted exact statistics which were a lie. If you want to make the argument that black on white crime rates are higher than white on black, then you might have a case. When you say that black crime rates are greater by exponentials of 10 and whites are so miniscule that they have to be rounded down to zero, that's obvious bullshit.

Absolutely not.  Relative to their population size, crimes against whites by blacks is exponentially higher. There is no way around it.
A

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #44 on: August 21, 2014, 07:37:45 AM »
I get what you are saying and agree - but the sad truth is that left to their own devices - most people can live and function and not need fear of being arrested or tossed to live like a normal person.

Not true for certain populations in NYC.  

Again - I live here too remember?  

If the animals and barbarians would behave themselves - no need for any of this shit

Yes, I do remember that you live here. I also remember that you belong to one of the populations that this type of stuff has often been said about.

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #45 on: August 21, 2014, 07:38:33 AM »
Yes it would be.  By stopping more whites, you are singling out a particular demographic not because they commit the crimes in high numbers but exclusively because of their race.  
NIce try  ::)

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #46 on: August 21, 2014, 07:39:23 AM »
Absolutely not.  Relative to their population size, crimes against whites by blacks is exponentially higher. There is no way around it.

Arguable and definitely not anywhere near the epidemic levels claimed in your first post in this thread.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #47 on: August 21, 2014, 07:40:09 AM »
NIce try  ::)

What other reason would there be to stop more white people when they aren't the demographic committing the crimes other than their race?  
A

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #48 on: August 21, 2014, 07:41:17 AM »
Arguable and definitely not anywhere near the epidemic levels claimed in your first post in this thread.

Its not arguable at all.  The total numbers matter very little, its the percentage relative to the population size.
A

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #49 on: August 21, 2014, 07:45:53 AM »
Let me start by saying that I believe stop and frisk is unconstitutional and abuse of authority, and is completely unacceptable....

BUT

no way in hell is the law racist. Its a law. If the majority of people being shot were being shot by white guys in blue collar suits, searching them using stop and frisk wouldnt be racist.

Similarly,  if the majority of violent rapes and murders are committed by inner city thugs (whatever race they may be, latino, black, asian, etc), its certainly not racist to focus your attention there.

Thats why these metrics exist... to quantify and help narrow down who is causing what serious crimes. Why waste your time searching people who have an extremely low chance of being a perp when you can be focusing on the group that actually tends to commit the crimes? Itd be asinine to try and claim that its racist unless you search everyone equally, because everyone doesnt commit crimes equally.

Its simple facts and numbers.  Facts cant be racist, numbers and stats cant be racist.

The fckn race card is so goddamn annoying.