Author Topic: Which getbigger has the biggest arms?  (Read 12009 times)

The Luke

• Getbig IV
  • What's that in the bushes?
Re: Which getbigger has the biggest arms?
« Reply #75 on: November 15, 2007, 08:45:02 AM »
WisconsinBB,

That pic looks a little suspicious... I count only 9 one inch increments visible on the tape, another nine on the outside of the arm, plus an inch for good measure makes that a 19 inch arm. Either you have a huge outer head to your triceps... or you pegged the tape to sneak in an extra inch or two.

Kinda reminds me of the Greg Kovacs 25'' arm picture... there were only nine increments visible (meaning a twenty inch arm at most).

Not calling "bullshit".... but I am calling "slack tape"

The Luke

Lord Humungous

• Getbig V
  • REVOLUTION CALLING!
« Reply #76 on: November 15, 2007, 08:45:28 AM »
thanks, i just go for the health look these days, the years of heavy lifting has taken a toll on my joints. ;D

Not to mention it wrecked your tender anus
X

wisconsinBB

• Getbig IV
  • Sweep The Leg!
« Reply #77 on: November 15, 2007, 08:54:03 AM »
WisconsinBB,

That pic looks a little suspicious... I count only 9 one inch increments visible on the tape, another nine on the outside of the arm, plus an inch for good measure makes that a 19 inch arm. Either you have a huge outer head to your triceps... or you pegged the tape to sneak in an extra inch or two.

Kinda reminds me of the Greg Kovacs 25'' arm picture... there were only nine increments visible (meaning a twenty inch arm at most).

The Luke

A tape measure only has 7 increments inbetween each inch.  1/8, 1/4, 3/8, 1/2, 5/8, 3/4, 7/8.   Where do you suppose I would get a tape measure that is made only for bodybuilders to make BS claims about how big they are?  I do have pretty good triceps, as does anyone with 21" arms.  Here's a tricep shot from 2 years ago, when I was much smaller than I am now. 

wisconsinBB

• Getbig IV
  • Sweep The Leg!
« Reply #78 on: November 15, 2007, 08:59:14 AM »
WisconsinBB,

The Luke

Oh, one more thing, if you think Kovacs only had 20 inch arms, you are just plain retarded.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: November 15, 2007, 08:59:48 AM »

A tape measure only has 7 increments inbetween each inch.  1/8, 1/4, 3/8, 1/2, 5/8, 3/4, 7/8.   Where do you suppose I would get a tape measure that is made only for bodybuilders to make BS claims about how big they are?  I do have pretty good triceps, as does anyone with 21" arms.  Here's a tricep shot from 2 years ago, when I was much smaller than I am now. 
just for the record, i beleive Wisconsin's arms are EVERY BIT of 21 inches.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: November 15, 2007, 09:01:25 AM »

who cares man you're a huge dude, i believe you. I think "The Luke" has too much time on his hands.

The Luke

• Getbig IV
« Reply #81 on: November 15, 2007, 09:06:27 AM »

...you missed my point, there are nine one inch measurements showing: ie your arm is about 8 inches high with nine inches of tape curved around it (around the visible side of it).

Allowing for another nine inches of tape curved over the non-visible side of your arm that makes about 18/19 inches of circumference, allowing for maybe an inch under the tricep that makes a 19 or maybe 20 inch arm.

Come on now... that's mightn't be a FLEX magazine pegged tape measurement, but it's not an accurate Arthur Jones type measurement either.

Not hating...

The Luke

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #82 on: November 15, 2007, 09:06:49 AM »
who cares man you're a huge dude, i believe you. I think "The Luke" has too much time on his hands.
oh shit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you really fuccked up now Mass, here's where "the Luke" punches out a 5,000 word essay about how you're obviously a 14 year old gimmick who's parents send letters to Ron telling him that you're a troubled kid and then tells you about his PhD that he attained from Oxford but he's still living in his parents basement saving money for his Bigfoot hunting expeditions and how he has 23 inch arms and calves and deadlifts 405 for 25 reps and is so big and muscular that he makes the floorboards of his parents wooden floors creak from the strain of his massive muscularity, aren't you terrified? :D

The Luke

• Getbig IV
« Reply #83 on: November 15, 2007, 09:09:59 AM »
oh shit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you really fuccked up now Mass, here's where "the Luke" punches out a 5,000 word essay about how you're obviously a 14 year old gimmick who's parents send letters to Ron telling him that you're a troubled kid and then tells you about his PhD that he attained from Oxford but he's still living in his parents basement saving money for his Bigfoot hunting expeditions and how he has 23 inch arms and calves and deadlifts 405 for 25 reps and is so big and muscular that he makes the floorboards of his parents wooden floors creak from the strain of his massive muscularity, aren't you terrified? :D

...did you cum that time?

