Author Topic: Bob Paris: speaking the truth - 1986  (Read 40693 times)

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
Re: Bob Paris: speaking the truth - 1986
« Reply #50 on: February 26, 2011, 04:08:27 PM »
You could argue that Flex had very poor symmetry yet was very pleasing aesthetically.

He was like Heath. Block out the arms in any pic and see how small they become.

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: February 26, 2011, 04:10:21 PM »
Bob Paris looked great from the front 1983-1988 but he never had a great back ever and post 1988 he overdeveloped his legs and hips which made his back look even worse.

Great shape from the front though.

Bam-bam

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: February 26, 2011, 04:13:07 PM »
nice pool, they probably were in his sponsors house and had epic private sessions there many times  :-X ;D

Cableguy

• Getbig IV
  • Cableguy no longer...
Re: Bob Paris: speaking the truth
« Reply #53 on: February 26, 2011, 04:23:40 PM »
Gaspari probably made the most out of his genetics out of any bodybuilder ever. I think 3 2nd places at the Olympia. :o He was good but you could easily think of dozens of bodybuilders who theoretically were much better bodybuilders yet never even made it to the pros.

Yup, I agree.

Cableguy

• Getbig IV
  • Cableguy no longer...
« Reply #54 on: February 26, 2011, 04:25:57 PM »
Surely there must be some objective standard to abuse. It someone eats themselves to a 450 lbs mass of fat can we say they abuse food? They featured this lady who self applied those derma fillers that are used for wrinkles and her face was a bloated mess. She actually looked pretty good when she just started the wrinkle treatment. Downing a few beers on weekends versus someone who gets drunk everyday?

Anabolic hormones/HG can be very healthy if properly use. It makes you a better you -- at least physically. When it gets to the point where compromises your health then maybe we can define that as abuse.I love advil. When I take it I'm like a new man by the next day. But I only use it when it gets to the point where pain and stiffness has a marked effect on my day to day life. If there were no side effects I'd be on that stuff year round. (Speaking of which, any update to that study you posted way back when on advil actually having positive effects on hypertrophy?)

Just like anything in life, moderation is the key.

Cableguy

• Getbig IV
  • Cableguy no longer...
« Reply #55 on: February 26, 2011, 04:27:25 PM »
Bob Paris was fantastic.

Another point, if I may.  Has anyone else noticed how comparatively articulate Bob, Mike, Rich and Tom were in those interviews?  Especially so in light of the absolute morons we have today.  Coleman is a mental eunuch incapable of expressing himself and he is just one example and to be honest perhaps the most egregious amongst today's bodydoping retards, but still...What the fuck?  Morons the lot of them. 

Plus today's chumpions train with a very limited range of motion.  Contrast that with the majority of the men of the 40s through theearly 90s.  There is more to life than weight training, but when looking at the posers of today it would seem that there is less to them than meets the eye.  Especially if you hear them talk.

Good post...

Cableguy

• Getbig IV
  • Cableguy no longer...
« Reply #56 on: February 26, 2011, 04:31:25 PM »
Homosexuals who love hypermasculinity.

Anyone in particular come to mind?

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #57 on: February 26, 2011, 04:54:25 PM »
I'm just making a point. That aesthetic ideals differ. That was Gironda's ideal. He was against squats because they gave you a big ass and turnip shaped thighs. Someone else may think a small ass is ugly as hell, man or woman. :D

It was his genetics that gave him those proportions, for the most part, and not training.

For me it's not so much the size of the ass but is it tight enough to bounce a quarter off of.

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #58 on: February 26, 2011, 05:22:06 PM »
This is the ideal. It should have stopped there. Much better than the chemical look of Bob Paris et al.

All cigars and alcohol...

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: February 26, 2011, 05:22:54 PM »
"bodybuilding" was gay, it still is. Nothing changed.

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: February 26, 2011, 07:02:03 PM »
This is the ideal. It should have stopped there. Much better than the chemical look of Bob Paris et al.

Hahaa

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #61 on: February 26, 2011, 07:11:59 PM »
For me it's not so much the size of the ass but is it tight enough to bounce a quarter off of.
Trolling for Sev!? I think your bait's a tad large.   ;D

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: February 26, 2011, 07:15:53 PM »
Thighs should not be bulbuous, they should measure the same at the top as at the knee.

Haha WTF

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #63 on: February 26, 2011, 09:08:44 PM »
He was 6' 220 lbs.

