Author Topic: ABB Whey Force - Product Test Feedback  (Read 4341 times)

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
  • There's no Kayfabe in the business anymore.
ABB Whey Force - Product Test Feedback
« on: May 14, 2007, 07:45:31 AM »
I received my case of the new ABB Whey Force from Jay this past Saturday. I am drinking my first can as I type this and I can honestly say it taste better then any other can Protine Shake I have tried before. I will keep a daily log as promist to Jay for all the getbiggers to read. And I will also post a total review when I am done.

He also included some sample packets.

One of the VASSIVE-CE which is a no load creatine ester. I will use it today after my work out and post about it tonight.

Two packets of ON 100% WHEY GOLD STANDARD one Strawberry and one Chocolate.  I have used this product before  in both flavors and it taste great and is not expensive. The Strawberry is better with water.

and one ABB EXTEME XXL protein bar. It has over 500 Calories for you guys that are trying to bulk up.  I was hungry about 3:30 this morning so I ate it. It was ok. It taste like anyother bar to me. I did like the flavor though, it was CHOCLATE MARSHMALLOW. 

Once again thank you Jay, and I will keep all of the getbiggers up to date.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
Re: New ABB Whey Force Log : ( Getbig Tester )
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2007, 08:20:44 AM »
CHOCLATE MARSHMALLOW

I just cracked me one off.

Dr. D

• Getbig III
  • Vince and Derek: Match made in GetBig Heaven!
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2007, 08:40:07 AM »

haha!   ;D

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2007, 09:44:41 AM »

LOL Nice

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2007, 09:58:58 AM »

Shhhhhweeeeet!!

That was good.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2007, 10:22:23 AM »
As I told Jay, I will be sharing these with several people.  So far the feedback has been excellent.  I always mix (blender) the chocolate ON powder with about 8oz water, so this is basically the same thing, except this tastes a little more chocolate-y and the texture is "creamier".  It's good. 

What is the retail price point going to be?
:

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2007, 11:30:30 AM »
As I told Jay, I will be sharing these with several people.  So far the feedback has been excellent.  I always mix (blender) the chocolate ON powder with about 8oz water, so this is basically the same thing, except this tastes a little more chocolate-y and the texture is "creamier".  It's good. 

What is the retail price point going to be?

I would like to know that as well

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2007, 07:25:17 AM »
I just drank my second can this morning.  I still think it taste great.
I have noticed that it dose not make me feel full after I drink it, like other protein shakes you would mix your self.  Now is that a good thing or a bad thing, you decide. I also have not noticed any gas so far, like with other shakes.

I did not get to try the creatine yesterday.  I did not get to the gym because I got called in to work.  I will try it today and keep you all posted.

ON1

• Getbig II
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2007, 10:21:06 AM »
I would like to know that as well

$23.88 SRP for a case of 12 or $1.99 SRP per can.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2007, 05:29:49 PM »
I received my package of ABB Whey Force: Chocolate Shake to review.

First of all I am impressed that this shake contains 100% Whey protein.

I wanted to do a comparison with Pure Protein Shake that I normally drink

Flavor -

ABB - Whey Force Shake
The chocolate flavor was great.  It wasn't too sweet.  The nice thing was it didn't have any bad aftertaste.

8/10

Pure Protein Shake -

Mild Chocolate flavor.  It leaves a bad after taste.

6/10

Thickness

ABB - Whey Force Shake
Great thickness.  It was creamy and not too thick.  I didn't need any water afterwards to wash it down.

9/10

Pure Protein Shake -

A little too thick and gritty.  I usually need to drink some water aftwards

6/10

Portability

ABB - Whey Force Shake
Slender can that easily fits in gym bag.

10/10

Pure Protein Shake -

Stubby can that also easily fits in gym bag

10/10

Overall Impression

ABB - Whey Force Shake
This was a great product.  It went down well.  It didn't feel heavy.  I worked out 20 minutes after chugging the can and didn't feel any effects from it in my stomach.  It didn't require any water afterwards and didn't have any sickly sweet flavor to it.

9/10 overall score

Pure Protein Shake -

Good flavor, a little too thick and sweet.  usually makes me thirsty and gives me a bad taste in my mouth afterwards.  It also is easy to digest and light on the stomach to drink before a workout.

6.5/10 Overall score

I was very impressed with the Whey Force Protein Shake.  My only comment would be to have two sizes  a 20 gram and 40 gram can.  The 20 is great when a quick shot of protein is needed but I usually like to ingest a little more protein for my after workout drink.  This was a smooth shake and tasted great without any foul after taste.
ABB Whey force is going to be a staple in my diet for those times during the day that I need to take in some protein on the go.

