Author Topic: What happened to Dennis James abs?????  (Read 5168 times)

nukkaready

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
What happened to Dennis James abs?????
« on: October 07, 2006, 06:08:16 AM »
His abs look horrific. I can't believe how far his ab muscles have graviated to the sides...

Below Me

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
Re: What happened to Dennis James abs?????
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2006, 06:22:56 AM »
His abs look horrific. I can't believe how far his ab muscles have graviated to the sides...

Who said ab tears only happen because of pregnancy?   

Oh, he does look pregnant.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2006, 06:34:55 AM »
by far the worst gh gut on the pro stage today  :-X

slayer

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2006, 06:44:29 AM »
are you sure?

Oblique

• Getbig III
  • The Warrior King
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2006, 06:52:45 AM »
Too much GH.

Always had bad structure. No flow and no real shape.

TheAnimal

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2006, 06:55:59 AM »
I second that...

Kaliym73

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2006, 07:17:46 AM »
No doubt, Dennis abs are a problem.

Dorian 01

• Getbig III
  • Ronnie Rockel > Ronnie Coleman
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2006, 07:43:48 AM »
Notice how he seems to only apply oil to his abs and pecs and not everywhere else on his torso? Creative bastard.
T

sandstone

• Getbig II
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2006, 07:56:48 AM »

Damn thats disgusting. I guess we know why hes the king of the wife beater most muscular. if only he could keep his shirt on when posing.

Rearden Metal

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Honey Badger cuz he don't Care.
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2006, 09:02:08 AM »
Really sad. He had crazy potential right when he turned pro.

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2006, 09:05:00 AM »
yep, we now see why he did all those shots pre o with the tank on.

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2006, 09:08:47 AM »
are you sure?
This pic of Ronnie looks weird.

SWOLETRAIN

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2006, 09:11:42 AM »
He's using way too many drugs. If he slows it down im sure it can be fixed. Im sure Ruhl uses more drugs, how come his abs are better than DJ's
-

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2006, 09:37:04 AM »
He's using way too many drugs. If he slows it down im sure it can be fixed. Im sure Ruhl uses more drugs, how come his abs are better than DJ's

good point. what the fuk is going on with these guys? the abs are the first thing that hits the judges.

i'm on a bit of a rant today. bodybuilding is gone beyond freaky and is now looking ridiculous when you have guys at the creme de la creme looking like pregnant aliens.

legbreaker

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2006, 11:09:16 AM »
Simple, that is called Recti Splinting or splitting.  It's a VERY well known thing to obgyn and occurs when the rectus splits or pulles away from the linea abna.  In many guys cases herniation can happen.  It's been going on for year in bodybuilding due to increases in visceral fat and internal organ growth.  It was very surprising to me the I was the first one to bring it up on the board because it stands out and looks terrible. 

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2006, 11:15:45 AM »
Simple, that is called Recti Splinting or splitting.  It's a VERY well known thing to obgyn and occurs when the rectus splits or pulles away from the linea abna.  In many guys cases herniation can happen.  It's been going on for year in bodybuilding due to increases in visceral fat and internal organ growth.  It was very surprising to me the I was the first one to bring it up on the board because it stands out and looks terrible. 
thanks that was informative. Are you a doctor?

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2006, 11:24:53 AM »
Isnt that a symptom of Palumboism?

legbreaker

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2006, 04:20:59 PM »
I'm confused. If you look at pics of Ronny from a year or two ago, he's got this 2" space between his abs. In these recent pictures, it's gone! (or nearly so) wtf? Did he have surgery to pull the two sides back together again?

Garraeth, that a real interesting observation.  If you check out some womens guide to fitness and pregnacy and recti splitting you'll see that it (the condition) can be corrected by either surgery OR simply doing some certain transverse exercises after given birth.  In a lot of cases it does and can return to normal.  In this instance, if it really did close up a bit, then i would suggest that the increasing scrutiny by judges on BB's made Ronnie make changes to his "supplement" program and as a result lost abdominal girth and the splitting closed in a bit.  It doesn't occur in all BB's, obviously.  Jay ,for instance, has a large waist and thick obliques BUT not alot of distention, whereas a dennise james has a "relatively" small waist BUT alot of distention, hence the splitting and separation.  A guy like James is a PERFECT canidate for an umbillical herniation.  If ya go back 20 years and see a guy named Tim Belknap, who was a diabetic, you can see the same thing.  No matter what the cause, diabeties, gh, insulin abuse, high insulin levels, insulin resistance causes increased visceral fat and organ growth as well as vessel damage.  Wake up bodybuilders and stop, STOP getting your information from other bodybuilders.

Miss Karen

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2006, 04:24:50 PM »
Milos will help him. ::)

Fischputza

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2006, 05:04:05 PM »
are you sure?
yes!!!!
at least some good news for ronnie: his gut isnīt the worst on stage anymore!  :P

Farcry

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2006, 05:08:46 PM »
in some shots dennis looks good but these he looks like crap, dude needs to go to about 235-245 range, he can't carry 270 without looking like crap

nycbull

• Getbig V
  • Team Jay Should Have Won
« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2006, 05:11:01 PM »
Notice how he seems to only apply oil to his abs and pecs and not everywhere else on his torso? Creative bastard.

yea, why to pros only oil the outside of their thighs, is it some trick with the lighting or something?

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2006, 05:12:07 PM »
in some shots dennis looks good but these he looks like crap, dude needs to go to about 235-245 range, he can't carry 270 without looking like crap
I agree. He looks awesome at a little lighter weight.
bodybuildersreality.com

legbreaker

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2006, 11:36:11 PM »
Thx, why no one else noticed is beyond me...so what do you think he did? A couple rounds of pilates, or some top notch surgery?

Haha, Ronnie in Pilates class.  I also do not think he had surgery.  Actually, I think he simply changed his supplement plan, removing the initial cause (insulin resistance leads to visceral fat increases and organ growth) which decreased the pressure on the wall and the abs can come closer together...They will never be 100% after that severe split, however and herniation (umbillical) is very common.  I saw a girl in figure (west palm show winner) that I thought had an umbillical hernia.  I didn't get a real close look from the pix, but if I see more i can tell.