Author Topic: Metrosexual Guys  (Read 6941 times)

ignorance

• Getbig III
  • https://www.facebook.com/ResearchBodybuilding
Metrosexual Guys
« on: October 11, 2006, 03:03:06 PM »
Urban Dictionary:

A man who is emotionally sensitive and aware, verbal and communicative, physically fit, clean, has manners, smells good, and often enjoys fashion, beauty products, entertaining, and interior design. A metrosexual has a sophisticated aesthetic and often a well developed feminine side. Because of the metrosexual's expression of what are considered in the U.S. traditional female characteristics, metrosexuals are often mistaken for closeted gays.

A man who a woman has to fight for the mirror ;)

Now, I'm not gay but I do take pride in making myself look good. Not just in the gym but also on every other aspect of my body.

Do I buy face cleansers?
Co Q10?
Hand creams?
Face srcubs?
Expensive Hair products?
Religious about my teeth being white?
Body lotions?
Take a stress relief bath once a week?
Making sure my hands are always clean?

Yes to all. How does the wife feel about it? She likes taking me shopping for all of the above.
My question is simiple: Do most girls like the character traits of Metrosexual Guys, and if a fitness guy doesn't go all the way on being Metrosexual, does that mean he is a heath freak instead? Or just High
maintenance?

Speak. I'm listening.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
Re: Metrosexual Guys
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2006, 08:15:59 PM »
There's nothing wrong with a guy who has some sense of pride in his appearance,
...and liberal applications of anti-callous cream to the hands might reap you some extra rewards.  :P
w

lilwoday09smb

• Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2006, 08:25:41 PM »
i think any body that puts that much time in there apperanc eis fake, guy or girl, girls may need to do there hair and put on a little make up (key word little) but any more than that and your hiding your ugliness. personaly i wake up shower, shave if i need to and go. do you pluck your eye brows also? i mean if you have a unicorn by all means but dont try to look like 1 of those gotti boys.

ignorance

• Getbig III
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2006, 09:33:04 PM »
anti-callous cream; See I'm not to crazy about caring for my feet seeing I'm walking or using them like 16 hours a day. Plus their smell even after 30 minutes being out of the shower.

ignorance

• Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2006, 09:35:31 PM »
ur gay

metrosexuals are often mistaken for closeted gays.

I'm not gay; I just take care in my appearance and appeals.

Farkenell

• Getbig III
  • Life Is Pain, Pain Is Everything
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2006, 01:49:31 AM »
Ignorance, what sorta job do you have?

If youre outdoors, working you balls out in dirt and grime all for 12 hrs a day.. then I can understand

If youre indoors behind a desk, kicking back for 8 hours day then I sorta dont.

I mean, I look after myself. I would like to use lotions and creams because I get really dry skin and Im exposed to the sun.. problem is I have no idea what to buy or where to go. And I aint asking my mates, cause they might think Im gay.

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2006, 05:10:33 AM »
There's nothing wrong with a guy who has some sense of pride in his appearance,
...and liberal applications of anti-callous cream to the hands might reap you some extra rewards.  :P
I agree. Nothing wrong with taking care of yourself. I'd rather be neat and clean then a slob.

PB

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2006, 11:04:09 AM »
I bought a grapefruit/mandarin body wash that I only use at night.  Does that count? 

My girls tease me about it.  I use the "manly" body wash in the morning.   :)

Deedee

• Getbig V
  • They sicken of the calm, who knew the storm.
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2006, 11:17:23 AM »
I mean, I look after myself. I would like to use lotions and creams because I get really dry skin and Im exposed to the sun.. problem is I have no idea what to buy or where to go. And I aint asking my mates, cause they might think Im gay.

You sound like you live in the UK.  Why not just go to any Boots and ask one of the girls to push you in the right direction.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2006, 12:00:10 PM »
Urban Dictionary:

A man who is emotionally sensitive and aware, verbal and communicative, physically fit, clean, has manners, smells good, and often enjoys fashion, beauty products, entertaining, and interior design. A metrosexual has a sophisticated aesthetic and often a well developed feminine side. Because of the metrosexual's expression of what are considered in the U.S. traditional female characteristics, metrosexuals are often mistaken for closeted gays.

