Author Topic: Why do people get married?  (Read 1269 times)

Bigger Business

• Getbig V
  • FKN Gym Wear
Why do people get married?
« on: October 07, 2006, 11:41:50 PM »
To me there is no such thing as 'religion'. Believing in ghosts and dudes that walk on water and shit to me is straight up weird and dosnt deserve a title.

anywho

To get married here in australia they make you see a priest first which I understand since its a churchy deal. But you dont have to be married in front of a priest or even be married in a church...I dont understand that. However in order to immigrate to a country via spousal sponsorship defacto relationships arnt recognised but a defacto relationship is considered a legal bond in terms of asset distribution when you dump them.

I get pissed off at god and jesus shit being pushed onto people that dont think that the people doing the 'pushing' are mentally stable.

Why is there god shit on money, in anthems, churchy classes at school, in our laws...choice has been removed.

Why get married...why do we have to get married for certain priviages or recognition. It's wrong

Im not an athiest or agnostic or any other bible term...because for me to say I was would be hypocritical.

(just had some churchy clown try and 'save' me btw)

carry on

Butterbean

• Getbig V
Re: Why do people get married?
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2006, 07:05:49 AM »

To get married here in australia they make you see a priest first which I understand since its a churchy deal. But you dont have to be married in front of a priest or even be married in a church...

So EVERYONE that wants to get married has to see a "priest?"  Is it a Catholic priest?  And do they have to pay money for this meeting?   

Why is there god shit on money, in anthems, churchy classes at school, in our laws...choice has been removed.

We don't have churchy classes at public schools in America.  I think maybe the God stuff is on money and anthems because they were designed and written back when people were more God-centered.

Why get married...why do we have to get married for certain priviages or recognition. It's wrong

By the privileges do you mean tax cuts and such?  As far as recognition, I guess I don't know what you mean? 

(just had some churchy clown try and 'save' me btw)

carry on

Was he preaching "at" you?  If so, that can be pretty irritating.  In his defense though he may just love you and probably truly believes that you have to be "saved" to go to heaven.

I'm pretty interested to know more about the "priest" meetings.
R