He was probably on the typical gymrat cycle.

It's all about sculpting the physique and putting the mass in the right areas like Zane.

Check out what he looks like today. His body today gives a hint at the amount of abuse he did during his bodybuilding days. His body today is his natural body. Probably 170 pound tops. 6'0 170 ::) This man took a boat load of gear in his day. Hell he's smaller than Tom Prince today.

www.bobparis.com

Sam

• Getbig IV
  • I just shoot the bastards.....Thats my policy!
« Reply #64 on: February 26, 2011, 09:12:05 PM »
Bob had one of the most amazing physiques of all time. However he was a deep and troubled young man who without question had difficulty justifing steroid use and the whole moral issue around a grown man just lifting weights for a living.Couple this with a very tempestious relationship with joe weider regarding how bobs sexuality was portrayed in the mags, it is little wonder the gave up at 33.

I still think his best shape may have been when he won the 1983 nationals.

[/youtube]

For those of you interested, Bobs book ''Gorilla Suit'' is a very insightful look at how he viewed Bodybuilding.

GroinkTropin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #65 on: February 26, 2011, 09:42:28 PM »
Bob had one of the most amazing physiques of all time. However he was a deep and troubled young man who without question had difficulty justifing steroid use and the whole moral issue around a grown man just lifting weights for a living.Couple this with a very tempestious relationship with joe weider regarding how bobs sexuality was portrayed in the mags, it is little wonder the gave up at 33.

I still think his best shape may have been when he won the 1983 nationals.

[/youtube]

For those of you interested, Bobs book ''Gorilla Suit'' is a very insightful look at how he viewed Bodybuilding.

You know Bob Paris definitely had to be screwed in bbing to retire at 33. I can only imagine, being gay yet portrayed like a ladie's man in the magazines, having to take steroids to put on the required mass to compete. Guy probably HATES bodybuilding now.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: February 26, 2011, 09:44:26 PM »
You know Bob Paris definitely had to be screwed in bbing to retire at 33. I can only imagine, being gay yet portrayed like a ladie's man in the magazines, having to take steroids to put on the required mass to compete. Guy probably HATES bodybuilding now.

Didn't Lee Haney retire at 31-32?

Sam

• Getbig IV
« Reply #67 on: February 26, 2011, 09:46:16 PM »

Being portrayed as the ladies man was a massive problem for Bob - Him and Joe Weider used to argue all the time over it. Bob did think of a comeback when he was 35 but after contacting Weider about possible sponsership, Weider was uncommital and Bob decided to go down a different path and not bother with BB.

Sam

• Getbig IV
« Reply #68 on: February 26, 2011, 09:47:25 PM »
Didn't Lee Haney retire at 31-32?

Yes he did - I think Haney was 33 when he called it a day.

Jadeveon Clowney

• Getbig V
  • The life is like a case of chocolate bonbon.
« Reply #69 on: February 26, 2011, 09:48:32 PM »
Yes he did - I think Haney was 33 when he called it a day.

OMG, just like Jesus Christ!

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: February 26, 2011, 09:50:06 PM »
Being portrayed as the ladies man was a massive problem for Bob - Him and Joe Weider used to argue all the time over it. Bob did think of a comeback when he was 35 but after contacting Weider about possible sponsership, Weider was uncommital and Bob decided to go down a different path and not bother with BB.

And now he goes on Oprah(a woman living in the closet) to spin his tales. Isn't that ironic?

Jadeveon Clowney

• Getbig V
  • The life is like a case of chocolate bonbon.
« Reply #71 on: February 26, 2011, 09:57:16 PM »
lol, Bob Paris was on Orpah?

GroinkTropin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #72 on: February 26, 2011, 10:28:29 PM »
lol, Bob Paris was on Orpah?

Yeah recently too. I think he is a life wellness speaker now or something. Good for him, guy looks great for his age.

WAWY

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #73 on: February 26, 2011, 10:36:45 PM »
Check out what he looks like today. His body today gives a hint at the amount of abuse he did during his bodybuilding days. His body today is his natural body. Probably 170 pound tops. 6'0 170 ::) This man took a boat load of gear in his day. Hell he's smaller than Tom Prince today.

www.bobparis.com

Looks alright - just real lean...

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #74 on: February 26, 2011, 10:39:31 PM »
You could argue that Flex had very poor symmetry yet was very pleasing aesthetically.

He was like Heath. Block out the arms in any pic and see how small they become.