Author Topic: I no longer believe in "overtraining"  (Read 11759 times)

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
Re: I no longer believe in "overtraining"
« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2013, 06:23:05 AM »
^^^^^^^Stupid American^^^^^^^^^

Haha!

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • also shopped my pic you tried to make it subtle
« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2013, 07:03:54 AM »
Yes they leave it all out on the field so to speak.

Precisely, as a CrossFitter one always leaves the gym each day with "no regrets".

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2013, 08:53:08 AM »
^^^^^^^Stupid American^^^^^^^^^

As far as athletic strength goes, we have surpassed the euro's when it comes to research and training advancements. Euro athletes have a much higher rate of injury than american athletes. I say this because your post was such a blanket statement, it borderlines retardation.

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2013, 09:24:29 AM »
Over-training is very real.

Try to educate yourselves on the CNS (Central Nervous System)

If you are going to push yourself continuously without taking time to recover, you will, in fact be "over-training" ~ call it what you will, it all comes down to the same thing.

Vince Gironda was a true "Guru" ~ he also believed in the "theory" (which is actually 'logic') of overtraining.

Semantics I suppose. I could take someone and overtrain them in one day, the only problem is: I won't do it. You pull a muscle off the bone, I'm not taking the blame.

Get with it folks.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • also shopped my pic you tried to make it subtle
« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2013, 11:00:05 AM »
"CNS" oh brother

XFACTOR

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: August 30, 2013, 11:11:00 AM »
I train 6-7 days a week. Twice a day. Cardio early morning weights at night. I feel awesome. I do not subscribe to this

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #31 on: August 30, 2013, 11:12:11 AM »
I farted in the shower this morning.

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #32 on: August 30, 2013, 11:14:47 AM »
"overtraining" for normal bodybuilders is the biggest crock of shit that the magazine/supp industry has ever sold to the public.

NelsonMuntz

• Getbig V
  • Getbigs Most Positive Member March&October 2017
« Reply #33 on: August 30, 2013, 11:29:47 AM »
While I believe people get too obsessed with overtraining and undertrain, my comment to the OP is he wont have any grasp on his comment being true until he gets back to real and actual leg training

Most young guys train chest shoulders and arms several times a week yet are real pussies when it comes to leg work and yes back work.

I also think there are way too many trainees out there who brag about their 315-405 deadlifts yet cant squat anything over 135 in good form
"

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #34 on: August 30, 2013, 11:34:56 AM »
While I believe people get too obsessed with overtraining and undertrain, my comment to the OP is he wont have any grasp on his comment being true until he gets back to real and actual leg training

Most young guys train chest shoulders and arms several times a week yet are real pussies when it comes to leg work and yes back work.

I also think there are way too many trainees out there who brag about their 315-405 deadlifts yet cant squat anything over 135 in good form

This is a valid point.

BRO

• Getbig III
« Reply #35 on: August 30, 2013, 11:45:24 AM »
I train 6-7 days a week. Twice a day. Cardio early morning weights at night. I feel awesome. I do not subscribe to this

How often do you eat?

residue

• Getbig V
  • Adonis 3:16
« Reply #36 on: August 31, 2013, 12:53:25 AM »
I've found over many year of lifting that over-training is really just under-eating.   
or under sleeping

O.Z.

• Getbig IV
  • Team Swimmers
« Reply #37 on: August 31, 2013, 02:30:20 AM »
Do you need example? Well, when I train my legs, I do 2 x 100 reps leg extensions and 2 x 50 reps of seated hamstring curls for warm up, then 3 sets of 15 reps of deep squat, two rounds of superset with extensions and leg press, then 3 sets of hack with very slow negatives, 25 reps per set . After those I do four 15 reps sets of stiff legged deadlifts, 3 sets seated hamstring curls, and finally 3 sets per leg for one leg curls.  I do it once a week and yes, I call it real training, because my muscles grows by it. Of course it is all bullshit, because none of you guys are able to do same, so what is your point asking this kind of question?  It is obious that you will not believe anything I say, if it is more than yourself can do, so what is the point?  ;D

I asked in order to find out what is your definition of real training, do not get upset. So it is a volume.
I do not need to do more than 20 sets for my legs to grow, so there is no need for me to pursue such a volume. Am I not training for real now if my legs grow on 12-15 sets?

XFACTOR

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: August 31, 2013, 06:39:03 AM »
or under sleeping
no set schedule when I am hungary

eat pretty healthy and a lot though

about to go run 5 miles now

phil mcgroin

• Getbig III
« Reply #39 on: August 31, 2013, 06:48:15 AM »
I've found after many years of lifting that farts are a gasous form of shit

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #40 on: August 31, 2013, 10:33:57 AM »
"CNS" oh brother

You think the Central Nervous System is a joke, right?

Too bad, so sad.

I suppose Glucose is a joke too?

(Yeah, I know... "sarcasm and cynicism" ~ they shed the same kind of light)

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: August 31, 2013, 11:00:23 AM »
there is such thing as overtraining, but no bodybuilder trains hard or long enough to enter that state

Agreed.

In fact, I  would go as far to say that you don't even need to take fast carbs with your protein immediately after training.

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #42 on: August 31, 2013, 11:07:40 AM »
i believe in your mom

cswol

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #43 on: August 31, 2013, 11:12:24 AM »
good post galeniko

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: August 31, 2013, 11:12:30 AM »
I've found that if I finish up a training session while wanting to do just a little more, it is inspiring. On the other hand, when I train to utter exhaustion, I never want to see the inside of the gym again. Being methodical, I keep detailed notes on what I do and how much weight I used. This helps me to avoid overtraining while encouraging progression.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: August 31, 2013, 11:14:27 AM »
competitors often train twice a day plus cardio, they dont look overtrained to me ???

This is why I would never have been a good competitor. Life is too short to devote this much time to one endeavor that provides very limited rewards. What you describe as training seems more like an obsession to me.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #46 on: August 31, 2013, 11:14:51 AM »
So how many sets is it 75-80 sets on barbell curls or what is the exact number before overtraining occurs?

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #47 on: August 31, 2013, 11:29:06 AM »
well, if you give it 4hrs time, wheres the problem.

but were talking somewhat sensible measures here lol.

primemuscle, comeon, 2 sessions each 30minutes is nothing, pl spend that on the couch watching ads and weather forecast infront of tv, not sure if that increases their life quality.

training is mentaly refreshing for those who like it.

a serious trainer doesnt look forward to extended rest periods,or the next cheat meal or glass of wine, thats not the right mindset,thats entry level first time 3 months trial mindset,the twinks you see 2 times in gym in january and then never be heard of or seen again.

it s ok those who think theres overtraining thats fine, they can spend their time "recovering and growing" haha.

one can train daily and be very active on top of that outside the gym, its no problem.

there is something like training more than necesary regarding return og "investment", but overtraining, not sure if serious.

You did't answer the question. Is it 75-80 sets or one to failure as Arthur Jones prescribed?

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #48 on: August 31, 2013, 12:06:03 PM »

ukjeff

« Reply #49 on: August 31, 2013, 12:27:30 PM »
pleeease, look at canoo athletes, do you have idea how much they train , how come they not overtrained, theres one hundreds of serbian canoo athlete, with better arms than me.

Fixed  ;D