Author Topic: The New 2007 Shelby GT Mustang  (Read 3123 times)

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
Re: The New 2007 Shelby GT Mustang
« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2006, 11:13:25 PM »
I saw that Saleen a few days ago in a mag. Looks crazy. 800 bhp right? Toss a few turbos on that gt  :-X I love the new twin turbo 911. I want it black with black wheels. Then the thin red accent around the black rim. Meh one can wish! 
there is a twin turbo kit available for the gt(you would see more if certain assholes AKA my dads friend would let me build one for him) so sooner or later i will drive one with hairdryers but if i owned one the turbo kit would have been built and warranty voided before i even put gas in it(this has happened with many of my vehicles so that would be no diffrent)but it would almost certainly be faster than the s7 turbo given 20-30 psi but again the halfshafts do pose a problem given the irs

currently hp turbo kits makes one for the gt and maybe they have a video so google that shit

body88

« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2006, 11:19:51 PM »
there is a twin turbo kit available for the gt(you would see more if certain assholes AKA my dads friend would let me build one for him) so sooner or later i will drive one with hairdryers but if i owned one the turbo kit would have been built and warranty voided before i even put gas in it(this has happened with many of my vehicles so that would be no diffrent)but it would almost certainly be faster than the s7 turbo given 20-30 psi but again the halfshafts do pose a problem given the irs

currently hp turbo kits makes one for the gt and maybe they have a video so google that shit

I did on youtube. There is only dyno tests. Pushing north of 800 horse. That is just scary. I would bet you cant even drive the thing. To much power!

Here is that vid of the gt killing the lambo!

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2006, 11:29:34 PM »

I did on youtube. There is only dyno tests. Pushing north of 800 horse. That is just scary. I would bet you cant even drive the thing. To much power!

my 03 cobra with a single 96mm turbo had 987 hp to the rear wheels trust me its streetable you just have to have the balls to match the car ;)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2006, 02:13:05 AM »

sweet!!! ;D

body88

« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2006, 07:49:21 AM »
my 03 cobra with a single 96mm turbo had 987 hp to the rear wheels trust me its streetable you just have to have the balls to match the car ;)

Holy shit.. Bench can you post some pictures? Is there a particular reason you prefer turbos to superchargers on American blocks?

body88

« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2006, 08:00:03 AM »
sweet!!! ;D

Look at this thing!!!!! Wtf I need 130k!

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #31 on: October 10, 2006, 10:47:10 AM »
Holy shit.. Bench can you post some pictures? Is there a particular reason you prefer turbos to superchargers on American blocks?
i prefer turbos because there is no parasitic drag on the accessories so way more power superchargers are belt driven and drain alot of power and you have to worry about belt slip but turbos have no belt so less moving parts and think about why people like American cars it always the exhaust thats because there is a lot of it and turbos run off exhaust gas, and there is no turbo lag due to shit loads of exhaust  so the American v8 is more suitable for a turbo than any four cylinder if you really think about it and with a supercharger you have to change out pulleys to change boost with a turbo you don't even have to get out of the car just the turn of a knob or a keystroke on a boost controller and away you go ,and as far as pictures go i no longer have the cobra i previously stated this earlier in the topic but i still have my 700 hp 2001 mustang gt but you would never know it unless i told you it still looks completely stock(wolf in sheep's clothing)but if you want to see a stock looking mustang i will post a few for you but again its nothing special to look at right now

body88

« Reply #32 on: October 10, 2006, 12:17:42 PM »
i prefer turbos because there is no parasitic drag on the accessories so way more power superchargers are belt driven and drain alot of power and you have to worry about belt slip but turbos have no belt so less moving parts and think about why people like American cars it always the exhaust thats because there is a lot of it and turbos run off exhaust gas, and there is no turbo lag due to shit loads of exhaust  so the American v8 is more suitable for a turbo than any four cylinder if you really think about it and with a supercharger you have to change out pulleys to change boost with a turbo you don't even have to get out of the car just the turn of a knob or a keystroke on a boost controller and away you go ,and as far as pictures go i no longer have the cobra i previously stated this earlier in the topic but i still have my 700 hp 2001 mustang gt but you would never know it unless i told you it still looks completely stock(wolf in sheep's clothing)but if you want to see a stock looking mustang i will post a few for you but again its nothing special to look at right now

I was more intersted in some pictures of the turbos and engine. Thanks for the reply.

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #33 on: October 10, 2006, 01:06:00 PM »
yeah give me a day or two its raining like a mother fucker here and the mustang is not the car in the garage right now the turbo is halfway in the fender so again there is not that much to see but i will post some soon

body88

« Reply #34 on: October 10, 2006, 01:09:18 PM »
yeah give me a day or two its raining like a mother fucker here and the mustang is not the car in the garage right now the turbo is halfway in the fender so again there is not that much to see but i will post some soon

Yah no worries. Just post them whenyou get a chance.

leycus 101

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #35 on: October 10, 2006, 01:11:52 PM »
I LIKE THEM, BUT ILL STILL TAKE MY TT 350Z 8)
pump'em dump'em

body88

« Reply #36 on: October 10, 2006, 01:27:56 PM »
I LIKE THEM, BUT ILL STILL TAKE MY TT 350Z 8)

I drove the new track edition 350. That thing was slow as shit. They need to toss about 50 more horse to that thing! Nice looking car tho!

The new 450z should be awesome. I want to see this gtr also.

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #37 on: October 10, 2006, 01:42:26 PM »

I drove the new track edition 350. That thing was slow as shit. They need to toss about 50 more horse to that thing! Nice looking car tho!

the 350z is always going to be fun,but on a side note would you rather have a 98 gtr skyline or a 98 supra 2jz tt i just ditched my turbocharged honda 929 erion racing rr and i am about to buy one or the other in a government auction within a month and i have driven and loved both and i am leaning more towards the skyline

leycus 101

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #38 on: October 10, 2006, 01:46:23 PM »

The track z has 300hp..  A stock 350z is around what the ford gt will run as far as performance: but remember the 350z is a v6  :o  ... For what you pay for a 350z (base model) theres nothing out there that will give you what the 350z will give you for the money .  YOu can buy a subaru sti or some all wheel drive turbo 4 cylndr but there around $32,800 to start without other options...  Im not being biased here but the 350z isnt slow by any standards (especially mine hehe )....
pump'em dump'em