Author Topic: MONSTER TRICEPS! Ask JROD (Nattie BB CHAMP) Q & A  (Read 341095 times)

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
Re: MONSTER TRICEPS! Ask JROD (Nattie BB CHAMP) Q & A
« Reply #550 on: August 28, 2009, 07:34:03 AM »
EXCELLENT JOB MAXIMIZING ONES GENETICS FOR SIZE,SHAPE AND ABOVE ALL CONDITIONING.

jrod

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #551 on: September 04, 2009, 10:16:11 PM »
EXCELLENT JOB MAXIMIZING ONES GENETICS FOR SIZE,SHAPE AND ABOVE ALL CONDITIONING.

Thanks!

jrod

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #552 on: September 04, 2009, 10:17:24 PM »
how about some progress pics jrod?  would like to see how the prep for the show is going.

Yeah, I should take some soon.  Even better than pics, though, I've been working on a video for RxMuscle and it should be done by tomorrow so it could be up on the site in just over a week.  I'll post up any new pictures I take here.

jrod

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #553 on: September 06, 2009, 06:46:40 AM »
thanks.  i hope you win it this year man. 

Thank you, I appreciate that. 

jrod

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #554 on: September 06, 2009, 06:47:43 AM »
I've caught up on my blog and updated until 3 weeks out diet:  www.jrod123.blogspot.com

Bobby

• Getbig V
  • is da lordes plan
« Reply #555 on: September 11, 2009, 02:03:17 PM »
you sure eat alot of protein! 400gms a day :o i think 300 is high

Do you count your vegetables toward your daily carb/calorie intake? and how can you eat ricecakes :-X
tank u jesus

jrod

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #556 on: September 11, 2009, 07:09:24 PM »
you sure eat alot of protein! 400gms a day :o i think 300 is high

Do you count your vegetables toward your daily carb/calorie intake? and how can you eat ricecakes :-X

Yes, I do eat a lot of protein.

Yes I count vegetables as carbs.

I like rice cakes.

Bobby

• Getbig V
  • is da lordes plan
« Reply #557 on: September 12, 2009, 07:39:20 AM »
why? aren't veggies "free" ?

so if i eat, let's say 200g carbs from starch and then add green veggies on top of that. Am i "ruining" my diet then ?
tank u jesus

jrod

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #558 on: September 12, 2009, 08:35:11 AM »
why? aren't veggies "free" ?

so if i eat, let's say 200g carbs from starch and then add green veggies on top of that. Am i "ruining" my diet then ?

Because they have carbs.  They could be free to you, in your diet; but for me, in my pre-contest diet, since I'm paying attention to exactly how much I eat and gradually reducing, its important to count everything. 

If you eat 200g of carbs from starch and add veggies, then you're eating 200g carbs + the number of carbs from the veggies.  If you're dieting and not supposed to eat this extra amount, you may not be "RUINING" your diet as much as if you ate a giant cheesecake, but you're consuming more calories than you are supposed to (based on your set diet).  However, if its the offseason, then it probably would not make any difference at all.

Everything has to be considered in perspective.  If you're just the average gym goer and want to eat some extra veggies; go for it.  BUT, if you're 2 weeks out and trying to get lean as possible, you should probably count those calories.

Another way to think about it: if you're a billionaire and lose $1,000; its probably not going to affect you much (you wont even notice).
But, if you're a homeless guy and lose $50 out of your change cup, then you're probably not going to get to eat that night (it will affect you a lot).

Make sense?

Bobby

• Getbig V
  • is da lordes plan
« Reply #559 on: September 12, 2009, 02:34:47 PM »
Because they have carbs.  They could be free to you, in your diet; but for me, in my pre-contest diet, since I'm paying attention to exactly how much I eat and gradually reducing, its important to count everything. 

If you eat 200g of carbs from starch and add veggies, then you're eating 200g carbs + the number of carbs from the veggies.  If you're dieting and not supposed to eat this extra amount, you may not be "RUINING" your diet as much as if you ate a giant cheesecake, but you're consuming more calories than you are supposed to (based on your set diet).  However, if its the offseason, then it probably would not make any difference at all.

Everything has to be considered in perspective.  If you're just the average gym goer and want to eat some extra veggies; go for it.  BUT, if you're 2 weeks out and trying to get lean as possible, you should probably count those calories.

Another way to think about it: if you're a billionaire and lose $1,000; its probably not going to affect you much (you wont even notice).
But, if you're a homeless guy and lose $50 out of your change cup, then you're probably not going to get to eat that night (it will affect you a lot).

Make sense?

Thanks for the explanation! it's very good, i understand completely what you mean. I have always eaten a huge plate FULL of green veggies when i diet to help the hunger, i just thought it was a good thing, the more the better...
Since you are so strict i guess no-sugar-added ketchup is out of the question too?
tank u jesus

jrod

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #560 on: September 12, 2009, 03:23:35 PM »
Thanks for the explanation! it's very good, i understand completely what you mean. I have always eaten a huge plate FULL of green veggies when i diet to help the hunger, i just thought it was a good thing, the more the better...
Since you are so strict i guess no-sugar-added ketchup is out of the question too?

Haha, if I wanted to add the ketchup, and it had calories, then I would simply count those calories.  Or, I could just go with mustard.  It really depends on how strict you want to get and how strict you think is really necessary.  If you can get in amazing condition doing it a different, easier way, then just do that.  The goal is to be in good shape; it's nice to find the most efficient way to get there.  For me, I count carbs from vegetables, it might be different for you (you'll have to learn this on your own).  In the end, you'll have to learn what works for you and just cause I do something a certain way, doesn't mean it will be the best for you (its just another way you might want to consider). 

On a side note, mustard has no calories!

