Author Topic: How often do you weigh yourself?  (Read 7640 times)

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
How often do you weigh yourself?
« on: October 13, 2006, 08:07:31 AM »

I ask because I do every morning   ::) and on Thursday my scale died and I was kinda freaking.   

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
Re: How often do you weigh yourself?
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2006, 08:10:55 AM »
I ask because I do every morning   ::) and on Thursday my scale died and I was kinda freaking.   

Honestly Flower, I would say once a month. I don't like to do it to often as it can play mind games with you.

PB

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
  • thank you Ron & Getbig, I've had so much fun
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2006, 08:19:54 AM »

Will you buy another?

I wouldn't.  But I guess I'm lucky.  I've weighed about the same for the last 10 years.  And before that I was the same size, I just put on muscle in my later years, which weighs more.

I have a few theories about your scales:  chuck 'em out and don't bother.  you can tell by looking in a mirror or just by putting on your jeans whether you're a pound or so heavier today...

Also (the good news)...  I learned in Canada (they told me it was an Eskimo thing (only kidding)) that it's sensible to bulk up with 5-10lbs of fat for the winter.  It's natural.  Our bodies do that.  I was even told that it keeps you warmer over the winter months.  As the nights draw in and it's darker longer, your body needs a bit more fat.  Then you drop it again in the Spring.

My theory is that if you keep weighing yourself you'll never reach your ideal weight.  Also my bathroom is the size of an American closet and I have no floor space for scales.

with love,
Linda

ps:   If you must weigh yourself, do it at the gym after sweating buckets.  That's the best and in my opinion, the only time to step on the scales.

Euro-monster

• Getbig V
  • Team Dutchie style!!
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2006, 08:32:23 AM »
Thats bordering on obssesed Flower... :)
Just look at yourself in the mirror from time to time...if you get fatter your clothes won't fit you so you know you need to lose some weight.
If you are into working out maybe its wise to do a bf reading once a month to see where you at...
?

Euro-monster

• Getbig V
  • Team Dutchie style!!
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2006, 08:39:16 AM »
I know it is but I have had eating disorders in the past so I can't help it.    It's a control thing.    Sometimes I actually weigh less at night than I did in the morning.   ;D

It's been 3 weeks chocolate free btw!! 
    ;D

..... 8)
?

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2006, 09:08:26 AM »
I'm hoping you will look on the bright side?  all eating is a control thing.  chocolate is not going to make you that fat, in moderation.   it's the fatty foods and too many carbs which make you chunky in the wrong places if you don't get enough excercise.  So, unless you've had like anorexia or bulimia or something, it's just life.

I hardly eat (but there again my kitchen is a bombsite and I'm not very rich and I rarely get invited out for dinner anymore).  I eat one proper meal a day, around 2pm.  Sometimes I eat supper.

I never snack. 

I know breakfast is important, but I've never liked it, my mouth doesn't work properly for a few hours after I wake up.  I drink coffee till 1pm.  I know that's probably not terribly healthy, but it works for me.  Actually, it's a whore's breakfast and I learned it in NY.  That's my eating disorder made public.

xL

Euro-monster

• Getbig V
  • Team Dutchie style!!
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2006, 09:15:00 AM »
I'm hoping you will look on the bright side?  all eating is a control thing.  chocolate is not going to make you that fat, in moderation.   it's the fatty foods and too many carbs which make you chunky in the wrong places if you don't get enough excercise.  So, unless you've had like anorexia or bulimia or something, it's just life.

I hardly eat (but there again my kitchen is a bombsite and I'm not very rich and I rarely get invited out for dinner anymore).  I eat one proper meal a day, around 2pm.  Sometimes I eat supper.

I never snack. 

I know breakfast is important, but I've never liked it, my mouth doesn't work properly for a few hours after I wake up.  I drink coffee till 1pm.  I know that's probably not terribly healthy, but it works for me.  Actually, it's a whore's breakfast and I learned it in NY.  That's my eating disorder made public.

xL

I fucking like how you post on here Linda...you crack me up Hahahahaaaa... ;D
?

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2006, 09:28:07 AM »

I guess you missed the part where I said I've had eating disorders in the past.

::)

no, no flower...  I did say unless you're talking bulimia or anorexia.  I said chocolate is not a big eating disorder.  I explained my eating habits, which are certainly not proper.

sorry.  I don't think we should start a real eating disorder thread though, unless someone is honest enough and un-shy enough to bare all and teach.

(sorry if I'm seeming insensitive

xLinda

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2006, 09:37:42 AM »
right.  sorry, if that's appropriate. 

I have a mental disorder: I'm bi-polar, manic depressive. obsessive compulsive.

whatever.

It's all about power and control and whether we think we have any.

with love,
Linda
xxx

(which is why I garden.  that's my kind of power and control.  I can just move the lillies.

Obsessive compulsive disorder.  Do they have that in America?

Hyper activity?

