Author Topic: How was your 2014?  (Read 14325 times)

Automation

• Getbig IV
Re: How was your 2014?
« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2014, 03:41:39 AM »
I adore my Black Bay. I know Tudor has a slight stigma in your neck of the woods, but it really isn't the case here. I am looking into the new Pelagos.

I still wouldn't be able to touch a Rolex w/out liquidating my collection, not worth it to me yet.

If you would have to liquidate your collection to get a rolex, you have a collection of shit watches.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2014, 03:41:46 AM »
What are you thinking of getting?

I too, feel way overdue a new addition, thinking of sports Rolex, GMT II half gold or Daytona...small chance I might get the green Sub.
How about a Piaget or Patek Phillippe?

thegamechanger

• Getbig V
  • King of Cybex Glute Machine
« Reply #27 on: December 08, 2014, 03:46:25 AM »
shitty year so far, didnt buy the 10 rolex, 22 breitling and 33 patek i planned to. luckily there's still time, 3 weeks left and my arms are long enough to fit 5-10 watches on each and if i run outta space ill start wearing them around my ankles.

Papper

• Getbig V
  • Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.
« Reply #28 on: December 08, 2014, 03:58:55 AM »
Career wise it's great but other than that it was rather shitty "for the most part" (as Ronnie would say)

visualizeperfection

• Getbig V
  • Getbig sponsored athlete.
« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2014, 04:00:03 AM »
If you would have to liquidate your collection to get a rolex, you have a collection of shit watches.

A Tudor and a Panerai are the only two high dollar watches currently in my possession. About 7 to 8 g's worth of watches.

visualizeperfection

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2014, 04:01:13 AM »

Patek is a great watch, you do realize just how pricey they are?

Skorp1o

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: December 08, 2014, 04:01:28 AM »

I am aspiring towards a Patek, not that I couldn't buy one now if I really really wanted one, but a watch has relativity. I can't justify pouring 25k on a steel Nautilus whilst I have a mortgage and my investment portfolio was topped up by less than half of that this year so far. Patek's start from 14k with the Aquanaut, which I also like a lot. It is the ultimate "fuck off" watch. May be a treat to myself when I hit the big 40 (I'm 36 now).

My favourite is the rose gold nautilus with leather bracelet.

S

visualizeperfection

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: December 08, 2014, 04:08:36 AM »
I am aspiring towards a Patek, not that I couldn't buy one now if I really really wanted one, but a watch has relativity. I can't justify pouring 25k on a steel Nautilus whilst I have a mortgage and my investment portfolio was topped up by less than half of that this year so far. Patek's start from 14k with the Aquanaut, which I also like a lot. It is the ultimate "fuck off" watch. May be a treat to myself when I hit the big 40 (I'm 36 now).

Are AP's growing on you yet?

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #33 on: December 08, 2014, 04:12:50 AM »
No, if you're trying to get into a big snobby company then this might become a barrier, but smaller companies in the same field will be easier to get into, once you're foot is in the zone, you can move to bigger and more recognizable companies where past experience will carry you providing you're good at selling yourself. Some people don't bother in the end as working in smaller companies can sometimes be more lucrative. I worked my way to the biggest Banks there is here in London and in the end settled for a newly founded small boutique investment Bank.

I think this is true.

I was in the doctor's office last week and he asked me what the key to success in my field was.

I told him it was primarily presentation and showmanship coupled with a small base of knowledge.

If you can't sell yourself and refuse to work hard you won't progress.

Skorp1o

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: December 08, 2014, 04:16:24 AM »
Are AP's growing on you yet?

Nothing beyond a Royal Oak. The Off Shore versions are too bold and brash for my taste and appeal to the same market as Hublot's.

Problem with AP's is the servicing, it starts from £1k, with a polish and a couple of replacements you're looking at £2k, this bill every 3 years or so is bit OTT.

