Author Topic: Calories in and calories out , RMR  (Read 705 times)

Tier

• Getbig III
  • Lift light with sloppy form
Calories in and calories out , RMR
« on: October 14, 2006, 01:47:37 PM »
Ok now according to Arnolds book , to work out your RMR is your lbm (kg's) X 30.4

So my lRMR is 70 X 30.4 = 2,128 calories/day    (lbm is an estimate)

Over a week that is 14,496 Calories

Now say I consume 1,650 calories for 6 days (9900)  and have a cheat day sunday and consume 5000 calories

Thats a total of 14,900 Consumed  -  14,496 RMR  =  404 Calories Excess / Week

Now If I were to exercise consisting of 5 hockey sessions , 4 gym sessions and 3 jogs totalling 3300 Burned

Mean thats Overall for a week I burn 17,796 (Burned Exercise + RMR) / week - 14,900 Consumed

=  2896 Excess Burned / Week

Now If your still awake or even understanding what Im saying is , Is this all possible to still be loseing fat each week even tho im haveing a large Cheat Day?

Can the body work like this when its over an average over a week?  Apparently its a scientific fact that If you burn more calories than you consume its impossible NOT to lose weight.

Just curious If the above is correct............

And yes i know i need a girlfriend/get out more  :o

jmt1

• Getbig IV
Re: Calories in and calories out , RMR
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2006, 02:36:37 PM »
the cheat day is fine...you can still lose fat ...you could also gain lean muscle tissue while you are losing fat depending on your training program and diet.

the problem with those calculations is that you are working from the assumption that its just a matter of calories in vs. calories out...the old notion that a calorie is a calorie is not true...that thinking doesnt take into account macronutrient ratios, how the calories are metabolized, meal frequency, ect.