Author Topic: "The Rock" on Leasing. BALLER$  (Read 27463 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
"The Rock" on Leasing. BALLER$
« on: January 17, 2014, 04:51:03 PM »
Dwayne The Rock Johnson

"Trust me…never buy a depreciating asset. If it drives, flies, floats or f*cks - lease it!"

On set. Miami. Our new HBO show, BALLER$.

‪#‎SuccessIsTheDrug‬ ‪#‎BallinIsTheHigh‬

AlphaMaleDawg

• Getbig IV
Re: "The Rock" on Leasing. BALLER$
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2014, 05:35:51 PM »
Listen to the Great One, as they are all chanting the Rock's name

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2014, 05:48:42 PM »
Most of us don't have to worry about the flies/floats aspect so that leaves cars.  A car isn't an investment.  It gets you from A to B.  I'm not thinking about ROI.  I want reliability, safety, utility, etc, for the useable life of the car.  It's not a 'depreciating asset.'  It's a disposable chattle destined for the scrapyard.

I imagine the cost of the vehicle + maintenance costs/ years on the road < cost of lease over same number of years.  Idk, I never looked into a lease.  But I'd love to be there when someone tells the dealer "The Rock says I should lease."

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2014, 08:25:53 PM »
Most of us don't have to worry about the flies/floats aspect so that leaves cars.  A car isn't an investment.  It gets you from A to B.  I'm not thinking about ROI.  I want reliability, safety, utility, etc, for the useable life of the car.  It's not a 'depreciating asset.'  It's a disposable chattle destined for the scrapyard.

I imagine the cost of the vehicle + maintenance costs/ years on the road < cost of lease over same number of years.  Idk, I never looked into a lease.  But I'd love to be there when someone tells the dealer "The Rock says I should lease."

24month least on a 2014 S63 would've cost me (if I recall correctly) 60k, whereas I could buy a used 2010/2011 S63 with well less than 40k miles for about $45k plus warranty.

I'd rather buy a CPO car, rather than lease... at least a large chunk of the car has already been depreciated, and it's still new enough and in good enough condition to get a warranty.

buy a new car and lose 50% value (what you paid) in 2 years.

buy a CPO car and lose 20% value (what you paid) in 2 years.

Nicademus

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2014, 08:30:45 PM »
24month least on a 2014 S63 would've cost me (if I recall correctly) 60k, whereas I could buy a used 2010/2011 S63 with well less than 40k miles for about $45k plus warranty.

I'd rather buy a CPO car, rather than lease... at least a large chunk of the car has already been depreciated, and it's still new enough and in good enough condition to get a warranty.

I agree.  I never understood leasing unless you wanted to upgrade often.

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2014, 08:43:23 PM »
I agree.  I never understood leasing unless you wanted to upgrade often.
Agreed. Upgrade and don't feel like trying to sell a car to someone.

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2014, 08:43:55 PM »

This.

how many getrich members are in his income category?  he's talking about private jets, yachts and 200,000 cars?  yeah, i'd go lease or marcus card in those cases.  

LiftEaTsLeEpRePeAt

• Getbig IV
  • Fish
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2014, 08:46:54 PM »

best response ever on getbig
a

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2014, 08:51:12 PM »

I take that back... would've cost me $96k to lease it for 2yrs with 10k down, and about 60k remaining at the end of the lease... and after 2yrs, i'll be out $106k and have no asset.

or I can buy a 2010 S63 for under $60k, and after 2yrs i'll have an asset worth $40k.

unless you have disposable income, leasing is retarded.. or unless your company is leasing it and you can deduct it from your taxable income or pay for it with pre-tax dollars, in which it'll be like paying only $74k for the 2014, but still be without an asset in 2yrs....

eh, who cares. I'm not taking financial advice from "the rock", who gets his financial advice from a group of others with degrees and no time to explain to him the who's what's when's or why's of why they want to do XZ&Z with his money.

