Author Topic: Sami (The Black smith) seeking for an Urgent Expert ADVICE..!!!!  (Read 10590 times)

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
Re: Sami (The Black smith) seeking for an Urgent Expert ADVICE..!!!!
« Reply #50 on: October 15, 2006, 12:46:24 PM »

Is there a problem now at airports with bringing in extra fluids such as water? What's a BB to do now? Just avoid it completely as they fly, correct?
?

Chamorrita

• Getbig III
  • Mens sana in corpore sano.
« Reply #51 on: October 15, 2006, 01:30:02 PM »
Is there a problem now at airports with bringing in extra fluids such as water? What's a BB to do now? Just avoid it completely as they fly, correct?

I think I would try to make arrangements with the airline for extra water.  If that's not possible, I would just make friends/bother the crap out of the flight attendants till they gave me 2-3 L of water.

Sami The Black-smith

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
  • You dont have to be the BIGGEST to be the BEST!
« Reply #52 on: October 15, 2006, 02:02:49 PM »
Hey Sami!  Good luck in your upcoming contests.  I've had to travel many hours via flight for competitions.  I always make sure that I arrive 3-4 days prior to competition.  After 30 hrs of traveling (sometimes 12-13 hrs in the air at a time) one way, I am holding a ton of water.  I try to drink 2-3 gal of water during the travel period.  I always bring my food on the plane.  I usually don't carb up till I get there and I try to bring what I need with me and not rely on what is in that particular country.  Trying to get rid of the excess water is always fun.  I try to do some light cardio and get a sweat going or early enough, i might use a sauna for a short period of time.  Diuretics aren't really an option for me, so I don't have any experience with that.  I just try to make sure I am in contest condition before I get on the plane.  Glad to see you changed your flight plans because that is too risky.  Especially if the airlines lose your luggage.  (I always carry on my contest stuff.  My luggage got "delayed" one time in the Czech Republic and I was freaked out!  Good thing I arrived early enough to get it back in time.)  Again, good luck!

Thats what i wanted to hear Bro,,,,,,,,,  THANKS alot for the Advice and sharing with me the Information it in lighted me on many things...
~ The Black Smith ~

jmt1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #53 on: October 15, 2006, 02:10:51 PM »
  Thats what i wanted to hear Bro,,,,,,,,,  THANKS alot for the Advice and sharing with me the Information it in lighted me on many things...

hey sami, i think you really did the right thing in changing your flight to arrive earlier.

good luck

Milos_Sarcev

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • http://www.milossarcev.com
« Reply #54 on: October 15, 2006, 05:32:30 PM »
  So is that the MAIN REASON u didnt answer my Question that i sent u by PM>>???????
i really dont know which one it is: being black or an Arab making u NOT helping me!!!!

OK.... lets make it to public and see if there is a better expert than u will be willing to answer or help me..... ;)

i am flying to my show for 6hrs on the plane and i dont really have the key how to manage it with water intake and the other stuff to stay tight....as u know befor i travel to NY for the NOC i was looking so hard and ready i arrived and the whole day i was LOOKING GREAT but day by bay i started to fade! i thought if i come early 5-6 days befor the show is good, but it was wrong idea.... now i am planing to arrive the same day of the show at 7am and the show at 4pm.

# how to control the water during flying? shall i carb load  during my flight?
  # what do i have to eat the whole 10hrs befor the show when i arrive?!
  # is there any thing i should do befor i travel? meals or supplements!

i know it sound stupid but as u know i didnt get use to travel Long distance for competing.... and i am always willing to learn and try things out so i know what works for me and what not.

++ i might looked sharper in the pre-judging but not like the show day.. but i wish i could keep the same size that when i arrived to NY.. i looked fuller and dryer....

plz guys NO ROOM for jokes, if u can help me plz do and if not, it will be great if u save ur jokes and fun for a another time in another Thread but not this time.. i am 10days away from my show and i have enough Sh++ to look after :-\

## here it is how i looked the day i arrived to NY......

## and here how i looked in the Show day (after 4days of my arrival) just note that i am not that type who 3days loading... 1 day and half was my max loading coz i am afraid to lose it...

you can send me the notes or advice to my E.mail or by PM...

