Author Topic: Is HRT considered juicing.....  (Read 2850 times)

Mons Venus

Is HRT considered juicing.....
« on: May 16, 2009, 10:14:23 AM »
Is HRT is considered juicing if only used to bring a guy back to the normal physiological range?

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
Re: Is HRT considered juicing.....
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2009, 10:16:21 AM »
Insofar as it could make you sterile, yes.  You sure HRT is the answer?

Mons Venus

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2009, 10:42:58 AM »
Insofar as it could make you sterile, yes.  You sure HRT is the answer?
[/quote

Great response!  ::)

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2009, 12:01:24 PM »

It's a serious answer.  I thought you were asking because you had low test.  HRT is not a one size fits all treatment for hypogonadism.

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2009, 12:45:20 PM »
Is HRT is considered juicing if only used to bring a guy back to the normal physiological range?

can you continue to claim to be a natural bodybuilder?  no

btw, anything over 100 mg/week is not HRT

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2009, 12:51:15 PM »
can you continue to claim to be a natural bodybuilder?  no

btw, anything over 100 mg/week is not HRT

200 mg/wk is the "standard" dose most docs that specialize in HRT start with. 
Ron: "I am lazy."

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2009, 12:53:35 PM »
Actually 200mg/wk will take most people out of the normal range.  90-150mg/wk is typical for medically supervised HRT but it all depends on sx and bloodwork results.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2009, 01:08:52 PM »
Actually 200mg/wk will take most people out of the normal range.  90-150mg/wk is typical for medically supervised HRT but it all depends on sx and bloodwork results.

If you deal w a GP or an endo, they're always gonna be conservative.  "Anti aging" docs are fine giving 200. 

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2009, 01:14:17 PM »
Some are, some aren't, it depends on what they see with bloodwork.  Anti-aging practices have changed a lot in the past 5-6 yrs.  I know, with medical certainty, that 200 can be used but its less common because we often see the test going too high (particularly the free testosterone) or erythrocytosis over time.  Remember, this is long term treatment...for years, so its important to stay in the mid-upper normal ranges.

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2009, 01:44:45 PM »
If you deal w a GP or an endo, they're always gonna be conservative.  "Anti aging" docs are fine giving 200. 

"anti aging" docs are just trying to skirt around the 1990 law that makes it illegal for doctors to prescribe anabolic steroids for cosmetic or performance enhancing purposes.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2009, 02:00:56 PM »
"anti aging" docs are just trying to skirt around the 1990 law that makes it illegal for doctors to prescribe anabolic steroids for cosmetic or performance enhancing purposes.

Duh, but isn't that the point?  The anti-steroid laws were passed to prevent athletic cheating and teens juicing, not to prevent older people from improving their appearance.  Thus the loopholes are permitted.

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2009, 02:03:55 PM »
Duh, but isn't that the point?  The anti-steroid laws were passed to prevent athletic cheating and teens juicing, not to prevent older people from improving their appearance.  Thus the loopholes are permitted.

older people meaning anyone over 21?

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2009, 02:05:39 PM »
older people meaning anyone over 21?

Over 35.  Most of those docs won't prescribe test to anyone younger.

Dballn247

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • That's how I roll.
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2009, 02:10:00 PM »
Yes.....Test levels don't mean shit.  If you have to take exogenous test it is not natural.

Brutal rationalization attempt for justification of drug use.  If you want to take test just fuggin take it.  I love the people who say it's HRT or "Medicine." ::)
\

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2009, 03:06:36 PM »

250 even!  :D

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2009, 03:22:35 PM »

Of course it is!

Boost

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2009, 03:28:22 PM »
I think HRT is an American Phenomenom

I'd never heared of it until I started posting on here.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2009, 03:31:16 PM »
I think HRT is an American Phenomenom

I'd never heared of it until I started posting on here.

It's all the rage with 30 and 40 somethings.  A lot of women use it after menopause.  I used it in Aus for a short time... the male version, that is.

Boost

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2009, 03:33:45 PM »
How much does it typically cost?

Is it just a low dose of test every week?

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2009, 03:42:16 PM »
How much does it typically cost?

Is it just a low dose of test every week?

About Aus$12 (Organon, Schering) for a 250mg ampule + doctor's fees, if I remember right.  I can't understand why people look to underground sources for testosterone without even trying to see a doctor.

As far as true hrt goes, testosterone is over prescribed imo.  Most guy's nuts aren't dead.  There's other inhibiting factors that should be addressed instead of just hitting the hrt right away.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2009, 04:00:16 PM »
Brutal rationalization attempt for justification of drug use.  If you want to take test just fuggin take it.  I love the people who say it's HRT or "Medicine." ::)

The rationalization is necesary due to America's bullshit drug laws.  "HRT" is prescribed by a doctor, and therefore legal, and you know exactly what you're getting since you're buying from a licensed pharmacy.  Buying "steroids" from a gym dealer is illegal (meaning you could get busted for possessing it), and you have no fuccking clue what you're actually injecting.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2009, 04:07:52 PM »
The rationalization is necesary due to America's bullshit drug laws.  "HRT" is prescribed by a doctor, and therefore legal, and you know exactly what you're getting since you're buying from a licensed pharmacy.  Buying "steroids" from a gym dealer is illegal (meaning you could get busted for possessing it), and you have no fuccking clue what you're actually injecting.

This right here.  I don't know how guys can do it.

Dballn247

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • That's how I roll.
« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2009, 04:14:55 PM »

I just laugh at the folks who say they are taking their medicine, or this is what they would normally look like but their test levels are low.  If that is how they were supposed to look they would have been born that way.

I'm in no way against steroids, I've used the hell out of them (and probably have a cycle or twenty left in me), but these clowns make me laugh with their justifications.  If you take steroids, you're juicing.  You can call it HRT or what have you, but you're still juicing.
\

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2009, 04:22:31 PM »

From what I understand a lot of the hormones put together in compounding pharmacies, prescribed by anti-aging clinics, has been the same Chinese shit the UG steroid labs were buying. Same with the generic growth hormone.

If you're buying brand name American drugs then it's another matter.

Mons Venus

« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2009, 05:25:27 PM »
Yes.....Test levels don't mean shit.  If you have to take exogenous test it is not natural.

If you're only replacing lost T back to physiologic norm, I do not consider it juicing.

How many competitive bodybuilders use AndroGel as their ONLY anabolic source ?