LiftEaTsLeEpRePeAt

• Getbig IV
  • Fish
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2014, 08:53:06 PM »
I take that back... would've cost me $96k to lease it for 2yrs with 10k down, and about 60k remaining at the end of the lease... and after 2yrs, i'll be out $106k and have no asset.

or I can buy a 2010 S63 for under $60k, and after 2yrs i'll have an asset worth $40k.

unless you have disposable income, leasing is retarded.. or unless your company is leasing it and you can deduct it from your taxable income or pay for it with pre-tax dollars, in which it'll be like paying only $74k for the 2014, but still be without an asset in 2yrs....

eh, who cares. I'm not taking financial advice from "the rock", who gets his financial advice from a group of others with degrees and no time to explain to him the who's what's when's or why's of why they want to do XZ&Z with his money.
I leased when I was self employed   now I ride the bus
a

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2014, 08:56:36 PM »
This.

how many getrich members are in his income category?  he's talking about private jets, yachts and 200,000 cars?  yeah, i'd go lease or marcus card in those cases.  

now... a yacht, I'd lease if I could. unless it's a 30ft mono-hull or something that's only $120k, or a 45ft cat or something. Depreciation and general maintenance on a 65ft Hargrave or a 50ft Hatteras is absolutely fucking brutal and I wouldn't want to keep it more than 2-3yrs anyway.... same with a private jet. gotta be a goddamn fool to buy your own jet and be responsible for maintenance when you can lease a share of one.  

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2014, 08:59:36 PM »
I leased when I was self employed   now I ride the bus

I used to ride the bus from La Jolla to downtown san diego, then got on the trolley to Tijuana when I was smuggling Joooose. If I got busted (when I got busted), I didn't want my car sitting in the parking lot and getting towed or seized. lol

LiftEaTsLeEpRePeAt

• Getbig IV
  • Fish
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2014, 09:01:52 PM »
I used to ride the bus from La Jolla to downtown san diego, then got on the trolley to Tijuana when I was smuggling Joooose. If I got busted (when I got busted), I didn't want my car sitting in the parking lot and getting towed or seized. lol
I had a similar thing happen to me when I was selling juice... Had to take the trolley  but eventually got kicked off for having to many oranges
a

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2014, 09:27:46 PM »
Lease=fleece.

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2014, 02:37:28 AM »
Is The Rock gay?

macos

• Getbig IV
  • Jamie Dimon get some $$ please.
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2014, 02:40:26 AM »
Grok
$

Wolfox

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2014, 02:57:36 AM »

It really depends what model tho. The higher end models you'll get a lot cheaper used. The lower end c-classes it's almost better to buy new.

But you know whats funny is that sales people make more money off the CPO cars than the new ones.

A

Red Hook

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2014, 03:36:27 AM »
It really depends what model tho. The higher end models you'll get a lot cheaper used. The lower end c-classes it's almost better to buy new.

But you know whats funny is that sales people make more money off the CPO cars than the new ones.

care to explain?
I

Wolfox

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2014, 04:12:02 AM »
care to explain?

Which part? Sales people make more money off of used probably because they got the cars as trade ins and they ALWAYS rip people off with trade ins. So the sales people get fatter bonuses and points from their dealership for selling used vehicle. Also a lot of the CPOs are lease returns... and as ESF explained leasing isn't the best thing to do financially if you're not like the Rock who has the money to go through a new vehicle every year.

Really this all depends and mostly applies to higher end luxury vehicles which depreciate a lot.

With the lower end CPO c-classes they aren't that much different in price with the newest c-classes because it's already the cheapest benz model. Less devaluation percentage wise when compared to the higher end models. Plus a lot of time you have rebates and stuff with newer vehicles.
A

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2014, 04:36:09 AM »
I'd drive a Hyundai Genesis before I drove a C-Class benz  :-X

Wolfox

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2014, 04:45:26 AM »
I can't even afford a c class.  ;D Naw I could I'd just be stupid to buy one. Much rather get a Tahoe or Silverado for the money.
A

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2014, 04:50:05 AM »
I'd drive a Hyundai Genesis before I drove a C-Class benz  :-X
???

Wolfox

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2014, 04:54:28 AM »
The c class gets good ratings from what I remember but really if you're gonna drive a Benz its best not to drive the cheapest model. A Benz is all about image.
A

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2014, 05:12:59 AM »
The c class gets good ratings from what I remember but really if you're gonna drive a Benz its best not to drive the cheapest model. A Benz is all about image.
CLA (Benz's cheapest sedan, hatch that sells in the US) is selling like hotcakes.
New C class was just unveiled, which means current C Class value drops like a rock.
Historically those German brands depreciate very hard...especially when the new version comes out.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2014, 06:38:08 AM »
No way I would ever lease a car or rent a home.  That is money you just piss away and never have anything to show for it.

Plane and yacht, perhaps but ONLY if the maintenance was included in the lease.  Maintenance for a yacht is a fucking bitch.