Author Topic: Bret Hart's book  (Read 12415 times)

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
Bret Hart's book
« on: November 27, 2015, 07:41:34 PM »
Read this once before, but it was years ago.  Now reading it a second time.

I know some on here won't read it simply because they expect Bret to do a lot of whining (he does at times).  So in a nutshell, I will do a running commentary as I cover parts of it and highlight some interesting things.

- IMO - Stu Hart was a borderline schmoe from the way he would try to stretch and hurt young guys.  I have heard this from other books/sources as well that it was nothing to see Stu finish a session with a hard on portruding from his trunks. 

Bret doesn't say this exactly, but he does remark that Stu seemed to enjoy certain sessions with young pretty boys a "little too much".  Many trainees simply let Stu have his way with them rather trying to resist or fight back/power out of his shoot holds because they were afraid he wouldn't train them and their wrestling dreams would disappear.

Jim Neidhart was benching over 450 pounds for several reps BEFORE Tom (Dynamite Kid) got him on the steroids.  Jim was a legit tough guy and the strongest one to come through the Hart dungeon.

Davey Boy was originally 160lbs when he arrived, was the legitimate cousin to Tom and Tom hated him.  Tom turned him onto steroids and in six months he weighed 220. 

Bret often had to give Tom his injections because he used so much steroids that his ass would have knots and scar tissue every where.  Bret said you could feel the needle breaking through the scar tissue like pushing through card board.

After training sessions when the Hart brothers had to shower in the dungeon, the two older Harts would always restrain and piss in the eyes and mouth of Bret and his younger brother.   (You read that correctly, I can't believe he wrote it.  Not once or a few times, but every single time they had to shower together)

In the beginning, Bret hated going to Japan because the young wrestlers there would no sell his offense and beat the hell out of him.

Iron Mike Sharp was the WORST wrestler to work with because he was the stiffest wrestler anyone could have for an opponent and most people refused to work with him.

more to come as I read

gmflex

• Getbig V
  • The Empire lives...you rebel scum!!!
Re: Bret Hart's book
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2015, 10:52:17 PM »
Wow..
Sick ..
The pissing part. :-X

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2015, 02:05:42 AM »
Was this in his big autobiography?

I only read it once, but I don't recall the pissing and pretty boy parts. Maybe I innately erased them from memory in the interest of preserving nostalgia. ;D

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2015, 02:11:06 AM »
I have heard that, when demonstrating holds, Stu was fond of instructing the trainee to "offer" his arm, etc. so that Stu could apply the hold. Critics claim Stu wasn't truly the "shooter" that he was famous for.

It's the difference between knowing holds and actually being able to use them during a fight.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2015, 09:25:49 AM »
I have heard that, when demonstrating holds, Stu was fond of instructing the trainee to "offer" his arm, etc. so that Stu could apply the hold. Critics claim Stu wasn't truly the "shooter" that he was famous for.

It's the difference between knowing holds and actually being able to use them during a fight.

Yes, the trainee often subjected himself to the abuse simply because he had no other option as Stu was the only shot of getting into the wrestling biz at the time in that area for many.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2015, 09:27:18 AM »
Was this in his big autobiography?

I only read it once, but I don't recall the pissing and pretty boy parts. Maybe I innately erased them from memory in the interest of preserving nostalgia. ;D

It's there.  I read the big book the first time.  This is the e-book ripped from Pirate Bay I am reading now on my iPad.  There are no page numbers on it so I can cite the exact page.  But when I get a chance I will go back and do a screen capture.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2015, 09:43:29 AM »
Other stuff :

Bret admits to openly riding Tom's coattails into the Japan wrestling scene.  Said Tom was the one that spoke up for him and got him a guarantee of $500 a week for his tour there.

Tiger Mask really was that good.  A true revolutionary in the ring with his style and moves.

When Abdullah the Butcher toured Japan he required a massage therapist to work on him before every match for extended periods.  Before really big matches with high profile coverage, Inoki supplied a doctor to inject Abbie with a massive dose of adrenaline in order to enhance his "crazed" mannerisms.  Like his eyes twitching and darting all over the place, his head constantly moving, etc...   After the matches Abbie would look like he was about to die in the back while doctors held him down with an oxygen mask over his face and brought him down from the high and often stitched his forehead back up.

