Author Topic: Question best for the Coach  (Read 2495 times)

Moosejay

Question best for the Coach
« on: August 02, 2008, 05:16:26 PM »
....why is it (not joking, Joe) that golphers (and even tennis) needs COMPLETE silence?

You know, the hardest thing to do is hit a round ball with a round bat (baseball), and those guys got incredibly high noise and hooting and hollering to put up with.

If the baseballers can do it, why not the other aformentioned?

Mike

knny187

• Getbig V
Re: Question best for the Coach
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2008, 05:23:49 PM »
all the queers...(like tennis players too)

Moosejay

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2008, 05:25:15 PM »
all the queers...(like tennis players too)

Uh, Ken, that's not really an answer

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2008, 05:36:30 PM »

Brutal_1

• Getbig V
  • Your best is...
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2008, 06:02:47 PM »
....why is it (not joking, Joe) that golphers (and even tennis) needs COMPLETE silence?

You know, the hardest thing to do is hit a round ball with a round bat (baseball), and those guys got incredibly high noise and hooting and hollering to put up with.

If the baseballers can do it, why not the other aformentioned?

Mike

what the HIZELL does this thread have to do with politics?!  >:(
just not good enough

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2008, 06:06:17 PM »

lol

I think I have a cd of this meeting

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2008, 06:08:47 PM »
interesting

Moosejay

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2008, 06:27:36 PM »

Ummm, actually, guys like that DO give a fuck.

Thus, their lives of achievement.

Versus the other path.....

The Coach

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2008, 08:41:09 PM »
Golf is a game of stragity, that being said when someone is getting ready to take shot or putt, there are usually alot of things that go through someones head during the time he/she walks up to the Tbox, sets up his ball, takes a couple of practice strokes, looks down the fairway to analize where to attemt to put the ball so not to get into trouble. The addressing the ball, making sure your feet, shoulders and grip are correct and making sure your the right distance from the ball at contact. Same with putting, analizing the green on which way the greens slope to the hole, looking at where and if there is a break when you putt, on a downhill slope, are you going to hit in the middle of the club or hit on the toe to take speed off? Those are the types of things that go through a persons head in just a minute or so before taking a shot or putting. One cough, one rattle of the clubs in someones bag or a camera can unravel someone enough to miss their shot.

elite_lifter

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2008, 08:45:28 PM »
Golf is a game of stragity, that being said when someone is getting ready to take shot or putt, there are usually alot of things that go through someones head during the time he/she walks up to the Tbox, sets up his ball, takes a couple of practice strokes, looks down the fairway to analize where to attemt to put the ball so not to get into trouble. The addressing the ball, making sure your feet, shoulders and grip are correct and making sure your the right distance from the ball at contact. Same with putting, analizing the green on which way the greens slope to the hole, looking at where and if there is a break when you putt, on a downhill slope, are you going to hit in the middle of the club or hit on the toe to take speed off? Those are the types of things that go through a persons head in just a minute or so before taking a shot or putting. One cough, one rattle of the clubs in someones bag or a camera can unravel someone enough to miss their shot.
When are you going on tour Coach, and I guess I won't comment on your spelling.
I am a big baby

SGT BARNES

• Getbig IV
  • crush your enemies, see them driven before you
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2008, 08:48:59 PM »

"stratigy"...oh man, another brainiac here.

The Coach

« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2008, 08:51:07 PM »
Also dont forget these guys arn't playing a team sport, they are making their own living, they're independant contractors playing for more money than most of us can ever dream of. Most if not all on tour bring sports psycologists, chiros , personal trainers, chiros and message therapists to work on them between rounds. Not taking away from other sports, but most sports are not nearly as stratigy demanding as golf. I remeber about 4 mos ago I was playing a good front 9 at hole by the time I was at hole 7 I was shooting even par. I recieved a phone call that really bothered me, I double and triple bogied the last 2 holes on the front 9. I could hit the ball to save my life at that point. I was told that Golf is at least 50% psycological, that round proved it!

The Coach

« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2008, 08:53:46 PM »
STFU dick, I'm posting from a phone, I dont have a connection where I'm at.

elite_lifter

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2008, 08:54:03 PM »
Also dont forget these guys arn't playing a team sport, they are making their own living, they're independant contractors playing for more money than most of us can ever dream of. Most if not all on tour bring sports psycologists, chiros , personal trainers, chiros and message therapists to work on them between rounds. Not taking away from other sports, but most sports are not nearly as stratigy demanding as golf. I remeber about 4 mos ago I was playing a good front 9 at hole by the time I was at hole 7 I was shooting even par. I recieved a phone call that really bothered me, I double and triple bogied the last 2 holes on the front 9. I could hit the ball to save my life at that point. I was told that Golf is at least 50% psycological, that round proved it!
::)
I am a big baby

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2008, 08:58:40 PM »
some neuropsychologists make 4 dollars a minute evaluating clients. 

elite_lifter

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2008, 09:00:39 PM »
some neuropsychologists make 4 dollars a minute evaluating clients. 
isn't that what the typical getbigger makes or is that just me
I am a big baby

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2008, 09:04:06 PM »
isn't that what the typical getbigger makes or is that just me
haha  bingo

The Coach

« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2008, 09:04:22 PM »
Beats the 4.00 an hour you make "elite lifter"

elite_lifter

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2008, 09:07:50 PM »
Beats the 4.00 an hour you make "elite lifter"
you worried about me Roach, no need, how are your 20 hour work days workin out for you ::)
I am a big baby

The Coach

« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2008, 09:10:43 PM »
Just fine, I'm at home in Palm Springs golfing and enjoying my little vacation.

elite_lifter

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2008, 09:11:50 PM »
Just fine, I'm at home in Palm Springs golfing and enjoying my little vacation.
My life is a vacation, if you only knew  ;D
I am a big baby

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2008, 09:14:36 PM »
When are you going on tour Coach, and I guess I won't comment on your spelling.
actually the analise part is not a typo... even though he just made up a verb.
follow the arrows

The Coach

« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2008, 09:33:58 PM »
I know my spelling sucks i dont need to be reminded. Tour?

jtsunami

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • I support Bigbobs
« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2008, 09:35:47 PM »
have any of you guys played theses sports?  If you have you would know why.  Football and baseball are easy to play with a lot of noise, you are like a robot doing a function pretty much, not much thought.

jt
TEAM Nasser

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2008, 09:42:37 PM »
a poorly trained golfer needs complete silence.

if your semi decent it doesnt matter.

the reasona guy on pga tour will take his time and make it quiet is because he is playing for money, and also because most of these pro golfers are arrogant douchebags with sticks up their ass.

real competitive golf is filled with dickheads with their noses held high.