Thanx to all of u members and Moderators..... ;)

Sami,

this is no easy task (to answer your question)...

Also - don't fly day before the show...Rather -go there early 2-3-4 days before...so you will not have to deal with water retention due to your flight...

One thing I can tell you IF you have long flight - try to walk around on the plane...You will certainly have less water retention if you do that...

Also - on the plane ride it is much safer NOT EATING or not eat too many carbs (or at all)..Protein is fine...

But - everything depends on your regular diet and stage that you are in...

You should TEST what you want to do at the contest WAY BEFORE...
Maybe 4 weeks out, 3 weeks out...2 weeks out...etc

Try to replicate everything that you plan to do last few days before the show IN ADVANCE and see how your body reacts 9with exception of flying just for the sake of doing exactly the same thing... ;D).

What I mean by that - if you are not doingcarb depletion/loading - than you cruise in with your regular diet...

If you chose to load and deplete - than you should certainly TEST your protocol...

Some like to LOAD in advance and than back off, some like to load few days before the show - going into the show...and some load just at the last minute (day before, night before or even morning of the show...)

It is too complicated to find you a best method without knowing all the variables (your training, cardio, diet, water intake, carbs, protein, fats....etc)

I will say that OFF COURSE - everyone can be ripped...
Just deplete into the show...(hundreds of people do that and usually they are very successful...of being ripped. But, many loose too much muscle, size and/or fullness and some just can't afford that...)

There are safe methods and risky ones...
Sometimes it is worth risking...and sometimes just doesn't make sense...

I am sure that now you know exactly what to do ;)...JUST DO IT!

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: October 15, 2006, 06:04:31 PM »
if you don't overeat and drink plenty 2 days is fine IMO... seen people suck in and look better with this timeframe just don't be too flat when you get on the plane... generally a few days later though you will look a lot worse

ali23

• Getbig III
« Reply #56 on: October 15, 2006, 06:15:19 PM »
milos, you are one bright guy. 

however thanks to american false flag politics, if sami were to start walking around on a plane ride from US to heathrow, he'd be tackled and tazered in about two seconds.

sad but true.  very cool of you to offer free advice tho milos!

shutup.. I'm reporting you to Ron.. Just when we're trying to cut racism, you make a comment like that..

AVBG

« Reply #57 on: October 15, 2006, 06:17:38 PM »
shutup.. I'm reporting you to Ron.. Just when we're trying to cut racism, you make a comment like that..

Getover yourself Ali   >:( 

Rob is not a racist

ali23

• Getbig III
« Reply #58 on: October 15, 2006, 06:17:44 PM »
Sami, you are a very brave guy.. I just remembered you are fasting, and you stepping on that stage while fasting is an accomplish on it's own.. What time zone are you going to use when you're on the plane?? The back at home timezone, or the England one??

Wow you're amazing..!!

ali23

• Getbig III
« Reply #59 on: October 15, 2006, 06:18:56 PM »
Getover yourself Ali   >:( 

Rob is not a racist

Rob can be a great guy, he probably is.. but as a Muslim, I cannot handle comments like that..

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #60 on: October 15, 2006, 06:23:28 PM »
Rob can be a great guy, he probably is.. but as a Muslim, I cannot handle comments like that..

The comment was made in jest for one, and if one looks at the true concept of his comment it was referring to the anti-Muslim sentiment, and ridiculing it. It was an anti-racism comment if you will. Rob is far from racist, and actually has very all encompassing world and racial viewpoints.

AVBG

« Reply #61 on: October 15, 2006, 06:26:21 PM »

Ali my friend, you are mistakingly taking Rob's comments out of context he said "thanks to american flag politics"... This is not his view on how Muslim's are to be treated. He is remaking on the sign of the times.

