Author Topic: China & Russia quit the dollar.  (Read 3928 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
China & Russia quit the dollar.
« on: November 24, 2010, 08:01:42 AM »

Foreign and Military Affairs
China, Russia quit dollar
By Su Qiang and Li Xiaokun (China Daily)
Updated: 2010-11-24 08:02

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Premier Wen Jiabao shakes hands with his Russian counterpart Vladimir Putin on a visit to St. Petersburg on Tuesday.
ALEXEY DRUZHININ / AFP

St. Petersburg, Russia - China and Russia have decided to renounce the US dollar and resort to using their own currencies for bilateral trade, Premier Wen Jiabao and his Russian counterpart Vladimir Putin announced late on Tuesday.

Chinese experts said the move reflected closer relations between Beijing and Moscow and is not aimed at challenging the dollar, but to protect their domestic economies.

"About trade settlement, we have decided to use our own currencies," Putin said at a joint news conference with Wen in St. Petersburg.

The two countries were accustomed to using other currencies, especially the dollar, for bilateral trade. Since the financial crisis, however, high-ranking officials on both sides began to explore other possibilities.

The yuan has now started trading against the Russian rouble in the Chinese interbank market, while the renminbi will soon be allowed to trade against the rouble in Russia, Putin said.

"That has forged an important step in bilateral trade and it is a result of the consolidated financial systems of world countries," he said.

Putin made his remarks after a meeting with Wen. They also officiated at a signing ceremony for 12 documents, including energy cooperation.

The documents covered cooperation on aviation, railroad construction, customs, protecting intellectual property, culture and a joint communiqu. Details of the documents have yet to be released.

Putin said one of the pacts between the two countries is about the purchase of two nuclear reactors from Russia by China's Tianwan nuclear power plant, the most advanced nuclear power complex in China.

Putin has called for boosting sales of natural resources - Russia's main export - to China, but price has proven to be a sticking point.

Russian Deputy Prime Minister Igor Sechin, who holds sway over Russia's energy sector, said following a meeting with Chinese representatives that Moscow and Beijing are unlikely to agree on the price of Russian gas supplies to China before the middle of next year.

Russia is looking for China to pay prices similar to those Russian gas giant Gazprom charges its European customers, but Beijing wants a discount. The two sides were about $100 per 1,000 cubic meters apart, according to Chinese officials last week.

Wen's trip follows Russian President Dmitry Medvedev's three-day visit to China in September, during which he and President Hu Jintao launched a cross-border pipeline linking the world's biggest energy producer with the largest energy consumer.

Wen said at the press conference that the partnership between Beijing and Moscow has "reached an unprecedented level" and pledged the two countries will "never become each other's enemy".

Over the past year, "our strategic cooperative partnership endured strenuous tests and reached an unprecedented level," Wen said, adding the two nations are now more confident and determined to defend their mutual interests.

"China will firmly follow the path of peaceful development and support the renaissance of Russia as a great power," he said.

"The modernization of China will not affect other countries' interests, while a solid and strong Sino-Russian relationship is in line with the fundamental interests of both countries."

Wen said Beijing is willing to boost cooperation with Moscow in Northeast Asia, Central Asia and the Asia-Pacific region, as well as in major international organizations and on mechanisms in pursuit of a "fair and reasonable new order" in international politics and the economy.

Sun Zhuangzhi, a senior researcher in Central Asian studies at the Chinese Academy of Social Sciences, said the new mode of trade settlement between China and Russia follows a global trend after the financial crisis exposed the faults of a dollar-dominated world financial system.

Pang Zhongying, who specializes in international politics at Renmin University of China, said the proposal is not challenging the dollar, but aimed at avoiding the risks the dollar represents.

Wen arrived in the northern Russian city on Monday evening for a regular meeting between Chinese and Russian heads of government.

He left St. Petersburg for Moscow late on Tuesday and is set to meet with Russian President Dmitry Medvedev on Wednesday.

Agencies and Zhou Wa contributed to this story.

