Author Topic: MONSTER TRICEPS! Ask JROD (Nattie BB CHAMP) Q & A  (Read 339573 times)

Super Natural

• Getbig IV
  • Repent of Soy liberalism.
Re: MONSTER TRICEPS! Ask JROD (Nattie BB CHAMP) Q & A
« Reply #525 on: July 14, 2009, 08:04:25 AM »
Now that's shredded for 10 weeks out!!!!  :o Nice one Jeff! looking ahead of schedule as always.

Keep chasing all the way!

jrod

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #526 on: July 14, 2009, 01:45:25 PM »
looking great jrod.  legs look a little small compared to your upper body though would be my main criticism.  calves in particular.  unreal conditioning for 10 weeks out. 

how much do you weigh right now?  good luck with the rest of your prep.  looking huge and ripped as usual.

Thanks!

I don't weigh myself very often once I start dieting and last time I did, I dont think it was indicative of much (at least when trying to guess what my "contest/weigh in" weight will be) cause I had on clothing (including sweatshirt and shoes), wasn't restricting water, was about to train, etc.... I probably weigh around 195-200 in these "non-indicative" conditions.

jrod

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #527 on: July 14, 2009, 01:46:08 PM »
Now that's shredded for 10 weeks out!!!!  :o Nice one Jeff! looking ahead of schedule as always.

Keep chasing all the way!

Thanks!
Now that's shredded for 0 weeks out!!!
I'll keep chasing...

jrod

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #528 on: August 15, 2009, 04:56:33 PM »
Here are some progress pictures. 5 weeks out, taken today: 8-15-09

AVBG

« Reply #529 on: August 15, 2009, 11:09:29 PM »
Feck me dead!  :o Amazing Jrod

Batten down the hatches..I forsee another Jrod thread on the main board!

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #530 on: August 16, 2009, 05:24:56 AM »
Here are some progress pictures. 5 weeks out, taken today: 8-15-09

ridiculous!!  :o :o :o

What are your stats, jrod??  :o :o

saucetradomous

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #531 on: August 16, 2009, 08:02:48 AM »

Haha I was thinking the same thing.  Here we go again.

jrod

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #532 on: August 20, 2009, 09:53:02 PM »
ridiculous!!  :o :o :o

What are your stats, jrod??  :o :o

Last time I weighed myself was more than a month ago and I weighed 200 lbs. Since then I've stopped weighing myself, so who knows.  Best I can say is I surely don't weigh more today than I did a month ago, so I'm either 200 lbs. or less (most likely, of course, less).  I don't weight myself anymore because I don't want it to have any effect on how I perceive myself and how I diet; I just use the mirror as my guide. 

jrod

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #533 on: August 20, 2009, 09:53:44 PM »

Haha I was thinking the same thing.  Here we go again.

Hahaha, you guys called it!

Bobby

• Getbig V
  • is da lordes plan
« Reply #534 on: August 21, 2009, 03:17:40 AM »
Hi Jrod!

I see that you are eating a good amount of fat this year, like 50grams a day. Last year however your fat intake was minimal at 10gms a day. How come you've made this change in your diet?
tank u jesus

jrod

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #535 on: August 21, 2009, 05:40:47 AM »
Hi Jrod!

I see that you are eating a good amount of fat this year, like 50grams a day. Last year however your fat intake was minimal at 10gms a day. How come you've made this change in your diet?

Because I'm always looking to improve my diet somehow and have learned that this is one area which was more important than I thought and have neglected in the past...simply part of the learning process and becoming a better bodybuilder.  So this year, I wanted to try eating a bit more fat and seeing how that works--so far so good. 

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #536 on: August 21, 2009, 06:55:48 AM »
Last time I weighed myself was more than a month ago and I weighed 200 lbs. Since then I've stopped weighing myself, so who knows.  Best I can say is I surely don't weigh more today than I did a month ago, so I'm either 200 lbs. or less (most likely, of course, less).  I don't weight myself anymore because I don't want it to have any effect on how I perceive myself and how I diet; I just use the mirror as my guide. 

how tall are you?

jrod

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #537 on: August 21, 2009, 09:00:39 AM »

Bobby

• Getbig V
  • is da lordes plan
« Reply #538 on: August 21, 2009, 09:40:34 AM »
Because I'm always looking to improve my diet somehow and have learned that this is one area which was more important than I thought and have neglected in the past...simply part of the learning process and becoming a better bodybuilder.  So this year, I wanted to try eating a bit more fat and seeing how that works--so far so good. 

