Author Topic: NHL playoff predictions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 23412 times)

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
Re: NHL playoff predictions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #100 on: May 07, 2009, 06:13:29 AM »
once again my pens are outplaying the caps with more than twice as many shots on net, their fucking goalie is better >:(

fleury is overrated

E

Caps were just letting the Pens skate around and create shots. Maybe they do need Brashears to lay some smackdown on their offensive players.

Varlamov is unbelievable. 39 saves and 42 shots on goal. All of that and he only gives up 3 goals in 4 periods of play. Not too bad but the Caps need to be more aggressive on defense.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #101 on: May 07, 2009, 05:35:36 PM »
nice to see malkin come back alive, he was the best player on the ice

varalamov is a wall, i'm hoping he starts playing like a rookie soon

E
E

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #102 on: May 08, 2009, 09:10:03 AM »
anytime you have a rookie goaltender playing that well for you, it always adds a special extra something to your season.

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
  • I'm totally Brolic, bro!
« Reply #103 on: May 08, 2009, 09:16:15 AM »
anytime you have a rookie goaltender playing that well for you, it always adds a special extra something to your season.

I tivo'd the first three games and it looks like the pens wanna give the series away. The Pens clearly have the energy, Momentum and better players and you guys are down 2-1....what the fuck Earl? The Pens are playing much stronger and should EASILY take this series. They kinda look like they do not even give a damn. I will be at a bar tonight and Pens better win.
D

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #104 on: May 08, 2009, 09:33:42 AM »
I tivo'd the first three games and it looks like the pens wanna give the series away. The Pens clearly have the energy, Momentum and better players and you guys are down 2-1....what the fuck Earl? The Pens are playing much stronger and should EASILY take this series. They kinda look like they do not even give a damn. I will be at a bar tonight and Pens better win.

No disrespect to your opinion but the Caps are the better team in the conference over the Pens. The Caps were 3-1 against the Pens in the regular season and have better goaltending and defense. There's a reason they were the #2 seed in the conference while the Pens were a respectable #4. If the Pens win this series, it will be considered a big upset. After their comeback series win against the Rangers, the Caps reeled off five straight wins and narrowly lost in OT on Wednesday. The Caps are the better team, period.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #105 on: May 08, 2009, 09:37:03 AM »
LET'S GO CANES !!!!!!  8)

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
« Reply #106 on: May 08, 2009, 09:47:54 AM »
No disrespect to your opinion but the Caps are the better team in the conference over the Pens. The Caps were 3-1 against the Pens in the regular season and have better goaltending and defense. There's a reason they were the #2 seed in the conference while the Pens were a respectable #4. If the Pens win this series, it will be considered a big upset. After their comeback series win against the Rangers, the Caps reeled off five straight wins and narrowly lost in OT on Wednesday. The Caps are the better team, period.

I do not follow the east all that much but i do here alot about Crosby and Ovechkin. I just see what i see on Sportscenter and how the Pens are the bigger and the more "experienced team". Your goaltender is doing extremely well right now and i would hope that he could play that way all through the playoffs but i watched the games and it just looked like to me, the Caps did not want the game (3) as much as the Pens did. This series is great for the NHL and has it's two brightest stars going head to head and this series has been the best that i have seen so far. 

I have been watching my Wings and seeds to not be jack shit when it comes playoff time and you know that bro. The Sharks were the #1 seed out of the west and the winners of the presidents cup and look what happened to them, bounced out of the first round. The Ducks are playing my Wings, #2 seed and it is not looking good for my Wings as of now. I can easily see the Ducks taking out the Wings and they have already taking out the Sharks, that would be the #1 and #2 seeded teams.
D

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #107 on: May 08, 2009, 11:05:18 AM »
I do not follow the east all that much but i do here alot about Crosby and Ovechkin. I just see what i see on Sportscenter and how the Pens are the bigger and the more "experienced team". Your goaltender is doing extremely well right now and i would hope that he could play that way all through the playoffs but i watched the games and it just looked like to me, the Caps did not want the game (3) as much as the Pens did. This series is great for the NHL and has it's two brightest stars going head to head and this series has been the best that i have seen so far. 