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/china/2010-11/24/content_11599087.htm

________________________ ________________________ ________________________

>:(

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Re: China & Russia quit the dollar.
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2010, 08:30:20 AM »
I fucking fought my ass off for 20 fucking years trying to prevent this massive transfer of wealth from America to China.  Fucking nobody gave a shit and the biggest opposition I faced in many of those years was from republicans supporting big business or from dems supporting jackasses like Clinton.  Now we see the payoff while you were all pitted against eachother....  And it will get way worse than this before it's over.  Your sons and daughters will be shot with bullets payed for by us.

We built their fucking industrialization, we paid for it, we bought their shitty cheap plastic crap.  We made their empire happen and I said long ago they wouldn't give a rats ass about any of that.

There are many many CEOs, lobyiests and politicians that need to be tried for treason imo....  Starting with Bill Clinton...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2010, 08:36:17 AM »
I fucking fought my ass off for 20 fucking years trying to prevent this massive transfer of wealth from America to China.  Fucking nobody gave a shit and the biggest opposition I faced in many of those years was from republicans supporting big business or from dems supporting jackasses like Clinton.  Now we see the payoff while you were all pitted against eachother....  And it will get way worse than this before it's over.  Your sons and daughters will be shot with bullets payed for by us.

We are so screwed its not funny - we refuse to re-industrialize, we refuse to develop domestic sources of reliable chaeap energy, we refuse to curtail the world police force, we refuse to deal wih our fiscal insanity, we refuse to demand fair trade treaties, we refuse to get rid of agencies like the EPA, NEA, DEA, etc who are destroying this nation, we refuse to be honest about our long term entitlement committments we cant afford, and on and on. 

Its not so much the state we are in that gets me, but it is the trajectory we are on and sheer level of overall ignorance as to where and why we are heading the way of Rome like we are, just much sooner. 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2010, 08:41:59 AM »
We are so screwed its not funny - we refuse to re-industrialize, we refuse to develop domestic sources of reliable chaeap energy, we refuse to curtail the world police force, we refuse to deal wih our fiscal insanity, we refuse to demand fair trade treaties, we refuse to get rid of agencies like the EPA, NEA, DEA, etc who are destroying this nation, we refuse to be honest about our long term entitlement committments we cant afford, and on and on. 

Its not so much the state we are in that gets me, but it is the trajectory we are on and sheer level of overall ignorance as to where and why we are heading the way of Rome like we are, just much sooner. 
I was ready for this revolution 15+ years ago...  I'm fucking beyond the point now.  This ticks me off so much I can't hardly breath.  And yea, I am sick to my stomach knowing that in my fight against this I have been harshly opposed by both the right and the left in America...  FUCKING GODDAMNED FUCKING TOOOOOOLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2010, 08:45:01 AM »
HAHAHAHAHA..... Now we're to the point where you will see Americans continue to support China in an alliance with Russia over us.... I fucking kid you not...  If we're this stupid, we deserve everything comming to us....

You can find me under a rock for comment ::)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2010, 08:48:34 AM »
Hugo - we are committing national suicide because we simply do not have the will to do what is necessary. 

Try to build a large energy plant?    EPA, enviro kooks, lawsuits, blah blah - forever - nothing gets done. 

Try to open a factory to make shit - EPA, lawsuits, compliance, workers comp, UE insurance, lawyers, accountants, etc etc - nothing gets done. 

And on and on. 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2010, 08:49:56 AM »
Oh and this one of the many stages leading into WWIII for those morons who don't have a fucking clue.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2010, 08:53:11 AM »
Hugo - we are committing national suicide because we simply do not have the will to do what is necessary. 

Try to build a large energy plant?    EPA, enviro kooks, lawsuits, blah blah - forever - nothing gets done. 

Try to open a factory to make shit - EPA, lawsuits, compliance, workers comp, UE insurance, lawyers, accountants, etc etc - nothing gets done. 

And on and on. 

first you have to tell it to the mass minion on prozak playing video games all day and putting in all their concentration on Jersey Shore and Dancing with the Stars in the evening. ::)

Yes, we're fucked.................. ........................ .............

225for70

• Getbig IV
  • Suckmymuscle is OneMoreRep's little bitch
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2010, 03:18:16 PM »

IS this a quote?

