Author Topic: MONSTER TRICEPS! Ask JROD (Nattie BB CHAMP) Q & A  (Read 341247 times)

jrod

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
Re: Hey Adonis, Is This Guy On Drugs? MONSTER TRICEPS!
« Reply #175 on: December 05, 2006, 11:00:02 AM »
I actually did not do very much cardio.  I have to be careful with how much cardio i do; i can easily do too much and lose muscle.  I did cardio (15-16 minutes, very high intensity) when i was 5 to 2 weeks out.  Usually about 1-2 times per week.

As for when:
on days where i lifted weights, i would do cardio at night, about 6-7 hours after weight training. 
on days where i didnt lift weights, i did cardio in the morning (about2 hours after breakfast). 

As for my weight training, I train very, very much like Max-OT. 

jrod

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #176 on: December 05, 2006, 08:01:11 PM »
is JRod really who he says he is???

In the video interview you said you didnt do ANY cardio....

i dont want to be throwing out false accusations, but that is a big difference between what you are saying now.  if i am making a faulty conclusion here i apologize, but just wondering how these statements can agree with eachother.

I was refering to the offseason in the video.

Tier

• Getbig III
  • Lift light with sloppy form
« Reply #177 on: December 05, 2006, 08:06:45 PM »
Thanks for the info jrod  :)

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
« Reply #178 on: December 06, 2006, 11:15:00 PM »
What comes these two dudes, I say they have been on gear. Why? Because there is just about no BB;er who doesn't use. So simple. Even schoolboys are on gear, so why doesn't these dudes? They have some motivation, some reason to build up their body, so why do it the hard way? If you do, you never be anything in business. You train 5 years to find out that 15 year old guys on gear look bigger than you after their first year of training. Why don't you face the fact and believe that there isn't such thing as natural bodybuilder.

As a life-time drug free pro.....who has NEVER used....I debunk your assinine statement....

Acerimmer1

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #179 on: December 07, 2006, 08:05:35 AM »
As a life-time drug free pro.....who has NEVER used....I debunk your assinine statement....

They're to dry to be on gear! But they're probably so dehydrated that they're shafting their kidneys all the same.

Tier

• Getbig III
  • Lift light with sloppy form
« Reply #180 on: December 07, 2006, 10:38:26 AM »
..hmm yeah your right , they better take the healthy route and take roids  ;D

who cares , if you can't get in that condition naturally then diddums , at the end of the day it doesn't matter what anyone else looks like , more importantly focus on making you the best you , drug free or steroids.

jrod

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #181 on: December 07, 2006, 11:29:19 AM »
They're to dry to be on gear! But they're probably so dehydrated that they're shafting their kidneys all the same.

Here was my water intake for the show:
8 Weeks out – 3 weeks out: at least 3 gallons of water per day
2 Weeks out -8 days out: at least 3.5 gallons of water per day
7 days out – 3 days out: at least 5 gallons of water per day
2 days out: 2.5 gallons of water
1 day out: 1-1.25 gallons of water
Show days (Fri., Sat.): 1 gallon of water
(Since the show was at night I had about 50 ounces before prejudging and 80 ounces after)

In fact, on the day these pictures were taken (5 or 6 pm.,weighins, the day before prejudging), I drank 1-1.25 gallons of water evenly distributed throughout the day.

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #182 on: December 07, 2006, 03:42:25 PM »

(Since the show was at night I had about 50 ounces before prejudging and 80 ounces after)

In fact, on the day these pictures were taken (5 or 6 pm.,weighins, the day before prejudging), I drank 1-1.25 gallons of water evenly distributed throughout the day.

Awesome condition PROPS!
just push some weight!

natural al

• Getbig V
  • like it or don't, learn to live with it..whooooooo
« Reply #183 on: December 11, 2006, 09:56:20 AM »
awsome thread, I understand that this guy is natural but this should be on the main board cause alot of this information is great for everybody that comes to GB.
nasser=piece of shit

1991rs

• Getbig II
« Reply #184 on: December 11, 2006, 07:02:07 PM »
jrod, u are insane..

if I had conditioning like that, id be hittin all the girlies................. ..... 2x

serious note...U look great man, I admire the dedication that it must take to get to that level.

MAD PROPS

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #185 on: March 13, 2007, 02:34:22 PM »
BUMP FOR TOO EASY

;D

saucetradomous

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #186 on: March 14, 2007, 11:24:39 AM »
You got any offseason pics Jrod? whats your weight at before you start cutting?

affy

« Reply #187 on: March 15, 2007, 10:59:02 AM »

smart man.  cutting out water completely the day of the contest is about the stupidest thing you can do

You look great...your diet is almost vegetarian...barely and meat, makes it all the more amazing

jrod

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #188 on: March 20, 2007, 09:16:21 AM »
You got any offseason pics Jrod? whats your weight at before you start cutting?

