Author Topic: What do you think of this?  (Read 2749 times)

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
Re: What do you think of this?
« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2006, 10:34:14 AM »
I can tell you that I did not overdub someone elses stuff and I'm trying to pull it off as my own.

I didn't think you did overdub, I was commending you on that fact. It's obvious to my eyes, that you are really playing there.
There is a video on youtube.com where a guitar player is faking "Sabre Dance" by Dave Edmunds. You can tell the timing of the fingers are off, the tone of the guitar is exactly the same as Dave's recording, and the guy does more antics of jerking around than playing.
I know it's you recording that, just to be clear.

Pete Lesperance

• Getbig II
  • "Sometimes life is surreal..no...really!"
« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2006, 11:05:20 AM »
I didn't think you did overdub, I was commending you on that fact. It's obvious to my eyes, that you are really playing there.
There is a video on youtube.com where a guitar player is faking "Sabre Dance" by Dave Edmunds. You can tell the timing of the fingers are off, the tone of the guitar is exactly the same as Dave's recording, and the guy does more antics of jerking around than playing.
I know it's you recording that, just to be clear.

I apologize, I must have misunderstood what you wrote there.
You mentioned that you've struggled as a musician, how long have you been playing for?
Sorry,
P

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2006, 11:23:12 AM »
I apologize, I must have misunderstood what you wrote there.
You mentioned that you've struggled as a musician, how long have you been playing for?
Sorry,
P
Hey pete... cool song...check it out...i love guitar and i wanted to play...i started and i found that since im double jointed (my fingertips go beyind 180 when pressed against something ...like say a guitar neck) and i find myself muting strings that i dont want muted....have you heard of anything like that??

Pete Lesperance

• Getbig II
« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2006, 11:31:36 AM »
Hey pete... cool song...check it out...i love guitar and i wanted to play...i started and i found that since im double jointed (my fingertips go beyind 180 when pressed against something ...like say a guitar neck) and i find myself muting strings that i dont want muted....have you heard of anything like that??

I can't say that I have heard of anything like that before. I may just be reading what you wrote wrong as I don't fully understand what your trying to say by "my fingertips go beyond 180". If you'd like send me a pm explaining it a little more.
Later
P

Pete Lesperance

• Getbig II
« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2006, 10:55:19 AM »
you look like kato

Do you mean Kato from the O.J. Simpson case?

Adam Brown

• Getbig I
« Reply #30 on: October 20, 2006, 05:53:58 AM »
Here's a few more that you may find amusing LOL!
P

Piano/Vocal
&mode=related&search=

From the "Big Hair" days

Good stuff Pete,
The music video was priceless. You guys did have some big hair. You are a very talented guitar player. I actually own the Album Mood Swings which the song "No Justice" is on.

Pete Lesperance

• Getbig II
« Reply #31 on: October 25, 2006, 11:33:59 AM »
Good stuff Pete,
The music video was priceless. You guys did have some big hair. You are a very talented guitar player. I actually own the Album Mood Swings which the song "No Justice" is on.

Thanks for the kind words man
Later
P