Author Topic: How was your 2014?  (Read 14383 times)

Skorp1o

• Getbig V
How was your 2014?
« on: December 08, 2014, 02:12:39 AM »
Three weeks remaining. How did 2014 pan out for you?

It hasn't been an easy year for me, although I can't complain. Didn't go on as many holidays as I wanted the second half of the year, cut down on my dates and womanising shannanigans and worked a bit too much with less leisure for my liking this year. Hoping to catch up on this within Q1 of 2015. Other than that I am healthy and happy, no complaints.

Physique wise not too bad from June upwards managed to get big lean at last, the first half I was looking smaller than my normal self. Equity investments not doing bad either, my VISA shares which is my majority holding jumped 23% in the last 3 months which saved the day, as it was sluggish for the whole year, my Amazon down 5%, Microsoft up 26%...etc all in all only one in the red and the rest are double digits up. Patience and being methodical in this game pays off in the end.

I give my 2014 a 7/10. In the past I rated some years as 8 or even 8.5/10 mainly due to pussy and more holidays squeezed in.
S

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
Re: How was your 2014?
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2014, 02:21:10 AM »

visualizeperfection

• Getbig V
  • Getbig sponsored athlete.
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2014, 02:34:05 AM »
Very bland year for me. Not a lot of partying, whoring... got very out of shape as well.

It will pick up for me in the next couple months, contemplating a new change of scenery.

2015 goals : Back to being my self-professed arrogant, egotistical, pretentious old self.

back to being under 12% bf.
back on the sauce.
back to slaying top notch box.
back to enjoying a good  scotch.
back to enjoying good cigars.
back to NOT being content with 80-100k a year.
another watch purchase.

This last 6-9 months have been a real non-depressing journey into a "conventional" lifestyle. I haven't been down, sad, unmotivated etc... just relaxing. Coming to a halt very soon. I am itching.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2014, 02:34:27 AM »
Just like "my" 2013...........SHITTY! 

Kim Jong Bob

• Getbig V
  • KIM JONG IL ORIGINAL BEATIFULL MAN WITH GLASSES
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2014, 02:39:41 AM »
Just like "my" 2013...........SHITTY! 
this

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2014, 02:41:27 AM »
Can't complain but could be a lot better.

Early in the year made a change of career back based on a job bigged to me by someone I considered a good friend, I was self employed for 8 years beforehand and hastily sold off plant equipment and tools before realising the job was a load of shit and nothing like I was told so am looking to have to spend the first half of 2015 starting back up again.

Never got a chance to take the kids away on a holiday or even a few decent days out so feel bad about that.

On the plus side bought a new home which needs work (exactly what I wanted) and can extend and create a spacious comfotable home for my family and am looking forward to getting started.

Most importantly my Kids are happy and healthy which is all that matters at the end of the day

visualizeperfection

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2014, 02:46:03 AM »
Can't complain but could be a lot better.

Early in the year made a change of career back based on a job bigged to me by someone I considered a good friend, I was self employed for 8 years beforehand and hastily sold off plant equipment and tools before realising the job was a load of shit and nothing like I was told so am looking to have to spend the first half of 2015 starting back up again.

Never got a chance to take the kids away on a holiday or even a few decent days out so feel bad about that.

On the plus side bought a new home which needs work (exactly what I wanted) and can extend and create a spacious comfotable home for my family and am looking forward to getting started.

Most importantly my Kids are happy and healthy which is all that matters at the end of the day

Hey dude you rolled the fucking dice. A lot of people are too afraid, all the respect in the world.

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2014, 02:50:30 AM »
Training, diet and physique-wise?  The best year for me since 1997-1998.  Everything else about it sucked COCK.

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2014, 02:52:47 AM »
Hey dude you rolled the fucking dice. A lot of people are too afraid, all the respect in the world.

Thanks mate, you are right and because of now experiencing the alternative the fire is lit again to make it work better than before

Skorp1o

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2014, 02:52:55 AM »
Very bland year for me. Not a lot of partying, whoring... got very out of shape as well.

It will pick up for me in the next couple months, contemplating a new change of scenery.

2015 goals : Back to being my self-professed arrogant, egotistical, pretentious old self.

back on the sauce.
another watch purchase.[/b]

This last 6-9 months have been a real non-depressing journey into a "conventional" lifestyle. I haven't been down, sad, unmotivated etc... just relaxing. Coming to a halt very soon. I am itching.

What are you thinking of getting?

