Author Topic: Earthquake 6.0 in Washington DC - I was just in an Earthquake.  (Read 20240 times)

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
Re: My earthquake Picture Experience.
« Reply #175 on: August 23, 2011, 06:54:02 PM »
Deep Tissue Massage

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #176 on: August 23, 2011, 07:02:20 PM »
Beautiful pic and love the bunting in the background.  Truly Americana !!

Mr. Magoo

• Getbig V
  • THE most mistaken identity on getbig

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #178 on: August 23, 2011, 07:15:32 PM »

ROFLMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Whoever did that is a pure genius.  Seriously.  I`d like to shake his hand.

newmom

« Reply #179 on: August 23, 2011, 07:30:17 PM »

mass 04

• Getbig V

sync pulse

• Getbig V
  • Only be sure always to call it please, 'research'
Re: WTF!? Washington Monument now leaning post Earth Quake?
« Reply #181 on: August 23, 2011, 07:38:54 PM »
I used to run to the top of the Monument for daily exercise. Can people still do that?

I know people can DO IT .... but is it still open to the public?

Any GetBiggers ever run to the top of anything?

I think that they closed the route up to the flame of the Statue of Liberty? We used to run up there also.

I wanted to run up to the top of the GOlden Gate Bridge once but was never allowed to do so. Instead we got an invite to use the elevator.

We were always running from something or someone.

Never got caught though.

9/11 has ruined it as far as prestige high rises/high places being a tourist destination...

Nirvana

• Getbig V
« Reply #182 on: August 23, 2011, 07:39:57 PM »
Ima make a T-shirt "I survived the earthquake of 2011."

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
Re: Earthquake 6.0 in Washington DC - I was just in an Earthquake.
« Reply #183 on: August 23, 2011, 07:51:41 PM »
Thanks for the update, Chaos.

You might not have been around when that big one hit LA and caused a lot of damage to the VA hospital over in the valley.

I was with a bunch of stunt guys working the horses and we felt it and soon learned that the hospital has suffered some pretty extensive damage.

So without a thought a bunch of the guys hopped in their Jeeps and headed on over to help in any way  that they could. My friend Jack helped many patients get resettled that afternoon.

Do you recall the year and the epicenter of that one?

Unlike you and Coach I am scared shitless of quakes and while I was in a good size quake in Newport Beach we learned that the epicenter was a short distance east of the LA Airport (LAX) and aftershocks  in that area were surely expected.

So I thought that maybe I could overcome my fear of quakes by being in the center of one if an aftershock should occur as expected.

So I drove up there and got a room in a cheap motel a few miles east of LAX.

Stayed two nights but nothing happened, so my earthquake fears still exist and I'm still doing my best to jump up and down when one does occur .... which does seem to help a bit.
Hhahaa jumping up and down!!! it's all about relaxing.......there isn't a damn thing you can do, so you might as well chill out and enjoy the ride. 8)
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #184 on: August 23, 2011, 07:57:29 PM »
Ima make a T-shirt "I survived the earthquake of 2011."
Get on it, there is money to be had!

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
Re: I was just in an Earthquake.
« Reply #185 on: August 23, 2011, 08:00:37 PM »
im guessing the minorities were a little bit shook up. They should probably seek out there social workers for PTSD compensations and more disability assistance, they do not deserve to go through such things in those houses
2012 around the corner.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #186 on: August 23, 2011, 08:12:42 PM »
Johnny,

Do you ever use High Gloss on Porch Floors?

most porch oil based paints have a polyeurathane gloss additive to it. no porch paint holds up perfectly unless you got the money use a marine grade top coat gloss ontop the kind of heavy gloss you see on tables at restarants but that shit is too expensive, its good for glazing countertops and tables
A

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #187 on: August 23, 2011, 08:25:31 PM »
most porch oil based paints have a polyeurathane gloss additive to it. no porch paint holds up perfectly unless you got the money use a marine grade top coat gloss ontop the kind of heavy gloss you see on tables at restarants but that shit is too expensive, its good for glazing countertops and tables
I was asking around about Marine Paint at Lowes as it occurred to me that it would be the best thing to use but they were not helpful at all.  I thought about using either the Porch or Floor Paint, or going with Exterior High Gloss.  The paint on the porch is in good shape, its just kind of dull and I think its a Satin Finish in Battleship Grey.  I want more of a Gloss to it.  Do you think Exterior Gloss will be as Glossy as Porch and Floor Paint?

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #188 on: August 23, 2011, 08:30:37 PM »
I was asking around about Marine Paint at Lowes as it occurred to me that it would be the best thing to use but they were not helpful at all.  I thought about using either the Porch or Floor Paint, or going with Exterior High Gloss.  The paint on the porch is in good shape, its just kind of dull and I think its a Satin Finish in Battleship Grey.  I want more of a Gloss to it.  Do you think Exterior Gloss will be as Glossy as Porch and Floor Paint?

yeah satin is not glossy . they dont have the marine glaze. its a kit you have to order over the internet. but yes a gloss paint should work it usually has polyeurathane mixed in for the gloss effect. polyeurathane is 1/50th the strength of marine grade but it still does the job as long as you dont have black people trampling all over your porch
A

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #189 on: August 23, 2011, 08:33:32 PM »
they look like stooges, but it's actually good for the soldiers to be on the ready after an earthquake.

tons of politicians and other important people standing around outside buildings amidst chaos. 