The match between Inoki and Ali was a total shitfest.  Inoki approached it as a shoot fight.  Ali approached it as a work in his favor.  After realizing that Ali's mouth had gotten him in trouble with accepting the match, his camp had all the rules secretly changed.  Inoki could not hit, grapple, throw, tackle or have both hands on Ali at the same time.  He could only kick Ali if he had one knee on the mat.  Standing kicks and drop kicks were not allowed.   Even then Ali's camp was worried and the black muslims approached Inoki in the dressing room prior to the match and threatened his life if he laid a single finger on Ali.
Ali only threw six punches in the entire 15 rounds.  (I think it said 15.  May have said 12.  Not sure).

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2015, 01:51:52 PM »
It's there.  I read the big book the first time.  This is the e-book ripped from Pirate Bay I am reading now on my iPad.  There are no page numbers on it so I can cite the exact page.  But when I get a chance I will go back and do a screen capture.

That's okay - I believe you.
I guess I only paid close attention to certain parts of the book.

I don't remember the part about shooting Butch with adrenaline, either. Although, I do recall the Ali/Inoki fight.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2015, 01:53:20 PM »
Did you ever watch that match?

It really did suck. Inoki spent most of the time on his back kicking at Ali's legs.

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2015, 04:46:52 AM »
Read this once before, but it was years ago.  Now reading it a second time.

I know some on here won't read it simply because they expect Bret to do a lot of whining (he does at times).  So in a nutshell, I will do a running commentary as I cover parts of it and highlight some interesting things.

- IMO - Stu Hart was a borderline schmoe from the way he would try to stretch and hurt young guys.  I have heard this from other books/sources as well that it was nothing to see Stu finish a session with a hard on portruding from his trunks. 

Bret doesn't say this exactly, but he does remark that Stu seemed to enjoy certain sessions with young pretty boys a "little too much".  Many trainees simply let Stu have his way with them rather trying to resist or fight back/power out of his shoot holds because they were afraid he wouldn't train them and their wrestling dreams would disappear.

Jim Neidhart was benching over 450 pounds for several reps BEFORE Tom (Dynamite Kid) got him on the steroids.  Jim was a legit tough guy and the strongest one to come through the Hart dungeon.

Davey Boy was originally 160lbs when he arrived, was the legitimate cousin to Tom and Tom hated him.  Tom turned him onto steroids and in six months he weighed 220. 

Bret often had to give Tom his injections because he used so much steroids that his ass would have knots and scar tissue every where.  Bret said you could feel the needle breaking through the scar tissue like pushing through card board.

After training sessions when the Hart brothers had to shower in the dungeon, the two older Harts would always restrain and piss in the eyes and mouth of Bret and his younger brother.   (You read that correctly, I can't believe he wrote it.  Not once or a few times, but every single time they had to shower together)

In the beginning, Bret hated going to Japan because the young wrestlers there would no sell his offense and beat the hell out of him.

Iron Mike Sharp was the WORST wrestler to work with because he was the stiffest wrestler anyone could have for an opponent and most people refused to work with him.

more to come as I read
Monte, everything you say is spot on here. I just recently re-read it too as I have the book as well. Dynamite kid was taking 3 injections to each buttocks cheek every single day, hense the crazy scar tissue. Testosterone and injectable d-bol.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2015, 06:16:07 AM »
Ok, here is the screen capture.  No sure if the page # at the bottom is accurate and matches the one in the hard cover book.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2015, 10:16:46 AM »
Finished another couple of chapters :

Diane (who married Davey) was a c unt long before emerging into the spotlight with her antics.

Bad News Allen really was bad news and was basically the first nail in the coffin that killed Stampede.  (for using his fork on the Stomper in a match and piledriving the Stompers "son" onto the cement floor) A legit judo expert, pro black racist, and he reallllllyyyy didn't like to have his head touched.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2015, 10:33:54 AM »

Diane (who married Davey) was a c unt long before emerging into the spotlight with her antics.
Bad News Allen really was bad news and was basically the first nail in the coffin that killed Stampede.  (for using his fork on the Stomper in a match and piledriving the Stompers "son" onto the cement floor) A legit judo expert, pro black racist, and he reallllllyyyy didn't like to have his head touched.
Oh yes, absolutely.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2015, 11:26:22 AM »

I've expressed my disgust over Diana on this board before. Check out her "autobiography" sometime.

