Author Topic: Low fat cheese singles?  (Read 2286 times)

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
Low fat cheese singles?
« on: October 07, 2006, 07:30:21 PM »
Not sure if you guys in the States have these, but ocassionally I use these Low fat cheese singles made by Kraft on my scrambled eggs and stuff. I know that one slice also has 5g protein. I just wanted to know what you guys think of this product. If its alright to use about 3 out of 6 breakfasts. Thanks.
bodybuildersreality.com

GET_BIGGER

• Getbig IV
  • Peace and good genes be to you
Re: Low fat cheese singles?
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2006, 07:53:02 AM »
I usually put a few slices of fat free american cheese on my eggs......but I like cheese........a lot.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2006, 11:47:15 AM »
Not sure if you guys in the States have these, but ocassionally I use these Low fat cheese singles made by Kraft on my scrambled eggs and stuff. I know that one slice also has 5g protein. I just wanted to know what you guys think of this product. If its alright to use about 3 out of 6 breakfasts. Thanks.

Seems fine
No real mystery ingredients  ;)
:

canadian_husker

• Getbig III
  • From the outside looking in you cant understand it
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2006, 10:00:11 PM »
i used to put them on eggs, but after a while the taste and texture really started grossing me out.
Go Big Red!!!

smaul

• Getbig IV
  • Lets build some hurting bombs!
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2006, 01:01:15 AM »
I like cheese but I'm sure that the Kraft, highly processed-seeming cheddar cannot be good for you.  I do eat other low fat cheese though.
It hasn't helped...

YorkTown

• Getbig II
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2006, 09:11:04 AM »
Which low fat cheese singles are you talking about Jr. Yates?

I've been searching for a decent cheese to add to my diet. Besids the 1% low fat cottage cheese I bought recently I cant find anything else as good.

If there is s decent low fat cheese out there plz post it. I would love to have it with egg whites or (canned) fruit snacks.

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2006, 10:41:22 AM »
Which low fat cheese singles are you talking about Jr. Yates?

I've been searching for a decent cheese to add to my diet. Besids the 1% low fat cottage cheese I bought recently I cant find anything else as good.

If there is s decent low fat cheese out there plz post it. I would love to have it with egg whites or (canned) fruit snacks.
KRAFT singles i think they are called...they come in little packages (square shaped) 0g fat 5g protien per slice and they melt nicely over scrambled eggs or in an omlete...they also work nice for an "egg mcmuffin" with whole wheat english muffins (obviously princess L ;) ) but you guys are saying just use "real" low fat cheese??
bodybuildersreality.com

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2006, 12:47:08 PM »
KRAFT singles i think they are called...they come in little packages (square shaped) 0g fat 5g protein per slice and they melt nicely over scrambled eggs or in an omelet...they also work nice for an "egg mcmuffin" with whole wheat english muffins (obviously princess L ;) ) but you guys are saying just use "real" low fat cheese??

I really see nothing wrong with low fat or non-fat cheese (Kraft being the big name out there).  It's the real thing with the fat removed.  Not at all tastey IMO unless it's melted with other food, then you really can't tell.  I sometimes use the Kraft "free" shredded mozzarella in my eggs.
:

efirkey

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2006, 01:41:01 PM »
I can't stand the taste of low fat cheese and I love cheese.  I would rather have less real cheese, say half a slice than eat low fat cheese.

How many calories in low fat cheese?  If it's 50 calories, again I would go with a half a slice of regular.  Fat isn't the enemy.

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2006, 01:42:42 PM »
no whats your enemy then?
bodybuildersreality.com

efirkey

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2006, 02:34:16 PM »
Excess calories and refined carbs.  There is nothing wrong with fat.

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2006, 02:36:13 PM »
Excess calories and refined carbs.  There is nothing wrong with fat.
but bad fat! doesn't cheese have bad fat?? like havarti and stuff like that?
bodybuildersreality.com

efirkey

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2006, 02:44:26 PM »
trans fats are bad and should be avoided, but there is nothing wrong with saturated fat which is what I believe you will find in cheese

pushinweightwi

• Getbig III
  • One man's trash, is another man's treasure.BSpears
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2006, 04:52:42 PM »
Lifetime brand make some really good fat free blocks of cheese, they come in various flavors and the pepper jack( i think) is noce and spicy for people that like that.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2006, 08:00:57 PM »
I can't stand the taste of low fat cheese and I love cheese.  I would rather have less real cheese, say half a slice than eat low fat cheese.

Being from dairyland  ;) I have to agree with you there, IF you're just eating it straight or on a sandwich or something, but once it's melted in or on something, then you really can't tell.
:

YorkTown

• Getbig II
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2006, 09:13:17 PM »
these are the stats I see for kraft singles. They are pretty standadard stats for practically every cheese I have looked at.

I also believe saturated fats are the ones that clog the heart and veins/arteris. trans fat sux too.

Serving Size 19g
Servings per Container about 24

Amount Per Serving 

Calories  60   Calories from Fat 40 

Total Fat 4.5g       
Saturated Fat 2.5g 
Trans Fat 0g     

Cholesterol 15mg      

Sodium 250mg      

Total Carbohydrate 1g      

Dietary Fiber 0g     

Sugars 1g     

Protein 3g 

Jr. Franco

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2006, 11:07:16 AM »
Damn right low fat cheese on egg whites only way to go, but gotta have the hot sauce to. Ya just need it.
Aint a hobby, way of Life

efirkey

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2006, 01:15:17 PM »
Damn right low fat cheese on egg whites only way to go, but gotta have the hot sauce to. Ya just need it.

Thanks for the idea.

Carmello

• Getbig III
  • Believe it or not. Your choice.
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2006, 01:37:52 PM »
Cheeses like American, and cheddar are processed. You should be eating natural cheeses like swiss, or munster. The body digests the natural cheeses better than processed, or low fat cheeses. Trust me, I don't change my diet much, but when I made the switch to muenster cheese, after a month, my waist did go down a bit.
CEA999

sarcasm

• Getbig V
  • The Luke loves Dungeons and Dragons
« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2006, 01:41:32 PM »
people are too paranoid about the fats in cheese, cheese is an awesome food that is great for you, tastes awesome and is loaded with calcium and protein, if you're worried about the fats in cheese you probably aren't training hard enough, my favorite is to get a block of extra sharp cheddar and eat it by itself as a snack or put it on homemade hamburgers.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

Carmello

• Getbig III
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2006, 02:08:41 PM »
my favorite is to get a block of extra sharp cheddar and eat it by itself as a snack or put it on homemade hamburgers.
Let's see if u can get away with that shit a couple of years from now ::)
CEA999

sarcasm

• Getbig V
  • The Luke loves Dungeons and Dragons
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2006, 02:11:53 PM »
Let's see if u can get away with that shit a couple of years from now ::)
i'm 34 and can see the outline of my abs on the sides, dairy foods are very underrated.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

Carmello

• Getbig III
« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2006, 02:23:20 PM »
i'm 34 and can see the outline of my abs on the sides, dairy foods are very underrated.
Some people digest them better than others. I'm not condeming them, nor saying you're lying, just that certain people would benefit from natural cheese instead of processed. Everybody is different.
CEA999

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2006, 03:26:20 PM »
hey Jr. Fanco im going to try that! like a tabasco sauce??
bodybuildersreality.com

Jr. Franco

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2006, 04:54:56 PM »
Yates the absolute best hot sauce is Frank's Red Hot, Grocery store should have it man.
Aint a hobby, way of Life