Author Topic: suppose Ronnie is done?.. who can comeback?  (Read 1544 times)

lastrep

• Getbig III
  • One Last Rep!
suppose Ronnie is done?.. who can comeback?
« on: October 10, 2006, 07:47:40 AM »
Just supposed Ronnie retires, doesn't compete next year, has another injury, etc.

Which pro can comeback that never had a fair shake against him.. came in 2nd.. 3rd.. etc. Now they have to go against Jay who is not from a different planet as Ronnie was.

I'd like to see anyone of these deserving '2nd placers' get the prize. And in my opinion anyone of the three below in their prime (if they can reach it again) are better than Jay.

Kevin Levrone
Shawn Ray
Chris Cormier

I truly think some of these guys will strongly consider making the comeback now that Ronnie lost the thrown, the 'O' is now again attainable. We know that the next few years the title will trade many hands. No more long streaks.

smaul

• Getbig IV
  • Lets build some hurting bombs!
Re: suppose Ronnie is done?.. who can comeback?
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2006, 08:05:28 AM »
Schwarzenegger  ;D
It hasn't helped...

Bigger Business

• Getbig V
  • FKN Gym Wear
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2006, 08:26:55 AM »
We know that the next few years the title will trade many hands. No more long streaks.

wanna bet

cutler to infinity and beyond

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2006, 08:32:45 AM »
wanna bet

cutler to infinity and beyond

ahahaahahaa, whatever you're on, take less.

Cutler may win again, as it is given IFBB policy to let the Mr. O win a few times, but least to say there are many others who will get Jay in a few years. Vic Martinez, Dennis Wolf, Hidetada Yamagishi to name a few.

I was Joking with Yamagishi though.  ;D ;D

Naked4Jesus

• Getbig IV
  • You can save a IFBB Pro today by donating a kidney
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2006, 09:51:34 AM »
I think Ronnie will come back next year, win convincingly and then officially retire.  At that point he would have broken Haney's 8 x record and carved out a place in history for himself.  Jay will get third behind Victor Martinez but will always be remembered as the great olympian who ended Ronnie's Mr. O winning streak when Ronnie was off and not really posing correctly.

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2006, 10:18:46 AM »
Ronnie only lost this year because he was injured. When you heave the weight he does and especially at his age, injuries are bound to happen. He suffered a torn triceps and a pinched nerve in his lat. He was less then perfect and Cutler deservingly won. But.....Do not count out Coleman yet. He'll be back next year. Will he win? Who knows, but after having a stellar career, 1 ASC and 8 Sandows it would be foolish and out right ridiculous to say "he's finished".

PB

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2006, 10:20:51 AM »
I think Ronnie will come back next year, win convincingly and then officially retire.  At that point he would have broken Haney's 8 x record and carved out a place in history for himself.  Jay will get third behind Victor Martinez but will always be remembered as the great olympian who ended Ronnie's Mr. O winning streak when Ronnie was off and not really posing correctly.

Ronnies Lat and Tricep are messed up. plus he will be 44 next year. I think Jay will improve big time between now and next September. Ronnie wont get the title back.

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2006, 11:36:31 AM »

Ronnies Lat and Tricep are messed up. plus he will be 44 next year. I think Jay will improve big time between now and next September. Ronnie wont get the title back.
I agree with you. 44 is up there thats forsure as good as ronnie is he can't beat age.
bodybuildersreality.com

IceCold

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2006, 01:35:46 PM »

coleman already has his place in history.

he will not beat culter next year - if he competes.  coleman was alomst back to how he was at the dutch grand prix where he looked much better than at the olympia, but he still lost.

cutler will be even better next year. 
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL ABBOTT (1966-2004)

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2006, 01:39:37 PM »
I hope so, I hope this win gives Cutler alot of motivation. I remember in his video "ripped to shreds" he was already talking about his age and wanting to start a somewhat normal life.
bodybuildersreality.com

JDK

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2006, 01:42:04 PM »
coleman should just do something entirely different trainingwise (which includes using alot less weight) to see how his body responds. if he fucks up, so what, nothing more lost than already is. but perhaps he can transform himself to a totally new, crazy, shocking physique and surprise us all.

i really think he should go to sydney and let vince basile train him for a year.