Sami The Black-smith

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
« Reply #62 on: October 16, 2006, 12:17:57 AM »

MILOS :  this is such an Honor to hear from the mind him self and YES sir NOW i know what i have to do.........THANK YOU VERY MUCH CHAMP.......and as i said befor that one of my wishes in bodybuilding is to train in ur GYM in CA ;)

jwb : thank you bro, i agree and as Milos said i will not Over doing it and i will limit my carb intake, walk around the plane from time to time, i will make sure to be in a Contest shape befor i leave my home.

ali23 : thanks Ali, Yeah FASTING is great thing but when u can eat what ever u want when its time to break the fast NOT to eat Steamed or Grilled :'( but ENSHALLA God will Reward me for that soon, its matter of 5days to get over every thing....
Bahrain and London is the same timing Zone just 2hrs London behind so its all good, but when i was in NY or LA it was about 8hrs and 13 hrs :o the time zone

thank you all for the help and support, i really dont know what i would do with out Guys :-*
~ The Black Smith ~

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #63 on: October 16, 2006, 01:05:13 AM »

Are you kidding me?   Are you freaking kidding me?   I wish you were here so you could see how damn ajar my mouth is right now.

I get beat up on the General board for my assertion that elements of the US govt were complicit in 911.  I assert that this anti-islamic fervor in the US is nothing but a tool of hatred used to justify war overseas.   I argue every day that extremists exist in every culture, and judging the entire group by one comment is asinine.  You either didn't read what I wrote, don't understand it, or you are dying to be offended.

Re-read my comment.  It is very obviously a knock against our overly-aggressive, misplaced action.  Instead of investigating NORAD for standing doen on 9/11, we're strip searching people for having 4 0z. of water.  My own father - white guy that looks like Bruce willis - was actually searched and detained last night because he was flying with a good friend of his who owns a business but happens to be of middle eastern decent.

...and I'm more disgusted that some moderator was fucking blind enough to delete it.  Ignorance, and a blind desire to be offended.  Man up, do your research, and grow the hell up.

ali23

• Getbig III
« Reply #64 on: October 16, 2006, 01:25:53 AM »
MILOS :  this is such an Honor to hear from the mind him self and YES sir NOW i know what i have to do.........THANK YOU VERY MUCH CHAMP.......and as i said befor that one of my wishes in bodybuilding is to train in ur GYM in CA ;)

jwb : thank you bro, i agree and as Milos said i will not Over doing it and i will limit my carb intake, walk around the plane from time to time, i will make sure to be in a Contest shape befor i leave my home.

ali23 : thanks Ali, Yeah FASTING is great thing but when u can eat what ever u want when its time to break the fast NOT to eat Steamed or Grilled :'( but ENSHALLA God will Reward me for that soon, its matter of 5days to get over every thing....
Bahrain and London is the same timing Zone just 2hrs London behind so its all good, but when i was in NY or LA it was about 8hrs and 13 hrs :o the time zone

thank you all for the help and support, i really dont know what i would do with out Guys :-*

Sami, I meant fasting for hours, and then having chicken and rice, or steak and potatoe, or eggs and oatmel lol.. Allah will reward you Sami!!

Enshalla, Enshalla!!

ali23

• Getbig III
« Reply #65 on: October 16, 2006, 01:34:17 AM »
Are you kidding me?   Are you freaking kidding me?   I wish you were here so you could see how damn ajar my mouth is right now.

I get beat up on the General board for my assertion that elements of the US govt were complicit in 911.  I assert that this anti-islamic fervor in the US is nothing but a tool of hatred used to justify war overseas.   I argue every day that extremists exist in every culture, and judging the entire group by one comment is asinine.  You either didn't read what I wrote, don't understand it, or you are dying to be offended.

Re-read my comment.  It is very obviously a knock against our overly-aggressive, misplaced action.  Instead of investigating NORAD for standing doen on 9/11, we're strip searching people for having 4 0z. of water.  My own father - white guy that looks like Bruce willis - was actually searched and detained last night because he was flying with a good friend of his who owns a business but happens to be of middle eastern decent.

