Author Topic: A couple of TUF 4 comments.  (Read 4296 times)

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
A couple of TUF 4 comments.
« on: October 13, 2006, 10:42:04 AM »
I saw the show last night and Matt Hughes took everyone out for Sushi. He was playing mind games with George St. Pierre to the point where Hughes looked like an asshole. He was pushing him pretty hard verbally and it was clearly affecting GSP who looks like a good guy. I understand the effect mind games can have but that was pretty bad to witness.

Also, that little dude from New York Matt Serra is one hell of a whiny complainer, always talking behind peoples backs and thinking he's the leader. He was all over Matt Hughes during the ride home in the van while Hughes was nowhere in sight. Interesting that he didn't say anything to Hughes's face though. He did the same thing to Rich Franklin. He's clearly suffering from a case of the Napoleon complex with a little bit of whiny woman thrown in.

I want GSP throw a barrage of those vicious elbows into Hughes's face and end that fight in a bloody and convincing way.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
Re: A couple of TUF 4 comments.
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2006, 12:58:29 PM »
GSP strikes me as a legitimately nice guy. I'm not a big fan of Hughes who just needs to shut the fuck up sometimes.

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2006, 01:07:22 PM »
I met GSP at the Shogun event years ago when he was a nobody.  I recognized him from the TKO videos I had watched (Onlyme co promoted a BB contest alongside), he was an extremely nice guy.  This was before he dropped to 170, and fought at 185, he was walking around at 207 and wasn't fat.  Very nice guy, but hard to understand.  He was appreciative that I recognized him. 

torquemada

• Getbig IV
  • Billycarp ruled...
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2006, 09:08:51 AM »
Someone may post one now in response, but I've never read a single post or heard one person say anything derogatory about GSP.  I still think that little comment at the end of Hughes/Penn was just something Dana made him say to hype PPV. 
Hughes, on the other hand, has a pretty big rep as a bit of a prick. 
Both are great fighters; I'd like to see GSP/Hughes ASAP. ;D

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2006, 09:20:12 AM »
I've trained and hung out with GSP. He's a great guy.

Hughes strikes me as a typical arrogant Iowa wrestler. I really enjoyed when they first started getting into MMA and were getting armbared in 30 seconds.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2006, 10:56:39 AM »
I met GSP at the Shogun event years ago when he was a nobody.  I recognized him from the TKO videos I had watched (Onlyme co promoted a BB contest alongside), he was an extremely nice guy.  This was before he dropped to 170, and fought at 185, he was walking around at 207 and wasn't fat.  Very nice guy, but hard to understand.  He was appreciative that I recognized him. 

Was he at my show I don't remember.  Just remember Bas Rutten who is funny as hell.  Tito Ortiz was supposed to come but his wife or girlfriend was having a baby, so he had to cancel a couple days before.

Danny

• Getbig V
  • The original Superman
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2006, 03:56:21 PM »
GSP said a couple of moths ago , "who am I to train these guys"... :o Need I say more ??  Class act .!!!
"What we do in life ECHOES in eternity "

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2006, 08:49:32 PM »
nice guys finish last

he's too nice and humble for his own good

E
E

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2006, 09:00:49 PM »
nice guys finish last

he's too nice and humble for his own good

E

And still making more money than you probably ever will.  ::)

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2006, 09:27:22 PM »
damn you just won't get off my nuts

such a lame comment by the way, I can't throw a football as well as andrew walter so i can't criticize his play because he makes more money ::)

look at all the great champions of the past in boxing or mma

name one that would say somthing like "who am I to train these guys"

cockiness and confidence is key to being a great champion and never underestimate the power of mental warfare

E
E

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2006, 09:33:13 PM »
also berzerk if you weren't a tuf newbie you would realize that other than liddell and ortiz ufc fighters make shit

so i have more money than him hahaha ;D

E
E

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2006, 09:38:40 PM »
also berzerk if you weren't a tuf newbie you would realize that other than liddell and ortiz ufc fighters make shit

so i have more money than him hahaha ;D

E

Ever heard of sponsorships dipshit? And Franklin making 20-40k per fight isn't too bad for someone doing something most likely 100x more enjoyable than your McDonald's management position.

Keep on swinging from my nuts, though. I might make you president of my fan club.

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2006, 12:51:58 AM »
Was he at my show I don't remember.  Just remember Bas Rutten who is funny as hell.  Tito Ortiz was supposed to come but his wife or girlfriend was having a baby, so he had to cancel a couple days before.

Everyone seemed more concerned whether Egan was going to fight.  Kid rocked at that event (his coming out show) and GSP was a "nobody" but I recognized him from all of his TKO fights (which is a canadian feeder organization for the UFC). 

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2006, 08:21:51 AM »
Ever heard of sponsorships dipshit? And Franklin making 20-40k per fight isn't too bad for someone doing something most likely 100x more enjoyable than your McDonald's management position.

Keep on swinging from my nuts, though. I might make you president of my fan club.

more enjoyable yeah eating knees and elbows and making shit money i'm so jealous ::)

his sponsorship money may be gone after last night

kid I never even heard of you until you had your meltdown regarding sugar ray's music so you're a legend in your own mind :-\

E
E

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2006, 11:54:31 AM »
hahah cock fury got owned.

Tinsley

• Getbig III
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2006, 03:26:28 PM »
GSP is a legitimate nice guy.  I had the chance to meet him in Montreal two years back, a mutual friend knew him growing up I guess.  Guy is solid and humble as they come.

And as for being too humble, maybe he just lets his performance talk for him...

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2006, 08:13:24 PM »
I think the leaked outcome at Sherdogs has decreased the drama of this season. 

Wombat

• Getbig IV
  • Your name tattooed to my ass!
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2006, 11:13:03 PM »
GSP is a legitimate nice guy.  I had the chance to meet him in Montreal two years back, a mutual friend knew him growing up I guess.  Guy is solid and humble as they come.

And as for being too humble, maybe he just lets his performance talk for him...

exactly...Tom Brady is one of the most humble guys one could ever meet..Even with 3 super bowl titles...The guy turns down endorsements because he wants to have time with family and friends...He stated he doesn't need all that money anyways...He just wants titles..

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2006, 12:03:33 PM »
exactly...Tom Brady is one of the most humble guys one could ever meet..Even with 3 super bowl titles...The guy turns down endorsements because he wants to have time with family and friends...He stated he doesn't need all that money anyways...He just wants titles..

he learned that after the first super bowl when he spent too much time at the playboy mansion and missed the playoffs the next season

E
E

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2006, 12:58:43 PM »
he learned that after the first super bowl when he spent too much time at the playboy mansion and missed the playoffs the next season

E

hahahahaha yes!!!!!!!!!!!

canadian_husker

• Getbig III
  • From the outside looking in you cant understand it
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2006, 12:30:01 AM »

E

is big ben trying to top him with the motorcycle accident/2-5 start?
Go Big Red!!!

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2006, 06:13:30 AM »
is big ben trying to top him with the motorcycle accident/2-5 start?

no but I see big ben coming back the way brady did next season 8)

E
E

Wombat

• Getbig IV
  • Your name tattooed to my ass!
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2006, 01:36:34 AM »
no but I see big ben coming back the way brady did next season 8)

E

brady looked damn good against the vikings the other night...I think Pats/Colts is a coin toss....I like the pats at home though...They seem to get better and better at every game...