Author Topic: Today: IFBB Prague Pro  (Read 14652 times)

Davidtheman100

• Getbig IV
  • Kill it
Re: Today: IFBB Prague Pro
« Reply #75 on: October 04, 2015, 11:22:26 AM »
It is really regressing. I first thought it was just the different looking physiques, but it is much more than that. Something is really going on here.
you ever think that the best era, with the most genetically gifted people already passed all at once? Meaning 90's early 2000's?? You can't expect it to be on par...we are talking about genetic structures here and responses to drugs...not kids from a young age like basketball who are working harder and harder in the gym...there's only so much it can evolve without any new drugs introduced.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #76 on: October 04, 2015, 11:22:59 AM »
Wonder what the weight difference here is? Does seem like a substantial drop.

affeman

• Getbig V
  • Rusty Trombone looks like an abortion in a thong
« Reply #77 on: October 04, 2015, 11:24:44 AM »
you ever think that the best era, with the most genetically gifted people already passed all at once? Meaning 90's early 2000's?? You can't expect it to be on par...we are talking about genetic structures here and responses to drugs...not kids from a young age like basketball who are working harder and harder in the gym...there's only so much it can evolve without any new drugs introduced.

Maybe it's really the drugs. In the 90s there was still human grade Trenbolone widely availiable ("Parabolan") and other stuff. Maybe the stuff today is indeed worse in quality, while this brand new peptide crap etc can all be flushed in the toilet anyways.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #78 on: October 04, 2015, 11:26:30 AM »
I think after after a while the body down regulates receptors that have been flooded for as long as these guys flood them and results aren't the same anymore.

affeman

• Getbig V
  • Rusty Trombone looks like an abortion in a thong
« Reply #79 on: October 04, 2015, 11:27:41 AM »
I think after after a while the body down regulates receptors that have been flooded for as long as these guys flood them and results aren't the same anymore.

What about Dexter? What's his secret?

Alucard

• Getbig IV
« Reply #80 on: October 04, 2015, 11:32:00 AM »
LOL at today's quality, no wonder a grandpa is sweeping everything easy... Unbelievable how Wolf lost his width and regressed so badly, Rhoden should have taken second in front of Big "bag of smashed assholes" Ramy...

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #81 on: October 04, 2015, 11:32:30 AM »

He has managed to not tear anything severely and doesn't seem to have compressed any nerves for one thing. A lot of this atrophy and deterioration is due to small and large tears. Then there is the site injecting which damages muscles over time. Dexter does have heavily site injected calves though and they don't always look good.

Dexter has no secret, does what all the rest do.

Davidtheman100

• Getbig IV
  • Kill it
« Reply #82 on: October 04, 2015, 11:35:08 AM »
Dexter has digressed...just not as much...still digressed though...don't let the placings fool you because he absolutely is not better than he was at other points in his career

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #83 on: October 04, 2015, 05:53:11 PM »
Dexter has digressed...just not as much...still digressed though...don't let the placings fool you because he absolutely is not better than he was at other points in his career
Agreed. He is just now competing against less quality BB.

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #84 on: October 04, 2015, 06:00:41 PM »
Its hard to believe that Ramy shed 11LB by not drinking any water for 48 hours leading up to the Prague show

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #85 on: October 04, 2015, 06:04:16 PM »
I've told you guys right from the get go. Insulin combined with everything else will shut you down. Since insulin came into play it's been all downhill. These guys are sacrificing health for longevity. Dexter seems to be the only one that has this down to a science.

forillagorilla

• Getbig IV
« Reply #86 on: October 04, 2015, 06:14:46 PM »

Digressed???  Why would he digress?

Davidtheman100

• Getbig IV
  • Kill it
« Reply #87 on: October 04, 2015, 06:15:50 PM »

Digressed???  Why would he digress?

regressed

SquidVicious

• Getbig IV
« Reply #88 on: October 04, 2015, 06:30:49 PM »
It's just a numbers game. The talent pool has dried up. When I was younger, there were a lot of guys in the gym who wanted to compete and go pro and everyone trained hard because well we had no iPhones, texts, pics, selfies or other distractions. Now no one trains hard, no one competes and no one dreams of going pro. They just dream of having 100k followers on IG.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: October 04, 2015, 06:32:03 PM »
I've told you guys right from the get go. Insulin combined with everything else will shut you down. Since insulin came into play it's been all downhill. These guys are sacrificing health for longevity. Dexter seems to be the only one that has this down to a science.

Can you clarify?

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #90 on: October 04, 2015, 06:33:22 PM »
He's like a combo of Shawn Ray, Vince Taylor and Kevin Levrone when it comes to his mentality and longevity.

Azure

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #91 on: October 04, 2015, 06:41:15 PM »
It's just a numbers game. The talent pool has dried up. When I was younger, there were a lot of guys in the gym who wanted to compete and go pro and everyone trained hard because well we had no iPhones, texts, pics, selfies or other distractions. Now no one trains hard, no one competes and no one dreams of going pro. They just dream of having 100k followers on IG.

They've got a ton of guys wanting to do MPD at one of the gyms I go to.  EVERYONE is competing and doing a show and it's somewhat amusing. For one thing we've got all these guys with chicken legs who do endless amount of plyometrics and 100 sets of Hammer Chest Machines 

I've connected with some on social media because we've gotten to talking in the gym and On their IG it's all about #operationprocard and #grinding #preplife. It would be funny if it wasn't so sad.  They all believe they are the next big thing and brag about being brand ambassadors.  Same with the Bikini girls. Some have taken first place and I am SHOCKED because I think my legs could be  bigger than some of them.   ??? ??? ???

There is no money in professional Bodybuilding but a lot of these guys are getting more business savvy and creating the supplement lines and the training programs.  You would be surprised what someone who takes selfies all day can make selling meal plans and workouts to their followers so the smart ones are leveraging it into income.

horseskin

• Getbig II
« Reply #92 on: October 04, 2015, 06:44:05 PM »
1999 olympia dexter jackson is my all time favorite physique.

Nether Animal

• Getbig V
  • Team Mower Forever
« Reply #93 on: October 04, 2015, 06:45:28 PM »
Insulin combined with everything else will shut you down. Since insulin came into play it's been all downhill.

Whoa hey, wait. Don't bring Big Down Hill into this...

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #94 on: October 04, 2015, 07:07:04 PM »
1999 olympia dexter jackson is my all time favorite physique.

best shape of his life and he was placed fairly at ninth I believe.  now with less quality he basically ties for the mr. O

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #95 on: October 04, 2015, 07:14:47 PM »

Is this person on the left with the six inch thumb a guy or a girl?  Very pretty features.

Hard to tell ...it looks like he could be a metrosexual, a female bodybuilder off season, a gay Boyfriend of a pro bodybuilder ...or simply a schmoe.

WooSHHH  BE YE KE

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #96 on: October 04, 2015, 07:16:09 PM »
best shape of his life and he was placed fairly at ninth I believe.  now with less quality he basically ties for the mr. O
At 46 years of age too.

Not too shabby.

horseskin

• Getbig II
« Reply #97 on: October 04, 2015, 07:21:56 PM »
His showing that year screams eq tren eq tren i love it

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #98 on: October 04, 2015, 07:25:39 PM »
Can you clarify?

Who's the Iranian dude that died a few months ago?

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #99 on: October 04, 2015, 07:43:19 PM »
Who's the Iranian dude that died a few months ago?
Balto or something like that he was 212 guy.