A man who a woman has to fight for the mirror ;)

Now, I'm not gay but I do take pride in making myself look good. Not just in the gym but also on every other aspect of my body.

Do I buy face cleansers?
Co Q10?
Hand creams?
Face srcubs?
Expensive Hair products?
Religious about my teeth being white?
Body lotions?
Take a stress relief bath once a week?
Making sure my hands are always clean?

Yes to all. How does the wife feel about it? She likes taking me shopping for all of the above.
My question is simiple: Do most girls like the character traits of Metrosexual Guys, and if a fitness guy doesn't go all the way on being Metrosexual, does that mean he is a heath freak instead? Or just High
maintenance?

Speak. I'm listening.

I would call that something like pseudo-gayism but thats because im immature.
Im like the definition of a mans man except for the fact that i like to cook. And my house is spotless. But as for clothes, i have 5 pairs of shoes and i wear jeans from 1999. And hand cream is so out its not even funny. I like only shave when my face starts to itch and i use irish spring. Lotion is only for the body part that is exposed. Like if i have on a short sleve shirt or shorts there is a 50% chance of lotion.
But more and more women are starting to like the pseudo-homo look. If you arch your eyebrows that might be too far.

What are some other lightweight-homo actions that cross the line.

Lord Humungous

• Getbig V
  • REVOLUTION CALLING!
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2006, 01:01:05 PM »
Damn, im a metro   >:(
X

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
  • thank you Ron & Getbig, I've had so much fun
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2006, 05:24:12 AM »
more camp than a field full of tents...

I love metromen

xL

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2006, 05:50:24 AM »
I would like to use lotions and creams because I get really dry skin and Im exposed to the sun.. problem is I have no idea what to buy or where to go. And I aint asking my mates, cause they might think Im gay.

so ask the girlie board at getbig.....

I recommend pure unsmelly soap and a loofah.  Then you must moisturise, moisturise, moisturise.  Vaseline is cheap and it so works.  You must rub it into your knees and elbows.  Even on your face and hands at night.  This is a recent (in her new book) Joan Collins beauty tip, but I've done it all my life.  Palmer's Cocoa Butter is nice too, or that lovely yellow Clinique cream if you're feeling flush...

Exfoliate then moisturise
with love,
Linda
xxx

I dislike all that smelly stuff men wear nowadays.  I prefer the smell of clean sweat.  I've always said I'm allergic to perfume.

I've got callouses on my callouses and I'm proud of them.  Only kidding, I also use a pumice stone.

Canadian women are more like men than British men... 

I guess they don't get out much here and all have desk jobs and far too much money.

The only way I can pick out straight men these days is to see whether he has dirty knees.  (footballers and gardeners?)  and they are kinky too.

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2006, 05:58:28 AM »
I would call that something like pseudo-gayism but thats because im immature.
Im like the definition of a mans man except for the fact that i like to cook. And my house is spotless. But as for clothes, i have 5 pairs of shoes and i wear jeans from 1999. And hand cream is so out its not even funny. I like only shave when my face starts to itch and i use irish spring. Lotion is only for the body part that is exposed. Like if i have on a short sleve shirt or shorts there is a 50% chance of lotion.
But more and more women are starting to like the pseudo-homo look. If you arch your eyebrows that might be too far?

What are some other lightweight-homo actions that cross the line?

BRILLIANT
mullets rock...

I like this topic.  Please carry on.  Although I might get all analyitical.  I reckon it's a backlash to the women's movement, or too much money and leisure time (I'm not a feminist

But the idea of you arching your eyebrow in the right direction ... !!!

Can you curl your upper lip too?