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #190 on: August 23, 2011, 08:35:19 PM »
yeah satin is not glossy . they dont have the marine glaze. its a kit you have to order over the internet. but yes a gloss paint should work it usually has polyeurathane mixed in for the gloss effect. polyeurathane is 1/50th the strength of marine grade but it still does the job as long as you dont have black people trampling all over your porch
ROFLMAO@the last part.  LOLOLOLOL

The idiots at Lowe`s tried to get me to buy Porch and Floor Paint for use on an outdoor deck.  I went home and called Valspar and they said it wouldn`t even last a year if that product was used on Horizontal surfaces.  I don`t have a very high opinion of Lowe`s.  They kept INSISTING that it would work.  I am glad I didn`t buy it and waste the time with it.  The fucking can itself, says, NOT FOR USE ON HORIZONTAL SURFACES.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #191 on: August 23, 2011, 08:39:54 PM »
ROFLMAO@the last part.  LOLOLOLOL

The idiots at Lowe`s tried to get me to buy Porch and Floor Paint for use on an outdoor deck.  I went home and called Valspar and they said it wouldn`t even last a year if that product was used on Horizontal surfaces.  I don`t have a very high opinion of Lowe`s.  They kept INSISTING that it would work.  I am glad I didn`t buy it and waste the time with it.  The fucking can itself, says, NOT FOR USE ON HORIZONTAL SURFACES.

if price isnt an issue to go sherwin williams for industrial and marine coatings. its good outdoor paint. its not a marine glaze but its a good paint for outdoor deck

from 40-70 dollars a gallon.
A

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
Re: I was just in an Earthquake.
« Reply #192 on: August 23, 2011, 09:36:57 PM »
I really didn`t know what to do.  We have 14-16 foot ceilings and I thought it would be dangerous under them so I ran to the nearest door frame, which is about 10-12 feet tall.  After about 45 seconds Jezebelle and I just ran outside as we didn`t know what to do and did not know how long it would last. I could even see one of the chimneys moving about.  Even outside we could feel it and hear.  Its quite a terror when you realize there is no escape from something like that.  I don`t think I could ever get used to it enough to "Ride it".  I can handle Hurricanes and storms, but not that.

::)
b

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #193 on: August 23, 2011, 09:54:04 PM »
You can handle hurricanes that destroys shit every year around the same time but you cant handle a little shaking that rarely happens? (For TA).

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #194 on: August 23, 2011, 10:10:18 PM »
You can handle hurricanes that destroys shit every year around the same time but you cant handle a little shaking that rarely happens? (For TA).
Hurricanes you know they are coming, you can prepare for them and you can hide in the Storm Cellar/Basement.

Earthquake, nowhere to run, nowhere to hide, you don`t know when its coming.  You are a better man than I if you don`t fear an Earthquake.  This was enough for me.  I never want to feel that sense of helplessness ever again. Its not pleasant.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #195 on: August 23, 2011, 10:12:48 PM »
See California earthquake preparedness.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #196 on: August 23, 2011, 10:14:29 PM »
The east coast is so freaked out by this they're going to die heart attacks before they die of shit falling on their heads.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #197 on: August 23, 2011, 10:22:36 PM »
The east coast is so freaked out by this they're going to die heart attacks before they die of shit falling on their heads.
we are okay man...It's just that overhere in the DC area, there are tons of old buildings that date back to before California wasn't even thought of as part of anything...

But, chances are, there will more earth "issues", as there is increasing evidence that the poles are shifting, especially with each earthquake.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #198 on: August 23, 2011, 10:26:24 PM »
A remote scenario ..... Here in LV the housing situation is extremely bad. Ten homes on my first class street are vacant and in disclosure and no one even bothers to place 'For Sale' signs on the property ..... anh homes that do sell can be purcased for far more than half their original value.

But my thick scull/sick mind 'sees' a rise in LV home values once the entire state of California suffers the dier consequences after the Big One hits the west coast.

Everyone will be moving 'east' and the closest 'east' is this town called Las Vegas - and the value of these vacant homes will sky-rocket into the stratosphere.

The "only proplem' we'll have then is the fact that we'll haqve to drink and bathe in something wet - other than water, cause we ain't gonna have any.

For your information Lake Meade has dropped more than 100 feet in the past ten years and we'll be importing it sooner than later.

Please bring your own water when you come to the Olympia this year!

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #199 on: August 23, 2011, 10:45:18 PM »
A remote scenario ..... Here in LV the housing situation is extremely bad. Ten homes on my first class street are vacant and in disclosure and no one even bothers to place 'For Sale' signs on the property ..... anh homes that do sell can be purcased for far more than half their original value.

But my thick scull/sick mind 'sees' a rise in LV home values once the entire state of California suffers the dier consequences after the Big One hits the west coast.

Everyone will be moving 'east' and the closest 'east' is this town called Las Vegas - and the value of these vacant homes will sky-rocket into the stratosphere.

The "only proplem' we'll have then is the fact that we'll haqve to drink and bathe in something wet - other than water, cause we ain't gonna have any.

For your information Lake Meade has dropped more than 100 feet in the past ten years and we'll be importing it sooner than later.

Please bring your own water when you come to the Olympia this year!
I hope I never live to see the day where water becomes a commodity.  My neighbor thinks in the future that may be the case and he keeps talking about Storm Water Collection and all of that.  Is the price of your water service pretty high?