Author Topic: Case #2:"TWEETER" Adonis Principles in Action  (Read 55541 times)

beatmaster

• Getbig IV
  • Save a tree, eat a beaver
Re: CASE STUDY 2: THE ADONIS PRINCIPLES IN ACTION "TWEETER"
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2007, 11:22:15 PM »

ta, for a good chalenge it should be a fatso someone obese, now if you can do something with someone like that, that will be amazing........
are you delusional?

nycbull

• Getbig V
  • Team Jay Should Have Won
« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2007, 05:41:07 AM »
TA, congratulations on your new pupil. He doesnt know how lucky he is.

ripitupbaby

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • 2010 Olympia Pro Powerlifting Champ
« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2007, 06:51:47 AM »
Tweeter, good luck.  You should do some cardio to keep yourself healthier. 
It'll make you feel better, esp if you're going to eat Bic Macs and Krispy Kremes.   ;)

TA, how do you plan on differentiating between muscle loss and fat loss?  You've said that your principles result in zero muscle loss.  This guy actually has some muscle, so I'm curious.

:)

benjamin pearson

• Getbig IV
  • Dan18 has a huge forehead
« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2007, 08:57:27 AM »
I don't believe Migzi can be used as he was dancing all the weight off

Monster_Everything

• Getbig IV
  • WOW, he REALLY just said that? (looks at camera)
« Reply #29 on: January 30, 2007, 09:00:25 AM »
Tweeter,

If your either fat or cut.....in both instances you have no muscle. Lift hard, heavy and sleep.

Jaejonna.

If you learn to lift from a penguin more than likely you will look like that penguin.
The Number 2 in Scranton

donrhummy

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #30 on: January 30, 2007, 09:15:37 AM »
Cardio is not necessary to get ripped.  3-5 percent.

Cardio does provide GREAT benefits though on the circulatory system.  Tweeter has indicated that he does not want to do cardio, so therefore he doesn`t have to do it.

yes, isn't it great that health has absolutely nothing to do with it?  ::) Nothing better than looking like a million bucks when your heart gives out.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #31 on: January 30, 2007, 09:17:02 AM »
Tweeter,

If your either fat or cut.....in both instances you have no muscle. Lift hard, heavy and sleep.

Jaejonna.

If you learn to lift from a penguin more than likely you will look like that penguin.

I'm not a big fan of T.A.'s principles but physique wise you have NO room to talk

BigCypriate

• Getbig IV
  • F****n Peasants!
« Reply #32 on: January 30, 2007, 09:17:31 AM »
I know some of you guys had some questions in regards to cardio. I do walk quite a bit going to class each day as I live off campus, so its not like I am not exerting any physical energy outside of the gym. Also, I do like to swim maybe once or twice a week so I will continue to do that; I will basically just do that same stuff I have always done w/out throwing any new variables into the mix. I am looking forward to this diet and feel that it will be succesful. Also, keep in mind that I have dieting the traditional way before to get into shape for a contest; therefore, I will be able to make a comparison unlike many other people. Just for reference, here is a picture of the best shape I got into when dieting the traditional way; I plan to easily surpass this though. Also note that I was absolutely miserable doing this diet; I had no energy in the gym, constantly craved sweets, and just couldn't wait for the diet to be over. I was forcing chicken breasts down my mouth and almost threw them back up on occasion.

You were a monster!!!

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #33 on: January 30, 2007, 10:33:07 AM »
I'm not a big fan of T.A.'s principles but physique wise you have NO room to talk
I would shit on your one arm groinky the pig...
L

ripitupbaby

• Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: January 30, 2007, 10:40:16 AM »
I'll keep you guys posted on how much, if any, my strength varies from week to week. That should give a decent idea of whether or not I am losing muscle. That being said, losing weight has always been my problem, not retaining muscle. I will still be working out 5 times a week, with an average of 30 sets or more per workout.

I don't think that guaging muscle loss/fat loss on how you feel when you work out and whether or not you're pushing the same weight is very helpful.   Feeling "weak" doesn't always mean that you are losing muscle.

Is there perhaps a more "scientific" way that can be utilized in this case study?

ripitupbaby

• Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: January 30, 2007, 10:53:55 AM »
Well, I guess I could get my bodyfat calculated and then determine the pounds of muscle I have on my frame and then repeat the process every so often to see if it changes. I will ask TA what he thinks later.

Oh, I'm sure we'll hear what TA thinks... ;)

I don't really think that the BF calculators and measurements are very accurate, but they can serve as another useful indicator IF the same person measures you the same way every time and you pay less attention to the number itself and more attention to directionality.
I suppose it could be helpful in this instance, although I really don't know what the best way may be to guage muscle loss versus fat loss.

But one of the problems I have with TA's theories is that yes, I agree you will lose weight in a calorie deficit, no matter what the calories you are taking in are composed of.  BUT, I am not convinced at all that 100% of the weight you lose is fat...I don't see how it can be, given the way your body processes and utilizes certain nutrients. 