(I love all these new names for new disorders...

I've read and have been told that eating disorders, drinking and drug problems, plus OCD are all mental health issues.  And that they are, for most people, a phase we go through.

They are fixable.  First you must admit you have a problem, then seek help. 
(or in my case, read the book and sort yourself out.  I never go looking for advice. 

Most people who profess to be experts on the subject are just out of college and they've given them a clipboard and they just tick boxes.

I think that's basic AA 101, but I missed that class...

So don't listen to anyone but yourself.
xL

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2006, 12:09:39 PM »
precisely.  I reckon I've taught a lot of therapists.  They sit there agog for 50 minutes and then kick me out.

As for the bottled water...  There's something on the news recently about how the plastic is no good for you.

God knows, I don't

with love
Linda
xxx

but chocolalic is good for you.  It's good for your brain, like fish.  It's an o me ga tree.

I dont' need uppers.

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2006, 12:25:30 PM »
Buy Perrier or San Pelligrino in glass bottles.

Aren't we lucky we have taps?  I'm telling you.  This is madness.  We've got all the water we need and people elsewhere walk 2 miles with a bucket.

Go figure.

Rearden Metal

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Honey Badger cuz he don't Care.
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2006, 12:33:01 PM »
Once a day, at the gym.

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2006, 12:44:59 PM »

i sit on my sis and fart every now n then and i guage my weight by how loud SHE screams ;D
carpe` vaginum!

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2006, 12:54:31 PM »
i sit on my sis and fart every now n then and i guage my weight by how loud the bitch screams ;D
LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL !!!

PB

YoMamaBeenLurking

• Getbig IV
  • The Black Knight
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2006, 01:58:02 PM »
precisely.  I reckon I've taught a lot of therapists.  They sit there agog for 50 minutes and then kick me out.

As for the bottled water...  There's something on the news recently about how the plastic is no good for you.

God knows, I don't

with love
Linda
xxx

but chocolalic is good for you.  It's good for your brain, like fish.  It's an o me ga tree.

I dont' need uppers.

2 points!

agog \uh-GOG\, adjective:
Full of excitement or interest; in eager desire; eager, keen.
BKS - Guardian of Truth

davidpaul

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2006, 06:01:20 AM »
twice a day easily, normally everytime im near a scales :-\

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2006, 09:02:07 AM »

2 points!

agog \uh-GOG\, adjective:
Full of excitement or interest; in eager desire; eager, keen.

know what, Sore?  I didn't know the proper definition of agog.  It just came off the top of my head.  You obviously like four letter words.  I thought agog had something to do with disbelief...  But now I know.  (I've not yet looked it up in the big dic.

Flower baby, you okay?  I apologise profusely again, if needs be, for perhaps seeming in sensitive.

with love
Linda

YoMamaBeenLurking

• Getbig IV
  • The Black Knight
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2006, 04:58:15 PM »
know what, Sore?  I didn't know the proper definition of agog.  It just came off the top of my head.  You obviously like four letter words.  I thought agog had something to do with disbelief...  But now I know.  (I've not yet looked it up in the big dic.

Flower baby, you okay?  I apologise profusely again, if needs be, for perhaps seeming in sensitive.

with love
Linda

I'm not Sore. 
BKS - Guardian of Truth

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2006, 05:17:57 PM »

I'm not Sore. 

must beim wron gain.

good nite

with love

xxxx

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
  • Eat Balut! High in Protein!
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2006, 05:20:57 AM »
Flower chocolate is fine to eat. Just buy some chocolate pudding with splenda.  ;D

Once a week for me BTW on the scale. But at the same time each week. Usually Monday morning at 6:00 AM before I drink my first shake.

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2006, 05:30:35 AM »
i just weighed myself, since i started my diet.  :-\

i'm depressed now so i think i'll go eat some reese's lol.  stupid scale.

I will proably do it once a week perhaps twice.  once in the beginning of the week then at the end.  That way if i have the urge to cheat i can subdue it, or maybe ease up on that cheat day if i haven't had the loses i wanted

muscleforlife

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2006, 05:31:54 AM »
I threw my scale out years ago.

I may weigh myself once a couple of months, if that often.

I rely on how my clothes fit to gauge my weight.

Even to this day, with all of the knowledge we have about scales and weight, we still freak out when we see certain numbers on a scale.  I got tired of playing mind games whenever I stepped on a scale.

Sandra

mish

• Getbig III
  • We'll start the ass-kissing with you.
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2006, 05:52:10 AM »
I don't even own a scale, the last time I had a scale I was still living with my parents. :-\ If I really want to know how much I weigh we have one at work outside the nurses station, other than that I only find out when I go to the doctors.
BKS approved

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2006, 05:56:55 AM »
your so small you could probably weigh yourself on a food scale, lol

mish

• Getbig III
  • We'll start the ass-kissing with you.
« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2006, 06:02:53 AM »