Author Topic: On average, how much money do you spend on 'bodybuilding' each year?  (Read 8861 times)

Stavios

Re: On average, how much money do you spend on 'bodybuilding' each year?
« Reply #75 on: October 14, 2006, 09:17:24 AM »
That's because you're a REDNECK woman and you aint no high-class BROAD and you're just a product of your raising and you say 'hey ya'll and hee haw!'. That's why.

truth  :(

;D

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #76 on: October 14, 2006, 11:12:16 AM »
I wouldn't spend $100 on a pair of jeans, but let's say I find a pair of unused stars and stripes baggy pants designed by Mike Christian on Ebay... well that's a different story!  :P
Z

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #77 on: October 14, 2006, 11:30:48 AM »

You mean like 'REX'? Imagine taking a roundhouse kick by someone with some of those on...
?

davidpaul

• Getbig V
« Reply #78 on: October 15, 2006, 12:43:46 PM »
You mean like 'REX'? Imagine taking a roundhouse kick by someone with some of those on...
  haha rEx kwon do.

sarcasm

• Getbig V
  • The Luke loves Dungeons and Dragons
« Reply #79 on: October 15, 2006, 01:00:02 PM »
  haha rEx kwon do.
hahahahaha, "you need someone watching your back AT ALL TIMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
Jaejonna rows 125!!

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #80 on: October 15, 2006, 01:08:38 PM »
Our cost of living is amongst the highest in the world [aarggh!]

Gym memberships start at about $120 p/month for a kinda crappy place, and go up. There are only 8, so the better ones have waiting lists because of these ghey fire laws about maximum occupancy......like everyone will come to the gym at the same time ::)

Damn, in the states the highest rates I have seen are about $500 per year. Most are in the $300 per year range I would guess.
The House that Ruth built

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #81 on: October 15, 2006, 01:09:47 PM »
Bodybuilding Budget Fiscal 05

Steriods                                         2300
IGF/Human Growth Hormone         3000
Downers; Benzo'/opiates/GHB       6000
supplements                                  4500
gym membership                           650
equipment, gloves, needles             300
food(filot minon)                            8000

total est                                      25,000

And the income most earn from that "investment" - $00.00

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #82 on: October 15, 2006, 01:17:02 PM »
hahahahaha, i'm talking about classic, rare cards from the 50's and 60's, i love going to a sports memorabilia store and checking out their stock, it's a lot of fun, i'm not embarassed by it.

I have Lots of old cards from the 40's, 50's and 60's thanks to my dad and grandad. I even have some old cards from the 30's from tobacco tins. I have literally at least 10,000 cards form the 70's, 80's and 90's. My 16 year old owns them now. When I was a kid every cent I had went to buying baseball, hockey, basketball and football cards. I can remember many hours I spent sorting them out.

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #83 on: October 15, 2006, 01:19:35 PM »

I also aint ashamed to admit I buy jeans and workout clothes at thrift stores. Hell ya! Aint no shame to a BlockHeads game!

Nothing wrong with saving money. I go to Goodwill every so often looking for bargains.

sarcasm

• Getbig V
  • The Luke loves Dungeons and Dragons
« Reply #84 on: October 15, 2006, 01:20:28 PM »
I have Lots of old cards from the 40's, 50's and 60's thanks to my dad and grandad. I even have some old cards from the 30's from tobacco tins. I have literally at least 10,000 cards form the 70's, 80's and 90's. My 16 year old owns them now. When I was a kid every cent I had went to buying baseball, hockey, basketball and football cards. I can remember many hours I spent sorting them out.
i'm the same as you man, when i was between 9-14 i had maybe 100,000 cards, some rare, some complete Topps sets, my younger brother and i were completely obsessed with baseball cards, we almost opened up a store with my dad's help, ahh the memories.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #85 on: October 15, 2006, 01:24:33 PM »
Gym Membership - 780.00 dollars a year
Food - 125.00 dollars a week
Supplements - 0 (Business)
NPC Card - 80.00 a year
INBF Card - 30.00 a year
Pre Competition Tanning - 30.00
Chiropractor - 30.00 a session,  4-8 a month
Hotel Expenses - $600.00+
Magazine Subscriptions- 96.00 a year
Posing Trunks - 0 (Business)
Clothing - 100.00

And much more....too much to list... :P

Vince, I would say all that money spent on your contest conditioning would be a very poor return for your buck.

TheGoldenPrince

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #86 on: October 16, 2006, 07:25:40 AM »

Vince, I would say all that money spent on your contest conditioning would be a very poor return for your buck.

