Author Topic: NBA Finals - Miami vs San Antonio, who will win?  (Read 88539 times)

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • also shopped my pic you tried to make it subtle
Re: NBA finals: Miami vs San Antonio, who will win?
« Reply #1100 on: June 20, 2013, 02:53:49 PM »
Absolutely! Lebron weighs as much as centers did in the eighties and is as fast if not faster than a point guard!

Yes Elgin Baylor for example, Hall of Fame power forward from the '60s, he was 6'5" 225 lbs.  

Barkley is on record saying he (Charles) was only 6 feet 4.75 inches coming out of college.

I think Dennis Rodman was listed at 6'8" or something ridiculous when he played for the Bulls.  He was like 6'6" tops.  Amazing player, Rodman.  He had such an affect on games while hardly ever scoring.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #1101 on: June 20, 2013, 02:55:54 PM »
Absolutely! Lebron weighs as much as centers did in the eighties and is as fast if not faster than a point guard!
This does not apply to baseball. I have always marveled at the guys like Babe Ruth, who put up monster numbers on a diet of hookers and beer. Guys like Ruth, Williams etc... transcend time.

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1102 on: June 20, 2013, 03:04:58 PM »
Yes Elgin Baylor for example, Hall of Fame power forward from the '60s, he was 6'5" 225 lbs.  

Barkley is on record saying he (Charles) was only 6 feet 4.75 inches coming out of college.

I think Dennis Rodman was listed at 6'8" or something ridiculous when he played for the Bulls.  He was like 6'6" tops.  Amazing player, Rodman.  He had such an affect on games while hardly ever scoring.
Wes Unseld was 6'7" 250 played center for the Bullets in the late 70's!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #1103 on: June 20, 2013, 03:19:38 PM »
But tell me this, win or lose!, do you not respect that Miami has been to the final EVERY TIME with this big 3?

yes.  People EXPECT him to win the title now.  The expectations are THAT high.  Like, people will SHIT all over Lebron if they lose tonight.  Three years in miami.  Won a title.  Lost in Finals.  Lost at VERY brink.   That's an insane thing - and they'll probably keep doing it.  Even if they trade Bosh fora  rebounder and Wade only  plays half the year to heal up - The best free agents in the league will take a pay cut just to come to Miami for the weather and to make it to the FInals, which they probably will.

Heat could go to 6 straight finals and only win 3, and people would call it an epic fail lol....   

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #1104 on: June 20, 2013, 03:22:11 PM »
yes.  People EXPECT him to win the title now.  The expectations are THAT high.  Like, people will SHIT all over Lebron if they lose tonight.  Three years in miami.  Won a title.  Lost in Finals.  Lost at VERY brink.   That's an insane thing - and they'll probably keep doing it.  Even if they trade Bosh fora  rebounder and Wade only  plays half the year to heal up - The best free agents in the league will take a pay cut just to come to Miami for the weather and to make it to the FInals, which they probably will.

Heat could go to 6 straight finals and only win 3, and people would call it an epic fail lol....   
Nah, the Buffalo Bills fail will never be duplicated. 4 straight superbowls (title games) 4 losses. It will never happen again.

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
« Reply #1105 on: June 20, 2013, 03:28:43 PM »
i dont remember anyone having more pressure then lebron, jordan never had that much pressure.

but he did say he will win 4, 5,6,7 rings.

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1106 on: June 20, 2013, 03:46:10 PM »
i dont remember anyone having more pressure then lebron, jordan never had that much pressure.

Enough already with the decision and the 4,5,6,7 championships!

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #1107 on: June 20, 2013, 03:48:49 PM »
Enough already with the decision and the 4,5,6,7 championships!

he said it, not me, im quoting it.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #1108 on: June 20, 2013, 03:50:33 PM »

Jordan had tons of pressure---that he put on himself. But, there was this expectation of him...and he lived up to it. Lebron to me hasn't lived up to the hype, nor the expectations.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
« Reply #1109 on: June 20, 2013, 03:52:10 PM »
Jordan had lots of criticisms (scoring champ can never win a title, ballhog, doesn't make his teammates better, etc.) prior to when he started winning the Finals every year.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #1110 on: June 20, 2013, 03:54:34 PM »
Jordan had lots of criticisms (scoring champ can never win a title, ballhog, doesn't make his teammates better, etc.) prior to when he started winning the Finals every year.
quite true...