Please wear something fetching

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2006, 07:16:40 AM »
Exactly what im talking about. Why would a womnan like a guy that looks like a woman. You can be clean shaven neat and tidy without looking like prince. DUDE LOOKS LIKE A WOMAN.

I actually think youre right. Too much time and money. My sister is a very well known model and i see those types all around her all the time. She asked me if i wanted to get a manicure. I told her "E....i lift weightslike everyday and i also work on the lawn more than hank hill...a manicure is a waste of money." Maybe if i were rich and did nothin but relax maybe ill get bored and start tweezing my eyebrows.

But those actions are light weight sickening 

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2006, 07:30:28 AM »
Exactly what im talking about. Why would a womnan like a guy that looks like a woman. You can be clean shaven neat and tidy without looking like prince. DUDE LOOKS LIKE A WOMAN.

I actually think youre right. Too much time and money. My sister is a very well known model and i see those types all around her all the time. She asked me if i wanted to get a manicure. I told her "E....i lift weightslike everyday and i also work on the lawn more than hank hill...a manicure is a waste of money." Maybe if i were rich and did nothin but relax maybe ill get bored and start tweezing my eyebrows.

well put.  I've never had a professional mani cure either.

I'm only going to wreck it tomorrow when I go to work...

Perhaps it's all these newfound men who work on keyboards?
(By the way, next time someone offers you a hand job (a manicure I mean), ask that they do it for you.  One of my fave metrosexual live-in man things was when we did healthandbeauty night.  We did each others.

Here's my new metropic:
and so far, I'm only doing musicians.  Wait till I start with the sportsmen!!!

xL

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2006, 07:37:51 AM »

I actually think youre right. Too much time and money. Mmmm

perhaps because metro men listen and talk and are funny?  they don't just grunt.

You're right, both Billy Idol and Prince are too short and feminine.  Neither of them have shoulders and neither of them could pick me up.

I don't know...  they can both sing and dance.

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2006, 08:47:42 PM »
metrosexual guys = (since my fitst post ws nixed lol i'm gonna make an attempt at a G rating)

...guys that haven't mouthed a phallus <sp?> but have had REM sleep thinking.... :D

better? :P
carpe` vaginum!

ignorance

• Getbig III
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2006, 10:12:10 PM »
Listen I'm not like price or Billy. I do however take great pride in my appearance. The following items are what I can name off the top of my head for me keeping myself 'neat'

BODY
Irish Spring Soap
http://www.colgate.com/app/IrishSpring/US/Home.cvsp

HANDS
Four different hand creams:
- Herbacin Kamille Hand Cream
- Vaseline Intensive Care Hand Cream
- Neutrogena Norwegian Formula Hand Cream
- Eucerin Dry Skin Relief Hand Cream with 5% Urea
* After the gym my hand get 'f**ked'; I also clean my hands right after the gym as well. <- Good Tip!

FACE
- Adidas Active Face Moisturiser
- Coenzyme Q10 
- Nivea for Men Double Action Face Wash
- Neutrogena Men Razor Defense
- Eucerin Face Cleanser

HAIR
- Head and Shoulders Intensive solutions for Normal Hair
- Herbal Essences Moisture-Balancing Shampoo & Conditioner
* I like the smell.

As for feet; well feet are feet and I'm walking on them 16/24 hours a day. So nothing is done to them expect for the toe nail cutting.  ;D

Teeth
- Crest Whitening Plus Scope
- Crest Whitening Expressions [Green Mint]
- Colgate 360o Toothbrush
- Regular Floss
- Regular Toothbrush as a Tongue Cleaner
- Scope Mouth Wash

Thats the 'just' of it. As for clothes hell thats why the wife loves to go shopping with me.
If you think I'm over the top look in you bathroom and tell me you don't have at least two products for one job (ie two hand creams)

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2006, 09:53:37 AM »
You must have a massive bathroom.  It's totally beyond my scope of comprehension.  But I won't buy anything that doesn't have a nice name.  I'd hate for anyone to see any kind of anti-aging or wrinkle cream on my shelf.  Or any shampoo that's not for normal hair.  Or low-fat cheese or milk or anything. 

