Author Topic: Should candidates have to disclose tax returns?  (Read 2446 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Should candidates have to disclose tax returns?
« on: January 20, 2012, 09:50:41 AM »
Newt released.  Romney will release, but isn't crazy about it.  Santorum will when he gets around to it.  Paul said no.

Why is this important?  I understand the need to make financial disclosures, but seems like the issues should be whether all required taxes are paid, whether there are conflicts of interest, etc.  Sounds like a manufactured issue to me.

http://www.cnn.com/video/?hpt=hp_c2#/video/politics/2012/01/19/south-carolina-debate-candidates-tax-records.cnn

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: Should candidates have to disclose tax returns?
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2012, 09:56:53 AM »
i don't think so, but i know most will disagree. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2012, 10:01:40 AM »
depends.  ew all were itching to see bill's financials when hilary was running for president.  Did he recieve millions of dollars from leaders of other nations?  disclosure is important.

IMO, if a person wants to lead the country and control so much of our lives, we should et everything.  none of that 1-paragraph note from their doc that all is well.  None of that 'you can't see my college transcripts'.

if you wanna be president, with control of nukes and abilitty to essentiall end the world by starting nuclear wars... then yes, I wanna see if you took "intro to communism" in 1990something or if your wife was given $100 mil from someone leader in the middle east.

the more open the better.  paul should release his.  so should the rest of them..  And obama should release his too.

I do not understand why any american would support any candidate having so many secrets.  they're running for power to END THE WORLD.  serious shit, ya know?  Maybe what they did in their formative years DOES matter.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2012, 10:27:27 AM »
I dont believe so.
What the hell does their tax returns have to do with the decisions they make in office?
Jesus Christ were getting out of hand, some of the best presidents in history were notoriously "immoral" outside of office, didnt stop them from making the right decisions when they needed to.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2012, 10:35:42 AM »
I dont believe so.
What the hell does their tax returns have to do with the decisions they make in office?
Jesus Christ were getting out of hand, some of the best presidents in history were notoriously "immoral" outside of office, didnt stop them from making the right decisions when they needed to.

What IF they received huge piles of money from foreign govts?
What IF some company paid them $millions per year for a no-show job?

Money = motive.  You run a background check on a person wanting to be your pool guy, in case he did 5 years for B&E.  but you don't want to konw who made your president a millionaire?

sheesh!

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2012, 10:39:26 AM »

Money = motive.  You run a background check on a person wanting to be your pool guy, in case he did 5 years for B&E.  but you don't want to konw who made your president a millionaire?

sheesh!

We have one as potus right now who fits your bill. 

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2012, 10:44:06 AM »
I dont believe so.

The financial world has changed dramatically since the "good old days" you are thinking of.  Where a candidate gets his money and how he handles it is something the public should have access to.  If you don't want to pay attention to such matters fine, you don't have to.  Others of us want to know so we can judge accordingly.

In the past few debates Romney has made repeated references to, and quoted his, father (who was a governor) for the political views he held and advice he gave.  Back in the day, his father specifically released 12 years of tax returns and said he believed candidates must that because a tax return for just one year could be very misleading.  To see Romney stammer at the prospect of releasing his own returns is painful . . .

The returns (for at least 5 years) should be released forthwith.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2012, 10:44:21 AM »
We have one as potus right now who fits your bill.  

agreeed - we should have seen high school, undergrad, and grad school EVERYHING>  

cause the man wants a job that directly influences our lives, income, ecnoomy, family, and safety.

So YES - very deep vetting SHOULD be required.  NO WAY should america have settled for 1 paragraph from mccain's doctor.  unreal. you get guys like JFK, doped up 24/7 over a bad back, making stoned decisions.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2012, 11:18:48 AM »
The financial world has changed dramatically since the "good old days" you are thinking of.  Where a candidate gets his money and how he handles it is something the public should have access to.  If you don't want to pay attention to such matters fine, you don't have to.  Others of us want to know so we can judge accordingly.

In the past few debates Romney has made repeated references to, and quoted his, father (who was a governor) for the political views he held and advice he gave.  Back in the day, his father specifically released 12 years of tax returns and said he believed candidates must that because a tax return for just one year could be very misleading.  To see Romney stammer at the prospect of releasing his own returns is painful . . .

He did not handle the tax questions well at all. 

Still, it's not like tax returns will reveal some sort of wrongdoing.  I think people just want to get a big AGI number and use it to play class warfare. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2012, 11:21:09 AM »
agreeed - we should have seen high school, undergrad, and grad school EVERYHING>  

cause the man wants a job that directly influences our lives, income, ecnoomy, family, and safety.

