Author Topic: poor ron colemen!  (Read 7312 times)

GHGut

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
Re: poor ron colemen!
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2006, 07:05:01 AM »
I think if Ronnie could have nailed his conditioning, he would have.

I believe we have seen the last of Ronnie's killer physique and I hope he retires now instead of spiraling downwards in contest placings in years to come.

He will always be remembered as one of the best. Some consider him THE best.

sandstone

• Getbig II
« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2006, 07:15:15 AM »
You mean Mike WAS a good friend of mine past tense.As for 1980 anyone who thinks Arnold won was not there.Biggest Fix same as Franco and Dickerson 82.

So you will admit Colemans win in 01 was a fix??? its pretty damn obvious he dosent deserve 8 sandows, only 7

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2006, 07:16:51 AM »
I think if Ronnie could have nailed his conditioning, he would have.

I believe we have seen the last of Ronnie's killer physique and I hope he retires now instead of spiraling downwards in contest placings in years to come.

He will always be remembered as one of the best. Some consider him THE best.

He needs to hang it up for a year, let his injuries heal. Train and come back at 275-280 pounds ripped, like his 2001 Arnold condition. Jay won, but is too beatable, has too many flaws, and the public knows it, he knows it.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2006, 07:19:30 AM »
So you will admit Colemans win in 01 was a fix??? its pretty damn obvious he dosent deserve 8 sandows, only 7

2001 and 2002 were contests Ronnie could have easily lost add in 1998 and 2004 and you'll see that Ronnie being unbeatbale is just a myth .

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2006, 07:21:56 AM »
And it is pretty obvious Dorian only deserved three of his six.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2006, 07:35:14 AM »
And it is pretty obvious Dorian only deserved three of his six.

Not according to the judges ,it was never close on paper I personally thought he should have lost in 97 but the judges didn't ! 92 clear winner , 93 set the standard , 94 off especially from 93 but still won without controversy , 95 replicated his 93 dominance , 96 againeasy win not his best but a clear winner ,97 should have lost but recieved straight firsts .

sandstone

• Getbig II
« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2006, 08:08:23 AM »
Not according to the judges ,it was never close on paper I personally thought he should have lost in 97 but the judges didn't ! 92 clear winner , 93 set the standard , 94 off especially from 93 but still won without controversy , 95 replicated his 93 dominance , 96 againeasy win not his best but a clear winner ,97 should have lost but recieved straight firsts .

Very nice.

divcom

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies.
« Reply #32 on: October 07, 2006, 08:16:02 AM »
Joke.  The man was unbeatable for 8....as was Haney and Dorain for 6.  Father time may have caught up with him.  Kevin didnt beat because he didnt have a back and legs.  Jay got DQed just like Shaw did at the Arnold...so how the hell he beat Ronnie?  It would be better to drop the Euro shows, rest up and try in 2007 if father time will allow him.  If anything...age has beaten Ronnie...not Culter who will enjoy gifts greater than Yates...because you can question his wins against the likes of Cormier and Dexter.  I'm assuming Heath will probably bring a package better than Jay in 07 but he'll probably still be MrO...so he'll get the call from the judges....as it has always been and will. 

Oh...Monica!

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: October 07, 2006, 09:07:12 AM »
damn you Chad Nichols

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: October 08, 2006, 02:12:34 PM »

Before you posted this, I was watching the 93 Olympia.  Where they had Shawn, Dorian, and Flex in callouts. They did A back double Bi. All three of them had backs that would have put the top 3 this yr to shame.

That being said, in 1993 I believe Flex should have won, even though he was off his Arnold peak, but he almost replicated the conditioning. Dorian had a wide ass waist. But I'll say toss up
1994 should have gone to Kevin or Shawn.
1995 a toss up, but I give it  Dorian, by a squeaker.
1996 Shawn
1997, Shawn

So, actually it was his 1992-93, and 1995 where I believe he won. 

