Author Topic: Chick Stats in MD  (Read 20695 times)

Instints

• Getbig II
Re: Chick Stats in MD
« Reply #125 on: October 12, 2006, 03:03:30 AM »
It's just ironic and obvious that nothing of chick will ever please anyone here. People pick on him for the slighest thing, sometimes without any basis. The man has kept himself well, and arguably one of the healthiest pro around. He is a smart pros who has secured himself financially without the many sacrifes that other pro go through. At the end, what does matter is how one looks on stage and not the poundage one lifts, or else who could ever beat Ronnie or Johnny Jackson. The comments are always to pin him down, for heaven sake most of us here dont measure up to him in the depth of knowledge in Bodybuilding the man has. Let be a bit moderate with our comments, so people can freely share experience. No one care about what weight one lifts anyway

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #126 on: October 12, 2006, 04:43:19 AM »
It's just ironic and obvious that nothing of chick will ever please anyone here. People pick on him for the slighest thing, sometimes without any basis. The man has kept himself well, and arguably one of the healthiest pro around. He is a smart pros who has secured himself financially without the many sacrifes that other pro go through. At the end, what does matter is how one looks on stage and not the poundage one lifts, or else who could ever beat Ronnie or Johnny Jackson. The comments are always to pin him down, for heaven sake most of us here dont measure up to him in the depth of knowledge in Bodybuilding the man has. Let be a bit moderate with our comments, so people can freely share experience. No one care about what weight one lifts anyway
C'mon mate we love chick don't you realize thats why we give him so much stick... ;D

Doublemonk

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #127 on: October 12, 2006, 10:32:55 AM »
I will say one thing, the bench for reps portion was done right after their max attempts.  Nick just missed 650 twice before repping out with 405.  He is good for 20+ fresh. 

That said you have an excellent point and I think Chick's memory is VERY rose tinted on this matter...

I know that it was done after their max attempts. And it was never my intention to induce a shitstorm for Bob.
I personally believe that Bob has done 20+ reps on the bench. The main point is, that you cannot compare the stats of a strength athlete (like NickW and Siders) to the stats of a bodybuilder. For the simple reason. Strength athletes use full range of motion, bodybuilders mostly not. Just look at the shoulder presses Bob and Johnnie Jackson were doing at the fit show. Many reps but no full range of motion.

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #128 on: October 12, 2006, 12:57:47 PM »
I know that it was done after their max attempts. And it was never my intention to induce a shitstorm for Bob.
I personally believe that Bob has done 20+ reps on the bench. The main point is, that you cannot compare the stats of a strength athlete (like NickW and Siders) to the stats of a bodybuilder. For the simple reason. Strength athletes use full range of motion, bodybuilders mostly not. Just look at the shoulder presses Bob and Johnnie Jackson were doing at the fit show. Many reps but no full range of motion.

well then bodybuilders should not post their stats in mags if they aren't legit lifts... a REAL bench press is to lock out in my universe and most people's.

end of the day chick has said to MD these are my stats... most of us think he is living in fantasyland because 22-23 at 405 in INCREDIBLE for anyone especially a guy with chick's lanky structure.

No way he ever did THREE times the reps Haney did at his peak...

Dredlock Rasta

• Getbig III
  • Can't trust shadows after dark
« Reply #129 on: October 12, 2006, 01:02:50 PM »
Your guess is as good as mine..it's the age old dilemma when judging- Who do they reward, the guy with the better genetics, shape, proportion... thats soft?
 Or the guy with superior conditioning, hard, ripped, but aestetically challenged?

My personal preference is to place the guy with better symmetry and proportion higher...apparently, the jjudges went the other way with high placings for Stewart, Claude, and Stan...

Would you consider yourself aesthetically challenged BOB?
Don't let em fool ya

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #130 on: October 12, 2006, 01:05:12 PM »
LOL!!!

jwb - are you suggesting some bodybuilders are meatheads?  ;D
nah man chick is the man... smart cookie for getting a website as his main sponsor considering what is gonna happen to the mags in the nexy 5 years...

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #131 on: October 12, 2006, 01:08:23 PM »
To think that BB.com is more powerful than any mag right now - or probably all of them combined for that matter.
Whoever has access to the supplement customer controls the sport brother... they should start cracking heads soon IMO

lilwoday09smb

• Getbig III
« Reply #132 on: October 12, 2006, 01:11:23 PM »
every 1 of those stats are bullshit, his lifts are extremly exagerrated, his waist is 36 or above and his arms are under 20

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #133 on: October 12, 2006, 01:28:11 PM »
Why isn`t anyone questioning the Waist claim??

That, my friends, is a gross exaggeration.   Bob must have borrowed  Jim Quinn`s nifty little analysis kit to come up with a 31 inch waist.

sarcasm

• Getbig V
  • The Luke loves Dungeons and Dragons
« Reply #134 on: October 12, 2006, 01:30:34 PM »
Why isn`t anyone questioning the Waist claim??