Bobby

• Getbig V
  • is da lordes plan
« Reply #561 on: September 12, 2009, 05:02:28 PM »
Haha, if I wanted to add the ketchup, and it had calories, then I would simply count those calories.  Or, I could just go with mustard.  It really depends on how strict you want to get and how strict you think is really necessary.  If you can get in amazing condition doing it a different, easier way, then just do that.  The goal is to be in good shape; it's nice to find the most efficient way to get there.  For me, I count carbs from vegetables, it might be different for you (you'll have to learn this on your own).  In the end, you'll have to learn what works for you and just cause I do something a certain way, doesn't mean it will be the best for you (its just another way you might want to consider). 

On a side note, mustard has no calories!

Aha i see, never been a big mustard eater. I didn't know it was 0 cals, might have to start using it then :D
I once went several weeks, i think 4 or 5 without ketchup on my rice and at the last week i couldn't even get it down, close to throwing up from it :-X

no-sugar added ketchup is my secret weapon ;D makes everything taste good

I've gotten down to approximately 7% skinfold bodyfat when i have dieted, but always failed to get lower. I hope i can reach 4-5 next time so i can be ripped like you 8)

btw when you bulked recently you barely added any bodyfat, how small was your caloric surplus to achieve that?
tank u jesus

jrod

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #562 on: September 14, 2009, 10:13:49 AM »
Aha i see, never been a big mustard eater. I didn't know it was 0 cals, might have to start using it then :D
I once went several weeks, i think 4 or 5 without ketchup on my rice and at the last week i couldn't even get it down, close to throwing up from it :-X

no-sugar added ketchup is my secret weapon ;D makes everything taste good

I've gotten down to approximately 7% skinfold bodyfat when i have dieted, but always failed to get lower. I hope i can reach 4-5 next time so i can be ripped like you 8)

btw when you bulked recently you barely added any bodyfat, how small was your caloric surplus to achieve that?

I have no idea what the exact amount of calories I need is to have no deficit or surplus, so I can't tell you what this difference is (the amount over maintenance = surplus).  In the offseason I eat on average 3800 calories (anywhere form 3400-4000).

If you want to stay lean, but still put on muscle, in the offseason, just try to eat enough, but not too much.  If you're not growing, eat a bit more.  If your bodyfat is getting too high, eat a bit less.  Eventually you'll learn your body well enough that you'll know what range of calories/what amount you should eat. 

jrod

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #563 on: September 17, 2009, 08:59:56 PM »
quick 1 day out update: http://jrod123.blogspot.com/

saucetradomous

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #564 on: September 18, 2009, 12:05:46 AM »
Living the life

good luck broham.

Morizz

• Getbig I
« Reply #565 on: September 19, 2009, 07:01:11 AM »
Living the life

good luck broham.

He he, looking good there...

jrod

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #566 on: February 08, 2010, 09:35:43 PM »
Offseason photo, taken Feb 6th, 2010

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #567 on: February 08, 2010, 11:01:07 PM »
Hahaha.

She takes Trader Darwin's High Potency Chewable Multiple Vitamin & Mineral Formula.
is that a joke?

jrod

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #568 on: February 08, 2010, 11:29:18 PM »
is that a joke?

Yes, it was a joke, but at the time, she was taking those.  Now she takes up & up (target) "children's gummy multivitamin dietary supplement"

Cyborg1000

• Getbig I
« Reply #569 on: February 10, 2010, 03:29:15 AM »
 I'm a new member,  whilst I was waiting for my new members login link to arrive I read this entire thread and I want to thank JRod. The help and advice that he has given has been so interesting to read.  I have bought many books and payed for website 'secret tips inside tips' (lol) etc over the years but none of them have been as useful as the info JRod had been kind enough to share on here!  I noticed he doesnt even complain about answering the same questions over and over a few times..lol..  I hope my question below hasnt already been asked.

I'm really amazed at how you dont just give the simple answer but you go into great detail with your response to some really tricky questions.

One question I have..  I need to increase my protein intake.  I have a good few solid meats but would prefer to include a few extra whey/oat shakes in there as it wouldnt be easy for me as it would be far more convenient.  The only problem is cost!  I live in the UK and to buy 1 (2kg) tub of whey is around £30.  I am wondering how many tubs of whey you get through every month?  I usually get through around 1 and a half tubs. Which is around £45 a month.   Would I be right that is you consume around 300g of protein from whey alone per day you must get through around £300 a month of whey alone?  (sorry I couldnt remember how much whey you consume per day so this was just a lucky guess from my poor memory! as I couldnt find the page you said about the amount of whey you use per day).

My ques is...  (before you got a sponsor) whats the most affordable way to consume this much whey of around 300g a day?  It sounds a lot of money..  over a year it would be like eating the £value of a decent car lol.

Last question...  what time of day would you take your last whey/oat drink?  is this not a good idea too late in the day?

Thank u.

Cyborg1000

• Getbig I
« Reply #570 on: February 10, 2010, 03:39:58 AM »
Offseason photo, taken Feb 6th, 2010

Thats some back!! awesome   8)

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #571 on: February 25, 2010, 08:48:30 PM »
Mr. jrod,

I have a question for you.  Sorry if this has already been asked earlier in the thread.  Are you familure with the wavelength method?

What are your opinions on this diet?

Thank you,
Eyeball
S

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #572 on: February 28, 2010, 01:40:50 AM »
LOL, you're a real pimp!

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
« Reply #573 on: February 28, 2010, 05:19:18 AM »
LOL, you're a real pimp!

I know I am, thank you.  ;D
S

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
« Reply #574 on: March 21, 2010, 04:12:19 AM »
OK, Fuck you jrod you lean mother fucker.

Ignore me all you want
S