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
Russia & China Quit the US Dollar
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2010, 03:41:14 PM »
China, Russia quit dollar
By Su Qiang and Li Xiaokun (China Daily)
Updated: 2010-11-24 08:02

Premier Wen Jiabao shakes hands with his Russian counterpart Vladimir Putin
on a visit to St. Petersburg on Tuesday. ALEXEY DRUZHININ / AFP

St. Petersburg, Russia - China and Russia have decided to renounce the US dollar and resort to using their own currencies for bilateral trade, Premier Wen Jiabao and his Russian counterpart Vladimir Putin announced late on Tuesday.

Chinese experts said the move reflected closer relations between Beijing and Moscow and is not aimed at challenging the dollar, but to protect their domestic economies.

"About trade settlement, we have decided to use our own currencies," Putin said at a joint news conference with Wen in St. Petersburg.

The two countries were accustomed to using other currencies, especially the dollar, for bilateral trade. Since the financial crisis, however, high-ranking officials on both sides began to explore other possibilities.

The yuan has now started trading against the Russian rouble in the Chinese interbank market, while the renminbi will soon be allowed to trade against the rouble in Russia, Putin said.

"That has forged an important step in bilateral trade and it is a result of the consolidated financial systems of world countries," he said.

Putin made his remarks after a meeting with Wen. They also officiated at a signing ceremony for 12 documents, including energy cooperation.

The documents covered cooperation on aviation, railroad construction, customs, protecting intellectual property, culture and a joint communiqu. Details of the documents have yet to be released.

Putin said one of the pacts between the two countries is about the purchase of two nuclear reactors from Russia by China's Tianwan nuclear power plant, the most advanced nuclear power complex in China.

Putin has called for boosting sales of natural resources - Russia's main export - to China, but price has proven to be a sticking point.

Russian Deputy Prime Minister Igor Sechin, who holds sway over Russia's energy sector, said following a meeting with Chinese representatives that Moscow and Beijing are unlikely to agree on the price of Russian gas supplies to China before the middle of next year.

Russia is looking for China to pay prices similar to those Russian gas giant Gazprom charges its European customers, but Beijing wants a discount. The two sides were about $100 per 1,000 cubic meters apart, according to Chinese officials last week.

Wen's trip follows Russian President Dmitry Medvedev's three-day visit to China in September, during which he and President Hu Jintao launched a cross-border pipeline linking the world's biggest energy producer with the largest energy consumer.

Wen said at the press conference that the partnership between Beijing and Moscow has "reached an unprecedented level" and pledged the two countries will "never become each other's enemy".

Over the past year, "our strategic cooperative partnership endured strenuous tests and reached an unprecedented level," Wen said, adding the two nations are now more confident and determined to defend their mutual interests.

"China will firmly follow the path of peaceful development and support the renaissance of Russia as a great power," he said.

"The modernization of China will not affect other countries' interests, while a solid and strong Sino-Russian relationship is in line with the fundamental interests of both countries."

Wen said Beijing is willing to boost cooperation with Moscow in Northeast Asia, Central Asia and the Asia-Pacific region, as well as in major international organizations and on mechanisms in pursuit of a "fair and reasonable new order" in international politics and the economy.

Sun Zhuangzhi, a senior researcher in Central Asian studies at the Chinese Academy of Social Sciences, said the new mode of trade settlement between China and Russia follows a global trend after the financial crisis exposed the faults of a dollar-dominated world financial system.

Pang Zhongying, who specializes in international politics at Renmin University of China, said the proposal is not challenging the dollar, but aimed at avoiding the risks the dollar represents.

Wen arrived in the northern Russian city on Monday evening for a regular meeting between Chinese and Russian heads of government.

He left St. Petersburg for Moscow late on Tuesday and is set to meet with Russian President Dmitry Medvedev on Wednesday.

Agencies and Zhou Wa contributed to this story.

Looks like it's starting folks... these will just be the first two... before the inevitable stampede.
And now with the EU bailing out yet another country... won't be long before the Euro tanks too.
Got your precious metals yet?  :D

w

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2010, 04:19:27 PM »
have you guys tried that absolut raspberry?  giving that a shot tonight.  i might as well support the russian economy. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2010, 04:23:29 PM »
No it was not a quote.  I wrote  it myself.