IMO there are watches for the men who want to treat themselves to a nice watch as a symbol of success and "I got here", then there's watches for men who simply don't know what to do with their money as they have too much of it. AP leans towards that.
S

visualizeperfection

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: December 08, 2014, 04:19:23 AM »
Nothing beyond a Royal Oak. The Off Shore versions are too bold and brash for my taste and appeal to the same market as Hublot's.

Problem with AP's is the servicing, it starts from £1k, with a polish and a couple of replacements you're looking at £2k, this bill every 3 years or so is bit OTT.

IMO there are watches for the men who want to treat themselves to a nice watch as a symbol of success and "I got here", then there's watches for men who simply don't know what to do with their money as they have too much of it. AP leans towards that.

I agree 100%.

The Royal Oak diver is the only one that catches my eye, the rest is very gimmicky and "I'm rich, what should I buy".

Skorp1o

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: December 08, 2014, 04:23:41 AM »
shitty year so far, didnt buy the 10 rolex, 22 breitling and 33 patek i planned to. luckily there's still time, 3 weeks left and my arms are long enough to fit 5-10 watches on each and if i run outta space ill start wearing them around my ankles.

No need, just get a Greubel Forsey for $600k

S

thegamechanger

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: December 08, 2014, 04:33:11 AM »
i hope you guys find some nice handbag to go with those watches.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #38 on: December 08, 2014, 04:33:28 AM »

I know an older guy with the rose gold nautilus.  Very aesthetic looking in real life. He plans to pass it on to his son, who is also in his 30s.

And it is understandable about what you say.

visualizeperfection

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: December 08, 2014, 04:34:23 AM »
i hope you guys find some nice handbag to go with those watches.

Not necessary, as I use your mother to store most of my personal belongings.

thegamechanger

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: December 08, 2014, 04:38:28 AM »
nothing like a bunch of closet fags discussing fancy watches, the only socially acceptable bling for men pretending to be heterosexual.

Skorp1o

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: December 08, 2014, 04:45:09 AM »
nothing like a bunch of closet fags discussing fancy watches, the only socially acceptable bling for men pretending to be heterosexual.

A watch does not qualify as bling, as we mainly discuss stainless steel watches, sometimes gold, the "bling" term stems from items encompassing some form of gemstones (typically diamonds) which causes it to shine hence the slang term "bling".

Please refrain from making uneducated comments on this thread.
S

thegamechanger

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: December 08, 2014, 04:53:51 AM »
A watch does not qualify as bling, as we mainly discuss stainless steel watches, sometimes gold, the "bling" term stems from items encompassing some form of gemstones (typically diamonds) which causes it to shine hence the slang term "bling".

Please refrain from making uneducated comments on this thread.

youre right, i forgot the breitling "you never were in a war but lets try to sell this stupid shitty watch to people that still are mentally 12 years old and wanna be a pilot" cant have a whole lot gemstones, it would be unrealistic  :D

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #43 on: December 08, 2014, 04:55:00 AM »
Nice work DP  8)

Any pics from the contest? can't pass a photo of a thonged getbiger.

Not waiting for childish Getbig comments, so PM send :)

thegamechanger

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: December 08, 2014, 04:55:36 AM »
metrosexual footballer david beckham

then closet homosexual john travolta

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #45 on: December 08, 2014, 05:02:12 AM »
So you are the 3rd placer of this bunch

And where were you A'baldo, bragging in da club with red pustules under your polo?

juicemachine

« Reply #46 on: December 08, 2014, 05:03:06 AM »
And where were you A'baldo, bragging in da club with red pustules under your polo?
It's no wonder you never posted your pictures, only talking like a big shot. Now that you are exposed I suggest you lower your tone, shitbag.

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: December 08, 2014, 05:04:33 AM »
I got a plastic trophy ;D

congrats DP! Nice work

thegamechanger

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: December 08, 2014, 05:04:45 AM »
all guys in that picture are in better shape than me

juicemachine

« Reply #49 on: December 08, 2014, 05:05:21 AM »
congrats DP! Nice work
The picture of the trophy however looks better than the picture of himself. Bahahahahah