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: October 08, 2006, 02:18:32 PM »
Before you posted this, I was watching the 93 Olympia.  Where they had Shawn, Dorian, and Flex in callouts. They did A back double Bi. All three of them had backs that would have put the top 3 this yr to shame.

That being said, in 1993 I believe Flex should have won, even though he was off his Arnold peak, but he almost replicated the conditioning. Dorian had a wide ass waist. But I'll say toss up
1996 Shawn
1997, Shawn

I gave your opinion an objective look until you said Flex should have won the 93 Olympia I would have prefered Flex to win but he didn't and Flex himself said he was lucky to place 2nd over Shawn .

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: October 08, 2006, 02:41:44 PM »
Flex himself said he was lucky to place 2nd over Shawn .

That is because Flex never believed that he could be Mr. O, Shawn did. Shoot, shawn had more beleif in Flex being Mr. O, than Fle himself.  Flex's enemy was himself. Hell, Flex had a smaller waist than Shawn at the 93 O, almost as small as Lee Labrada's. Look at the call out of Lee, Shawn and Flex, and look at the front Double Bi, un-believable.

On another note, at the 93 O, is it me or does Levrone look odd? Like he is missing chunks of muscle in critcal places, like he was incomplete. And for someone who was taking almost the whole supply of Escileine off the market (according to Flex ::)), Levrone's delts looked small, and his tris don't have that "out of this world" look to them, as they did in later years.

But one one thing you have to give ND, is that both Dorian and Ronnie are un-matched when it comes to work ethic, both are equal in this department.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: October 08, 2006, 04:22:16 PM »
That is because Flex never believed that he could be Mr. O, Shawn did. Shoot, shawn had more beleif in Flex being Mr. O, than Fle himself.  Flex's enemy was himself. Hell, Flex had a smaller waist than Shawn at the 93 O, almost as small as Lee Labrada's. Look at the call out of Lee, Shawn and Flex, and look at the front Double Bi, un-believable.

On another note, at the 93 O, is it me or does Levrone look odd? Like he is missing chunks of muscle in critcal places, like he was incomplete. And for someone who was taking almost the whole supply of Escileine off the market (according to Flex ::)), Levrone's delts looked small, and his tris don't have that "out of this world" look to them, as they did in later years.

But one one thing you have to give ND, is that both Dorian and Ronnie are un-matched when it comes to work ethic, both are equal in this department.

Flex was the victimof to many contests in 1993 which he won 3 straight and thats why he was off just a tad at the Olympia , trying to peak to many times , and you can't blame him he just got his pro card and started to make money but to say he should have won his nonsense , Samir summed it up best when he said Dorian was 1st , 2nd and 3rd. !

And I do agree with you Ronnie and Dorian being work horses , both are known for their work ethtic which if Flex had he would beat Dorian not as his game but beat him with his game.

Sean-DeMarco

• Getbig III
  • "A year from now, you'll wish you started today."
« Reply #38 on: October 08, 2006, 05:01:58 PM »
Show sum respect to the best BB of all tim ya fools!!! He's got 8 sandows, and nobody can take them away.

...Word.~ 8)
~Sean-DeMarco

IceCold

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #39 on: October 08, 2006, 08:18:08 PM »

...Word.~ 8)

i agree.

but its still fun to say shit to certain people on this board who have a very strong fetish for large, muscular black men. 
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL ABBOTT (1966-2004)

Sean-DeMarco

• Getbig III
  • "A year from now, you'll wish you started today."
« Reply #40 on: October 09, 2006, 11:37:46 AM »
who have a very strong fetish for large, muscular black men. 

....I didn't know it was like that! Yecch!~ :-X
~Sean-DeMarco

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #41 on: October 09, 2006, 11:40:20 AM »
Ron Colemen???

How many are there of him?

pobrecito

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: October 09, 2006, 11:50:06 AM »

1996 Shawn
1997, Shawn

A former mr. O, Samir, stated that Yates won 1st, 2nd, and 3rd in 1993. THat tells you just how dominant he was and nobody else was ever in the picture.