250Ben250

• Getbig III
  • skinman approved.
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2007, 06:27:30 PM »
(If the mods want to combine all these feedback threads into one, fine by me, but I'll go ahead and post mine here)

PRODUCT:  ABB Whey Force RTD - http://www.americanbodybuilding.com/v1/hiprotein/hp-wheyforce.php

Taste - 8.5/10
These RTD's are great taste wise, similar to the ON chocolate, but a little smoother. My only beef with the taste is I typically like a stronger tasting (without the aftertaste) chocolate shake, so this comes across a tad watery. Still great for chocolate, and little to no aftertaste.

Packaging - 10/10
I find that a lot of RTD's have that metallic aftertaste, but Whey Force has little to none. I'd be curious to know if there's some ingredient change that makes this one that much better in terms of aftertaste than other RTD's. I know some can sit on the shelf for awhile too, so the newness/freshness of the samples may have something to do with this. Convenient size too, smaller/slender can that's easy to carry around.

Ingredients - 10/10
This is advertised as a 100% whey shake consisting of whey isolates and hydrolyzed whey. I gave this a 10 because there's no whey concentrate. Depending on your preference of protein type, as far as whey protein goes, these two types are the best. If your looking for caseinate, etc. of course this doesn't apply. There's 21 grams per can so as far as protein content goes it may be a little on the low side, but the protein source is such high quality, I still feel it deserves a 10.

Digestability - 10/10
I have tried 3 cans so far, one mid day, one pre workout, and one post workout. All 3 times I  had no issues with digestion, the pre-workout was taken today about 10 minutes before the gym, (and 20 minutes after my waxy maize) I would think the protein amount probably helps with this too, as 40 grams or so would probably cause some issues that soon before the gym.

Other Comments -
It might be nice to have a little more protein per serving, but for a quick pre-workout drink these do pretty well. I know the cost of whey isolate is a lot higher than whey concentrate, but if the cost can be kept as low as possible, I'd welcome a 40gram per serving size too.  I also received several single serving samples of protein, the new XXL bar, and a packet of the new Vassive-CE product which I will review as well. Thanks to ABB/Jay for the chance to try everything!

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
Re: ABB Whey Force - Product Test Feedback
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2007, 09:35:23 PM »
Good reviews.  Mine will not be as detailed.  Other than ON, I've never tried a protein powder or RTD I liked.  I don't do the "tutie-fruity" protein drinks.  I've tried to get a stronger chocolate flavor (with the powder) by adding dark chocolate cocoa powder, but it doesn't seem to work  :-\  I notice a slight coconut-y flavor with  these (I like it  ;D).  In addition to the convenient size, I like the fact that it's not a lot of liquid.

Seems very close to the powder in terms of macros (micro differences) and is probably due to modifications needed to make it a stable RTD.  Protein count / price point  is very reasonable/economical IMO.

As far as digestibility goes; I can't honestly evaluate since I have a cast iron stomach and never have an issue in that department with protein ;) (crappy carbs on the other hand... :-X )

I passed the XXL bar on.  Good feedback so far.  He's still working on it  ;D

:

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2007, 07:27:52 AM »

I did not get to try the creatine yesterday.  I did not get to the gym because I got called in to work.  I will try it today and keep you all posted.

I tried the creatine after my workout yesterday, the flavor was blue raspberry.  I have to say it tasted pretty damn good.  The flavor was great.  It may be a little to strong for some but if you add more water it's ok.  Jay if you want to send me a whole case of that stuff, go right a head ;D
 Still drinking the shakes, still no gas :( and the taste is still great.  They are very convenient.  Also when i drink 3 or 4 shakes a day I usually am on the pot a lot.  But not with these .
 In a few days I will post My full review on them.

ON1

• Getbig II
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2007, 07:51:11 AM »
I received my package of ABB Whey Force: Chocolate Shake to review.

First of all I am impressed that this shake contains 100% Whey protein.

I wanted to do a comparison with Pure Protein Shake that I normally drink

Flavor -

ABB - Whey Force Shake
The chocolate flavor was great.  It wasn't too sweet.  The nice thing was it didn't have any bad aftertaste.

8/10

Pure Protein Shake -

Mild Chocolate flavor.  It leaves a bad after taste.

6/10

Thickness

ABB - Whey Force Shake
Great thickness.  It was creamy and not too thick.  I didn't need any water afterwards to wash it down.