The Luke

Trev

• Getbig IV
  • Bodybuilding The Old School Way - Train, Eat, Rest
« Reply #84 on: November 15, 2007, 09:10:32 AM »
just for the record, i beleive Wisconsin's arms are EVERY BIT of 21 inches.
Ditto from me too.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: November 15, 2007, 09:10:47 AM »
...did you cum that time?

The Luke
no, i save that for your mom.

wisconsinBB

• Getbig IV
  • Sweep The Leg!
« Reply #86 on: November 15, 2007, 09:14:20 AM »
I get where Luke is coming from, but I think he's forgetting that a good bodybuiler will have side to side thickness in his arms along with top to bottom thickness.  Having big triceps and a big brachialis will make your arms thick all around. 

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #87 on: November 15, 2007, 09:28:15 AM »
I get where Luke is coming from, but I think he's forgetting that a good bodybuiler will have side to side thickness in his arms along with top to bottom thickness.  Having big triceps and a big brachialis will make your arms thick all around. 

yeah or maybe he is a retard..Dude if the tape shows 9 inches from the front you can safely assume its 9 inches in the back which is 18 inches right there. Then add 1.5 inches at the bottom (triceps) and 1.5 at the top (Biceps) ...and you got an easy 22 inch arm...your arm would have to be completley flat like a peice of paper for it to measure 9inches in the front and 9 in the back for a total of 18...

Wisc...you are a monster with some killer guns

The Luke

• Getbig IV
« Reply #88 on: November 15, 2007, 09:32:30 AM »
Just for the record...

I never claimed Kovacs had 18 inch arms or anything of the sort... I pointed out that they obviously weren't 25'' as the photo of him having them measured as such was suspect (there was only 9 inches of tape showing).

We had Greg Valentino on TV over here in Europe and the Guinness Book of World Records people measured his flexed growths at 24 inches... anyone who thinks Kovacs arms were ever bigger than Valentino's lumps of scar tissue is a fool. You'd have to be 400 lbs lean to have non-synthol arms that size.

I'm not hating on WisconsinBB, he's certainly big enough to have a legitimate 20 inch arm... it's just that you have to be careful about arm measurements: slack tapes and poor measuring technique can add to measurements in a way that few bodybuilders are willing to acknowledge.

Just for a little perspective:
-a 240 lb Arnold had 19.625'' arms (as measured by Arthur Jones)
-by his own admission here on GetBig, Shawn Ray had 18 and change inch arms (which puts my arms in perspective as I'm only 5'5'')
-a 225 lb off-season Lee Priest stretched the tape to 21.25'' (as measured by our own Tim Fogarty, which make my arms seem like breadsticks)
-an off-season Vince Taylor managed a 19.5'' arm (also measured by Tim Fogarty)

As I've explained before... because you are measuring circumferences, a 21'' arm is a full 36% bigger and stronger than an 18'' arm (all other things being equal) because it's a ratio of the squares of the measurements not a ratio of the measurements themselves.

The Luke

PS... WisconsinBB, were you living in Fenamore (southern Wisconsin near Boscobel) last year? I trained with a guy down there who had a near 60'' chest at 310 lbs... might that have been you?

wisconsinBB

• Getbig IV
  • Sweep The Leg!
« Reply #89 on: November 15, 2007, 09:38:05 AM »
Nope, never trained down there luke. 

The Luke

• Getbig IV
« Reply #90 on: November 15, 2007, 09:43:44 AM »
Ever trained in LaCrosse?

I used the YMCA there and there is also a hardcore powerlifting gym near Gilette Street I think, the interior is all white with a raised deadlifting platform at the back... pretty cool.

The Luke

beatmaster

• Getbig IV
  • Save a tree, eat a beaver
« Reply #91 on: November 15, 2007, 09:45:00 AM »
hey bro, how do i get huge gunzz like that? I don't wanna take any drugs like creatine or protien powder(I read they shrink your dick)

what?

ding ding ding.......
are you delusional?