That, my friends, is a gross exaggeration.   Bob must have borrowed  Jim Quinn`s nifty little analysis kit to come up with a 31 inch waist.
exactly, i'd say more like at least 35 inches but i think of the current IFBB pros that Bob has one of the better looking physiques but that waist is still big.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

Gord

• Getbig IV
  • Smile when you say that
« Reply #135 on: October 12, 2006, 03:31:06 PM »
Maybe a picture of Bob at (or near) his best would help.
Lies, damn lies and diets

dorkeroo

• Getbig IV
  • I need steroids for the brain.
« Reply #136 on: October 12, 2006, 03:43:14 PM »
Maybe a picture of Bob at (or near) his best would help.

Has Chick ever brought a physique like that to a pro show? He looks great there.

AVBG

« Reply #137 on: October 12, 2006, 03:45:40 PM »
Has Chick ever brought a physique like that to a pro show? He looks great there.

No, its a shame because if he did he would have scored the first pro victory well before 2006.  :-\

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #138 on: October 12, 2006, 03:53:14 PM »
Bob in 2000 looks great.

No idea why he decided he needed more size as his waist seems to have grown.

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #139 on: October 12, 2006, 03:56:03 PM »
Bob in 2000 looks great.

No idea why he decided he needed more size as his waist seems to have grown.
Maybe he never wanted to suffer as bad as he did that year again?

gibberj2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #140 on: October 12, 2006, 03:56:48 PM »
jwb don't be ignorant. if Dorian only did 10 reps and THEN 5 seconds rest and another 11 that's light weight for him. Especially since his legs were very pre-exhausted. that's like calling someone a bitch for only squatting 3 plates after they did like 6 sets of extensions.

lilwoday09smb

• Getbig III
« Reply #141 on: October 12, 2006, 03:58:01 PM »
in the good pic of chic i say hes stats in contest shape in that pic are, waist 33, arms 18.8. legs, 26, calves 17.5

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #142 on: October 12, 2006, 03:58:53 PM »
jwb don't be ignorant. if Dorian only did 10 reps and THEN 5 seconds rest and another 11 that's light weight for him. Especially since his legs were very pre-exhausted. that's like calling someone a bitch for only squatting 3 plates after they did like 6 sets of extensions.
he did 10 then stopped, then 1 (one) more rep for a total of 11...

gibberj2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #143 on: October 12, 2006, 04:01:31 PM »
well nevertheless you must understand dorian's training was about intensity and fatiguing the muscle as fast as possible. if the leg press was his last exercise it's understandable because his legs were already cooked. what do you think he could have done if they were totally fresh?

sarcasm

• Getbig V
  • The Luke loves Dungeons and Dragons
« Reply #144 on: October 12, 2006, 04:07:11 PM »
well nevertheless you must understand dorian's training was about intensity and fatiguing the muscle as fast as possible. if the leg press was his last exercise it's understandable because his legs were already cooked. what do you think he could have done if they were totally fresh?
it was his second exercise and his first big compound movement, he did leg extensions first.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #145 on: October 12, 2006, 04:23:22 PM »
I understand exercise science I have a degree in it (waste of time but it was when university education in australia was practically free).

The point is nobody is going to jump on a 1000lb leg press with no step-up sets and just go for it.

Yates does 3 sets of leg extensions first.

the first set is medium weight but he still stops at around 10 reps - well short of faliure.

the second set is heavier but again, he stops short of failure - at least a few reps short.

in essence he is saving himself for the 3rd set his work set.

the 3rd set is pretty intense. positive failure and a couple of forced reps- still it is leg extensions it ain't that bad.

leg press go the same way... first set medium weight (for him) stopping at 8-9 reps, second set is heavier but still not balls to the wall and not to failure.

the 3rd set he goes for it and gets 11 at 1034lbs... he is hardly totalled from the previous work

rest wise he would be taking at least a couple of minutes between each set. his partner does his set, they change the weights, he psyches up, spits on the floor etc - 2 minutes easy probably more

my point was his work set is a GREAT set on a true 45 leg press with deep deep action and no resting between reps except for the final rep but he is hardly toasted before he does it though...

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #146 on: October 12, 2006, 04:43:41 PM »
and the bigger point is chick said he could do nearly FIVE times the reps that yates could do with only 34lbs less on the machine.

the yates example is a yardstick to go off when someone does the reps perfectly on a legit leg press

gibberj2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #147 on: October 13, 2006, 02:06:09 PM »
i dont find anything unbelievable about it. in fact what's your legpress? must be pretty low if you think it's so hard to do.

D_1000

• Getbig IV
« Reply #148 on: October 13, 2006, 02:25:59 PM »
he also said that he almost tore his ped doing 525 for a double.

if he could really do 405 for 30, 525 would be nothing. 

only superheavy powerlifters who specailize in the bench press (mendelson, kennely, etc.) could do 405 for 30 but not chick. 

The 405 for 30 is in squat.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #149 on: October 13, 2006, 02:28:59 PM »
1000 lb leg press for 50 reps. ::)

Honestly, I believe the 50 reps because most bbs use about a 4 inch range of motion on the leg press anyways.