9/10

Pure Protein Shake -

A little too thick and gritty.  I usually need to drink some water aftwards

6/10

Portability

ABB - Whey Force Shake
Slender can that easily fits in gym bag.

10/10

Pure Protein Shake -

Stubby can that also easily fits in gym bag

10/10

Overall Impression

ABB - Whey Force Shake
This was a great product.  It went down well.  It didn't feel heavy.  I worked out 20 minutes after chugging the can and didn't feel any effects from it in my stomach.  It didn't require any water afterwards and didn't have any sickly sweet flavor to it.

9/10 overall score

Pure Protein Shake -

Good flavor, a little too thick and sweet.  usually makes me thirsty and gives me a bad taste in my mouth afterwards.  It also is easy to digest and light on the stomach to drink before a workout.

6.5/10 Overall score

I was very impressed with the Whey Force Protein Shake.  My only comment would be to have two sizes  a 20 gram and 40 gram can.  The 20 is great when a quick shot of protein is needed but I usually like to ingest a little more protein for my after workout drink.  This was a smooth shake and tasted great without any foul after taste.
ABB Whey force is going to be a staple in my diet for those times during the day that I need to take in some protein on the go.

Mon - awesome and very detailed review.
I'm assuming you are comparing Whey Force against the Worldwide Pure Protein Shake?
Jay

big_vic

• Competitors II
  • Getbig II
  • two types of people bodybuiders and everyone else
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2007, 06:07:34 PM »
i love the whey force especially the chocolate i was giving samples away at the NY show and ill be up there for atlantic states as well as team universe stop by if you are there ill hook you up with some samples
i am da punisha

Deadpool

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2007, 04:04:45 PM »
Got the hook up

the ABB chocolate marshmallow was AWESOME

gonna get me a case to bring to work...maybe 1/4 of it every hour, hour and a half

the whey force is still sitting in the fridge...maybe after I lift on Monday
X

250Ben250

• Getbig III
  • skinman approved.
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2007, 07:27:54 PM »
Just as a quick update, here is my take on the 3 protein samples that came with my whey force:

Extreme Milk Chocolate: 10/10

I like ON's regular rich chocolate flavor, and have used it on and off for the better part of the past 5 years or so. The new Extreme Milk Chocolate is a huge step ahead. I like this the best out of any chocolate flavored (including the whey force flavoring  :) ) protein I have tried. The best way to describe it is more of an actual chocolate taste, not so much of a cocoa like many others. Tastes awesome with milk and still very good on its own. Chocolate is my protein preference in general, but for comparison, most other brands I would rate around the 8/10 range.

Vanilla: 7/10

Good for a vanilla, as I said above, I'm not a big vanilla fan, but I would buy this (small container) for a change.

Strawberry: 6/10

I was so-so on the strawberry, I think the flavoring is ok, but this is something I probably wouldn't buy. Still a little chemical tasting, but I would think this would do well in a smoothie type of shake, maybe with other fruit and crap, but for me, 2 scoops in some water is usually all I have time for.

All three were easy on the digestive tract which tells me the quality with ON is, and has been, up there consistantly. Good job on these flavors, especially the chocolate. I'd be curious to know the ratio of whey isolate to whey concentrate in the "gold" series, Jay?

ON1

• Getbig II
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2007, 09:24:10 AM »
Just as a quick update, here is my take on the 3 protein samples that came with my whey force:

Extreme Milk Chocolate: 10/10

I like ON's regular rich chocolate flavor, and have used it on and off for the better part of the past 5 years or so. The new Extreme Milk Chocolate is a huge step ahead. I like this the best out of any chocolate flavored (including the whey force flavoring  :) ) protein I have tried. The best way to describe it is more of an actual chocolate taste, not so much of a cocoa like many others. Tastes awesome with milk and still very good on its own. Chocolate is my protein preference in general, but for comparison, most other brands I would rate around the 8/10 range.

Vanilla: 7/10

Good for a vanilla, as I said above, I'm not a big vanilla fan, but I would buy this (small container) for a change.

Strawberry: 6/10

I was so-so on the strawberry, I think the flavoring is ok, but this is something I probably wouldn't buy. Still a little chemical tasting, but I would think this would do well in a smoothie type of shake, maybe with other fruit and crap, but for me, 2 scoops in some water is usually all I have time for.

All three were easy on the digestive tract which tells me the quality with ON is, and has been, up there consistantly. Good job on these flavors, especially the chocolate. I'd be curious to know the ratio of whey isolate to whey concentrate in the "gold" series, Jay?