I weighed about 193 before dieting in 2006 ( I weigh about 200 today).  As for pictures, I only have one offseason picture from 2006 (i usually dont take pictures; This year if I get ready for the TU I should probably take progress pics).  The picture below was taken on  February 20th, 2006; I started dieting for the 2006 Contra Costa in March. 

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #189 on: March 21, 2007, 04:10:03 AM »
looks like a fucking manga. great.

El Guapo

• Getbig III
  • Don't hate me cause I'm beautiful
« Reply #190 on: March 23, 2007, 08:28:48 AM »
Jrod, with all the eggs and protein powder that you eat up to a contest, are you not worried about sodium?

jrod

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #191 on: March 27, 2007, 02:24:24 PM »
Jrod, with all the eggs and protein powder that you eat up to a contest, are you not worried about sodium?

No, I wasn't worried about sodium.  In fact, for several weeks I actually wanted my sodium intake to be high so I added sodium (from seasoning). 

saucetradomous

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #192 on: March 27, 2007, 06:16:59 PM »
I weighed about 193 before dieting in 2006 ( I weigh about 200 today).  As for pictures, I only have one offseason picture from 2006 (i usually dont take pictures; This year if I get ready for the TU I should probably take progress pics).  The picture below was taken on  February 20th, 2006; I started dieting for the 2006 Contra Costa in March. 

Dude that's hardly offseason.. you look insane!  you say your around 200lbs today what's your bodyfat at right now?

jrod

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #193 on: March 27, 2007, 07:42:11 PM »
Thanks!

I do not get my BF% tested but I am at least as lean as the above off season picture (since I'm a bit bigger, some lines/definition shows better).  That is where my BF% always stays (whatever it is in the off season picture) year round when I am not getting ready for a show.  I have no idea what my BF% was when I was competing, or what it was in the above off season picture.  I don't worry about it in the off season cause I stay lean anyways, and come show time I gauge my conditioning according to the mirror.   

saucetradomous

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #194 on: March 27, 2007, 09:19:53 PM »
So what would you say you'd be at around contest time? 185+?

jrod

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #195 on: March 28, 2007, 09:31:32 AM »
I have no idea what I'll weigh come contest time.  For me at least, I dont think that X pounds gained in the offseason = X pounds bigger come contest time. 

I weighed 176 +- 2 lbs. all day on pre judging and on the day of the night show at the '06 TU.  So, 185 in the same (or better!) condition would be great, but I would also be happy to come in at 180 and make the light heavyweight class.

The Enigma

• Getbig IV
  • Porsche 911 Turbo Carerra. My reality, your dream.
« Reply #196 on: March 28, 2007, 05:00:28 PM »
Conditioning CAN be MATCHED to any juicer by a LIFETIME NATURAL.

And ANYBODY can be 2-3 percent bodyfat.  ANYBODY.....Its just knowing how to get there.

I will show you all.  That is a promise and I want all of you to hold me to it.

Show us Dr. Adonis.  ::)

jrod

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #197 on: March 28, 2007, 06:57:35 PM »
JROD,

I am doing a contest in 3 weeks.  Can you give me any last minute tips?!!!  THANKS!

Tough to say since I know nothing about you, but I would say in general keep dieting hard, dont make any drastic last minute changes that you are unsure about, and practice posing (quarter turns and mandatories to show your physique as best as possible during pre-judging).   

GOOD LUCK!

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #198 on: March 28, 2007, 07:00:59 PM »
jrod do you train? :o
just push some weight!

saucetradomous

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #199 on: March 28, 2007, 10:58:24 PM »
I have no idea what I'll weigh come contest time.  For me at least, I dont think that X pounds gained in the offseason = X pounds bigger come contest time. 

I weighed 176 +- 2 lbs. all day on pre judging and on the day of the night show at the '06 TU.  So, 185 in the same (or better!) condition would be great, but I would also be happy to come in at 180 and make the light heavyweight class.

Yeah but if you knew your bodyfat at X number of pounds in the offseason and you were larger then you were last year at the same bodyfat couldn't you say you'll be x number of lbs bigger this year come contest time? I'm about 210lbs at 18"-20" bf so I think 175lbs would be my contest weight but I don't know... Your pics are very motivational.. you should post more!