Author Topic: THE MISTAKE NON CHRISTIANS MAKE  (Read 10327 times)

Bigger Business

• Getbig V
  • FKN Gym Wear
Re: THE MISTAKE NON CHRISTIANS MAKE
« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2006, 09:29:38 PM »
big,

most people assume when they see a 6'2" 295 pound black dude that i've been in jail not much of them will assume that i am a christian so when i do speak and say certain things that are offensive to other people they ask why and i let them know that i do not speak a certain way beacause i am a christian. most people respect that then others don't.   

thats cool man. my thing is when people advertise the fact...im sure you know a few, not the pushy ones trying to press their faith onto non christians but the ones that dont shut about how awesome jesus is etc.

i could care less what people are into to be honest, i just question motives.

when someone has a hobby, like moto X or surfing, they wear the clothes, talk the lingo etc. is christianity a hobby?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2006, 07:40:01 AM »
i've heard it said time and time again that when people try to force anything onto someone else is that they are really trying to convince themselves. my duty as a christian is not to force christ onto you i have to live my life christlike and if you can see it hopefully you will follow suit if not that is your decision.  if i have to sit and force you to listen to what Jesus that means i am livng by example.

Well said.  I completely agree.

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #27 on: November 16, 2006, 08:12:17 AM »
i've heard it said time and time again that when people try to force anything onto someone else is that they are really trying to convince themselves. my duty as a christian is not to force christ onto you i have to live my life christlike and if you can see it hopefully you will follow suit if not that is your decision.  if i have to sit and force you to listen to what Jesus that means i am livng by example.
well said

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #28 on: November 16, 2006, 12:23:24 PM »
Bigger business:

dude u need a hug, it don't seem like you were huged enough as a kid.  there is a lot of anger and resentment in your heart towards christians.

you are an atheist but you have a pic of an upside down cross which is used as a symbol of the existence of the devil who was created by this God you do not believe exist.

I think the upside down cross is meant to mock christianity and religion in general.

Count Grishnackh

• Getbig III
  • The easiest person to deceive is one's own self
« Reply #29 on: November 17, 2006, 11:31:57 PM »
I think the upside down cross is meant to mock christianity and religion in general.
quite possibly, yes !

christians demand, expect and project endlessly, but refuse to ever be held accountable.

Count Grishnackh

• Getbig III
« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2006, 06:45:20 PM »
count

held accountable for what?

"It is/was gods will" and "I have sinned, but I repent" are these peoples golden ticket to do whatever they want. How THEY  interpret gods word in todays age is what matters, not what the written word said (they just didn't understand life in the 21st century back then did they?). They walk in between those doors on Sunday, not to live selflessly and help others, but to ensure their own self-absorbed continuation.

It's not that I hate christianity, it is just a thought process to help the self-absorbed deal with their own mortality. I just do not have the stomach for the self-professed "christians".

I HAVE YET TO COME ACROSS ONE

I do remember reading a story about a life-long Ford worker who made good money his whole life.

Never married or had children, he lived in a 1 room rental, walked to work and gave every penny above what he spent on food and shelter to charity to help others less fortunate.

I DO BELIEVE THIS IS SOMEONE WHO HAD A GRASP ABOUT WHAT CHRISTIANITY STANDS FOR AND MAY ACTUALLY HAVE BEEN A TRUE CHRISTIAN PERSON.

Most are usually deciding what options they want to put on their SUV, how much it will cost to upgrade their bathrooms, should they go plasma or LCD and tell themselves that sex outside of procreation was really just a mis-interpretation of the written word and will contradict scripture with other scripture. So much time to spend on the flaws of his "word".

I think in todays world, "christians" have basically boiled themselves down to that if they don't fuck anyone over with hostile intent, they deserve salvation.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #31 on: November 18, 2006, 07:26:41 PM »
"It is/was gods will" and "I have sinned, but I repent" are these peoples golden ticket to do whatever they want. How THEY  interpret gods word in todays age is what matters, not what the written word said (they just didn't understand life in the 21st century back then did they?). They walk in between those doors on Sunday, not to live selflessly and help others, but to ensure their own self-absorbed continuation.

It's not that I hate christianity, it is just a thought process to help the self-absorbed deal with their own mortality. I just do not have the stomach for the self-professed "christians".

I do remember reading a story about a life-long Ford worker who made good money his whole life.

Never married or had children, he lived in a 1 room rental, walked to work and gave every penny above what he spent on food and shelter to charity to help others less fortunate.

I DO BELIEVE THIS IS SOMEONE WHO HAD A GRASP ABOUT WHAT CHRISTIANITY STANDS FOR AND MAY ACTUALLY HAVE BEEN A TRUE CHRISTIAN PERSON.