What changes have you noticed from this?

As far as improving, it's not like you had a problem getting ripped before. Don't fix what ain't broke etc...i'm just curious about the change.
tank u jesus

saucetradomous

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #539 on: August 21, 2009, 03:40:13 PM »
Yo Jeff.. When was the last time you had a beer? or had something not on the "Bodybuilding" menu?  That's really gotta hurt the social life.. where you meeting the ladies?

jrod

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #540 on: August 22, 2009, 09:51:05 AM »
What changes have you noticed from this?

As far as improving, it's not like you had a problem getting ripped before. Don't fix what ain't broke etc...i'm just curious about the change.

To be honest with you, its hard to say what changes are ONLY from that.  I've noticed this year I'm stronger and am able to get through my workouts with less suffering (being that I'm 4 weeks out now), but that one change is not the only thing I've done slightly diffrently.  I have also been doing more cardio and eating more (calories), getting a bit less sleep than usual, training with my girlfriend, etc.  So it might be more than JUST that factor. 

As for the "don't fix what ain't broke" comment, well part of the fun is in improving (even on the aspects I'm good at).  Also, I started so far out this year (20 weeks) that if this wasn't working, I could have just gone back to what I was doing before and still had time. 

jrod

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #541 on: August 22, 2009, 10:09:30 AM »
Yo Jeff.. When was the last time you had a beer? or had something not on the "Bodybuilding" menu?  That's really gotta hurt the social life.. where you meeting the ladies?

I don't drink alcohol--more of a personal choise.  As for non-bodybuilding food, last time was probably right before I started my diet.  And different as it may sound, I really love the way I eat in the offseason.  I actually enjoy foods that are good for bodybuilding  As for meeting ladies, I'm very, very lucky in that my girlfriend is really all I could ask for in a partner--I'm very much in love with her. 

Bobby

• Getbig V
  • is da lordes plan
« Reply #542 on: August 22, 2009, 10:36:17 AM »
Yeah i know you won't have a problem getting ready as you were already ripped 20 weeks out :o

Everyone always say you should have some healthy fat in the diet, but i don't understand the "need" for it. You were doing well without it. Anyway, Good luck with the show!
tank u jesus

jrod

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #543 on: August 23, 2009, 10:15:28 AM »
Yeah i know you won't have a problem getting ready as you were already ripped 20 weeks out :o

Everyone always say you should have some healthy fat in the diet, but i don't understand the "need" for it. You were doing well without it. Anyway, Good luck with the show!

I think its good to strive for improvement, thats all.

Thanks!

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #544 on: August 23, 2009, 12:24:05 PM »
5'9"

5'9" 200lbs single digit bf natural?

why don't you go pro?

jrod

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #545 on: August 23, 2009, 06:32:36 PM »
5'9" 200lbs single digit bf natural?

why don't you go pro?

I doubt I'm 200 lbs.  like I said, that was at about 10 weeks out; now I'm probably less.  Regardless, I'm doing my best to win at TU this year, which would mean turning pro. 

Then again, if I did turn pro, I doubt I'd really be competitive--it would just be for fun.  Its ok, though, cause bodybuilding is my passion, my hobby.  I appreciate what it gives me (something to strive for and look forward to) and do not see it as something I need to make money off/live off/etc.  I'm getting what I want out of it as it is, so I'm pretty happy.

jrod

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #546 on: August 23, 2009, 11:02:29 PM »
I've been training with my girlfriend for the last several weeks and its been great. Here's a (shitty cell phone) picture she took at the gym today, 4 weeks out!

Bobby

• Getbig V
  • is da lordes plan
« Reply #547 on: August 24, 2009, 02:37:37 AM »
man she's ripped too :o

wtf is the secret >:( ;D
tank u jesus

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #548 on: August 24, 2009, 12:07:31 PM »

yes, i'm wondering about that too.

:o :o :o

jrod

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #549 on: August 24, 2009, 07:29:40 PM »

Hahaha.

She takes Trader Darwin's High Potency Chewable Multiple Vitamin & Mineral Formula.