Good Luck to you.

chainsaw

• Getbig IV
« Reply #36 on: January 30, 2007, 11:09:32 AM »
On the MD board, it was supposed to be someone %40-%50 bodyfat.  This guy will lose the weight, but won't gain muscle if there is not enough protein.
Most are all show no go!

ripitupbaby

• Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: January 30, 2007, 11:29:56 AM »
On the MD board, it was supposed to be someone %40-%50 bodyfat.  This guy will lose the weight, but won't gain muscle if there is not enough protein.

Losing weight and gaining muscle at the same time is quite a feat to do naturally, no?

I'm less interested in how TA's plan works for someone who is THAT high in BF...you can't tell if that person loses muscle because he hardly had any to begin with!  Not to mention that even if he loses muscle, it'll be an improvement...

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #38 on: January 30, 2007, 11:43:02 AM »
I'll keep you guys posted on how much, if any, my strength varies from week to week. That should give a decent idea of whether or not I am losing muscle. That being said, losing weight has always been my problem, not retaining muscle. I will still be working out 5 times a week, with an average of 30 sets or more per workout.

That is NOT an indication at all.

The ability to move more weight when one is considerably larger is due to the fact of being a better mechanical lever and also a differing center of gravity.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: January 30, 2007, 11:47:25 AM »

Losing weight and gaining muscle at the same time is quite a feat to do naturally, no?

I'm less interested in how TA's plan works for someone who is THAT high in BF...you can't tell if that person loses muscle because he hardly had any to begin with!  Not to mention that even if he loses muscle, it'll be an improvement...

He has ALOT of muscle.
You are either too quick to judge, or you simply cannot see it.

I can give you some NASA studies on muscle atrophy if you are interested and how near impossible it is to lose when subjected to resistance training on earth.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: January 30, 2007, 11:49:44 AM »
Yes, this makes sense. I will still keep people posted on how my strength changes. I used to lose a lot of strength when dieting the traditional way, so I will see how this compares.

This is another reason why Perma-Bulkers can never bring themselves to diet or diet all the way.

They ALL lose their lifting poundages, save for some of the midgets as they are more inclined to be a better mechanical lever anyway.

But the Perma-bulker are convinced that they are losing muscle which is hillarious.  In effect, they are actually getting stronger because of power to weight.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: January 30, 2007, 11:51:17 AM »

I have a request from someone who is 70 percent.

That will be fun.

ripitupbaby

• Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: January 30, 2007, 11:58:07 AM »
I have a request from someone who is 70 percent.

That will be fun.

And are you going to tell me that this guy has A LOT of muscle too?

Just for shits and giggles, HOW DO you plan on differentiating between muscle loss and fat loss?  Should tweeter get someone to take his measurements for him regularly?

Board_SHERIF

• Getbig V
  • UK Independence Party
« Reply #43 on: January 30, 2007, 12:04:56 PM »
My digital scale has a bodyfat calculator built into it but I am not sure how accurate it is. However, I would think as long as I measure it the same way each time and simply look at the difference, it would be fairly accurate.

I though those digital scales based their bodyfat reading on average height and weight ratios - not truly on the actual person on the scale...
K

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
« Reply #44 on: January 30, 2007, 12:07:25 PM »
My digital scale has a bodyfat calculator built into it but I am not sure how accurate it is. However, I would think as long as I measure it the same way each time and simply look at the difference, it would be fairly accurate.

those scales are useless..measure before you go to bed and when you wake up, you will see what I mean

also before and after taking a dump  :)

lol, also before and after sex
Here comes the money shot

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: January 30, 2007, 12:10:07 PM »

And are you going to tell me that this guy has A LOT of muscle too?

Just for shits and giggles, HOW DO you plan on differentiating between muscle loss and fat loss?  Should tweeter get someone to take his measurements for him regularly?

The best comparison is for Tweeter to compare it to his old diet.

But even that doesn`t matter.

It is VERY,VERY,VERY,VERY difficult to lose muscle on earth unless one is bed-ridden,immobile, or suffers from some wasting disease.

Heavy weight training prevents this in its entirety, not to mention that Tweeter is regularly eating.

The only way to tell is a biopsy or an electron/laser X-Ray.   The other methods are useless.  Even DEXA is useless.

ripitupbaby

• Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: January 30, 2007, 12:12:53 PM »
OK, good luck tweeter.

LOL soooo true about those electronic scales with the BF calculators in them!

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
  • http://www.liftstudios.com
« Reply #47 on: January 30, 2007, 12:13:39 PM »
tweeter - sign up for a Bodyspace account and document it all there. Let's see your progress.

http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com

Elevate Your Image.™

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #48 on: January 30, 2007, 12:14:59 PM »
How are you going to tell if he lost muscle and what are your plans 3-4 days before the show?

Board_SHERIF

• Getbig V
  • UK Independence Party
« Reply #49 on: January 30, 2007, 12:16:19 PM »
those scales are useless..measure before you go to bed and when you wake up, you will see what I mean

also before and after taking a dump  :)

lol, also before and after sex

ok - maybe they have a random Algorithm in them that spits out a different number each time...
K