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #1111 on: June 20, 2013, 04:01:21 PM »
i agree with Parker. I stand corrected.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #1112 on: June 20, 2013, 04:03:05 PM »

What about the questionable death of his dad, gambling, drinking, links to mafia loansharks, cheating on his wife, cigars etc...  The NBA tried as much as they could to show him as squeaky clean.

BE LIKE MIKE???

Umm maybe,

His sudden "retirement" for two years was very strange.  Almost like he lost a bet and had to pay his due.

You can't rewrite history or say what could have happened for certain, but everyone, everyone who knows basketball knows that the Bulls would have won 8 in a row if he didn't retire midway after the first threepeat.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
« Reply #1113 on: June 20, 2013, 04:04:54 PM »
Jordan also wasn't heralded as the Second Coming since his sophomore year of high school though.  Like in college at UNC he was really good (Nat'l Player of the Year his last year) and when he was drafted everyone expected that he'd be a really good pro too, but nobody was saying he was going to be the best player of all time.  

LeBron on the other hand was expected to be that kind of player and has basically been under that pressure his whole life since he was 18 or so.  I suspect this has a lot to do with how much the sports media has grown since the 1980s.  I think it's impressive how much he's lived up to those expectations.  He came into a league of grown men as an 18 year-old kid and averaged 20 points a game, and has been the best player in the league by a pretty good margin since then.

His sudden "retirement" for two years was very strange.  Almost like he lost a bet and had to pay his due.

Yeah the rumor re: his first retirement for a while has been that he crossed the wrong people with something related to his gambling, the end result was his dad's murder and the NBA made him take off while it blew over.  I don't know if there's a shred of actual evidence for that but it's a compelling story nonetheless.

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
  • The Unrighteous Shall Pay
« Reply #1114 on: June 20, 2013, 04:16:19 PM »
Lebron arrived to the arena in his black, drop top Porcha, ready to kick some ass......hope it's not the other way around

gmflex

• Getbig V
  • The Empire lives...you rebel scum!!!
« Reply #1115 on: June 20, 2013, 04:32:03 PM »
Its on bitches....  >:(
the spurs had a meltdown the last 28 seconds of game 6 while dominating the whole game
Its do or die..

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #1116 on: June 20, 2013, 04:33:52 PM »
  PED and GMO are the reason there are so many giant fast strong etc freaks now

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #1117 on: June 20, 2013, 04:34:46 PM »
Really hope the Spurs win but I know there is so much going against them this game. They really should have won game 6.

gmflex

• Getbig V
  • The Empire lives...you rebel scum!!!
« Reply #1118 on: June 20, 2013, 05:02:46 PM »
Really hope the Spurs win but I know there is so much going against them this game. They really should have won game 6.
:(
qft

Devon97

• Getbig V
  • Keith lives on...
« Reply #1119 on: June 20, 2013, 05:04:08 PM »

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #1120 on: June 20, 2013, 05:04:55 PM »
  Jordan crushed his foes

cswol

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1121 on: June 20, 2013, 05:07:34 PM »
spurs going to replicate the first 3 quarters, and then in the 4th qaurter with a 14 point lead, they will begin to double team lebron james.

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
  • The Unrighteous Shall Pay
« Reply #1122 on: June 20, 2013, 05:15:54 PM »
spurs going to replicate the first 3 quarters, and then in the 4th qaurter with a 14 point lead, they will begin to double team lebron james.

that would be a nightmare for the heat.....there would be no miracle this time around.......the spurs would not allow that......what if Green somehow start to rain 3s again or Parker/Genobili caught fire?........I hope nobody in the starting 5 of this heat team stays idle tonight or showing sign that theyre tired.......play the spurs physical enough, you'll contain them at some point

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #1123 on: June 20, 2013, 05:26:23 PM »
Lebron should come out if he wins tonight with "We're gonna win 8, 9, 10 championships" just to fck with people.

I love it how lebron is viewed as a complete failure if he loses tonight haha.

I can admit he's a whiny bitch a lot of the time, but he's so talented, it's undeniable.  Dosn't have heart, but does so things on the court we always only thought we'd see in video games.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #1124 on: June 20, 2013, 05:31:48 PM »
I respect Lebron for his defensive efforts rarely seen by a superstar.

Anyway, wiggs cash your unemployment check, load your bong and get some snacks because we are 30 minutes from game time. Time to see your Spurs win another one.  8)