As for News, he was a legit bad-ass, but it seems to me that he took care of the people he liked and respected. Don Callis, who played "The Jackyl" in the Fed and was on ECW TV towards its end, has talked very candidly about Allen and has only good things to say about him.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2015, 05:31:10 AM »

I've expressed my disgust over Diana on this board before. Check out her "autobiography" sometime.

As for News, he was a legit bad-ass, but it seems to me that he took care of the people he liked and respected. Don Callis, who played "The Jackyl" in the Fed and was on ECW TV towards its end, has talked very candidly about Allen and has only good things to say about him.
I remember way back hearing stories of how he litterally challenged Andre the Giant to a real fight because Andre made a racist remark on a bus they were all riding. Andre would not leave his seat and later appoligized to Bad News.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2015, 12:10:23 PM »
I remember way back hearing stories of how he litterally challenged Andre the Giant to a real fight because Andre made a racist remark on a bus they were all riding. Andre would not leave his seat and later appoligized to Bad News.

Yeah! Callis told that story on one of Jericho's recent podcasts. I forget the exact details, but it was a good listen. Lance Storm was on the same episode - very entertaining.

Jericho also did another good one recently with Dean Malenko and Chavo Guerrero to commemorate the 10th anniversary of Eddie's passing.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2015, 01:04:52 PM »
BAD NEWS BROWN WAS OTHER NAME NO?HE WAS LEGIT ,FOUGHT IN THE ORIGINAL 90'S NO HOLDS BARRED ULTIMATE FIGHTING UFC EVENTS..

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2015, 03:20:17 PM »
BAD NEWS BROWN WAS OTHER NAME NO?HE WAS LEGIT ,FOUGHT IN THE ORIGINAL 90'S NO HOLDS BARRED ULTIMATE FIGHTING UFC EVENTS..

Yes, he went by Bad New Allen in Calgary.

He was a legit judoka, but I don't remember him competing in any UFC events.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2015, 01:56:02 PM »
I am sure we have all seen the match where Dynamite injured his back.  Well at the least the match where his back just finally gave out.  The original injury that put it all in motion was from having a match against Davey Boy and Davey lifted him up for a vertical suplex put was too exhausted and lost control, they both toppled over the top rope and Dynamite landed upside down, square on the edge of the ring apron with his lower back.   After that, it was all down hill.

Bret also told a story of when they were in Japan and wrestling a high profile match on the Japan tour.  They were in the mid card area of the matches, with more high profile matches to come.  They warned Dynamite not to get juice because they were saving that for the main event.  Before he walked down the aisle, they stopped him and searched him looking for hidden blades.   Convinced he was clean, they let him proceed to the ring.  Half way through the match, still pissed off being told what he could and couldn't do, he jammed his thumb all the way up his nose and popped it around.  Blood gushed out and the lower part of his face and chest were drenched in it.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2015, 02:07:05 PM »
I started a British Bulldog thread here eons ago, and I believe the first post contained the video showing Tom's back giving out in a match against the Dream Team.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2015, 02:13:11 PM »
guy was In great shape,lean and thickly built 'muscularity wise'no bloofy like Davey boy.looked hardcore like benoit all out on everything to push his craft ...

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2015, 02:15:59 PM »
guy was In great shape,lean and thickly built 'muscularity wise'no bloofy like Davey boy.looked hardcore like benoit all out on everything to push his craft ...

Who are you referring to, brother?

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2015, 02:16:31 PM »

Who are you referring to, brother?
dynamite kid..

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2015, 02:17:56 PM »

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2015, 04:41:39 AM »
I started a British Bulldog thread here eons ago, and I believe the first post contained the video showing Tom's back giving out in a match against the Dream Team.
He mangled it even more in late Nov 1986 in Hamilton Ontario in a match with Ace Orton and Moracco. Looked harmless too but it shelved him for 3 months and built up his dependancy on pain killers and somas.