250Ben250,
Your honest feedback on the Whey Gold Standard is much appreciated.
If you liked the Extreme Milk Chocolate just wait...

In respect to the ratio of WPI to WPC I can't give you the exact numbers but I can tell you that Whey Gold Standard is unique in that we use 4 distinct types of whey in the formula - Ion Exchange Whey Protein Isolate, Cross Flow Microfiltered Whey Protein Isolate, Whey Protein Concentrate, and Hydrolyzed Whey Peptides - and the 2 forms of WPI are the most abundant by weight followed by the WPC and HWP.

Hope that helps,
Jay

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2007, 09:47:23 AM »
Well I have finally finished all of my Whey Force, and this is my final review.

The taste I think it is right on.  It is not to watery tasting if that makes seance, and it don't taste gritty.

I experienced zero gas with this product unlike other protine supplements.

I think I have final found a can protine drink I can stick with.  I love the can thought, because sometimes late at night I really want a shake but my girl friend is sleeping so getting the blender going is a problem. Also it is very convenient when at work or leaving the gym.

I guess the big question is would I buy this product or recommend it to someone els.
The answer is yes.  I think after trying almost everything out there this is the best you just can't go wrong.

Thank You Jay for giving me the opportunity to sample this great product.
When yall hit the nail on the head for a can protein drink.

WhiteHulk4

• Getbig III
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2007, 11:04:32 AM »
Okay, I said I'd give an honest review, and today I had my second can of Whey Force.

Taste: Not bad, but not great.  Definitely tolerable, but next to an RTD of Muscle Milk, it doesn't even compete.  However, I know they're very different products, with different purposes.

Consistency: Very, very thin!  I mean, its just like mixing a scoop of ON's 100% Whey Protein with water...  That's basically what it is right?

As far as "gas" goes, I've got an iron stomach and nothing bothers me, so I can't judge that.

Would I buy more of this stuff?  Probably not.  It's just not for me.  If I'm going to have some Whey protein mixed with water, I have no problem mixing it myself - which is a whole lot cheaper!  If I'm going to drink an RTD, I want it to have some substance to it.  So I guess I prefer and actual MRP/RTD.

I do think it's a fine product, just not something I'm too interested in.  Thanks for letting me participate though!  Don't worry, my Whey Force Shakes aren't going to waste, I'm still drinking one per day till they're gone!

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
  • You can't be a citizen unless you serve
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2007, 03:54:20 PM »
Well I finished my case today, Thanks guys for all the extras thrown in. I have been taking 2 shakes a day, one first thing in the morning and one 30 minutes preworkout.

The taste grew on me, I usually drink Musclemilk RTD so the first couple of shakes were watered down to me. Honestly though the last few started to taste pretty good. They could still have a touch more thickness to them for my liking but I would definately buy them again for the right price.

They didn't fill me up so they were perfect for pre workout, and since I have been on my carb cutting phase, they fit in perfect. I would like to see maybe a bigger bottle with 40+ Pro for post workout.

I really liked the can as opposed to other RTDs. I think the can kept them much colder and the colder they were the better they tasted.

I would be interested to try the vanilla flavor, and overall for a water based RTD I would reccomend them again. Just to make sure I bought several water based drinks at GNC and none tasted as well as these did.

If anyone has any other questions please feel free to PM me.
gotta love life

Deadpool

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2007, 03:25:04 PM »
those ABB XXL chocolate marshmallow bars were soooooo good I will definately get more
X

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2007, 04:56:42 PM »
Well I'm just about done with my case of Chocolate ABB Whey Force's so here goes.

Overall they weren't too bad (I'd say a 7 on a scale of 1-10). They were a little bit watery but that was ok. There was no stomach discomfort &/or bloating. The flavor wasn't too bad. It wasn't overpowering &/or too sweet. As someone else said I liked the metal can because it seemed to keep it colder. I used them as a snack in the middle of the day at work. Would I buy this product - maybe in a pinch.

BTW - thanks for the other free stuff.

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
  • You can't be a citizen unless you serve
« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2007, 05:41:37 AM »
those ABB XXL chocolate marshmallow bars were soooooo good I will definately get more

Yeah the bar was really one of the better I have had, great taste no chalk.
gotta love life

ON1

• Getbig II
« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2007, 08:35:41 AM »
Yeah the bar was really one of the better I have had, great taste no chalk.

Yeah, after much debate we decided to replace the chalk with marshmallow because they were both white.
Seriously - glad you like the XXL Bar.
I can't stop eating em' so I figured I would share some of em' with our testers! :)
Jay