Author Topic: Free weights only (No machines)  (Read 15176 times)

Big Flat Bench

Re: Free weights only (No machines)
« Reply #50 on: October 22, 2016, 11:41:24 AM »
So, are you going to keep deflecting? You sure you want to stick with that strategy?

Now that your credibility is shot, making thread upon thread preaching Ironager training protocol seems like a waste of effort.
Deflecting? Strategy? Lol. I've been very straightforward in my handling of yourself and other like minded gimmicks. Since I have no respect for you I think it's fair to say your opinion is a non factor in my participation on the forum.

Simple Simon

« Reply #51 on: October 22, 2016, 11:42:30 AM »
Deflecting? Strategy? Lol. I've been very straightforward in my handling of yourself and other like minded gimmicks. Since I have no respect for you I think it's fair to say your opinion is a non factor in my participation on the forum.

Nether Animal

• Getbig V
  • Team Mower Forever
« Reply #52 on: October 22, 2016, 11:44:11 AM »

If I'm a gimmick, what is my defining trait as a poster here? Just seeing if you even know anything at all.

Big Flat Bench

« Reply #53 on: October 22, 2016, 11:47:06 AM »
If I'm a gimmick, what is my defining trait as a poster here? Just seeing if you even know anything at all.
Lol...

Big Flat Bench

« Reply #54 on: October 22, 2016, 11:48:13 AM »

Boring, repetetive, same old from you. At least most of your contemporaries are having the good sense of leaving the forum. You should join them.

Simple Simon

« Reply #55 on: October 22, 2016, 11:49:44 AM »
Boring, repetetive, same old from you. At least most of your contemporaries are having the good sense of leaving the forum. You should join them.
and what would do then?
Who do you want on the forum, care to list your favourite posters.

Big Flat Bench

« Reply #56 on: October 22, 2016, 11:53:37 AM »
and what would do then?
Who do you want on the forum, care to list your favourite posters.
What purpose would that serve? To be blunt, I have no interest in continuing any dialogues with yourself or the other long running gimmicks.

Simple Simon

« Reply #57 on: October 22, 2016, 11:58:17 AM »
What purpose would that serve? To be blunt, I have no interest in continuing any dialogues with yourself or the other long running gimmicks.
Im not surprised, you dont want to draw too much attention to yourself, just use another account.

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #58 on: October 22, 2016, 12:03:39 PM »
Oh, we have a tool here that interjects the word "say" in order to sound intelligent. Then comes the obligatory demand for the picture of another male. Lol.

No, using the word "say" is to imply the example was random. I could have just as easily said, "say, the squat and the leg press. There is a correlation there. There is zero correlation between running and driving a car as it pertains to physical activity. You could have just as easily try to make a correlation between running and sitting in an Easy chair.

And, yes, if you are going to give advice and bash others who don't share your beliefs then you should provide an example as to the results you achieved and why we should listen to.

IRL you are just another typical perma bulker, i.e., fatso, that nobody
would want to look like. If you actually looked like a bber your pics would be all over this place. If you did post a recent pic now all credibility would be lost and you would be laughed off this board.

Flattered, though, that you consider the use of the word "say" as sounding intelligent. Such a high bar you set.

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
« Reply #59 on: October 22, 2016, 01:16:15 PM »
Long live the Big Flat Gimmick...... :-X :-\ >:(

99 Bananas

• Getbig IV
« Reply #60 on: October 22, 2016, 02:20:20 PM »
If you can't use every tool in the toolbox you're a fuckin bum. If this were a job you'd be fired you dirtbag.

Big Flat Bench

« Reply #61 on: October 22, 2016, 02:27:01 PM »
No, using the word "say" is to imply the example was random. I could have just as easily said, "say, the squat and the leg press. There is a correlation there. There is zero correlation between running and driving a car as it pertains to physical activity. You could have just as easily try to make a correlation between running and sitting in an Easy chair.

And, yes, if you are going to give advice and bash others who don't share your beliefs then you should provide an example as to the results you achieved and why we should listen to.

IRL you are just another typical perma bulker, i.e., fatso, that nobody
would want to look like. If you actually looked like a bber your pics would be all over this place. If you did post a recent pic now all credibility would be lost and you would be laughed off this board.

Flattered, though, that you consider the use of the word "say" as sounding intelligent. Such a high bar you set.
Thank you for the dissertation on Logic. Unfortunately the more intelligent you try to sound to bolster your last episode of sounding like a jackass, the more of a jackass you sound like. And I took the liberty of viewing some of your pictures. I've seen better skin on an Iguana.  Lol.