I have been watching my Wings and seeds to not be jack shit when it comes playoff time and you know that bro. The Sharks were the #1 seed out of the west and the winners of the presidents cup and look what happened to them, bounced out of the first round. The Ducks are playing my Wings, #2 seed and it is not looking good for my Wings as of now. I can easily see the Ducks taking out the Wings and they have already taking out the Sharks, that would be the #1 and #2 seeded teams.

You can make the same argument that the Pens played the same way in Washington. It all has to do with the home-ice advantage. Playoff momentum can swing when the a playoff series switches cities. The Pens have a terrific fans and they definitely helped boost their confidence during that win. However, the Pens almost blew that game when they allowed the Caps to tie before regulation.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #108 on: May 08, 2009, 11:35:11 AM »

If that happens, you can put me down as calling the Ducks to win it all.

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
« Reply #109 on: May 08, 2009, 12:47:27 PM »
If that happens, you can put me down as calling the Ducks to win it all.

x2 and i hate fuckin Chris Pronger. That guy is so good at being a asshole. I despised him when he played in St. Louis, Edmonton and now with Anaheim. The ducks are playing with heart and passion right now and my wings just look really sloppy  >:(
D

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #110 on: May 08, 2009, 01:17:54 PM »

one word

VARALAMOV

goaltending is often the reason a low seed makes the stanley cup finals

i feel the pens are outplaying the caps but like i said they really aren't more talented, as of right now goaltending is deciding this series

also i don't think there is an advantage to playing at home in hockey, if the ducks somehow make it to the finals they aren't winning the cup, it isn't uncommon for 8 seeds to make the finals but they never win it, i think detroit will beat them

E
E

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
« Reply #111 on: May 08, 2009, 01:38:12 PM »
one word

VARALAMOV

goaltending is often the reason a low seed makes the stanley cup finals

i feel the pens are outplaying the caps but like i said they really aren't more talented, as of right now goaltending is deciding this series

also i don't think there is an advantage to playing at home in hockey, if the ducks somehow make it to the finals they aren't winning the cup, it isn't uncommon for 8 seeds to make the finals but they never win it, i think detroit will beat them

E

Thanks for saying that Detroit can beat the Ducks but they are not playing with passion and Heart like the Ducks are. I finally saw that Hossa did something. Pittsburgh and Washington is a far better series then i thought that it would be. I hope that Gary Asshole is is liking the playoffs because they are all really good series and no one is getting blown out.
D

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #112 on: May 08, 2009, 02:17:31 PM »
ovechkin and caps gm whining about the refs

little bitches... waaaaaaa!!!!

E
E

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #113 on: May 08, 2009, 03:21:06 PM »
ovechkin and caps gm whining about the refs

little bitches... waaaaaaa!!!!

E

I can't wait until the fucking puck drops at 7:15pm, eastern time.

GO CAPS!!!

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #114 on: May 08, 2009, 06:15:09 PM »
I missed most of this game.

4-3 Penguins 8:24 3rd

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #115 on: May 08, 2009, 06:22:08 PM »
5-3

3 minutes left

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #116 on: May 08, 2009, 06:28:59 PM »
5-3 final

series tied 2-2

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #117 on: May 08, 2009, 06:36:06 PM »
the series just got a little more interesting 8)

ovechkin should be suspended for his hit on gonchar, crosby was right he takes runs at people >:(

E

E

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #118 on: May 09, 2009, 08:40:30 AM »
the series just got a little more interesting 8)

ovechkin should be suspended for his hit on gonchar, crosby was right he takes runs at people >:(

E

Gonchar may not play due to injury. He won't be afforded the ample time needed to heal up since Saturday's game is back-to-back. You can thank Mellon Arena for that by hosting a Yanni concert on Tuesday night. I knew there were tons of fags in Pittsburgh, but hosting a Yanni concert smack dab in the middle of an NHL playoff series just about confirms it. Fucking pathetic is what it is.....