...and I'm more disgusted that some moderator was fucking blind enough to delete it.  Ignorance, and a blind desire to be offended.  Man up, do your research, and grow the hell up.

Rob, it's just any comment referring us to terrorists just gets on my nerves.. Ever since September 11 my life has completely changed, and I get looked down upon and made fun of because I am Persian and Muslim.. It was just before the revolution when the Shah of Iran and Nixon were great friends, and the Shah and JFK, and his wife and Jackie O.. But then those dicks took over our country, and have ruined each of our lives and our reputations.. along with other Muslimes such as Osama and Sadaam.. Just to let you guys know, none of us Persians like this regime, our their extremists views.. all we want is our Shah back (his son) this regime gone, and we want to be great friends again with the great nation (the U.S).. 99 percent of us hate the regime btw..

I'm sorry Rob, for taking it out of context, and next time I'll read more carefully.. I'm just sick of seeing Muslim and Terrorist in the same sentence.. I hope you understand..

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #66 on: October 16, 2006, 01:51:20 AM »
Rob, it's just any comment referring us to terrorists just gets on my nerves.. Ever since September 11 my life has completely changed, and I get looked down upon and made fun of because I am Persian and Muslim.. It was just before the revolution when the Shah of Iran and Nixon were great friends, and the Shah and JFK, and his wife and Jackie O.. But then those dicks took over our country, and have ruined each of our lives and our reputations.. along with other Muslimes such as Osama and Sadaam.. Just to let you guys know, none of us Persians like this regime, our their extremists views.. all we want is our Shah back (his son) this regime gone, and we want to be great friends again with the great nation (the U.S).. 99 percent of us hate the regime btw..

I'm sorry Rob, for taking it out of context, and next time I'll read more carefully.. I'm just sick of seeing Muslim and Terrorist in the same sentence.. I hope you understand..

no prob man.  I agree completely - it's the same kind of racism which was carefully cultivated to get an entire generation of Americans to hate all Germans & Japanese (40s), Koreans (50s), Vietnamese (60-70s) and now Muslims.  Without that kind of hatred, the population will not support a war (and as we all know - wars are very good for the business of empirebuilding, the goal of what we do here in the US).  Our people are conditioned to mistrust every muslim on every plane - when on 9/11, it was quite a team effort (Arabs in cockpit but white guys in ties keeping fighter pilots on the ground).

Just because 1% of a certain population does something, our media and leaders paint a broad stroke of the entire group, so our nationalistic drive kicks in, and we just wanna bomb the shit out of them.   Osama, Al Q, and the Mujahadeen - they were created and funded by the US to keep the Russians from taking afghan/caspian basin - and useful today for justifying the wars our leaders want.  The crazy bombers and nuts on the streets in the middle east have no idea how bad they're being pwned... US $ to Osama get him to rile them all up, they do some evil shit, we get to respond with a thousand times the force, and put in a base and an oil pipeline while we're there.

LOL... oh shit, this just became a General board rant, my bad!  all is well tho!

disco_stu

• Getbig V
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #67 on: October 16, 2006, 02:20:13 AM »
i wouldnt have thought a 6 hour plane trip was a long one?...long enough to mess with your balance...

i travel OS regularly and am always dehydrated and tired when arriving. keep up the water (although that means getting up to go to the toilet all the time) and walk around.

also work in some form of bodyclock adjustment. I have a feeling that that may be the biggest issue here.

you've got to transition the change in time zone, not sleep or stay awak through it all in one hit. You can't makeup sleep.

So best to be in advance of it, and have a strategy to make the transition as gradual as possible.

i try to adjust my local bodyclock by an hour or 2  a day for 3 days prior to leaving, then arrive and expect my clock to be about 3-6 hours off...that can be made up within 3 days a the same 1-2 hour/day strategy,

This works perfectly as 12 hours enables eitherway synchronisation of the world's timezones- it is the worst case scenario.

remember that 16 hours behind is actually 8 hours ahead but yesterday...so you design to adjust for the 8 hour bit and just forget a day.