So YES - very deep vetting SHOULD be required.  NO WAY should america have settled for 1 paragraph from mccain's doctor.  unreal. you get guys like JFK, doped up 24/7 over a bad back, making stoned decisions.

so it was ok ib\n 2008 but not now?   correct? 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2012, 11:32:21 AM »
obama should release everything.  all presidential candidates should.  It should be the standard.  period. 

the current system allows them to just hide anything bad.  We don't know if mccain was sicker than he let on, what obama's lungs and college transcripts looked like.

that MATTERS. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2012, 11:34:28 AM »
obama should release everything.  all presidential candidates should.  It should be the standard.  period. 

the current system allows them to just hide anything bad.  We don't know if mccain was sicker than he let on, what obama's lungs and college transcripts looked like.

that MATTERS. 

Only in 2012 correct?   In 2008 - "We Did It" right? 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2012, 11:38:45 AM »
we = american majority = voted out the neocons who inadequately investigated 911.  you betcha.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2012, 11:39:25 AM »
we = american majority = voted out the neocons who inadequately investigated 911.  you betcha.

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

are you kidding? 

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2012, 12:47:52 PM »

sheesh!

This.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2012, 12:50:40 PM »
This.

Funny how delusional communist obamabots like yourself seek to hold everyone else to standards you never held for obama in 2008.   

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2012, 01:11:19 PM »
Where have I ever given Obama a free pass on tax returns?  Show me you stupid bitch.  Or else just continue to cry and whine like you do all day long.  Fucking little pussy.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2012, 01:12:14 PM »
Where have I ever given Obama a free pass on tax returns?  Show me you stupid bitch.  Or else just continue to cry and whine like you do all day long.  Fucking little pussy.

LOL.   Do you want a list of items your ghetto messiah refuses to reveal? 

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2012, 01:13:24 PM »
No.  I want a list of things I gave him a pass on.

Post up bitch where I ever said it was ok.  Or continue to meltdown like the little nobody you are.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2012, 01:14:43 PM »
No.  I want a list of things I gave him a pass on.

Post up bitch where I ever said it was ok.  Or continue to meltdown like the little nobody you are.

LOL.   You have never said so much as a peep as to obama hiding his past along with that mess of a wife of his.   

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2012, 01:16:40 PM »
Show me where or continue your bullshit as usual.  Can't do it can you?  Just one more time you get talking bullshit.  No surprise.

Got a big weekend of posting on Getbig with your imaginary girlfriend sitting besides you?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2012, 01:18:00 PM »
Original, vault copy birth certificate — Not released (lawyers’ fees greater than $2,000,000 ~ birth certificate is $15)

Certification of Live Birth — Released — Counterfeit

Amended Certification of Live Birth — Released — Counterfeit

Obama/Dunham marriage license — Not released (if one exists)

Obama/Dunham divorce — Released (by independent investigators)

Noelani Kindergarten records — Records lost (this is a big one — read two frames)

Soetoro/Dunham marriage license — Not released

Soetoro adoption records — Not released

Fransiskus Assisi School School application — Released (by independent investigators)

Punahou School application — Missing

Punahou School records — Not released

Noelani 3rd Grade records — Not released

Soetoro/Dunham divorce — Released (by independent investigators)

Selective Service Registration — Released — Under suspicion

Social Security Number — Released (by independent investigators) — Under suspicion

Occidental College records — Not released

Financial Aid Records — Not released

Passport — Not released and records scrubbed clean by Obama’s terrorism and intelligence adviser

Columbia College records — Not released

Columbia thesis — “Soviet Nuclear Disarmament” — Not released

Harvard College records — Not released

Harvard Law Review articles — None

Illinois Bar Records — Not released

Baptism certificate — None

Medical records — Not released — nor is the source of this nasty scar

Illinois State Senate records — None

Illinois State Senate schedule — Lost

Law practice client list — Not released

University of Chicago scholarly articles — None

The Blagojevich Interview — judge denies access to the FBI report

The Illinois State Archives told Judicial Watch that they never received any request from Senator Obama to archive any records in his possession.

In 2007, Obama told Tim Russert that his records were “not kept.”

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2012, 01:18:51 PM »
Show me where or continue your bullshit as usual.  Can't do it can you?  Just one more time you get talking bullshit.  No surprise.

Got a big weekend of posting on Getbig with your imaginary girlfriend sitting besides you?

Answer.

How's your imaginary gf feel about your Occupy Getbig efforts?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2012, 01:21:50 PM »
lolzer at
Noelani 3rd Grade records — Not released

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2012, 02:12:49 PM »

Yeah, I have to admit Im wrong on this one, the more I think about it the more I agree with you guys... I get really pissed when they act like certain bad things that have happened in the past are indicative of someones ability to lead, or how they live their personal lives, juding them based on open relationships, etc.

But the more I think about it, the more I realize you guys are right... where money comes from, who gives it, how much they recieve, and the actions they make because of it will speak volumes on their ability to lead and how corrupt they will be if they get into office.