Because that's what people do, they scan your fridge and medicine cabinet to learn about your ailments or tendancies or weaknesses. 

Anyways, back to metrosexual guys (but I'd love to know if there is a female equivalent, like women who hate makeup and jewellry and accessories and all unnecessary products?

Metromen are kinda like girlfriends.  So are gay men.  Perhaps we're all morphing into a similar gender?  Or men are trying to...

But since I'm lowmaintenance and abhor overdoing it, I so hate it when a man takes longer than me to get ready...

xL

ps:  I love your post about whether or not a metroman must have sucked dick.  I kinda doubt it, (no I don't, I've already posted my theory about how most if not all men will go there on a bad day) >>>but it's terribly funny.  I reckon metrosexuality (in men that is), is a simple vanity issue.   Who was that mythical man who fell in love with himself in his reflection in water?  Can't remember.  I'll go find out now.  There's an ism named after him. I think it begins with A.  It's not Adonis

pps: my mouse has completely died.  I'm doing this with the ball out of it and am scrolling up and down with my fingers inside the mouse, using the little whatever you call them things on the sides inside.  I'm feeling so dextrous.  I'll go shopping for another mouse shortly.  But that's the kind of thing it would be great to have a bloke to help you with...

freespirit

• Getbig V
  • Revolt!
« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2006, 10:11:31 AM »

Who was that mythical man who fell in love with himself in his reflection in water?  Can't remember.  I'll go find out now.  There's an ism named after him. I think it begins with A.  It's not Adonis

Narcissus:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narcissus_(mythology)

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2006, 10:20:58 AM »
Narcissus:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narcissus_(mythology)

thanks.  yep.  It's narcissisim

xxxLinda

i'm guilty of it too

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2006, 03:47:07 AM »
I would say I'm probably a metrosexual based on the criteria at the beginning of the thread.

My mates say I'm like that guy Patrick Bateman in American Psycho with his skin care regimen. Funny but sadly true.

Lord Humungous

• Getbig V
  • REVOLUTION CALLING!
« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2006, 05:39:11 AM »
Listen I'm not like price or Billy. I do however take great pride in my appearance. The following items are what I can name off the top of my head for me keeping myself 'neat'

BODY
Irish Spring Soap
http://www.colgate.com/app/IrishSpring/US/Home.cvsp

HANDS
Four different hand creams:
- Herbacin Kamille Hand Cream
- Vaseline Intensive Care Hand Cream
- Neutrogena Norwegian Formula Hand Cream
- Eucerin Dry Skin Relief Hand Cream with 5% Urea
* After the gym my hand get 'f**ked'; I also clean my hands right after the gym as well. <- Good Tip!

FACE
- Adidas Active Face Moisturiser
- Coenzyme Q10 
- Nivea for Men Double Action Face Wash
- Neutrogena Men Razor Defense
- Eucerin Face Cleanser

HAIR
- Head and Shoulders Intensive solutions for Normal Hair
- Herbal Essences Moisture-Balancing Shampoo & Conditioner
* I like the smell.

As for feet; well feet are feet and I'm walking on them 16/24 hours a day. So nothing is done to them expect for the toe nail cutting.  ;D

Teeth
- Crest Whitening Plus Scope
- Crest Whitening Expressions [Green Mint]
- Colgate 360o Toothbrush
- Regular Floss
- Regular Toothbrush as a Tongue Cleaner
- Scope Mouth Wash

Thats the 'just' of it. As for clothes hell thats why the wife loves to go shopping with me.
If you think I'm over the top look in you bathroom and tell me you don't have at least two products for one job (ie two hand creams)

After reading this, im no metro afterall   ;D
X

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2006, 07:51:58 AM »

Don't confuse a guy wanting to keep himself clean and well kept with looking like a woman. Better to be clean then a dirty slob.

PB