Author Topic: How often do you weigh yourself?  (Read 7603 times)

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
Re: How often do you weigh yourself?
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2006, 06:24:08 AM »
hehe

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2006, 11:08:07 AM »

2 points!

agog \uh-GOG\, adjective:
Full of excitement or interest; in eager desire; eager, keen.

I'm positive she meant:

a·gape (ə-gāp', ə-găp')
adv. & adj.
In a state of wonder or amazement, as with the mouth wide open.

And flowey, I weigh myself approximately 6x per year.  I was going to weigh myself this morning because I'm feeling pretty fit, but I didn't weigh myself because if the number would have been above a certain range, I'd be sad :(.  But if it'd been under a certain range, I'd use it as an excuse to eat like a pig. :-[
R

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
  • Eat Balut! High in Protein!
« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2006, 04:08:16 PM »
Ha!  hA hA!         

Body weight: It's a subject of debate, but the latest research suggests it's a good idea to step on the scale every day: A new study from Brown and Duke Universities showed that 61 percent of people who weighed themselves daily stayed within 5 pounds of their starting weight, compared to just 32 percent who weighed in less often. Why? Daily monitoring helped them catch weight gain early and take counteractive steps. For best results, weigh yourself in the morning (when we tend to weigh the least) after going to the bathroom, before breakfast, and while wearing little to no clothing. And always use the same scale in the same spot. Two accurate models: the Tanita Digital Bathroom Scale ($47.95 at healthchecksystems.com) and the Health-O-Meter Digital Lithium Scale ($34.99 at Kmart).
Next thing you know, they say VACCINES are safe! ;D Did you get a gun yet? And did you see the Hover lawn mower pic I posted for you? ;D

Deedee

• Getbig V
  • They sicken of the calm, who knew the storm.
« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2006, 04:15:31 PM »
I weigh myself every day. Since I'm so lousy with the calendar, it lets me know when the curse is about to befall me. Anyone with terrible dismenoreah probably understands.  :( This is the girl board right?

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2006, 04:39:52 PM »
I weigh myself every day. Since I'm so lousy with the calendar, it lets me know when the curse is about to befall me. Anyone with terrible dismenoreah probably understands.  :( This is the girl board right?

since your a muse can't you hover over the scale until it reads what you want it too?

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: October 18, 2006, 03:25:10 AM »
I started back at the gym two weeks ago after a six month lay-off. Before then I wasn't weighing myself at all but when I started back I weigh myself every Sunday morning, naked, before breakfast just to see the week's progress. It's working well for me because you see good results that way. My wife on the other hand weighs herself virtually every day and gets upset if the scales haven't moved downwards!

2lean

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2006, 10:58:15 AM »
Like xxxLinda, I don't get on the scale unless it is for a doctor's appointment.  I go by the way my clothes fit and look.  Usually if the jeans are too tight and pulling in the wrong direction, then I better cut back on the junk.  I just step up the cardio and the weight melts off.

Madam X

• Getbig II
  • The Madam is Watching You
« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2006, 12:44:23 PM »
The scale is one guide, the mirror a more harsh mistress.
Celebrate pain.

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: October 19, 2006, 02:17:57 PM »
  I just step up the cardio and the weight melts off.

yer banned >:(

lol...Just teasing 2lean ;D 
PMS :-[
R