I too, feel way overdue a new addition, thinking of sports Rolex, GMT II half gold or Daytona...small chance I might get the green Sub.
S

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2014, 02:54:45 AM »
almost done away with myself about 12 times and almost jumped off the delaware memorial bridge 5 times,so i can safely say it wasnt the greatest year for me :P
R

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2014, 02:55:00 AM »

back on the sauce.
another watch purchase.

What do you getbiggers do to make that much money?  

I struggle and mostly fail to make half that  :-X

Skorp1o

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2014, 02:56:25 AM »
Thanks mate, you are right and because of now experiencing the alternative the fire is lit again to make it work better than before

^This

I had a pre-mid life crisis in my late 20's I quit a well paying job in London working for a big Bank and went to Germany to live with my ex and opened a shoe shop. 6 months later I realised a lot about my self and what makes me happy and realised it was what I had and it is where I belonged, liquidated all the stock (small loss nothing major) dumped the German gf and came back to London with a new found fire in my belly and achieved so much more than before.
S

Skorp1o

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2014, 02:57:44 AM »
What do you getbiggers do to make that much money?  

I struggle and mostly fail to make half that  :-X

Think of a well paying job, and you will realise that just about every career has an achievable path if you're willing to invest time and effort.
S

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2014, 03:01:31 AM »
Think of a well paying job, and you will realise that just about every career has an achievable path if you're willing to invest time and effort.

Does college major make a difference?  I chose a shit major so been thinking of earning a second degree in accounting.  ???

visualizeperfection

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2014, 03:02:56 AM »
What are you thinking of getting?

I too, feel way overdue a new addition, thinking of sports Rolex, GMT II half gold or Daytona...small chance I might get the green Sub.

I adore my Black Bay. I know Tudor has a slight stigma in your neck of the woods, but it really isn't the case here. I am looking into the new Pelagos.

I still wouldn't be able to touch a Rolex w/out liquidating my collection, not worth it to me yet.

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2014, 03:05:24 AM »
Below average year overall. Failed to achieve some targets I had set myself and like yourself, didn't have as many breaks/holidays as I would have liked.
Could have been worse but could have been a whole lot better as well.
Anyway, I'm confident I'll hit my targets in 2015.

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2014, 03:07:59 AM »
this last part of 2014 has been the best for me:

a lot of money and not much work

quality pussy

decent shape and cardio fitness

experienced a lot of nice things

Skorp1o

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2014, 03:11:23 AM »
Does college major make a difference?  I chose a shit major so been thinking of earning a second degree in accounting.  ???

No, if you're trying to get into a big snobby company then this might become a barrier, but smaller companies in the same field will be easier to get into, once you're foot is in the zone, you can move to bigger and more recognizable companies where past experience will carry you providing you're good at selling yourself. Some people don't bother in the end as working in smaller companies can sometimes be more lucrative. I worked my way to the biggest Banks there is here in London and in the end settled for a newly founded small boutique investment Bank.

S

Skorp1o

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2014, 03:12:13 AM »
this last part of 2014 has been the best for me:

a lot of money and not much work

quality pussy

decent shape and cardio fitness

experienced a lot of nice things

Ha

Nice work frenzy  8)
S

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2014, 03:14:43 AM »
thanks bro  :)

Skorp1o

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2014, 03:16:38 AM »
I adore my Black Bay. I know Tudor has a slight stigma in your neck of the woods, but it really isn't the case here. I am looking into the new Pelagos.

I still wouldn't be able to touch a Rolex w/out liquidating my collection, not worth it to me yet.

The stigma is only held by Rolex owners, as it's the same company, it's like a Carrera 911 owner pulling up next to a Boxter driver. They are being launched here in the UK properly at last, I like the BLACK SHIELD stealthy looking one, but can't see me adding one to my collection as it doesn't fit with what I have right now and where I am going with it.

S

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2014, 03:30:49 AM »
Professional stasis, but my family is doing quite well. My son is killing all his subjects in school. In '14 we adopted another dog and will get another in January.

Professionally, I made the C level in '12, so I am still 4-5 years ahead of my personal schedule. Probably going to change jobs in '15 as I have exhausted what I can do here.

juicemachine

« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2014, 03:36:01 AM »
absolutely horrifying

visualizeperfection

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2014, 03:37:49 AM »
The stigma is only held by Rolex owners, as it's the same company, it's like a Carrera 911 owner pulling up next to a Boxter driver. They are being launched here in the UK properly at last, I like the BLACK SHIELD stealthy looking one, but can't see me adding one to my collection as it doesn't fit with what I have right now and where I am going with it.

You should look into the vintage Rolex scene. Some great watches.