Sami The Black-smith

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
« Reply #68 on: October 16, 2006, 03:16:12 AM »

disco_stu : thanx bro, yeah 6hrs flight is not really long one but can do a damage some times and to me i have to be more careful when it comes to standing next to BIG names on the stage ( LEE PRIEST, RODNEY st. Could, Andreas Frey,Zoltan) these guys going to come 110% ready and its not that easy to keep up with them with any mistake, thats why i want to find the perfect way on keeping my shape,lines and size till the show.. So far i got the clear picture about every thing regarding how to deal with the water intake during flight,carb and the day of the arrival.......

i will arrive early morning 6.30am on 21st and my show on 22nd evening, which i have almost 2 days to adjest every thing...

FROM the bottom of my heart and i mean it THANK you all for posting all the help u can give and the great PRO ( LEE PRIEST ) who sent me PM giving me the tips and HIS OWN way on dealing with long and short flight, Carb loading, water intake...... thats such an honor to have from a person that i am coming to beat!!!!!  see guys thats why i want to stick with PDI.. every one is helpful, nice, and treat u the way u r.....even in NY i got the best treatment from every one.. in the gym, street, shopping, back the stage, the crowd and PDI agents...to me so far the best place to be and hang around is NEW YORK the people down there are great and down to earth as long as u respect ur self ;D

~ The Black Smith ~

walking sculpture

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #69 on: October 16, 2006, 03:32:23 AM »
Seriously, to Rob's point, a big ass middle eastern dude, pacing the aisle of a plane looking all depleted and probably somewhat nervous, with shaved forearms might raise some suspicion. Why is that hard to understand or accept?.....If you're gonna get all pissed off, get pissed off at the regimes and terrorists that, through their actions, created this sort of scrutiny..... 

I would just let the flight crew know that you are going to compete in a bodybuilding show and that you have to spend some time walking the asile during the flight.     

ali23

• Getbig III
« Reply #70 on: October 16, 2006, 05:40:42 PM »
Seriously, to Rob's point, a big ass middle eastern dude, pacing the aisle of a plane looking all depleted and probably somewhat nervous, with shaved forearms might raise some suspicion. Why is that hard to understand or accept?.....If you're gonna get all pissed off, get pissed off at the regimes and terrorists that, through their actions, created this sort of scrutiny..... 

I would just let the flight crew know that you are going to compete in a bodybuilding show and that you have to spend some time walking the asile during the flight.     

my dad's persain, is big from working out, and is a commercial airline pilot...

disco_stu

• Getbig V
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #71 on: October 17, 2006, 04:13:02 AM »
actually all sensitivities aside, the fact that a big dude who may appear intimidating to some, walking the aisles i reckon, is pretty funny.

you should give out some nasty stares too i reckon....just for laughs.

KeepItReal

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #72 on: October 19, 2006, 12:04:09 AM »
YO Sami,

Just a couple of days left.  Good luck with your show!

THEN, afterwards, Lee's buying dinner still, yes??   ???    ;D

Cheers!!

Sami The Black-smith

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
« Reply #73 on: October 19, 2006, 03:04:18 AM »
YO Sami,

Just a couple of days left.  Good luck with your show!

THEN, afterwards, Lee's buying dinner still, yes??   ???    ;D

Cheers!!

Hey whats up Boss ;D
thanx for wishing me a good luck i really need it..... Regarding LEE, So far he didnt say any thing about the FOOD even thu i asked him couple of times >:(  but i guess he is so busy taking care of things like the Car racing+dieting+traveling+IFBB case + and family  so i guess i shall wait till next year ;)

yeah i got only today and tomorrow then leaving to London.... every thing ok. i am 206pounds i got only littel water which is am keeping it for the flying and carb loading which gonna take care of it...i think i will be 208-210 after the loading and hit the stage

~ The Black Smith ~