Most are usually deciding what options they want to put on their SUV, how much it will cost to upgrade their bathrooms, should they go plasma or LCD and tell themselves that sex outside of procreation was really just a mis-interpretation of the written word and will contradict scripture with other scripture. So much time to spend on the flaws of his "word".

I think in todays world, "christians" have basically boiled themselves down to that if they don't f**k anyone over with hostile intent, they deserve salvation.

Fact is christains believe that so long as they accept Jesus as their savior they can sin endlessly and they will still go to heaven.

So, in other words christains have zero accountability for their actions and some are fond of condeming others for not being a christiain and most truely believe that the other 5 billion on earth will go to hell becuase it's impossible to live without sinning and only a sinless man can go to heaven unless he has accepted christ's sacrafice.

Count Grishnackh

• Getbig III
« Reply #32 on: November 18, 2006, 07:36:03 PM »
Fact is christains believe that so long as they accept Jesus as their savior they can sin endlessly and they will still go to heaven. So, in other words christains have zero accountability for their actions

Yes, 99.9% of self-proclaimed "christians" are quite pathetic.

I say self-proclaimed, because NO ONE ELSE would label these self-absorbed excuses a christian. It is their own self-defined moniker.

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #33 on: November 18, 2006, 08:17:26 PM »
I'm Bastian.  That's my religion.

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: November 19, 2006, 07:24:18 PM »
tell themselves that sex outside of procreation was really just a mis-interpretation of the written word and will contradict scripture with other scripture.

Do you have a scripture reference for this? ???
R

Count Grishnackh

• Getbig III
« Reply #35 on: November 19, 2006, 09:03:38 PM »
Do you have a scripture reference for this? ???

There's a ton, but again, it depends on who is interpreting it. Can we at least agree that unless you are doing it missionary with your husband, you are being sodomized?

mightymouse72

• Getbig III
« Reply #36 on: November 19, 2006, 10:15:25 PM »

I think in todays world, "christians" have basically boiled themselves down to that if they don't f**k anyone over with hostile intent, they deserve salvation.

trying to be nice here.
you are complete clueless.  ozmo too.
you sit back and label every christian the same way because of what you see on the news about what some christian has done. you claim you know the bible and interpret this way and that way. that's a joke. if you actually took the time and studied it you would know how God deals with sin in saved and unsaved people. 
there is a big difference between christians and those who are saved.  i think there is like 85% of americans who say they are christians.  don't quote me on that.  are all of them saved??  no.  i am saved.  i have professed Jesus Christ as my saviour, accept the fact that he died on the cross for my sins and rose again from the grave.  will i go to heaven when i die?  yes.  i know that for a fact because the bible, God's own words, told me so.  will people go to heaven just for saying they're christian? no.  you're story of the ford worker who done all those good deeds will not see the kingdom of heaven just for doing "good deeds". 
is it right for someone like that to go to hell?? of course not. 
is it right for someone who is saved and commits a horrible act to go to heaven? in your mind, no.  they claim jeffery dahmer became saved when he was in prison.  if that's true then he will be in heaven.  we are not supposed to understand all God does.  we cannot know the answer to everything. 
i do believe God will give judgement to those he allows in heaven.  jeffery dahmer faced punishment from God some way.  we all will one day.  you, me and ozmo.  we will pay for the sins we have commited.  but for me i know i will hear God say, "well done my good a faithful servant."
W

Count Grishnackh

• Getbig III
« Reply #37 on: November 20, 2006, 12:30:35 AM »
trying to be nice here.
you sit back and label every christian the same way because of what you see on the news about what some christian has done. you claim you know the bible and interpret this way and that way. that's a joke. if you actually took the time and studied it you would know how God deals with sin in saved and unsaved people. 
there is a big difference between christians and those who are saved.  i think there is like 85% of americans who say they are christians.  don't quote me on that.  are all of them saved??  no.  i am saved.  i have professed Jesus Christ as my saviour, accept the fact that he died on the cross for my sins and rose again from the grave.  will i go to heaven when i die?  yes.  i know that for a fact because the bible, God's own words, told me so.  will people go to heaven just for saying they're christian? no.  you're story of the ford worker who done all those good deeds will not see the kingdom of heaven just for doing "good deeds". 
is it right for someone who is saved and commits a horrible act to go to heaven? in your mind, no.  they claim jeffery dahmer became saved when he was in prison.  if that's true then he will be in heaven.  we are not supposed to understand all God does.  we cannot know the answer to everything. 
i do believe God will give judgement to those he allows in heaven.  jeffery dahmer faced punishment from God some way.  we all will one day.  you, me and ozmo.  we will pay for the sins we have commited.  but for me i know i will hear God say, "well done my good a faithful servant."