PANDAEMONIUM

• Getbig V
  • Scourge of the Northern Gods
« Reply #92 on: November 15, 2007, 09:50:16 AM »
Just for the record...

I never claimed Kovacs had 18 inch arms or anything of the sort... I pointed out that they obviously weren't 25'' as the photo of him having them measured as such was suspect (there was only 9 inches of tape showing).

We had Greg Valentino on TV over here in Europe and the Guinness Book of World Records people measured his flexed growths at 24 inches... anyone who thinks Kovacs arms were ever bigger than Valentino's lumps of scar tissue is a fool. You'd have to be 400 lbs lean to have non-synthol arms that size.

I'm not hating on WisconsinBB, he's certainly big enough to have a legitimate 20 inch arm... it's just that you have to be careful about arm measurements: slack tapes and poor measuring technique can add to measurements in a way that few bodybuilders are willing to acknowledge.

Just for a little perspective:
-a 240 lb Arnold had 19.625'' arms (as measured by Arthur Jones)
-by his own admission here on GetBig, Shawn Ray had 18 and change inch arms (which puts my arms in perspective as I'm only 5'5'')
-a 225 lb off-season Lee Priest stretched the tape to 21.25'' (as measured by our own Tim Fogarty, which make my arms seem like breadsticks)
-an off-season Vince Taylor managed a 19.5'' arm (also measured by Tim Fogarty)

As I've explained before... because you are measuring circumferences, a 21'' arm is a full 36% bigger and stronger than an 18'' arm (all other things being equal) because it's a ratio of the squares of the measurements not a ratio of the measurements themselves.

The Luke

PS... WisconsinBB, were you living in Fenamore (southern Wisconsin near Boscobel) last year? I trained with a guy down there who had a near 60'' chest at 310 lbs... might that have been you?

No offense, but I think your time could be better spent finding gainful employment, not jealously trying to belittle the arm measurements of someone (wisconsinbb) who is obviously a huge dude.  I believe his claims about arm measurements.  Juicer or not, the guy is the real deal and deserves mad props.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #93 on: November 15, 2007, 09:50:26 AM »
what?

ding ding ding.......

He's joking ;D

PANDAEMONIUM

• Getbig V
  • Scourge of the Northern Gods
« Reply #94 on: November 15, 2007, 09:51:33 AM »
no, i save that for your mom.

hahah be careful, Squadfather, or else "Teh Luke" will put on "his" black dungeonmaster hood, roll the dice, and cast a spell on you. ::)

Trev

• Getbig IV
  • Bodybuilding The Old School Way - Train, Eat, Rest
« Reply #95 on: November 15, 2007, 10:03:22 AM »
Judges and passers by do not measure your bodyparts, so measurements mean nothing anyway - Its how big and muscular they look and the shape that's important - We'd all rather have Shawn's 18" arms than Kovacs 25" ones wouldn't we???

SS

• Getbig V
  • The new and improved SS.
« Reply #96 on: November 15, 2007, 10:09:36 AM »
Judges and passers by do not measure your bodyparts, so measurements mean nothing anyway - Its how big and muscular they look and the shape that's important - We'd all rather have Shawn's 18" arms than Kovacs 25" ones wouldn't we???
you a little guy?

The Luke

• Getbig IV
« Reply #97 on: November 15, 2007, 10:11:24 AM »
hahah be careful, Squadfather, or else "Teh Luke" will put on "his" black dungeonmaster hood, roll the dice, and cast a spell on you. ::)

...Adonis, if you had a tenth of an inch for every gimmick account you have, your arms would be as big as Kovacs were claimed to be.

The Luke

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #98 on: November 15, 2007, 10:15:40 AM »
The morning my arms measured 32.75" each.  This is after fasting for 2 weeks straight.

DaddyWaddy is that you?  ;D

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #99 on: November 15, 2007, 10:16:09 AM »
No offense, but I think your time could be better spent finding gainful employment, not jealously trying to belittle the arm measurements of someone (wisconsinbb) who is obviously a huge dude.  I believe his claims about arm measurements.  Juicer or not, the guy is the real deal and deserves mad props.

But you can say tracking down internet claims made by a huge guy with pics is a perfectly respectable job.  ;D