Author Topic: Mentzer 1977 new pic?  (Read 13770 times)

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
Re: Mentzer 1977 new pic?
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2012, 05:50:41 PM »
Which described method do you mean with Labada's one?

100% correct about the progressive part. In order to make a muscle grow, it needs to get stronger. But that being said, there are multiple ways to put this into practise and increasing your load is just one of them. Anyway, PO is a main ingredient of HST. It's a very systematic & rational form of training. On the long run, it feels much better to vary the load from training to training; for the joints, CNS & DOMs.

this is labrada's method... "I took the middle way (2-4 sets for small body parts & 6-8 for large ones). Since of few months I do a push-pull split (again)"

he does a push-pull-legs 2on/1off split doing 2-4 sets for small body parts and 6-8 sets for large ones

the thing that i don't get about HST is why do the lighter workouts? i can't train easy, as it's just not in my nature, and i really don't see the point to it...

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2012, 05:52:18 PM »
Which described method do you mean with Labada's one?

100% correct about the progressive part. In order to make a muscle grow, it needs to get stronger. But that being said, there are multiple ways to put this into practise and increasing your load is just one of them. Anyway, PO is a main ingredient of HST. It's a very systematic & rational form of training. On the long run, it feels much better to vary the load from training to training; for the joints, CNS & DOMs.

by the way, what the fuck are you still doing up man? it's damn near 3 am here in europe dude ;D

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2012, 05:53:03 PM »
Yep. You got to get stronger to get bigger ok if can bench 100 lbs or 300 will you be bigger at 300?

That's the weird contradiction, a muscle needs to get stronger in order to grow, but a stronger muscle isn't necessary a bigger one. Take a look at weight lifters, for example. Weightlifters have optimized their fiber recruitment, while bodybuilders have optimized their fiber thickness.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2012, 05:57:51 PM »
That's the weird contradiction, a muscle needs to get stronger in order to grow, but a stronger muscle isn't necessary a bigger one. Take a look at weight lifters, for example. Weightlifters have optimized their fiber recruitment, while bodybuilders have optimized their fiber thickness.
Well it's about strict form,  Weightlifters "throw weights" it's about form my friend.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2012, 06:00:48 PM »

are you talking a 1 rep max or a work set of 6-8 reps?

yeah, you can increase 1 rep maxes somewhat through "certain techniques" like decreasing the distance the bar has to travel by using a wider grip and/or increasing the arch in your low back for the bench press as an example

but if you increase your training loads within say the 5-8 rep range then you will get larger muscles, and that's fact

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2012, 06:07:26 PM »
this is labrada's method... "I took the middle way (2-4 sets for small body parts & 6-8 for large ones). Since of few months I do a push-pull split (again)"

he does a push-pull-legs 2on/1off split doing 2-4 sets for small body parts and 6-8 sets for large ones

the thing that i don't get about HST is why do the lighter workouts? i can't train easy, as it's just not in my nature, and i really don't see the point to it...

Jep, I train pretty much that way, but I include quads on my push & hams on my pull day (I don't squad/deadlift because of my lower back spines).

I get what you mean. I'm used to train each working set to near/total failure, so it felt a little weird in the first week. But on the long run, I become overtrained (CNS), have continuous DOMs (esp in my lower back) and feel tired, so yes, this periodisation thing makes absolutely sense to me. And believe me, HST becomes heavy in no time. The first week of a rep range is an easy one, but the seconds one is a tough one. You will be thankfull that they included a 2 week full rest/light cardio period at the end of the cycle, LOL

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2012, 06:10:21 PM »
by the way, what the fuck are you still doing up man? it's damn near 3 am here in europe dude ;D

Some programming work in the background, I can't do that during the day. I'm an owl  ;D
And WTH are you doing, no hot Polka chick waiting for you? :P

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #32 on: October 07, 2012, 06:12:48 PM »
Well it's about strict form,  Weightlifters "throw weights" it's about form my friend.

Truth, but tell that to an average gym rat. They only think about how much they can "lift"  :-\

are you talking a 1 rep max or a work set of 6-8 reps?

yeah, you can increase 1 rep maxes somewhat through "certain techniques" like decreasing the distance the bar has to travel by using a wider grip and/or increasing the arch in your low back for the bench press as an example

but if you increase your training loads within say the 5-8 rep range then you will get larger muscles, and that's fact

Damn true, another wise man  :D

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #33 on: October 07, 2012, 06:14:19 PM »
Some programming work in the background, I can't do that during the day. I'm an owl  ;D
And WTH are you doing, no hot Polka chick waiting for you? :P

tonite i'm all by my lomesome, but tomorrow night i'll be getting me a little something-something ;D

also, i've got me a new female student this week, so maybe she'll be some nice assed little hottie, i sure as hell hope so :P

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: October 07, 2012, 06:17:20 PM »
If you ever have lower back issues it always comes back, I fucked mine up doing heavy Deads like 600 lbs but I got a suggestion from a Chiropractor on sitting and twisting my back when it hurts and it works.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #35 on: October 07, 2012, 06:27:02 PM »
If you ever have lower back issues it always comes back, I fucked mine up doing heavy Deads like 600 lbs but I got a suggestion from a Chiropractor on sitting and twisting my back when it hurts and it works.

