Author Topic: PBW Radio: Troy Alves, Hany Rambod... (REPLAY is READY)  (Read 3599 times)

Andrew1

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
PBW Radio: Troy Alves, Hany Rambod... (REPLAY is READY)
« on: October 09, 2006, 07:04:29 AM »
MORE OLYMPIA COVERAGE! (Replay is Ready)
Pro Bodybuilding Weekly - Monday, October 9th

One week after a record LIVE audience heard Jay Cutler's first public interview as Mr. Olympia, "Pro BodybuildingWeekly" continues its coverage of the 2006 Olympia Weekend. Monday's broadcast also reviewed the post-Olympia European tour  (guests include: Troy Alves, Hany Rambod).

Airing "Live" on Monday's at 8pm EST (5pm pst) for a worldwide audience!
Replay is ready at www.BodybuildingRadio.com

Presented by Team MuscleTech and brought to you by Bodybuilding.com, the world's # 1 most visited bodybuilding website!

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
Re: PBW Radio: Troy Alves, Hany Rambod... (8pm EST)
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2006, 07:27:07 AM »

Ask Troy Alves if he's given any consideration at all to trying out the PDI stage. 

JMentis

• Pros
  • Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2006, 07:40:35 AM »
I heard Troy is really pissed about his Olympia placing.
JM

JMentis

• Pros
  • Getbig III
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2006, 07:41:52 AM »
...wait a second. Wasn't Victor Martinez suppose to be on the show?
JM

Dan Solomon

• Getbig II
  • PBW
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2006, 08:39:52 AM »
I heard Troy is really pissed about his Olympia placing.

We've spent a lot of time focusing on Cutler/Coleman, but there are some very ANGRY athletes who missed the Top 10....Troy is among them. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2006, 09:36:21 AM »
I wanna hear some seriously aggressive questions for Troy Alves.  He seems like a very nice guy, but I bet deep down, he is harboring some serious anger about being beaten by guys like Gunter or Dennis James, who were given gifts based on name recognition.

Also his future plans - what else can he do besides ruin his lines - in order to make top 10 at the O?

thisiskeith12

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2006, 09:37:34 AM »
I wanna hear some seriously aggressive questions for Troy Alves.  He seems like a very nice guy, but I bet deep down, he is harboring some serious anger about being beaten by guys like Gunter or Dennis James, who were given gifts based on name recognition.

Also his future plans - what else can he do besides ruin his lines - in order to make top 10 at the O?

So what was it, boy or girl?!

swilkins1984

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2006, 09:48:51 AM »
Why not have a show of all the guys that screwed at the Olympia: Troy, David, and Ronny Rockel.
Each was better than Branch and Gunter.

Spicy Shushi

• Getbig III
  • KNOW HOMO?
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2006, 12:05:41 PM »
...wait a second. Wasn't Victor Martinez suppose to be on the show?
Aren't you in charge Business Development? Sounds like a failure to communicate at the PBW... Why was Victor Martinez pulled?

Tremendous Troy is a good competitor and ask him how he feels working with Nutrex. Ask him why he was late for the IRONMAN and how it hurt his conditioning. Why doesn't he work with Hany any more? Will he join the PDI?

? for Hany... Ask him why Troy doesn't work with him any more. Ask Hany about the ebony muscle.
Enjoy your dish...

JMentis

• Pros
  • Getbig III
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2006, 12:26:06 PM »
Aren't you in charge Business Development? Sounds like a failure to communicate at the PBW... Why was Victor Martinez pulled?

Tremendous Troy is a good competitor and ask him how he feels working with Nutrex. Ask him why he was late for the IRONMAN and how it hurt his conditioning. Why doesn't he work with Hany any more? Will he join the PDI?

? for Hany... Ask him why Troy doesn't work with him any more. Ask Hany about the ebony muscle.

Your right! I found out why Victor was pulled. Steve Blechman pulled him. I'm not going to get into it but I think it was a very unprofessional call on his behalf since all we hear from the MD camp is that they want and are for "unity".

I'm sure Steve will answer any questions you have pertaining this matter.

JM

SUBTRACTION

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
  • Goatboy in jail for calling McGough fat on Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2006, 01:29:12 PM »
We've spent a lot of time focusing on Cutler/Coleman, but there are some very ANGRY athletes who missed the Top 10....Troy is among them. 

