Author Topic: Leatherface apparently a bodybuilder  (Read 7498 times)

JohnnyMontana

• Getbig I
Leatherface apparently a bodybuilder
« on: October 10, 2006, 11:52:30 AM »
I was reading the profile on imdb.com of Andrew Bryniarski, who plays Leatherface in The Texas Chainsaw Massacre and its upcoming prequel, and at the bottom it states that he was/is a famous bodybuilder. Has anyone here ever heard of him or have any pics.

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
Re: Leatherface apparently a bodybuilder
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2006, 11:55:00 AM »
I was reading the profile on imdb.com of Andrew Bryniarski, who plays Leatherface in The Texas Chainsaw Massacre and its upcoming prequel, and at the bottom it states that he was/is a famous bodybuilder. Has anyone here ever heard of him or have any pics.
If you don't get any answers in this board try this post in the "history/memories" forum, Kieth "onlyme" is a mod there and knows hollywood inside and out. someone there is bound to know this guys life story.
bodybuildersreality.com

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2006, 11:56:04 AM »
He was in the Program. He was the big defensive lineman that beat up the girl.
E

legbreaker

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2006, 12:04:36 PM »
He was never a "famous" bodybuilder, just simply a competitor.  he did go one to reak into hollywood, which obviously was a better move than puruing BB.  I think he's from Long Island, ny.

RHINO290

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2006, 01:31:53 PM »

Yes, Andrew and I are 20 year freinds. We trained together in PA and lived together in Venice. He is a big dude In his hayday 6'4/300lbs!! Hard. I have not talked to him in years but he won the Teenage USA, long time ago. He was in the "Program". He played the football player who was on...you guessed it...steroids.

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2006, 01:33:55 PM »
Yes, Andrew and I are 20 year freinds. We trained together in PA and lived together in Venice. He is a big dude In his hayday 6'4/300lbs!! Hard. I have not talked to him in years but he won the Teenage USA, long time ago. He was in the "Program". He played the football player who was on...you guessed it...steroids.
haha! that is awesome.
bodybuildersreality.com

sandstone

• Getbig II
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2006, 01:45:50 PM »
the only true letharface!

nah, just kidding, andrew was pretty damn good himself.

torquemada

• Getbig IV
  • Billycarp ruled...
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2006, 05:21:13 PM »
Pretty good character actor; he managed to be ina lot of good movies.  He was the best part of "Any Given Sunday."

siouxcountry

• Getbig IV
  • Team Ripitupbaby!
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2006, 06:07:42 PM »

He was also in Higher Learning with the beautiful Michelle Pfeiffer.

http://www.andrewbryniarski.net/main.htm

AVBG

« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2006, 06:23:22 PM »
Born in Philadelphia, the 6ft 5" body builder visited Hollywood for a summer vacation to see a friend. Spotted by a talent scout, Andrew was screen tested for a Joel Silver movie and got the part, acting alongside Bruce Willis in "Hudson Hawk". Since then, Andrew has worked alongside Al Pacino, James Woods, Michelle Pfeiffer, Halle Berry and Cuba Gooding Junior, to mention only a few; he has also worked with Hong Kong’s best - Tsui Hark and Yuen Wo Ping.

From his website.

Andrew's film work includes "Pearl Harbor", Tim Burton's "Batman Returns", Oliver Stone’s "Any Given Sunday", "Rollerball", "Scooby Doo", "Streetfighter", "The Program" (as Lattimer) and John Singleton's "Higher Learning".

He recently appeared on a TV production in FX's "44 Minutes: Shootout in North Hollywood" (2003), which recieved enormous ratings and broke several records. Andrew has guest starred in many TV shows to date and was included by Entertainment Weekly Magazine in this year's "IT" list of the top 100 creative people in Hollywood.

Living a healthy lifestyle by working out at the gym and practicing yoga, Andrew also enjoys many outdoor activities, such as horse riding and mountain climbing.