That's a good suggestion. I perform similar movements on the floor as a warm up. They're like foam rolls without foam (wish we had those).
It might ease the pain, but no back is build for heavy ass deads on the long run. Sooner or later, you need to pay the bill...

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #36 on: October 07, 2012, 06:33:23 PM »
Truth, but tell that to an average gym rat. They only think about how much they can "lift"  :-\

Damn true, another wise man  :D

but dk told me that i'm the dumbest guy on the internet :D :D :D

but i guess that i always did want to be the best at something lol

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: October 07, 2012, 06:36:37 PM »
That's a good suggestion. I perform similar movements on the floor as a warm up. They're like foam rolls without foam (wish we had those).
It might ease the pain, but no back is build for heavy ass deads on the long run. Sooner or later, you need to pay the bill...
Yep spot on. Mine doesnt bother me all the time just now and then I fucked it up powerlifting. But I can sit in a chair and twist it and it fixes works every time, I train people and if back issues give them problems I give them same advice works everytime. Yea the floor works to I assume you lay flat and twist from one side to the other?

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #38 on: October 07, 2012, 06:39:34 PM »
but dk told me that i'm the dumbest guy on the internet :D :D :D

but i guess that i always did want to be the best at something lol

DK is prob a typical Jap, calm in real life, but an ass behind his screen once someone has it wrong in his opinion. He's a smart fucker, but can be very childish with his big mouth.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #39 on: October 07, 2012, 06:42:12 PM »
DK is prob a typical Jap, calm in real life, but an ass behind his screen once someone has it wrong in his opinion. He's a smart fucker, but can be very childish with his big mouth.

actually he's a white German, and probably a blue-eyed blondie to boot SLURP! :P :P :P

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #40 on: October 07, 2012, 06:47:30 PM »
Yep spot on. Mine doesnt bother me all the time just now and then I fucked it up powerlifting. But I can sit in a chair and twist it and it fixes works every time, I train people and if back issues give them problems I give them same advice works everytime. Yea the floor works to I assume you lay flat and twist from one side to the other?

What are you doing, a sacro-iliac self adjustment?

Viking11

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #41 on: October 07, 2012, 06:48:33 PM »
Damn.
photo is stretched sideways. I'm surprised no one said anything.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #42 on: October 07, 2012, 06:50:37 PM »

I do several ground movements. I'll start with "rolling sit ups" (I'll try to be creative, LOL), then I make little circles with both knees, then some foam-like rolls with only my left/right lower back or shoulder on the floor (so four variations). They really help to warm up my back and I start every workout this way. All of this is partly intuitive / partly inspired by a Mensendieck therapist.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: October 07, 2012, 06:52:03 PM »

What are you doing, a sacro-iliac self adjustment?
Yes. Cross your leg turn head opposite direction and pull on a chair or bench.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #44 on: October 07, 2012, 06:56:15 PM »
actually he's a white German, and probably a blue-eyed blondie to boot SLURP! :P :P :P

You mean DKII, right? Kidding or sarcasm? AFAIK he once posted a vid of him and his wife/fiance, long time ago. He was a fatso in that vid with an arrogant smile on his face.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #45 on: October 07, 2012, 06:57:32 PM »
You mean DKII, right? Kidding or sarcasm? AFAIK he once posted a vid of him and his wife/fiance, long time ago. He was a fatso in that vid with an arrogant smile on his face.

yeah, i'm talking about DKII

so he's an asian toad?

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #46 on: October 07, 2012, 06:58:24 PM »

Good one, I just tried it. I own you a beer  ;D

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #47 on: October 07, 2012, 07:00:30 PM »
yeah, i'm talking about DKII

so he's an asian toad?

I'm pretty sure he is, but I know he loves blonde pussy.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #48 on: October 07, 2012, 07:01:43 PM »

I accidentally discovered I could self-adjust that way after my old chiro had me lay in position on the table, and I felt the "pop" before he even touched me. I then discovered the chair method just stretching the one day.

It definitely works, but I feel that an actual chiropractic adjustment is usually a bit more thorough.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #49 on: October 07, 2012, 07:04:05 PM »
I'm pretty sure he is, but I know he loves blonde pussy.

??? ??? ???

so he's an asian toad who claims to be a german living in japan with an asian wife but he lusts after blonde pussy ??? ??? ???