225for70

• Getbig IV
  • Suckmymuscle is OneMoreRep's little bitch
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2010, 04:31:56 PM »
No it was not a quote.  I wrote  it myself.

Youz a smart nucca. no doubt straight out muthafuckin compton..

Actually, i quoted the wrong paragraph...I was talking about Hugo's post about fighting for 20 years..

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2010, 04:37:17 PM »

We built their fucking industrialization, we paid for it, we bought their shitty cheap plastic crap.  We made their empire happen and I said long ago they wouldn't give a rats ass about any of that.

There are many many CEOs, lobyiests and politicians that need to be tried for treason imo....  Starting with Bill Clinton...

Why is it that when I stated in 2004 that if the majority of US citizens had any clue about what their government or politicians were doing, they would tear the whitehouse down brick by brick, and hang politicians for treason, ...that I was labeled anti-American, or a Yankee hater?

Hugo, are you anti-American? I'm sorry, I've always tried to resist being one who says "I told ya so, but..."
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2010, 04:39:40 PM »

Why is it that when a non American with a clearer perspective of this states the same thing, they are labeled as an "Anti-American hater?"
w

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2010, 04:40:31 PM »
Why is it that when I stated in 2004 that is the majority of US citizens had any clue about what their government or politicians were doing, they would tear the whitehouse down brick by brick, and hang politicians for treason, ...that I was labeled anti-American, or a Yankee hater?

Hugo, are you anti-American? I'm sorry, I've always tried to resist being one who says "I told ya so, but..."
shut the hell up you stupid bitch, I've talked about this way longer than you.  So how the hell do you get off telling me you told me so ::)

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2010, 04:41:46 PM »
HAHAHAHAHA..... Now we're to the point where you will see Americans continue to support China in an alliance with Russia over us.... I fucking kid you not...  If we're this stupid, we deserve everything comming to us....

You can find me under a rock for comment ::)

And you wonder why some non-Americans will on occasion laugh at American posturing & chest thumping?  ???
w

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2010, 04:42:04 PM »
I just call it like I see it.  Like I said I was tossed fr for trashing whhat the bush admn was doing in this respect. 

Look at how pat buchanan was treated when he said similar stuff? 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2010, 04:43:31 PM »
And you wonder why some non-Americans will on occasion laugh at American posturing & chest thumping?  ???
go masturbate in private, we don't want to see that shit.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2010, 04:48:22 PM »
reminds me of jag:

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2010, 04:52:00 PM »
shut the hell up you stupid bitch, I've talked about this way longer than you.  So how the hell do you get off telling me you told me so ::)

Hugo, this lovely response of yours is why so many Americans run around with their heads in the sand and their bottoms exposed and ripe for the sodomizing. I never said you never stated this or fought against it? I simply asked a question... to someone who I mistakenly thought might have the wisdom & insight to answer it. Instead I'm told to "shut the hell up you stupid bitch?" Nice.

Instead of trying to jockey for position to take bows & accolades for predicting your own demise, what the hell are you going to do about it? Are you going to get drowned in the storm, ...or learn to dance in the rain?  
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2010, 04:56:28 PM »
go masturbate in private, we don't want to see that shit.

FYI - Laughing at reckless stupidity unfolding before your eyes is not masturbation.

Thumping your chest & chanting "We're #1" is, ...and only induces more laughter, pity, and eventual disdain.

Go take your anger out on your selected officials, not on those who tried to warn you.

Learn who you REAL enemies are. hint: it's not the ones north of you, south of you, or even in China.
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2010, 05:02:56 PM »
I just call it like I see it.  Like I said I was tossed fr for trashing whhat the bush admn was doing in this respect. 

Look at how pat buchanan was treated when he said similar stuff? 

You call it like you see it, ...but man oh man does it take a while to get past the passion.

You see it unfolding, but instead of saying "this is wrong because..." you just say "Obama is a POFS"

That gets so stale. infact, for a while, I secretly suspected you were that Drinking with Bob guy.  ;D
w

Cy Tolliver

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2010, 05:26:58 PM »
shut the hell up you stupid bitch, I've talked about this way longer than you.  So how the hell do you get off telling me you told me so ::)

;D
TEAM LAURA LEE!

24KT

• Getbig V
w