SDMF

• Getbig II
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2006, 09:48:26 PM »
Andrew is a great guy....hey Rhino if you could ever introduce me to him, it would be appreciated

sandstone

• Getbig II
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2006, 02:25:14 AM »

He was also in Higher Learning with the beautiful Michelle Pfeiffer.

http://www.andrewbryniarski.net/main.htm

hah thats a black label society tattoo    SWEET

Slick Vic

« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2006, 05:27:50 AM »

Yup. That's true. In fact, he can be seen of The Battle for the Olympia 2002 with Claude Groulx in Gold's Gym/Venice but only on the VHS version. For whatever reason, when Mits re-released the 2002 version on DVD the "Andrew/Claude" scene was edited out.

RHINO290

« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2006, 06:02:49 AM »
Andrew is a great guy....hey Rhino if you could ever introduce me to him, it would be appreciated

I'm sure I could. We are very good freinds. We had a falling out for a while, but we got over that. Listen, I can't get on his site, does he have a contact e-mail??? PM it to me if he does, I would like to contact him.

Spike

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Kill your ego
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2006, 06:34:42 AM »
Latimer in 'The Program'

--after injecting himself in the glute he picks up a dumbbell and starts curling saying 'no problem' over and over

I think that movie inspired me to take juice to become a badass like Latimer

legbreaker

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2006, 10:13:18 AM »
Yup. That's true. In fact, he can be seen of The Battle for the Olympia 2002 with Claude Groulx in Gold's Gym/Venice but only on the VHS version. For whatever reason, when Mits re-released the 2002 version on DVD the "Andrew/Claude" scene was edited out.

Slick Vic, why are you saying it's true that he is or was a "famous bodybuilder"?  He never was a pro, wasn't a cover guy or anything, what made him a famous BB, just curious?

RHINO290

« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2006, 10:27:40 AM »
Slick Vic, why are you saying it's true that he is or was a "famous bodybuilder"?  He never was a pro, wasn't a cover guy or anything, what made him a famous BB, just curious?

Mike O'hearn was never a pro and he is more famous than ANY bodybuilder. He is a famous bodybuilder. Most people outside our little screwed up world, don't even know the distiction, it means nothing.

Many people consider vin diesel to be a bodybuilder". So your definintion of bodybuilder needs to be redifined to expand outside your little sandbox.

legbreaker

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2006, 10:37:09 AM »
Rhino, your not saying that andy was well known, like mike o hearn, during his competitive years, right.  I CLEARLY made the comment that Andy was not a "famous" bodybuilder OR....the big word OR cover guy on mags like O hearn.....read the post before commenting.  The guy said he was a famous bodybuilder, which he was not, simple.

RHINO290

« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2006, 01:19:27 PM »
Rhino, your not saying that andy was well known, like mike o hearn, during his competitive years, right.  I CLEARLY made the comment that Andy was not a "famous" bodybuilder OR....the big word OR cover guy on mags like O hearn.....read the post before commenting.  The guy said he was a famous bodybuilder, which he was not, simple.

Yeah, I see what you are saying. Put that way, no he was not famous at all. My bad, I thought you were saying something else.

legbreaker

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2006, 01:26:31 PM »
Rhino, do you know Andy's friend, Andy Baum from NY?

Slick Vic

« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2006, 04:52:34 PM »

Well, I'm not saying he's 'famous' per se, just that I used to see him in some of the muscle magazines and small roles on television and the big screen. He's probably as well known as Danny Trejo.

legbreaker

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2006, 07:10:23 PM »
Slick vic,
Oh, I understand. Now he's basically very well known and obviously liked in Hollywood, so good for him. 

venom gang.bronze

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2006, 11:15:38 PM »
i know andy real well. as rhino290 says, pretty cool. he won the teen america at 265! in the film, "hudson hawk," his first, he was weighing a pretty solid 340!

RHINO290

« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2006, 06:28:59 AM »
Rhino, do you know Andy's friend, Andy Baum from NY?

WOW!!!!!!!!!!  I have not heard that name in 15 years... When I first move to venice, he moved there as well. I think after giving up on bodybuiding, he became a stock broker??? 

What is he doing now? He was a good guy. If this is the same guy, I think it is.

legbreaker

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2006, 09:18:54 AM »
No, I haven't spoken to him at all over the past 10 years or so.  Real good guy though and yes, last I spoke to him he was doing very well as a broker in LA.  I'll ask my buddy, Mike yablon (another guy you know from those days) if he's heard from him.