Quote Caps owner, Ted Leonsis:

"It is a shame that both teams will have to play back to back games ... because the Pittsburgh building -- against NHL rules -- booked a series of concerts and forced the league to alter the playoff schedule," Leonsis wrote recently on his blog, Ted's Take. "This is bad for the league, both fan bases and for the players.

"The playoffs are very intense and physical and players need time to recoup. No one is advantaged by playing back to back games so no one can complain but it is unfortunate that the Yanni concert takes precedence over high quality NHL playoff hockey."

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #119 on: May 09, 2009, 08:41:41 AM »
Canes with another big win.  Cam Ward is looking great.....

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #120 on: May 09, 2009, 02:48:11 PM »
Gonchar may not play due to injury. He won't be afforded the ample time needed to heal up since Saturday's game is back-to-back. You can thank Mellon Arena for that by hosting a Yanni concert on Tuesday night. I knew there were tons of fags in Pittsburgh, but hosting a Yanni concert smack dab in the middle of an NHL playoff series just about confirms it. Fucking pathetic is what it is.....

Quote Caps owner, Ted Leonsis:

"It is a shame that both teams will have to play back to back games ... because the Pittsburgh building -- against NHL rules -- booked a series of concerts and forced the league to alter the playoff schedule," Leonsis wrote recently on his blog, Ted's Take. "This is bad for the league, both fan bases and for the players.

"The playoffs are very intense and physical and players need time to recoup. No one is advantaged by playing back to back games so no one can complain but it is unfortunate that the Yanni concert takes precedence over high quality NHL playoff hockey."

how would you know about the fags in pittsburgh unless you came to the burgh for gay sex?

the yanni concert was booked months ago, the nhl should've started the series a day later

a lot of whining from the caps all of a sudden, i guess two straight losses can cause that ;D

E
E

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #121 on: May 09, 2009, 02:55:14 PM »
how would you know about the fags in pittsburgh unless you came to the burgh for gay sex?

the yanni concert was booked months ago, the nhl should've started the series a day later

a lot of whining from the caps all of a sudden, i guess two straight losses can cause that ;D

E

The bone smuggler population in Pittsburgh is public knowledge. That city has one of the highest fag totals outside of San francisco. Pittsburgh scheduled the concent to run concurrently with the Pens playoff schedule. be that as it may, have a good time at the concert on Tuesday, Earl. ;)

I'm not whining. This situation hurts both teams. these two teams have to play three games in four nights now because of this. No matter what team prevails in this series, the next round is going to be tough for the winner, i think due to fatigue. We're looking at a possible seven game series.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #122 on: May 09, 2009, 03:07:18 PM »
The bone smuggler population in Pittsburgh is public knowledge. That city has one of the highest fag totals outside of San francisco. Pittsburgh scheduled the concent to run concurrently with the Pens playoff schedule. be that as it may, have a good time at the concert on Tuesday, Earl. ;)

I'm not whining. This situation hurts both teams. these two teams have to play three games in four nights now because of this. No matter what team prevails in this series, the next round is going to be tough for the winner, i think due to fatigue. We're looking at a possible seven game series.

well i guess being a straight man i was unaware of all the gays in the burgh 8)

both teams are young, they can handle two games in a row

E
E

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #123 on: May 09, 2009, 03:39:41 PM »
i wonder if oveCHICKEN will take any cheap shots today, he knows he can get away with it ::)

E
E

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #124 on: May 09, 2009, 07:02:45 PM »
OVERTIME WIN FOR THE 3 - 2 LEAD IN THE SERIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D :D :D

E
E