Big Flat Bench

« Reply #62 on: October 22, 2016, 02:28:22 PM »
Long live the Big Flat Gimmick...... :-X :-\ >:(
Go smoke another joint you clown.

nerdoldnerdith

• Getbig II
« Reply #63 on: October 22, 2016, 02:38:52 PM »
If you want to limit yourself to barbells and dumbbells because you think they're better, go ahead. Most of us happen to go to gyms with a plethora of machines that, in addition to free weight exercises, we use to train our muscles more exhaustively to build a complete physique. If you do indeed use only free weights, I'm just going to go out on a limb and guess that you have big overdeveloped front delts, glutes, and lower back with shitty lats, rear delts, and hamstrings and mediocre arms.

And yes, Dorian swore by the machine pullover to build his lats. The fact that you think barbell rows or and kind of rows are good lat exercises in the first place shows that you don't really understand the mechanics of weight training that allow weight training to tear down and build your muscles. Which is also why I'm guessing you have shitty lats.

Simple Simon

« Reply #64 on: October 22, 2016, 02:48:28 PM »
If you want to limit yourself to barbells and dumbbells because you think they're better, go ahead. Most of us happen to go to gyms with a plethora of machines that, in addition to free weight exercises, we use to train our muscles more exhaustively to build a complete physique. If you do indeed use only free weights, I'm just going to go out on a limb and guess that you have big overdeveloped front delts, glutes, and lower back with shitty lats, rear delts, and hamstrings and mediocre arms.

And yes, Dorian swore by the machine pullover to build his lats. The fact that you think barbell rows or and kind of rows are good lat exercises in the first place shows that you don't really understand the mechanics of weight training that allow weight training to tear down and build your muscles. Which is also why I'm guessing you have shitty lats.
do you have a photo of you holding an upside down cup?

Nether Animal

• Getbig V
  • Team Mower Forever
« Reply #65 on: October 22, 2016, 02:53:41 PM »
I do lots of cable rows and pulldowns. I can't do deadlifts because I have a (somewhat) bad back that gets aggravated when I do exercising that require me to stand up with heavy weight pulling me downward.

And look wow I posted a pic, guess I pulled this off of the internet somewhere

Simple Simon

« Reply #66 on: October 22, 2016, 02:58:30 PM »
I do lots of cable rows and pulldowns. I can't do deadlifts because I have a (somewhat) bad back that gets aggravated when I do exercising that require me to stand up with heavy weight pulling me downward.

And look wow I posted a pic, guess I pulled this off of the internet somewhere

post a pic of your trousers please, Im dying to see them properly

Nether Animal

• Getbig V
  • Team Mower Forever
« Reply #67 on: October 22, 2016, 03:04:55 PM »
Haha it is bathing suit shorts

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: October 23, 2016, 12:08:17 AM »
Thank you for the dissertation on Logic. Unfortunately the more intelligent you try to sound to bolster your last episode of sounding like a jackass, the more of a jackass you sound like. And I took the liberty of viewing some of your pictures. I've seen better skin on an Iguana.  Lol.

Um, no. Maybe to you but you've demonstrated that you are simply not very bright. Everyone sees you for the moron that you are as well
as a fraud preaching theories that haven't worked for you.

But keep trying.

Ropo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #69 on: October 23, 2016, 12:57:51 AM »
No, because it was a foolish answer.

No, it was quite good answer, but as a moron, you didn't like it. Why I call you moron? Because it is obvious that you are one, because you don't know shit about lifting. Machines are as good as free weights, in some excercises even better because they force you lift ergonomically correct range of motion, and your muscles benefit from that. You can use heavier weights in the machines, for example, 1000 b squat vs 1000 lb leg presses or hack squat. If you use free weights and machines smartly, you benefit more than using just either one.

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: October 23, 2016, 02:42:57 AM »
You can build a complete physique with only barbells and dumbbells.

You can't with machines and cables.

I mainly use free-weights, but some machines and cables are useful in order to isolate certain muscles.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: October 23, 2016, 02:52:05 AM »

I mainly use free-weights, but some machines and cables are useful in order to isolate certain muscles.

Why?

Especially given the fact that most IFBB pros today train more with machines than free weights.

Simple Simon

« Reply #72 on: October 23, 2016, 03:15:08 AM »

amazing, a muscle now knows the difference between a free weight and a machine, please explain how this is the case.

Big Flat Bench

« Reply #73 on: October 23, 2016, 06:24:00 AM »
Um, no. Maybe to you but you've demonstrated that you are simply not very bright. Everyone sees you for the moron that you are as well
as a fraud preaching theories that haven't worked for you.

But keep trying.
The above post suffers from horrible grammar, incoherence and incorrect vocabulary choices. Structurally, the post is a disaster. I recall being taught how to form a paragraph on the 2nd Grade. The author also seems angry at life. Perhaps having a lizard for a father will do that.

Nether Animal

• Getbig V
  • Team Mower Forever
« Reply #74 on: October 23, 2016, 06:26:50 AM »
Please, go away.