What is he angry about?  Troy isn't top 10 material, at least not in that lineup.  He was judged fairly at the O.  Hopefully he won't pull too much of a "sour grapes" routine and come off like David Henry or something.  :-\
Free  G o a t b o y!

bbinsider

• Getbig II
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2006, 03:16:53 PM »
What is he angry about?  Troy isn't top 10 material, at least not in that lineup.  He was judged fairly at the O.  Hopefully he won't pull too much of a "sour grapes" routine and come off like David Henry or something.  :-\

I'm sure he didn't expect to be top 10.
The BBinsider

thisiskeith12

« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2006, 03:23:50 PM »
Troy will be a good guest, that sucks about Victor though.

AVBG

« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2006, 03:42:40 PM »
Ask Troy, As he compares favourably with the likes of Melvin, Dexter & to a lesser extent Vic Martinez.. What does he believe needs to be changed in order for the symetrical physiques like his to be rewarded?

Do the judging standards need to be reviewed? Or is it something he may need to change i.e add more mass?

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2006, 05:25:50 PM »
I don't know Troy personally, but have seen him onstage several times and my opinion of him remains the same - he's a guy who will be a consistent top-5 placer at shows like the Ironman or NY Pro, etc., but who will never receive just consideration when it comes to the Arnold or Olympia. 

Is just getting to the Olympia enough to keep him satisfied?  I don't know...in fact, I've never even met the man.  But if Wayne D's plans for 2007 come to fruition (in terms of shows and the total prize money available), then I'd strongly suggest that Troy think about making a move, because his is exactly the type of physique the PDI says it wants to showcase.  I guess we'll know more once the PDI's Euro circuit winds up this year, but for now, that seed should be planted.

Darth Muscle

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
  • Remember 01/31/07
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2006, 05:32:07 PM »
Wow some tough questions, and Troy's not holding back.....awesome. :o

Rampage

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2006, 05:34:41 PM »
Your right! I found out why Victor was pulled. Steve Blechman pulled him. I'm not going to get into it but I think it was a very unprofessional call on his behalf since all we hear from the MD camp is that they want and are for "unity".

I'm sure Steve will answer any questions you have pertaining this matter.

Haha...its verrrry simple.They want Victor for No Bull Radio.Why give PBW the scoop with victor

I dont know if MD`s No Bull Radio is going to turn it into a war with PBW.MD has its own stable of athletes, so i dunno if they gonna pull power play cards.If they DO,then i give the IFBB an applause for pulling a power play on MD

This is specualtion not fact.but,Again i dont know if you ask Steve he`ll admit to this.Much like human nature we never would want to admit our faults

If it was a power play in order to keep victor for NO BULL ,  just man up and say it

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2006, 07:50:24 PM »
If it was a power play in order to keep victor for NO BULL ,  just man up and say it

If that was the case, why not send Victor on there to pimp out the new show like those NASCAR guys do?

Rampage

• Getbig IV
Re: PBW Radio: Troy Alves, Hany Rambod... (REPLAY is READY)
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2006, 08:02:28 PM »
If that was the case, why not send Victor on there to pimp out the new show like those NASCAR guys do?

True dat`...who knows Tre

Lee_a_priest

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2006, 06:08:31 AM »

OH POOR THEM...MAYBE IF THEY TOOK A STAND AND JOINED BOB IN MAKING CHANGES...THINGS JUST MIGHT..BUT OH NO THEY JUST KEEP ON COMPLAINING AND DOING NOTHING..F U C K E M  SPEND THAT BIG 4,000 PURSE

SWOLETRAIN

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2006, 08:49:50 PM »
OH POOR THEM...MAYBE IF THEY TOOK A STAND AND JOINED BOB IN MAKING CHANGES...THINGS JUST MIGHT..BUT OH NO THEY JUST KEEP ON COMPLAINING AND DOING NOTHING..F U C K E M  SPEND THAT BIG 4,000 PURSE
HAHAHAHA you have a good point there Lee. Those same guys will be the same guys bitching next year.
-

Stavios

« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2006, 08:50:58 PM »

hahaha yes !!!

Lee must be laughing really hard right now