Hehehe. ;D
Team Goodrum!

buffbodz

• Getbig V
  • It's only a board
« Reply #87 on: October 16, 2006, 08:38:48 AM »
Being in the business, I have a first hand look at what people spend.  We have the weekly 1 box MRP'S and 1 tub of protein and we also have the kind who will use anything new that comes down the pike.  I have seen people spend 300 a week ( love em) to the guy I see once in a blue moon for a bottle of multi's.  I personally use about 10 different sups, but when you take into consideration that an MRP for less than 2 bucks = a meal which would cost at least 6 bucks to get all the nutrients that you get from a drink is a bargin.  If I was spending it would be crazy, but I get samples to evaluate and they come free.  I have a workout studio in my store so no gym membership either.  Plus it's better to give someone first hand info on a new sup rather than what the literature says about it.  I owe that to My customers.
6 meals lift heavy and 1/2 hr cardio

Bigger Business

• Getbig V
  • FKN Gym Wear
« Reply #88 on: October 16, 2006, 09:08:39 AM »
I have a workout studio in my store so no gym membership either.  Plus it's better to give someone first hand info on a new sup rather than what the literature says about it.  I owe that to My customers.

so you give someone a gakic sample and then let em loose in the studio?

ive heard that stuff can increase strength immediatly by 10.5%

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: October 16, 2006, 09:20:15 AM »

Bottom line is...if you're smart and savvy and a New Jack Hustler like TheBlockHead is...you shouldn't be paying much at all to pursue this lifestyle.

Only suckers pay $$$ for lots of supps and gear. If you have the body and look and knowledge then people should be seeking you out and willing to PAY you to make them look like you or make them look better and when they do...then there is your grocery bills and gym membership fee and supps if need be.

I also find 'naturals' spend waaaaaay more than a non-natural to pursue this. There are reasons why that is but that's another story.
?

Special Ed

• Toms
  • Getbig V
  • Special Ed Forever!
« Reply #90 on: October 16, 2006, 09:49:42 AM »
TOP TEN BODYBUILDING EXPENSES

1. $50/month to cover "high-speed" connection so Getbig.com posts and replies are "instantly" accessible.
2. $30/month lease for Dell laptop "computer" so Getbig.com can be accessed from toilets anywhere in the house.
3. $20/month long distance bill keeping in touch with fellow Getbiggers making plans to "meet up" at the next "big show".
4. $3.99 for "Groucho" glasses with mustache to keep your identity "top secret" in Getbig-posted photos.
5. $89.99 for Adobe Photoshop 9.0 to artificially increase size of arms in "untouched" Getbig-posted photos.
6. $20/month purchasing 8 bottles of Glade Air Freshener to cover up stench from grotesque roid farts that pervade home.
7. $20/month spent on "legendary" and "classic" T. Micheal Bodybuilding Clothes that used to be "the shit".
8. $2.25 listing fee on Ebay for "legendary" and "classic" T. Micheal Bodybuilding Clothes that you decide you just cannot wear in good conscience.
9. $3.00/day for Amino Force drink at gym that lets others know that despite your 14-inch "guns", you are "dead serious" when it comes to supplementation.
10. $250 for lawyer consultation to determine if calling "Flex" Wheeler a "homeless con artist" is actionable at law.

Special "Priceless" Ed
BigNationRadio.com

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: October 16, 2006, 10:31:33 AM »

Best part of all this, Special'BaddaBoomBaddaBing!'Ed is that all of these expenses...can be knocked out with one single gay 4 pay session.

As some of these scoundrel scavengers on here know...
?

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #92 on: October 16, 2006, 10:35:27 AM »
And the income most earn from that "investment" - $00.00

AHHAAHHAAHAH!!!  Exactly!!   Yes, $25K on all that crap so he could put on a skin-tight, sparkle/glitter shirt, hit the clubs and have 3 women give him quick glances and nothing more.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #93 on: October 16, 2006, 10:37:48 AM »
i wouldn't even spend 50 bucks on jeans.

Exactly, what fvckin for?   All these metros will tell you, "clothes make the man."   They spend $200 on a shirt, where that shirt and look like a man in a $200 shirt   I buy a $20 shirt, wear it and make it look like a million bucks.

davidpaul

• Getbig V
« Reply #94 on: October 16, 2006, 02:40:49 PM »
Bottom line is...if you're smart and savvy and a New Jack Hustler like TheBlockHead is...you shouldn't be paying much at all to pursue this lifestyle.

Only suckers pay $$$ for lots of supps and gear. If you have the body and look and knowledge then people should be seeking you out and willing to PAY you to make them look like you or make them look better and when they do...then there is your grocery bills and gym membership fee and supps if need be.

I also find 'naturals' spend waaaaaay more than a non-natural to pursue this. There are reasons why that is but that's another story.

so true.

WiseGuy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #95 on: October 16, 2006, 02:44:38 PM »
Gym Membership - 780.00 dollars a year
Food - 125.00 dollars a week
Supplements - 0 (Business)
NPC Card - 80.00 a year
INBF Card - 30.00 a year
Pre Competition Tanning - 30.00
Chiropractor - 30.00 a session,  4-8 a month
Hotel Expenses - $600.00+
Magazine Subscriptions- 96.00 a year
Posing Trunks - 0 (Business)
Clothing - 100.00

And much more....too much to list... :P

you need to sue yourself for the money back........

you ripped yourself off

;D

THE ROCK

• Getbig II
  • It doesn't matter what your name is!!!
« Reply #96 on: October 23, 2006, 05:16:56 AM »

you need to sue yourself for the money back........

you ripped yourself off

;D

hahahahahahaha
Do you smell it?

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #97 on: October 23, 2006, 01:57:19 PM »
Exactly, what fvckin for?   All these metros will tell you, "clothes make the man."   They spend $200 on a shirt, where that shirt and look like a man in a $200 shirt   I buy a $20 shirt, wear it and make it look like a million bucks.
haha very true! 500bux for a sweater or something, oh fuck give me a break.
bodybuildersreality.com