::)

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #38 on: November 20, 2006, 01:16:56 PM »
trying to be nice here.

Amen. ;D

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #39 on: November 21, 2006, 12:12:35 AM »
is to look at christians as a bar instead of IMPERFECT humans that are dealing and struggling with the same issues and problems as them.  We just deal with our problems with a smile finding comfort in knowing that we serve a God that loves us and and cares for us. 

Being a Christian does not guarantee we wouldn't see hardships, face sickness, lose loved ones but it gurantee us JOY that nothing or no one of this world can provide.

hahahaa, the problem is that 'christianity' is basically about saying how IMPERFECT humans are. Yet, christians tend to believe that they are better than others because they found the ultimate truth that they are imperfect sinners and will go to hell if they don't kiss ass on a daily basis.
Your god and the view that your god 'loves YOU and cares for YOU' is the problem.

Christianity = kiss ass or go to hell

;D ;D

oh and, before someone comes along crying. I'm mocking the church here and its view of what christians are and should be.
I know that there are a lot of christians who think different, but it ALWAYS comes down to one thing, and no true christian can deny that: You think that people that don't believe in your god are inferior to you.

mightymouse72

• Getbig III
« Reply #40 on: November 21, 2006, 05:08:12 AM »

I know that there are a lot of christians who think different, but it ALWAYS comes down to one thing, and no true christian can deny that: You think that people that don't believe in your god are inferior to you.

wrong, sorry but you are.

i don't understand where everyone has gotten that view of christians.    ???
if you've had to personally deal with someone in your life who said they were christian and showed you in some way they were very hypocritical or made you feel inferior, then have that opinion about that one individual.  not the entire christian community. 

W

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: November 21, 2006, 05:16:39 AM »

if you've had to personally deal with someone in your life who said they were christian and showed you in some way they were very hypocritical or made you feel inferior, then have that opinion about that one individual.  not the entire christian community. 

hahaha, let's say i HAVEN'T met ANY christian up to this date who was different.

So the statistical chances are high that i am right.

Let me ask you: Do you think that someone who doesn't believe in god has done something wrong in his life and maybe needs a certain knowledge or situation to learn that christianity would be the right choice?

If you've ever thought this way, you felt that this person was inferior to you, who already has the 'blessing' of christianity.

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: November 21, 2006, 06:15:20 AM »
There's a ton, but again, it depends on who is interpreting it. Can we at least agree that unless you are doing it missionary with your husband, you are being sodomized?

I've never seen a scripture that says sex outside of procreation (w/your spouse) is wrong.

And no, there is nothing about "unless you are doing it missionary ....you are being sodomized."

Did you hear that is in the bible?   Because it's not in the bible.

R

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: November 21, 2006, 06:20:00 AM »

I think that people that are truly saved realize they DON'T DESERVE salvation.  Because people that are truly saved have realized their need for a savior, and that they can't EARN salvation, they realize that they don't deserve it.
R

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: November 21, 2006, 06:22:59 AM »
Fact is christains believe that so long as they accept Jesus as their savior they can sin endlessly and they will still go to heaven.

So, in other words christains have zero accountability for their actions and some are fond of condeming others for not being a christiain and most truely believe that the other 5 billion on earth will go to hell becuase it's impossible to live without sinning and only a sinless man can go to heaven unless he has accepted christ's sacrafice.

sin results in some kind of discipline here on earth(for the believer).  It may take awhile to come but it will come.  So there is not "zero accountability."

I don't condemn people for not being christians.
R

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: November 21, 2006, 06:33:10 AM »

agree

Let me ask you: Do you think that someone who doesn't believe in god has done something wrong in his life and maybe needs a certain knowledge or situation to learn that christianity would be the right choice?

If you've ever thought this way, you felt that this person was inferior to you, who already has the 'blessing' of christianity.

(everyone has done something wrong in his or her life)

I don't feel superior to anyone.   I know I "need a savior."

R

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #46 on: November 21, 2006, 07:03:38 AM »
I agree with Stella across the board.  Good answers.

GET_BIGGER

• Getbig IV
  • Peace and good genes be to you
« Reply #47 on: November 21, 2006, 12:41:39 PM »
I think that people that are truly saved realize they DON'T DESERVE salvation.  Because people that are truly saved have realized their need for a savior, and that they can't EARN salvation, they realize that they don't deserve it.

Well said.

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: November 21, 2006, 01:01:43 PM »
the christian way of discussion kills this thread off.

mightymouse72

• Getbig III
« Reply #49 on: November 21, 2006, 06:34:24 PM »

man that was good. 
 it's by God's grace and love for us that he saved us through Jesus. 
W